PDA

View Full Version : I'm a racist?

Little-Acorn
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
It's great when someone speaks this plainly and clearly about all the lies and smokescreens thrown up by various lawbreakers and their supporters. Kudos.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_6308434?source=pop_section_opinion

I'm a racist?

By Billie Louden
Article Last Updated: 07/05/2007 11:26:53 PM MDT

I am a black woman who grew up in rural Oklahoma, where train tracks separated cultures, and I was one of only two blacks in my senior class. I have been a soldier in the anti-American Middle East, and I have felt the isolation of being a conservative Republican instead of the liberal Democrat I am expected to be. Currently, I sport a badge of authority.

Because of these life experiences, I thought I had been called every name in the book except the one my parents gave me. But when a co-worker called me a racist, I was absolutely unprepared.

The accusation was made largely because of a sticker on the back of my truck. The simple statement "Stop illegal immigration" has earned me angry looks and obscene gestures in traffic. I have watched as cars rush to pull up beside the "redneck." Their scowls often turn to bewilderment when they spot me behind the wheel.

My Hispanic co-worker played the ace-in-the-hole race card by insisting only Latinos are being targeted for immigration reform. When I pointed out my sticker mentioned no race in particular, he stated, "It doesn't matter because everyone knows who you are referring to."

At that moment, I realized just how much irrational emotional feelings and personal agendas have alarmingly snuffed out common sense in this country. From top lawmakers in Washington to so-called sanctuary cities, everyone has succumbed to massive pressure from illegal factions.

Let us define common sense. It is the natural instinct that compels us to the logical thing when faced with
an issue shrouded in smoke screens.

Let us ignore tear-jerker tales of individual tragedies that are designed to pull our heartstrings, and realize they are smoke and mirrors hiding the truth, while instilling guilt about feelings of unease with the sieve our borders have become.

Illegal immigrants in this country, like any other criminal, have an excuse for why they committed a crime. But if the tale is sad enough, should we forgive them for their original criminal act because they decide to behave? Should we allow them to take jobs away from law-abiding Americans and call them noble for doing so? How about we offer to pay their medical bills and send their children to college? If, in the course of providing these things, we find ourselves going broke, and we say to them, "Enough is enough, we cannot ignore your crimes any longer because it only encourages more criminals," should we be surprised when these violators take to the streets demanding they be allowed to continue the way of life they have become accustomed to?

When illegals squawk about how we can't survive without their presence, do we dare remind them there are plenty legal folks - and others who are waiting in line to be legal - who are eager to help us out?

When anyone points out these observations, they are lambasted, shouted down, and slapped with the feared moniker "racist," a word that has ruined lives, ended careers and been the gas-filled card thrown on blazing fires of conflicts between majority and minority.

Racism today can never measure up to the raw beginnings and bloody history of the word as it pertains to our country. It began with slavery, evolved into lynchings, oppression and separate but never equal laws. It culminated with marches and dissent demanding the equality all citizens were promised in the Constitution. But the key word here is "citizen."

The righteous marches led by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. during the bloody turmoil of the civil rights era, should never be compared to the audacious, foreign-flag- waving parades of illegals and their sympathizers being carried out in American streets.

Politicians pandering for future votes, and much of the media, overwhelmingly sympathize with the flaunting of our laws, and assure the "undocumented" protesters their demands are reasonable.

I am a fighter and I refuse to be bullied. I have earned, the hard way, the right to display my opinion. If my "Stop illegal immigration" sticker offends you, maybe you should focus on the one next to it that states, "My son is a United States Marine." Then hopefully you will understand that sacrifice and fighting for country runs deep in my family.

dan
07-13-2007, 10:44 AM
I realized just how much irrational emotional feelings and personal agendas have alarmingly snuffed out common sense in this country.

I agree with this sentiment whole-heartedly.

glockmail
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I've been called a racist simply because I wore a Bush '04 hat. If Republican, then racist. Isn't that the liberal dogma?

theHawk
07-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes, if you're not a flamming liberal you're a racist!

Hagbard Celine
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I've been called a racist simply because I wore a Bush '04 hat. If Republican, then racist. Isn't that the liberal dogma?

Yes, if you're not a flamming liberal you're a racist!

I agree with what this woman has written. My problem is that I've always questioned authority and this includes "laws." I'm an objective thinker and I have a hard time rationalizing an arbitrary law that makes it criminal to be in a country without proper paperwork, especially when the only flimsy thing making it "legal" for natives to be there is that they were born there. If "illegal immigrants" are here working and being industrious, I have a hard time calling them criminals just because they were born in another country.

glockmail
07-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I agree with what this woman has written. My problem is that I've always questioned authority and this includes "laws." I'm an objective thinker and I have a hard time rationalizing an arbitrary law that makes it criminal to be in a country without proper paperwork, especially when the only flimsy thing making it "legal" for natives to be there is that they were born there. If "illegal immigrants" are here working and being industrious, I have a hard time calling them criminals just because they were born in another country.

So bringing your thinking into a logical conclusion, the population of the US could be increased by say, 500,000,000 foreigners in a month, resulting in a complete break down of our culture and way of life.

Hagbard Celine
07-13-2007, 03:14 PM
So bringing your thinking into a logical conclusion, the population of the US could be increased by say, 500,000,000 foreigners in a month, resulting in a complete break down of our culture and way of life.

During the infamous Irish potato famine of the 1800s, over 650,000 Irish arrived in New York harbor alone. I think the US could take it. I also think 500,000,000 is a gross mis-estimation.

glockmail
07-13-2007, 03:18 PM
During the infamous Irish potato famine of the 1800s, over 650,000 Irish arrived in New York harbor alone. I think the US could take it. I also think 500,000,000 is a gross mis-estimation. As I recall the Irish came here legally, and did so over several years. But the question to you is, how much immigration is acceptable? Theorhetically 1/2 billion could move over here very quickly, based on your thinking.

Hagbard Celine
07-13-2007, 03:34 PM
As I recall the Irish came here legally, and did so over several years. But the question to you is, how much immigration is acceptable? Theorhetically 1/2 billion could move over here very quickly, based on your thinking.

Theoretically they could, but that would be the largest human migration in the history of the Earth and doesn't seem very plausible.

glockmail
07-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Theoretically they could, but that would be the largest human migration in the history of the Earth and doesn't seem very plausible. But it is possible. And therefore without immigration laws, a country the size of China could simply have 1/4 of their population walk in, field some commies in the next election, vote in a block, then abolish the Constitution.

theHawk
07-13-2007, 03:45 PM
But it is possible. And therefore without immigration laws, a country the size of China could simply have 1/4 of their population walk in, field some commies in the next election, vote in a block, then abolish the Constitution.

Thats exactly what is happening with Mexicans coming in blocks and voting Communist(Dimocrat).

Yurt
07-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Thats exactly what is happening with Mexicans coming in blocks and voting Communist(Dimocrat).

Exactly. That is why the dims in CA wanted the illegals to have licenses, to make it easier for them to vote.

glockmail
07-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Exactly. That is why the dims in CA wanted the illegals to have licenses, to make it easier for them to vote. Not just there. Happening here in NC as well. And we're a so called Red State. I bet its happening all over. Democrats are historically fraud voter enablers.

stephanie
07-13-2007, 03:57 PM
I'll never understand the thinking of someone, who doesn't see anything wrong with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, just because their PEOPLE TOO...

So.......I guess it doesn't matter...

Our country can be taken over by illegal people coming here, and they don't even have to fire a shot.....

Simply AMAZING....

Yurt
07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I'll never understand the thinking of someone, who doesn't see anything wrong with ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, just because their PEOPLE TOO...

So.......I guess it doesn't matter...

Our country can be taken over by illegal people coming here, and they don't even have to fire a shot.....

Simply AMAZING....

All crime should be made legal....

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 04:32 PM
It's great when someone speaks this plainly and clearly about all the lies and smokescreens thrown up by various lawbreakers and their supporters. Kudos.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_6308434?source=pop_section_opinion

I'm a racist?

By Billie Louden
Article Last Updated: 07/05/2007 11:26:53 PM MDT

I am a black woman who grew up in rural Oklahoma, where train tracks separated cultures, and I was one of only two blacks in my senior class. I have been a soldier in the anti-American Middle East, and I have felt the isolation of being a conservative Republican instead of the liberal Democrat I am expected to be. Currently, I sport a badge of authority.

Because of these life experiences, I thought I had been called every name in the book except the one my parents gave me. But when a co-worker called me a racist, I was absolutely unprepared.

The accusation was made largely because of a sticker on the back of my truck. The simple statement "Stop illegal immigration" has earned me angry looks and obscene gestures in traffic. I have watched as cars rush to pull up beside the "redneck." Their scowls often turn to bewilderment when they spot me behind the wheel.

My Hispanic co-worker played the ace-in-the-hole race card by insisting only Latinos are being targeted for immigration reform. When I pointed out my sticker mentioned no race in particular, he stated, "It doesn't matter because everyone knows who you are referring to."

At that moment, I realized just how much irrational emotional feelings and personal agendas have alarmingly snuffed out common sense in this country. From top lawmakers in Washington to so-called sanctuary cities, everyone has succumbed to massive pressure from illegal factions.

Let us define common sense. It is the natural instinct that compels us to the logical thing when faced with
an issue shrouded in smoke screens.

Let us ignore tear-jerker tales of individual tragedies that are designed to pull our heartstrings, and realize they are smoke and mirrors hiding the truth, while instilling guilt about feelings of unease with the sieve our borders have become.

Illegal immigrants in this country, like any other criminal, have an excuse for why they committed a crime. But if the tale is sad enough, should we forgive them for their original criminal act because they decide to behave? Should we allow them to take jobs away from law-abiding Americans and call them noble for doing so? How about we offer to pay their medical bills and send their children to college? If, in the course of providing these things, we find ourselves going broke, and we say to them, "Enough is enough, we cannot ignore your crimes any longer because it only encourages more criminals," should we be surprised when these violators take to the streets demanding they be allowed to continue the way of life they have become accustomed to?

When illegals squawk about how we can't survive without their presence, do we dare remind them there are plenty legal folks - and others who are waiting in line to be legal - who are eager to help us out?

When anyone points out these observations, they are lambasted, shouted down, and slapped with the feared moniker "racist," a word that has ruined lives, ended careers and been the gas-filled card thrown on blazing fires of conflicts between majority and minority.

Racism today can never measure up to the raw beginnings and bloody history of the word as it pertains to our country. It began with slavery, evolved into lynchings, oppression and separate but never equal laws. It culminated with marches and dissent demanding the equality all citizens were promised in the Constitution. But the key word here is "citizen."

The righteous marches led by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. during the bloody turmoil of the civil rights era, should never be compared to the audacious, foreign-flag- waving parades of illegals and their sympathizers being carried out in American streets.

Politicians pandering for future votes, and much of the media, overwhelmingly sympathize with the flaunting of our laws, and assure the "undocumented" protesters their demands are reasonable.

I am a fighter and I refuse to be bullied. I have earned, the hard way, the right to display my opinion. If my "Stop illegal immigration" sticker offends you, maybe you should focus on the one next to it that states, "My son is a United States Marine." Then hopefully you will understand that sacrifice and fighting for country runs deep in my family.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

glockmail
07-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Thats exactly what is happening with Mexicans coming in blocks and voting Communist(Dimocrat). That doesn't even take into account that they breed like rabbits. In one generation they'll be 4 times as many!

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 05:26 PM
That doesn't even take into account that they breed like rabbits. In one generation they'll be 4 times as many!

Actually, I think they breed more then rabbits do. :laugh2:

waterrescuedude2000
07-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Have you thought about what they do when they breed more than rabbits?? They go to our hospitals. Rack up the bill and then never pay the bill because thats what us American tax payers are here for. So work harder all those illegals are depending on you!! Hence our high bills when we go to the hospital.

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 05:43 AM
Yes, I think you are probably a racist. Care to expound your thoughts or are you simply happy for others to verify their own racism and ultimately claim it for your very own?

Hugh Lincoln
07-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes, I think you are probably a racist. Care to expound your thoughts or are you simply happy for others to verify their own racism and ultimately claim it for your very own?

Racist: Someone Who Says What Everybody Else Knows To Be True

Racist: Someone Who's Winning an Argument with a Liberal

Racist: A White Person Who, After Observing a Black Male Teenager with a Doo-Rag Shoot and Kill a Convenience Store Clerk, Does Not Walk Up to the Teenager and Apologize Personally For Having Caused That to Happen

Racist: The Little Kid Who Points Out That the Emperor Wears No Clothes

Racist: Anyone Who Thinks White People Are Human Beings With Rights

Huh. Being a racist isn't so bad, now is it?

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 01:54 AM
Yes, I would consider you a racist and,,,,,,,,

Racist: Someone Who Says What Everybody Else Knows To Be True

Racist: Someone Who's Winning an Argument with a Liberal

Racist: A White Person Who, After Observing a Black Male Teenager with a Doo-Rag Shoot and Kill a Convenience Store Clerk, Does Not Walk Up to the Teenager and Apologize Personally For Having Caused That to Happen

Racist: The Little Kid Who Points Out That the Emperor Wears No Clothes

Racist: Anyone Who Thinks White People Are Human Beings With Rights

Huh. Being a racist isn't so bad, now is it?

a very stupid one to boot. But let's not sweat the small shit. Do you have any idea how stupid you sound in that post?

glockmail
07-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Yes, I would consider you a racist and,,,,,,,,

a very stupid one to boot. But let's not sweat the small shit. Do you have any idea how stupid you sound in that post?

I thought it was very intelligent; a good assessment of reality.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 07:08 AM
I guess your smoke belies your intelligence.

I thought it was very intelligent; a good assessment of reality.

Go back and read it. You're a racist and an idiot and it shines through like sunlight on an average Mississippi morning.

07-23-2007, 07:21 AM
I guess your smoke belies your intelligence.

Go back and read it. You're a racist and an idiot and it shines through like sunlight on an average Mississippi morning.

Explain to us, in your great wisdom, why anyone is racist for opposing illegal immigration.

I think the reason liberals yell racism is so much is because they are projecting their attitudes onto others.

glockmail
07-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Explain to us, in your great wisdom, why anyone is racist for opposing illegal immigration.

I think the reason liberals yell racism is so much is because they are projecting their attitudes onto others. Prolly the same reason why they always use "gay" as an insult.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Who opposes illegal immigration?

I think the reason liberals yell racism is so much is because they are projecting their attitudes onto others.

Did I ever say that? Talk about projection, have you ever heard the blues jamm, "B'fore you 'cuse Me, Take a Look at Yourself"? If not, get it.

07-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Who opposes illegal immigration?

Did I ever say that? Talk about projection, have you ever heard the blues jamm, "B'fore you 'cuse Me, Take a Look at Yourself"? If not, get it.

Yes. Yes you just did. This is what this entire thread is about! The author of the article was asking if she was a racist because she opposes illegal immigration and you said yes!