PDA

View Full Version : Actor Wayne Rogers dead

namvet
01-01-2016, 09:18 AM
trapper John McIntyre as he was known on the MASH series has died at age 82

http://i64.tinypic.com/2eocydl.jpg

LOS ANGELES – Wayne Rogers, whose Trapper John McIntyre alongside Alan Alda's Hawkeye Pierce brought mischief, martinis and meatball surgery to the masses in the 1970s every week on "M.A.S.H.," has died.

story (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/01/01/wayne-rogers-trapper-john-on-mash-dies-at-82/?intcmp=hpbt4)

the story goes he left the series after 3 years because of a contract dispute. but a story i read long time back claims he and McLean Stevenson left because they were tired of playing 2nd fiddle to Alda

fj1200
01-01-2016, 10:34 AM
And a frequent guest on CNBC to discuss his investing philosophies.

Gunny
01-01-2016, 10:57 AM
I didn't realize until I was watching some Year in Review show how many celebrities have died this past year. BB King and Ben E. King stood out to me. There were more I can't recall, but seems like they're dropping like flies lately.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I didn't realize until I was watching some Year in Review show how many celebrities have died this past year. BB King and Ben E. King stood out to me. There were more I can't recall, but seems like they're dropping like flies lately.

Death is always a happy camper when taking actors because most are liberals and readily volunteer in Hell to join his demon army
commanded by Lucifer..
Fame no matter how great is only man's sanity and has nothing to do with with other realm one lands in after death.

Strange that = BB King and Ben E. King both stood out to me significantly as well!!
BB King because I live 6 miles across the river and have seen him couple times at his club long ago and even spoke to him a couple times. Very, very nice guy!-Tyr

Gunny
01-01-2016, 11:19 AM
Percy Sledge was another.

War story time: When I was a kid and we'd be making that trip from CA to VA because Dad got reassigned, I always rode with him and my brother rode with my mom because those two couldn't shut up if you duct taped their mouths. We'd get most of the way across the country before my dad or I would say a word. And he knew every oldies station from one end of the country to the other. I remember once we swapped me and my brother out and made it about to the next rest area.:laugh: My brother drove my dad up the wall and my mom wouldn't shut up for sh*t.

namvet
01-01-2016, 11:29 AM
notable or famous lost in 2015

http://www.aarp.org/entertainment/style-trends/info-2015/celebrity-death-photo.html#slide17

Bilgerat
01-01-2016, 02:54 PM
In 1954 he served in the US Navy as a navigator on the USS Denebola (a stores ship).

He retired his commission in 1957 to pursue an acting career.

Elessar
01-01-2016, 03:46 PM
BB King because I live 6 miles across the river and have seen him couple times at his club long ago and even spoke to him a couple times. Very, very nice guy!-Tyr

I met him when I Emceed his concert in college.
He was an all-round humble and decent man.