PDA

View Full Version : Ben Carson's Free-Falling Campaign Loses Top 2 Staffers

jimnyc
01-01-2016, 01:20 AM
This sucks. I wish I knew what happened with Carson, or what didn't happen. At first I thought he was too slow, didn't have the appropriate energy. But the more I listened to him the more I liked him. And he's a smart cookie for sure. His campaign isn't looking too good though, unfortunately. I would have been happy to call him Mr. Prez.

----

Ben Carson's campaign manager and communications director both resigned Thursday morning, just a month away from the Iowa Caucuses, in a surprise move that could shake up the campaign as his poll numbers continue their downhill slide.

Communications Director Doug Watts, in a statement to The Des Moines Register, confirmed that he and Campaign Manager Barry Bennett had stepped down, effective immediately. Further, Bennett told The Washington Post that more resignations are likely, as the internal stresses within the Carson campaign are forcing people to reconsider their support.

"We respect the candidate and we have enjoyed helping him go from far back in the field to top tier status, having just announced raising $23 million for the fourth quarter, more than any other Republican candidate, and passing one million contributions and over 600 million unique donors," Watts said in the statement. "Since March, we are proud of our efforts for Dr. Carson and we wish him and his campaign the best of luck."
Carson was once ahead of front-runner Donald Trump in the Iowa polls, but his popularity started to slip after questions about his foreign policy experience. His poll ranking was at 28 percent at its highest point in October, but according to an early December poll among Iowa's likely caucus growers, the retired neurosurgeon's ratings dropped by 15 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/ben-carson-campaign-staffers-quit/2015/12/31/id/707755/

Perianne
01-01-2016, 01:53 AM
"We respect the candidate and we have enjoyed helping him go from far back in the field to top tier status, having just announced raising $23 million for the fourth quarter, more than any other Republican candidate, and passing one million contributions and over 600 million unique donors," Watts said in the statement. "Since March, we are proud of our efforts for Dr. Carson and we wish him and his campaign the best of luck."
Carson was once ahead of front-runner Donald Trump in the Iowa polls, but his popularity started to slip after questions about his foreign policy experience. His poll ranking was at 28 percent at its highest point in October, but according to an early December poll among Iowa's likely caucus growers, the retired neurosurgeon's ratings dropped by 15 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/ben-carson-campaign-staffers-quit/2015/12/31/id/707755/ (http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/ben-carson-campaign-staffers-quit/2015/12/31/id/707755/)

How did he come up with 600 million unique donors? There are not that many people in America.

Black Diamond
01-01-2016, 01:59 AM
This sucks. I wish I knew what happened with Carson, or what didn't happen. At first I thought he was too slow, didn't have the appropriate energy. But the more I listened to him the more I liked him. And he's a smart cookie for sure. His campaign isn't looking too good though, unfortunately. I would have been happy to call him Mr. Prez.

----

Ben Carson's campaign manager and communications director both resigned Thursday morning, just a month away from the Iowa Caucuses, in a surprise move that could shake up the campaign as his poll numbers continue their downhill slide.

Communications Director Doug Watts, in a statement to The Des Moines Register, confirmed that he and Campaign Manager Barry Bennett had stepped down, effective immediately. Further, Bennett told The Washington Post that more resignations are likely, as the internal stresses within the Carson campaign are forcing people to reconsider their support.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/ben-carson-campaign-staffers-quit/2015/12/31/id/707755/
Paris happened.