PDA

View Full Version : Machete-wielding man vandalizes mosque, leaves bacon at door

jimnyc
01-04-2016, 01:25 PM
:popcorn:

-----

TITUSVILLE, Fla. - A man with a machete vandalized a Brevard County mosque and left pork at the front door of the building, according to police.

The Islamic Society of Central Florida’s Masjid Al-Munin at 1011 South Washington Avenue in Titusville was vandalized Friday night, police said.

Officers said several cameras, lights and windows were broken and bacon was left near the front door of the mosque. Pork is prohibited in Islam, a faith followed by 1.6 billion people worldwide.

Surveillance video shows a man entering the mosque carport around 11 p.m. Friday and pulling out a machete to damage the mosque, police said.

The incident was reported Saturday morning. No arrests have been made.

"We’ll be asking state and federal investigators to investigate this as a hate crime,” said Ibrahim Hooper, the national communications director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation’s largest Muslim advocacy group, based in Washington.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/man-vandalized-titusville-mosque-with-machete-police-say

Gunny
01-04-2016, 01:34 PM
:popcorn:

-----

TITUSVILLE, Fla. - A man with a machete vandalized a Brevard County mosque and left pork at the front door of the building, according to police.

The Islamic Society of Central Florida’s Masjid Al-Munin at 1011 South Washington Avenue in Titusville was vandalized Friday night, police said.

Officers said several cameras, lights and windows were broken and bacon was left near the front door of the mosque. Pork is prohibited in Islam, a faith followed by 1.6 billion people worldwide.

Surveillance video shows a man entering the mosque carport around 11 p.m. Friday and pulling out a machete to damage the mosque, police said.

The incident was reported Saturday morning. No arrests have been made.

"We’ll be asking state and federal investigators to investigate this as a hate crime,” said Ibrahim Hooper, the national communications director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation’s largest Muslim advocacy group, based in Washington.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/man-vandalized-titusville-mosque-with-machete-police-say

Thank God someone used something besides a gun.

And gee, does whether or not it's a hate crime need to be investigated? :laugh2:

jimnyc
01-04-2016, 01:39 PM
Vandalism is vandalism and criminals are criminals, so I have no issue with the criminal getting busted no differently than any other crime.

But I still give him a cookie for the bacon! So long as you may get a criminal record, might as well leave a beautiful parting gift. :)

Gunny
01-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Vandalism is vandalism and criminals are criminals, so I have no issue with the criminal getting busted no differently than any other crime.

But I still give him a cookie for the bacon! So long as you may get a criminal record, might as well leave a beautiful parting gift. :)

I have an issue with there being some extra penalty for a "hate crime". I agree with bust the criminal. I just think ALL crimes are hate crimes, or they aren't. Who cares what the reason is? Try the idiot(s) for the actual crime. If I go kill my next door neighbor I can't stand, but he's as white as a sheep, is it a hate crime? But if he was ANYTHING other than white, it'd be a hate crime.

Maybe I just don't like him because he's an asshole.

I think the bacon sealed the deal on this one though. :laugh: