PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Browns - Jets/Bills

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Steelers at Cleveland
Jets at Buffalo

Steelers need to win and have a Jets loss. Both play in 5 minutes.

That is all.

Gunny
01-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Steelers at Cleveland
Jets at Buffalo

That is all.

I can't wait until football season is over. Maybe I'll have someone to talk to. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
01-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Since Tom Coughlin is apparently resigning, I'm campaigning for the Giants to get Mike Tomlin. I know you won't mind, Jim.

:coffee:

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Steelers at Cleveland
Jets at Buffalo

That is all.

....Watching your game now...(you should crush them)

....Bills are ahead....

*I am enjoying and savoring the remainder of this Football season .....:beer:

My Panthers play the 4:25 Game today....we win...we will enjoy home seed for all the play-off games....

Gunny
01-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Since Tom Coughlin is apparently resigning, I'm campaigning for the Giants to get Mike Tomlin. I know you won't mind, Jim.

:coffee:

You're lucky I like you. I'd have had to dust off the neg rep for anyone else for stating such blasphemy.

Gunny
01-03-2016, 03:33 PM
....Watching your game now...(you should crush them)

....Bills are ahead....

*I am enjoying and savoring the remainder of this Football season .....:beer:

My Panthers play the 4:25 Game today....we win...we will enjoy home seed for all the play-off games....

Dude, just STFU. I get the Cowboys-Foreskins game or I can switch over to .. wait for it and try to not get too excited ... the Jets and Bills. Any of y'all want to just shoot me now ...

Abbey Marie
01-03-2016, 03:41 PM
You're lucky I like you. I'd have had to dust off the neg rep for anyone else for stating such blasphemy.

I'm glad you like me, too!

:laugh2:

Black Diamond
01-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Drink to Rex Ryan, eh Jim??

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 04:10 PM
​Congrats Jimmy....the stars aligned ....Steelers going to play offs!

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Gunny;790174]Dude, just STFU. I get the Cowboys-Foreskins game or I can switch over to .. wait for it and try to not get too excited ... the Jets and Bills. Any of y'all want to just shoot me now ...[/QUO

Naaa...you dont like football...so it dont matter...and no one cares.....go watch a movie...and stfu yourself... Oh...grab me a Beer on your way out....:laugh:

Gunny
01-03-2016, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=Gunny;790174]Dude, just STFU. I get the Cowboys-Foreskins game or I can switch over to .. wait for it and try to not get too excited ... the Jets and Bills. Any of y'all want to just shoot me now ...[/QUO

Naaa...you dont like football...so it dont matter...and no one cares.....go watch a movie...and stfu yourself... Oh...grab me a Beer on your way out....:laugh:

I love football. I played it from age about 8 until was 26 or 27. I don't like the NFL. There's a difference. They got more pansy-ass rules than a ballet school. I had a better chance of winning a karate tournament in Japan/Korea as a gai-jin.

I see all this computer crap about which team from which era would beat who. These teams now would get their asses flat kicked and be in the hospital by the end of the first quarter if they played some old school teams. All the NFL is about now is "you're not allowed to do this or that ..." Fuck that. I'd hit you so hard with a forearm shot to your helmet you'd try to run the other way. And the other way was SSgt McGee and he was meaner than I was.

They'd throw you out of the game for that now.

The other thing I don't like about it is the other channels put on flat garbage because they know all you NFL worshippers are watching the game, not them. They just throw in filler crap. Saving Private Ryan's on and I'm forbidden to watch war movies.

And I don't have any beer. Not allowed to do that one either. If I got caught with a beer I'd get my ass beat by a little 5'2" chick. :laugh:

Elessar
01-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Dude, just STFU. I get the Cowboys-Foreskins game or I can switch over to .. wait for it and try to not get too excited ... the Jets and Bills. Any of y'all want to just shoot me now ...

The Skins beat the Cowscrewers.

Chew on that!:laugh:

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Oh yeah! Live to see another week! Their D shows too much weakness though. And now not only is Le'veon Bell out, Deangelo Williams went down today. Antonio Brown another 13 catches for 187 yards.

Steelers play the Broncos as of now, but I think that can change if Denver wins who is playing now.

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Steelers play the Broncos as of now, but I think that can change if Denver wins who is playing now.

Broncos benched Osweiler and put Peyton Manning back in. 4th Q and SD just took the lead 20-17. If the Broncos pull the game out, we play Cincinnati next week. If Broncos lose, we play them next week. I think.

