PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions

Perianne
12-31-2015, 03:31 PM
New Years eve is a traditional time to make resolutions. Ya'll make any?

I have decided to not say "nigger" in the new year. I think some people consider it disrespectful to them-there blacks.

I also have decided to try to go one complete year without saying a bad word. I said one early this year at work, several months ago, but I was really angry at someone and it just came out. And of all the bad words people say at work, I got told on by someone and was warned not to say bad words at work. People just took it more serious when I said it.

I have decided to start running again when the weather warms up.

jimnyc
12-31-2015, 03:37 PM
Every year I pick something and then break it within a few days, or even hours. That's probably because I bite off too much. For example, my resolution for quitting smoking many years in the past (don't smoke anymore). I usually lit up within minutes of the new year coming in. I should have known better. Or like you, to quite cursing, which is harder than quitting cigarettes. Or quitting using hand gestures towards others. That never lasts past the next time I drive.

My new years resolution this year is to be as kind as possible to my puppy and kitty. :)

Perianne
12-31-2015, 03:50 PM
Every year I pick something and then break it within a few days, or even hours. That's probably because I bite off too much. For example, my resolution for quitting smoking many years in the past (don't smoke anymore). I usually lit up within minutes of the new year coming in. I should have known better. Or like you, to quite cursing, which is harder than quitting cigarettes. Or quitting using hand gestures towards others. That never lasts past the next time I drive.

My new years resolution this year is to be as kind as possible to my puppy and kitty. :)

I think I can make at least two of the three resolutions. "Nigger" has been part of my vocabulary for 50+ years and I don't really think anything about it. We even say it at work but never about patients. But this year I noticed I was saying it about all black people and that ain't right. Only some black people are niggers while the others are just people. It is a funny word, though. Regular people call black people a lot of words, lol. I should start a thread on it but I won't out of respect to our black members. They may not find it funny. Black people call white people a lot of words, too. I think I will leave that type of thread alone. :)

Black Diamond
12-31-2015, 04:00 PM
I think I can make at least two of the three resolutions. "Nigger" has been part of my vocabulary for 50+ years and I don't really think anything about it. We even say it at work but never about patients. But this year I noticed I was saying it about all black people and that ain't right. Only some black people are niggers while the others are just people. It is a funny word, though. Regular people call black people a lot of words, lol. I should start a thread on it but I won't out of respect to our black members. They may not find it funny. Black people call white people a lot of words, too. I think I will leave that type of thread alone. :)
Nigger please....

Bilgerat
12-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Carl resolved to stop doing one thing:

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/993862_1237985046218853_2325140574763210812_n.jpg? oh=0f6df320bd3b1eec8a797442cfe59491&oe=5749ED68

hjmick
12-31-2015, 05:21 PM
I made a resolution about three or so decades ago to never make New Year's resolutions again.

I am happy to report that I have successfully stuck to it...

namvet
12-31-2015, 07:10 PM
to continue my retired dead beat status

Bilgerat
12-31-2015, 07:15 PM
to continue my retired dead beat status

Wow, I can do that too! :salute:

Elessar
12-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Resolve to go steelhead fishing more often this year!

http://fishing.about.com/od/Species/fl/Species-Profile-Steelhead.htm?utm_term=what%20is%20steelhead%20fis h&utm_content=p1-main-2-title&utm_medium=sem&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=adid-03bcd6ea-71da-4f73-a230-57b2f2cb8680-0-ab_gsb_ocode-35418&ad=semD&an=google_s&am=broad&q=what%20is%20steelhead%20fish&dqi=&o=35418&l=sem&qsrc=999&askid=03bcd6ea-71da-4f73-a230-57b2f2cb8680-0-ab_gsb

BoogyMan
12-31-2015, 08:46 PM
I am running 35 miles per week now and am resolving within myself to try and be able to run 45 miles per week by the end of this year. :)

tailfins
12-31-2015, 09:11 PM

I have decided to not say "nigger" in the new year. I think some people consider it disrespectful to them-there blacks.

I also have decided to try to go one complete year without saying a bad word. I said one early this year at work, several months ago, but I was really angry at someone and it just came out. And of all the bad words people say at work, I got told on by someone and was warned not to say bad words at work. People just took it more serious when I said it.

That sounds like a lofty goal. Tell you what, next time I want to use the word nigger, I will use a synonym such as Jigaboo, Saucer Lips or Tyr-Ziu Saxnot.

Drummond
12-31-2015, 09:16 PM

You've self-banned yourself from referring to Lefties ?? Steady on !!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

aboutime
12-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Before I had my first heart attack, and then quadruple bypass. I used to make a resolution about Quitting the Smoking habit. Since then, and because of the heart attack. I stopped smoking 'cold-turkey', and resolved to NEVER make any more New Years Resolutions. Being alive was all I needed!!!!:salute:

namvet
01-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Before I had my first heart attack, and then quadruple bypass. I used to make a resolution about Quitting the Smoking habit. Since then, and because of the heart attack. I stopped smoking 'cold-turkey', and resolved to NEVER make any more New Years Resolutions. Being alive was all I needed!!!!:salute:

stop smoking is easy. ive done it a thousand times :thumb:

Gunny
01-01-2016, 11:11 AM

Usually minutes. :laugh:

aboutime
01-01-2016, 03:14 PM
stop smoking is easy. ive done it a thousand times :thumb:

Agreed. If I was every really consistent about something, it was to quit smoking. Did it usually the day just before payday, when I smoked my last pack just before going to the ship's store while underway. Not to mention how I didn't want to keep bumming smokes from others who were almost out as well.

But...the heart-attack, and the doc's promise that smoking would be the end of me....worked...COLD TURKEY.

Proof is now. I'm still here, and can't stand the smell so much. I can smell other drivers when our windows are down. And the HOUSE smells great now. No brown stains anywhere.

namvet
01-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Agreed. If I was every really consistent about something, it was to quit smoking. Did it usually the day just before payday, when I smoked my last pack just before going to the ship's store while underway. Not to mention how I didn't want to keep bumming smokes from others who were almost out as well.

But...the heart-attack, and the doc's promise that smoking would be the end of me....worked...COLD TURKEY.

Proof is now. I'm still here, and can't stand the smell so much. I can smell other drivers when our windows are down. And the HOUSE smells great now. No brown stains anywhere.

a note here pal. you do give up the risk of heart attack right off. but the risk of cancer is life time. I have a chest xray once a year. just some advice. my dad found out the hard way

WiccanLiberal
01-01-2016, 06:57 PM
I don't favor resolutions. I prefer reflection for the day. Reflection on what the last year has been about and what I want to be different. Resolutions tend to be fleeting in a lot of cases. Lessons learned seem a better choice for me at least Sorry I have been absent for a bit. Been very down lately and have very little energy. Hope the New Year is better for all of us.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-01-2016, 07:07 PM
That sounds like a lofty goal. Tell you what, next time I want to use the word nigger, I will use a synonym such as Jigaboo, Saucer Lips or Tyr-Ziu Saxnot.

Or you could man your up muzzie shill/kissing ass down in the cage area here (reserved just for kind of comment you just made), but puny little cowards like you never do.. :laugh:-Tyr

Black Diamond
01-01-2016, 10:27 PM
What is it that keeps people from keeping resolutions?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-01-2016, 11:45 PM

Anger and/or a "to hell with it" attitude I suspect..
I have kept one for 9 years straight now.
With 10 more to go.. -Tyr

Gunny
01-02-2016, 08:48 AM

Making them.

Perianne
01-31-2016, 10:02 PM

Here's the end of the first month. I have only slipped one time and said the n-word. I haven't said any bad words.

fj1200
02-02-2016, 02:13 PM
I have decided to not say "nigger" in the new year.

Good on ya for joining the regular people.

namvet
02-02-2016, 02:17 PM
oh tay buckwheat

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbmptwxKnC1qi8jcb.jpg

Gunny
02-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Here's the end of the first month. I have only slipped one time and said the n-word. I haven't said any bad words.

Hell, I broke them all before Jan 2nd. :laugh: