PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Bengals

jimnyc
01-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Last year the Steelers lost Le'veon Bell in the last game of the season and entered the playoffs without their leading RB, and got knocked out in the first round. Deangelo Williams was hurt last week but was unsure about getting in this weeks game. They just announced for sure that he is out. They are going with "no name" guys. I don't expect miracles, but hopefully even like 30 yards, but more importantly some damn good blocking when Ben drops back to pass!!

Wasn't fully unexpected so at least they practiced for this all week. And these guys have been with the Steelers all year long, so they know the plays, only they have been getting their snaps from the backup QB and not Ben.

At least the playoffs are here!! Win or lose, the games are fun to watch as everyone ups their game and wants to go out fighting. Hopefully Cincinnati will be one of those going down fighting! :)

LongTermGuy
01-08-2016, 10:52 AM
....Should be fun for "all" teams involved....cant wait....:cool:

Got a feeling we will be Playing these guys...'AGAIN"

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uSq5di1LA9Y/maxresdefault.jpg

jimnyc
01-09-2016, 11:16 AM
This is it, do or die, game day!! 9 more hours until kickoff. :)

LongTermGuy
01-09-2016, 04:30 PM
This is it, do or die, game day!! 9 more hours until kickoff. :)

I know Jimmy...will be watching your game tonight.......Good Luck!! ....Im pullin for the Steelers tonight...:cool:

..Going to watch the first game starting now...KC vs Texans....Just laying back today and getting all the Football "In" I can...

LongTermGuy
01-09-2016, 08:15 PM
​Here we go...."This time the stakes couldn't be higher"

Elessar
01-10-2016, 12:13 AM
What a squeeker at the end. Those two 15 yard penalties pretty much sunk Cincy.

LongTermGuy
01-10-2016, 01:14 AM
What a squeeker at the end. Those two 15 yard penalties pretty much sunk Cincy.

Roger That!....Cincy worked hard and "earned" their Loss.... :laugh:

https://www.yahoo.com/sy/nn/fp/rsz/011016/images/smush/beng1_635x250_1452402825.jpg

Black Diamond
01-10-2016, 01:57 AM
Headhunting penalty my ass. Bunch of pussy bullshit.

National Faggot League.

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Headhunting penalty my ass. Bunch of pussy bullshit.

National Faggot League.

Looks like he tried to do just that to me, and may have succeeded in knocking him out of further games. You can't lead like that into a players head as they're trying to catch a ball! And not only the penalty, he will get a large fine for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl-Y5bmBQzU

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 08:55 AM
You can see in that video when he hits Brown, NO intention on tackling....

Anyway, shitty game all the way around. Glad we won, but without certain guys the season will be over anyway. Will Ben come back healthy? Brown? Williams?

Steelers live another week though!!

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 08:57 AM
And yeah, Cincy blew it, but lost it deservedly so. HUGE mental mistakes at the worst time. Burfict has been a ticking time bomb since their first game, and has earned like 75k in fines so far and like 200 yards in penalties. He is low class, IMO. They win this game if not for his antics.

I don't care right now, regroup and get the guys healthy for next week and Denver!

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Ok, now I had my first coffee. :)

The rain made this game suck. The Steelers D finally played a decent game and that's what held the Steelers in there. Their O did enough to get in some field goals and place the team in a position to win. Stupidity on both sides lead to way too many flags.

Helluva battle though and it's clear these 2 teams hate one another. Gotta control those emotions though. Don't take stupid penalties. They both did, but the Bengals made fatal mistakes at the worst time. Whether you think Burfict's intent was to hit in the head or not, really doesn't matter in the end, as it was still 15 either way as you can't hit a defenseless receiver. All the head talk will do is whether or not he gets fined, but he was getting 15 for the hit whether purposely or not.

Ben and Brown have been one of the best duos in history. Ben finished this year averaging 328.2 passing yards per game - best in NFL history! Antonio made 136 catches, 7 shy of the record. Just a few hundred shy of the all time yards record as well.

But both may be out next week. Ben's shoulder right now is iffy, day by day. Brown is in the concussion protocol, which means its technically out of his hands. They don't go next week, might as well forfeit. :(

LongTermGuy
01-10-2016, 10:19 AM

The rain made this game suck. The Steelers D finally played a decent game and that's what held the Steelers in there. Their O did enough to get in some field goals and place the team in a position to win. Stupidity on both sides lead to way too many flags.

Helluva battle though and it's clear these 2 teams hate one another. Gotta control those emotions though. Don't take stupid penalties. They both did, but the Bengals made fatal mistakes at the worst time. Whether you think Burfict's intent was to hit in the head or not, really doesn't matter in the end, as it was still 15 either way as you can't hit a defenseless receiver. All the head talk will do is whether or not he gets fined, but he was getting 15 for the hit whether purposely or not.

Ben and Brown have been one of the best duos in history. Ben finished this year averaging 328.2 passing yards per game - best in NFL history! Antonio made 136 catches, 7 shy of the record. Just a few hundred shy of the all time yards record as well.

But both may be out next week. Ben's shoulder right now is iffy, day by day. Brown is in the concussion protocol, which means its technically out of his hands. They don't go next week, might as well forfeit. :(

Hell of a Game!....a twilight-Zone epic!...What ever happens with Ben`s shoulder and Brown....never give up....There are other guys on the team that could and can step-up...Emotion and will are powerful tools....

Black Diamond
01-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Looks like he tried to do just that to me, and may have succeeded in knocking him out of further games. You can't lead like that into a players head as they're trying to catch a ball! And not only the penalty, he will get a large fine for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl-Y5bmBQzU
I was rooting for Pittsburgh. The game just isn't what it used to be. I agree that pacman was stupid as was joey briwner. If pacman doesn't do what he did, it's a 50 yard FG

Black Diamond
01-10-2016, 11:32 AM

You don't think he was trying to hit him the same time the ball got there?

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 11:52 AM
I was rooting for Pittsburgh. The game just isn't what it used to be. I agree that pacman was stupid as was joey briwner. If pacman doesn't do what he did, it's a 50 yard FG

You don't think he was trying to hit him the same time the ball got there?

I do in fact think he was trying to hit him at the same time, but the rules about a defense-less receiver has been around for quite some time now. I personally think this guys is a piece of crap, as he is involved in problems non-stop, and I do think he went for the head. But with that aside, the 15 yarder would have been handed out anyway.

And yeah, I don't get the whole thing with Joey Porter (who my puppy Porter is named after!). That's where I pointed out that emotions need to be kept in check. They killed themselves with mental mistakes.

So unless we get them 2 back next week, we'll be done - but at least Burfict is done prior to us. I hate dirtbags that play like that. This guy started like 20 fights between the last game and this one. I'm not saying the Steelers are 100% innocent, but this dirtbag lead the way in cheap shots and fights and going after players after the whistle blew.

Black Diamond
01-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Oh I didn't realize that was a steeler out there. I thought it was joey Browner, former Viking and that he was a Bengal assistant. Is Porter still playing?//

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Oh I didn't realize that was a steeler out there. I thought it was joey Browner, former Viking and that he was a Bengal assistant. Is Porter still playing?//

He retired a long time back. He's now the outside LB coach for the Steelers. He went out apparently to calm the guys down and get them back to the sidelines. Apparently words were said, and Jones did/said something right in front of the ref.

I remember Browner too, was another great player! My brother is a life long Vikings fan. If they lose today I will have fun with him! :poke: :laugh2:

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 12:57 PM

Also, appears Porter was on the field because Antonio Brown was hurt, like many coaches do, but....

-----

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones drew a personal foul late in Saturday night’s loss to the Steelers in the aftermath of Vontaze Burfict’s penalty for his hit to the helmet of Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Jones was penalized after exchanging words with Steelers linebackers coach Joey Porter and Jones wondered after the game why Porter was allowed to be on the field at that point. Assistants are not allowed on the field, but Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that officials allowed it out of “real concern” for Brown and that part of the reason Jones was flagged was for making contact with the field judge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/report-joey-porter-expected-to-be-fined/

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 12:59 PM
And this should be what they should do:

-----

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict will surely receive league discipline for his hit to the head that gave Steelers receiver Antonio Brown a concussion. But Burfict’s discipline may not simply be the routine fine that players regularly get for helmet-to-helmet hits.

NFL discipline is designed to come down harder on repeat offenders, and Burfict’s status as a repeat offender could lead to a suspension.

Burfict was fined for three different penalties he committed the last time he played the Steelers, one low hit on Ben Roethlisberger and two unnecessary roughness calls.

In 2014, Burfict was fined $25,000 for twisting the ankles of Panthers players. In that incident, many thought Burfict got off easy, and Panthers players openly called for Burfict to be suspended.

In 2013, Burfict was fined $31,000 after one game and $21,000 after another for multiple violations, including two separate hits to the head and neck area of opposing players.

Add it all up, and it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that repeated fines aren’t getting through to Burfict. When that happens, the NFL’s next step is usually to impose a suspension. There’s a good chance Burfict won’t be on the field when the regular season begins in eight months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/as-a-repeat-offender-vontaze-burfict-may-face-a-suspension/

Black Diamond
01-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Also, appears Porter was on the field because Antonio Brown was hurt, like many coaches do, but....

-----

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones drew a personal foul late in Saturday night’s loss to the Steelers in the aftermath of Vontaze Burfict’s penalty for his hit to the helmet of Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Jones was penalized after exchanging words with Steelers linebackers coach Joey Porter and Jones wondered after the game why Porter was allowed to be on the field at that point. Assistants are not allowed on the field, but Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that officials allowed it out of “real concern” for Brown and that part of the reason Jones was flagged was for making contact with the field judge.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/report-joey-porter-expected-to-be-fined/

Yeah you can't bump officials. That's never been allowed and pacman should have been ejected.