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 08:06 PM
So Cincy it is!

We played them in week 8 of the season and lost 16-10. But this was Big Ben's first game back from his 4 game injury and he tossed 3 INT's and looked very tentative that week. They also lost Le'veon Bell during that game. And still kept in it till the very end.

They played again in week 14 and the Steelers won that one 33-20. Big Ben looked better against them this game - in Cincinnati. This is when the Steelers knocked out the Bengals starting QB, Andy Dalton, and in came AJ McCarron to finish the rest of the season.

And now the Steelers go to play in Cincy next week against McCarron and the Bengals. I hope Deangelo Williams is able to play next week but it doesn't look good. The backups I've never even heard of before.

I'm happy and content they got this far, but obviously will be pulling for them every week!! I'm just being honest with what I see, the injuries, and the defensive play. But hey, you never know! Brady seemed to be hobbling after the Patriots loss today too. Any Given Sunday!

And no matter what happens from here on out, I'm happy to see these teams all go home. And wearing my Steelers jersey tomorrow will be extra special around these parts! :thumb:

NY Giants
NY Jets
Dallas
Baltimore

A special FU to Baltimore, who's players took over twitter last week, gleeful that they likely knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs. And a week later, the Steelers are in, and of course Baltimore is going home.

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 08:11 PM
I love football. I played it from age about 8 until was 26 or 27. I don't like the NFL. There's a difference. They got more pansy-ass rules than a ballet school. I had a better chance of winning a karate tournament in Japan/Korea as a gai-jin.

I see all this computer crap about which team from which era would beat who. These teams now would get their asses flat kicked and be in the hospital by the end of the first quarter if they played some old school teams. All the NFL is about now is "you're not allowed to do this or that ..." Fuck that. I'd hit you so hard with a forearm shot to your helmet you'd try to run the other way. And the other way was SSgt McGee and he was meaner than I was.

They'd throw you out of the game for that now.

The other thing I don't like about it is the other channels put on flat garbage because they know all you NFL worshippers are watching the game, not them. They just throw in filler crap. Saving Private Ryan's on and I'm forbidden to watch war movies.

And I don't have any beer. Not allowed to do that one either. If I got caught with a beer I'd get my ass beat by a little 5'2" chick. :laugh:

Huh! I felt you drank beer....but I understand ( the 5`2" chick ) thing....Mines a little taller but close to just as feisty....They do have a lot of power !:laugh:....Go to your man room...lock the door and do as you please.....!!:cool:

Hey...Some good games today.... I am happy Jim's team won also and the jets lost...now the Steelers are in...My team....were number 1 "seed" so we get a week off (and have home field advantage for the play off games)...and time to get all our "exceptional" players back...

Gunny
01-03-2016, 08:34 PM
The Skins beat the Cowscrewers.

Chew on that!:laugh:

I was asleep. Anybody that couldn't beat the Cowboys this year is just flat lame. Secret question of the day: how many people have the Cowboys let go that were high quality? Answer: they're all over the NFL. Everywhere but Dallas. DOnald Jerry Jones Trump needs to stick to how he made his money instead of going outside his abilities.

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 09:36 PM
:dance:

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/yC3Grg-_Jd6Hwq6S0DwQIdj_XSo=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5871293/cam_is_good.0.0.gif

Gunny
01-03-2016, 10:09 PM
BS play. No talent required to make it happen.

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Still dancing in circles and I don't even have a clue how to dance. Seeya Jets, hello Cincy!

LGT, your team gets a bye...pull for the Vikings, Redskins or Packers. Seattle is REAL hot right now. Not saying the Panthers can't beat them, but might as well play the lower teams since ya earned it.

Browns coach fired already as has been the 49'ers coach. I wonder how many tomorrow? And of course the rumored retirement of Coughlin of the Giants tomorrow.

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Still dancing in circles and I don't even have a clue how to dance. Seeya Jets, hello Cincy!

LGT, your team gets a bye...pull for the Vikings, Redskins or Packers. Seattle is REAL hot right now. Not saying the Panthers can't beat them, but might as well play the lower teams since ya earned it.

Browns coach fired already as has been the 49'ers coach. I wonder how many tomorrow? And of course the rumored retirement of Coughlin of the Giants tomorrow.

We have beaten Seattle already...and we have always played them tough always.. ...they know it...they really dont like playing us....Glad you guys made it in.....

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 11:01 PM
We have beaten Seattle already...and we have always played them tough always.. ...they know it...they really dont like playing us....Glad you guys made it in.....

I think the main thing would be that it would be a home game for you guys, that's huge!

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 11:03 PM
BS play. No talent required to make it happen.
Give it a rest Gunny (your smarter than that)...Thats whats so cool about Football...all teams get the weird plays once in awhile...sometimes its good...and sometimes its bad...all depends on how it works out...and who it benefits ..`in that exact moment of time`....shit happens...`for`.. "and" to all teams...That was a cool gif!

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Give it a rest Gunny (your smarter than that)...Thats whats so cool about Football...all teams get the weird plays once in awhile...sometimes its good...and sometimes its bad...all depends on how it works out...and who it benefits ..`in that exact moment of time`....shit happens...`for`.. "and" to all teams...That was a cool gif!

And superman rocks, whether it's a bounce that goes his way, or his awesome and endless plays he made this year. He's a running machine and a passing machine all rolled up into one. And not a lanky fast kinda guy, but one strong bastard. Now, I wouldn't trade Big Ben for him, but he's a damn great QB! :)

Gunny
01-03-2016, 11:06 PM

Nah. I can't stand luck being presented as skill.

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 11:06 PM
I think the main thing would be that it would be a home game for you guys, that's huge!

Exactly....But...we have beaten them at their home this season already...it was hell ....(but it was our time)

"Any given Sunday" can happen anytime...to any team...

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 11:09 PM

That ball looks like it was barely tipped, and some great concentration by the WR to still be able to reel in the catch.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9a9df7705228abbb1ccb2fcaad3e12a8/tumblr_mymrco10Y11ra0ikxo1_250.gif

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 11:11 PM

...Thats the point Homie...and the fun part about it..it happens to all teams...like I said already above...when a team gets it...they take it....its all part of the game...shit happens...some times for you ...some times against you...

jimnyc
01-03-2016, 11:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XlycEVm.gif

LongTermGuy
01-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Her ya go Gunny...More "Lucky" Panthers stuff...:laugh:

Highlights Today's game...check out all the luck" :thumb:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/0ap3000000616235/Week-17-Cam-Newton-highlights

Gunny
01-04-2016, 06:04 AM
Her ya go Gunny...More "Lucky" Panthers stuff...:laugh:

Highlights Today's game...check out all the luck" :thumb:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/0ap3000000616235/Week-17-Cam-Newton-highlights

Heh .. you're wasting time trying to get me to care about a game. Or follow a link. My brain housing group doesn't function on luck. I only comment because all you NFL nerds want to talk about is the NFL and I get friggin bored. I think I've watched about 5 games since 2001. I have it on the tube as background noise because the past couple of weeks because there's nothing else on. COMCAST is the absolute worst cable provider I've ever dealt with.

I used to get too uptight over the crap and no one around me deserves me wound up; most especially, my family. If your team is winning, I'm happy for you. I can't get caught up in the crap.

jimnyc
01-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Heh .. you're wasting time trying to get me to care about a game. Or follow a link. My brain housing group doesn't function on luck. I only comment because all you NFL nerds want to talk about is the NFL and I get friggin bored. I think I've watched about 5 games since 2001. I have it on the tube as background noise because the past couple of weeks because there's nothing else on. COMCAST is the absolute worst cable provider I've ever dealt with.

I used to get too uptight over the crap and no one around me deserves me wound up; most especially, my family. If your team is winning, I'm happy for you. I can't get caught up in the crap.

Hey now, watching football and loving it doesn't make us football nerds! It makes us huge fans of our football teams is all. I consider myself extremely passionate about football and the Steelers, VERY passionate about it! But I wouldn't say nerdy.

And as for you, I need to take your NFL fan card away from you now. :)

http://i.imgur.com/LqocYaS.jpg

Gunny
01-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Hey now, watching football and loving it doesn't make us football nerds! It makes us huge fans of our football teams is all. I consider myself extremely passionate about football and the Steelers, VERY passionate about it! But I wouldn't say nerdy.

http://i.imgur.com/LqocYaS.jpg

That one's good. :laugh:

You'll have to dig through the trash from a decade or two ago to find MY NFL Man Card. Is there even such a thing anymore? Those guys are a bunch of wimps. If these clowns had to play against the Steel Curtain circa 74-76 they'd all be dead. Or the Doomsday defense of the late 60s early 70s. Or Dick Butkus. Chuck Bednarick. The Rams in the 60s. They'd all be sitting in Perianne's ER waiting for her to glue them back together.:laugh:

jimnyc
01-04-2016, 12:44 PM

You'll have to dig through the trash from a decade or two ago to find MY NFL Man Card. Is there even such a thing anymore? Those guys are a bunch of wimps. If these clowns had to play against the Steel Curtain circa 74-76 they'd all be dead. Or the Doomsday defense of the late 60s early 70s. Or Dick Butkus. Chuck Bednarick. The Rams in the 60s. They'd all be sitting in Perianne's ER waiting for her to glue them back together.:laugh:

There's still some mean bastards out there. You need to watch James Harrison when you watch the Steelers, he's a throw back from the 70's for sure. And Antwon Blake, while he can't cover for shit, he hits and reminds me of the old Donnie Shell.

But yeah, not much outside of that. Not the players faults though. There's some really tough bastards out there, but the NFL and some of it's stupid rules have softened the game up in some areas. Still some times that I wince though when I see the helmets crack at full speed.

Or watch JJ Watt, he's another throw back, but he's also limited on killing the QB and can only do limited damage.

Nowadays it's moved over to a passing world. And the mean hits are still there, but only legal on certain players. The best time to watch is kickoffs, basically a free for all on them!

The concussions started changing things. Not to mention some players dying. I know you won't, but watch the movie "Concussion" about the NFL and that very story. Will Smith is the lead actor/doctor who first finds the disease. And the best part is that it starts off with a lot to do with the Steelers and Heinz Field, and then Mike Webster (who of course was the first mainly). If interested, I can get it to you. :)

Gunny
01-04-2016, 01:07 PM
There's still some mean bastards out there. You need to watch James Harrison when you watch the Steelers, he's a throw back from the 70's for sure. And Antwon Blake, while he can't cover for shit, he hits and reminds me of the old Donnie Shell.

But yeah, not much outside of that. Not the players faults though. There's some really tough bastards out there, but the NFL and some of it's stupid rules have softened the game up in some areas. Still some times that I wince though when I see the helmets crack at full speed.

Or watch JJ Watt, he's another throw back, but he's also limited on killing the QB and can only do limited damage.

Nowadays it's moved over to a passing world. And the mean hits are still there, but only legal on certain players. The best time to watch is kickoffs, basically a free for all on them!

The concussions started changing things. Not to mention some players dying. I know you won't, but watch the movie "Concussion" about the NFL and that very story. Will Smith is the lead actor/doctor who first finds the disease. And the best part is that it starts off with a lot to do with the Steelers and Heinz Field, and then Mike Webster (who of course was the first mainly). If interested, I can get it to you. :)

I don't buy the concussion junk. Darwin comes into play. If you can't take the hit, don't play the game. I've been hit in the head who knows how many times playing football and kickboxing. Broken both my ankles twice, a few ribs. Had a pool stick broken over my face when I was a bouncer. I ran a PFT in the Marines on a broken ankle because I thought it was just sprained.

They've ruled-n-regged it to death because the owners want to protect their investments and the wimps want to protect everyone from violence in a sport that is nothing but violence.

What's missing is the fundamentals of the game. The defense now relies on these flying shoulder hits. Put your helmet in their damn chest and wrap them up. They can dance and juke all they want but they aren't going anywhere their feet ain't aimed. It's like they've turned into our government. You came out to play when I was a kid, sissies need not apply.

Perianne
01-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Since we are talking about NFL here, yesterday I watched the last of the Cowboys for this year. Yes, I am a true fan, watching them even when they are getting stomped by.... well, everyone. 4-12, the except opposite of last year's 12-4. Oh well, there's always next year, another year of that loser Jason Garrett coaching the team.

sundaydriver
01-05-2016, 06:05 AM

You'll have to dig through the trash from a decade or two ago to find MY NFL Man Card. Is there even such a thing anymore? :laugh:

You let your man card be pulled by a guy that is afraid of spiders & plucks his eyebrows? Tsk, Tsk!

jimnyc
01-06-2016, 12:30 PM
You let your man card be pulled by a guy that is afraid of spiders & plucks his eyebrows? Tsk, Tsk!

Ok, that was funny! As for the eyebrows, at least I did it myself, and didn't go to a salon or nothing like that. The spiders, well, I have no excuse. Just hate those little fuckers.

Elessar
01-06-2016, 04:27 PM

O.K....that is clever!:laugh: