PDA

View Full Version : Peri - Kentucky questions!

jimnyc
12-31-2015, 03:25 PM
Still early, but huge game coming up against LSU, although that one is home for them. Do you go to a fair amount of their home games? I would love to get to a game at the arena before I croak!!

They play at home against Florida on Feb 6th and Georgia 3 days later, and I can't stand either one of them! But this years big game, at least now, should be South Carolina on the 13th after that. They're surprisingly 12-0 and first in the SEC!!

Perianne
12-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Still early, but huge game coming up against LSU, although that one is home for them. Do you go to a fair amount of their home games? I would love to get to a game at the arena before I croak!!

They play at home against Florida on Feb 6th and Georgia 3 days later, and I can't stand either one of them! But this years big game, at least now, should be South Carolina on the 13th after that. They're surprisingly 12-0 and first in the SEC!!

I went last weekend to the Louisville game, but that is probably the only game I will go to this year. The cheering by the crowd in that game was painfully loud. And the tickets for nosebleed section were about $200 each.

I usually go to at least one game per year. My daughter really enjoys being there in person, more so than watching them on TV. And of course all the games are on TV.

Rupp Arena is huge with 23,000+ fans pulling for the team. There might be nothing else like it, seeing how Lexington is the center of the collegiate basketball world.

Gunny
12-31-2015, 04:08 PM

I can tell you this: they're liars. Bluegrass State my ass. There grass is green like everyone else's. One of my greatest disappointments. I wanted to see some blue grass dammit. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-31-2015, 04:16 PM
I went last weekend to the Louisville game, but that is probably the only game I will go to this year. The cheering by the crowd in that game was painfully loud. And the tickets for nosebleed section were about $200 each.

I usually go to at least one game per year. My daughter really enjoys being there in person, more so than watching them on TV. And of course all the games are on TV.

Rupp Arena is huge with 23,000+ fans pulling for the team. There might be nothing else like it, seeing how Lexington is the center of the collegiate basketball world.

$200 for nosebleeds? Damn!! I don't really hit up college games. Went to a Rutgers football game a few years back, but the tickets were given to my wife from someone else. I thought they were like $15. Maybe because Rutgers sucks? I know Kentucky rules, year in and year out, but those prices mean it really would be a once in a lifetime visit!! :laugh:

Now, for a Steelers game...

jimnyc
12-31-2015, 04:19 PM
I can tell you this: they're liars. Bluegrass State my ass. There grass is green like everyone else's. One of my greatest disappointments. I wanted to see some blue grass dammit. :laugh:

I always wondered about "bluegrass" when I was younger. I just kinda figured they grew some weird grass out there that was blue, what the hell did I know. I also always kind of wondered why I never saw any grass that was actually blue. Wasn't until I got a job as a landscaper well after HS!! :laugh:

Also, "Kentucky Blugrass" isn't even from Kentucky!! Bastards!!

Gunny
12-31-2015, 04:24 PM
I always wondered about "bluegrass" when I was younger. I just kinda figured they grew some weird grass out there that was blue, what the hell did I know. I also always kind of wondered why I never saw any grass that was actually blue. Wasn't until I got a job as a landscaper well after HS!! :laugh:

Also, "Kentucky Blugrass" isn't even from Kentucky!! Bastards!!

Nope. I stopped at the first damned rest stop to see some blue f-ing grass and it was green. Matter of fact, it was on I-65, not far from where Perianne lives. Damn frauds. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Nope. I stopped at the first damned rest stop to see some blue f-ing grass and it was green. Matter of fact, it was on I-65, not far from where Perianne lives. Damn frauds. :laugh:

I was never there, but I still figured it existed. Now a days they just paint the grass. Some college football fields are hilarious. I forget who, but one of them was full on black, and it was kinda funny as it made it more difficult to see the game, at least for me.

Perianne
12-31-2015, 04:37 PM
Ya'll would really have problems with the concept of "Kentuckians bleed blue". lol

Perianne
12-31-2015, 04:37 PM
$200 for nosebleeds? Damn!! I don't really hit up college games. Went to a Rutgers football game a few years back, but the tickets were given to my wife from someone else. I thought they were like $15. Maybe because Rutgers sucks? I know Kentucky rules, year in and year out, but those prices mean it really would be a once in a lifetime visit!! :laugh:

Now, for a Steelers game...

The section where we normally sit ran about $700 per ticket.

jimnyc
12-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Ya'll would really have problems with the concept of "Kentuckians bleed blue". lol

Hmmmmm....... I bleed black and blue, so.... but still.....

The section where we normally sit ran about $700 per ticket.

Damn, too much for my black and blue blood! That's Steelers prices. I would pay like $500 tops for a one off visit to the arena to see them before I croak. But as a casual fan, I wouldn't go higher than $50 per game. I suppose that likely leaves me at the corner bar and their TV set? :)

I haven't missed a single Steelers game on TV in years and years and years. I think. But to visit Pittsburgh and get a seat. I do need a one off for the new Heinz Field before I croak too! I don't know how high I would go for a pair of tickets, but someone would likely be finding a sucker in me overpaying for the tickets!!

Is it expensive to visit around where the arena is? For example, you may be able to get NY Knicks tickets for much much cheaper than the $700 in Kentucky. But then you may find the hotels during that time of the season are like $400 a night! Not to mention the cabbie ripping you off since you're from out of town!

Perianne
12-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Hmmmmm....... I bleed black and blue, so.... but still.....

Damn, too much for my black and blue blood! That's Steelers prices. I would pay like $500 tops for a one off visit to the arena to see them before I croak. But as a casual fan, I wouldn't go higher than $50 per game. I suppose that likely leaves me at the corner bar and their TV set? :)

I haven't missed a single Steelers game on TV in years and years and years. I think. But to visit Pittsburgh and get a seat. I do need a one off for the new Heinz Field before I croak too! I don't know how high I would go for a pair of tickets, but someone would likely be finding a sucker in me overpaying for the tickets!!

Is it expensive to visit around where the arena is? For example, you may be able to get NY Knicks tickets for much much cheaper than the $700 in Kentucky. But then you may find the hotels during that time of the season are like $400 a night! Not to mention the cabbie ripping you off since you're from out of town!

Last year we had tickets for the NCAA basketball championship game....$1400 per ticket. And then Kentucky lost in the final four. We were able to sell them for $140. When UK lost, the market for the tickets was gone. Some goonie from Wisconsin probably got our tickets.

Lexington is nothing like New York City. Hotels are reasonable and there are several nice places around Rupp Arena. You could even walk and wouldn't have to pay cab bills. And though it is close to the bad part of town, it is very safe in that area.

Elessar
12-31-2015, 07:20 PM
I was never there, but I still figured it existed. Now a days they just paint the grass. Some college football fields are hilarious. I forget who, but one of them was full on black, and it was kinda funny as it made it more difficult to see the game, at least for me.

Isn't Boise State's artificial turf blue?