PDA

View Full Version : Who's playing Powerball?

jimnyc
01-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Crap, it's up to $900 million now!! You would get like $550 million if you took the cash option, which I'll be doing when I win. :)

I may purchase the Steelers if I win. :towel:

Kathianne
01-09-2016, 01:33 PM
I bought one! LOL! I just don't know if I could handle it if I won, though I bet there are some who'd help me? ;)

jimnyc
01-09-2016, 01:42 PM
I bought one! LOL! I just don't know if I could handle it if I won, though I bet there are some who'd help me? ;)

I'm extremely confident that I could help you with the proceeds should you win. I have a ton of experience in handling money and making it disappear, and it's all legal!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-09-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm extremely confident that I could help you with the proceeds should you win. I have a ton of experience in handling money and making it disappear, and it's all legal!!

I played by buying 20 quick picks = 40 bucks..
Hell, going to the movies around here costs me about 80 bucks and no chance of financial gain doing that. -Tyr

LongTermGuy
01-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Im Playing...spent $50 bucks...(25 tickets)...25 chances to get excited for 30 seconds...:coffee:

aboutime
01-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Crap, it's up to $900 million now!! You would get like $550 million if you took the cash option, which I'll be doing when I win. :)

jim. If I bought a ticket, and won. I would FIRST dedicate, then purchase at least 100 Million to the airfare, moving, and travel expenses for OBAMA-CLINTON'S, PELOSI, REID for their LIFETIME stay in GITMO.

Kathianne
01-10-2016, 06:36 AM

No winner! For the first time ever I'll be buying a second lottery ticket within a week of the first! Going to spend that $2 and enjoy through Wednesday.

While there's other things that would take precedence, on the list would be a DP get together. Travel and party on me! Thinking Alaska or Germany?

jimnyc
01-10-2016, 09:49 AM
No winner! For the first time ever I'll be buying a second lottery ticket within a week of the first! Going to spend that $2 and enjoy through Wednesday.

While there's other things that would take precedence, on the list would be a DP get together. Travel and party on me! Thinking Alaska or Germany?

I'll be buying too, they say the jackpot now will be around $1.3 BILLION!! :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-10-2016, 10:18 AM
I think it will go even higher than that.
I also know many people, winning would most likely destroy them IMHO.
ONE WOULD HAVE TO BE GROUNDED IN SOLID CORE PRINCIPLES AND LIFETIME EXPERIENCES TO
DEFEAT TO COMING PROBLEMS AND RELATIONSHIP CHANGES SUCH A MASSIVE WINDFALL WOULD BRING.
Should I win, I'd give 90% of the winnings after taxes divided equally among my 9 siblings(5 brothers, 4 sisters)= 10% each.
Except the twins, Donald and Ronald--theirs I would put in a trust fund as it would destroy them both in less than a year.
They have no true foundation, no discipline and very lousy core principles. -Tyr

Bilgerat
01-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Play every time, no expectations but it sure would be nice!

If I win, well; http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8249&stc=1

Kathianne
01-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Ok, just bought one for Wednesday. Lots of time to enjoy!

Black Diamond
01-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Ok, just bought one for Wednesday. Lots of time to enjoy!

You will still have a lot less money than trump when you win :cool:

Jeff
01-11-2016, 07:11 AM
Y'all don't worry about buying one, I have the winner. :laugh:

When I win I will donate 50 bucks to the board and then I will be gone for a while. :laugh:

It would be a cross country trip on the scooter, Alaska here I come. :thumb:

Kathianne
01-11-2016, 08:33 AM
$1.3 billion and certainly growing! My reflective take-away is a good one, My kids don't need anything! While winning that would allow me to help with some 'upgrading' to say the least, they are already in nice homes-of their own choosings; have better incomes than average for the country; all have cars less than 5 years old-mine's 11! LOL! That's a very good place for me, I did something right long ago. Whether I win or not, my most important job is done and I'm happy with that.

Funny convo with older son last night:

"Mom, if you win you'll come back to Chicago, right?" "Spring and fall, holidays if I get the guest room. Hey, IF you win, you'll send me a card or something?" "Bring presents and you'll have the room. Hell, with a billion I'll send you at least a Lobstergram to let you know." Ah, where that sense of humor comes from?

LongTermGuy
01-11-2016, 10:51 AM

When I win I will donate 50 bucks to the board and then I will be gone for a while. :laugh:

$50 ....Bucks? Damn! El Cheapo!:coffee:.....!!!

There is about 15 strong regulars "American" and Liberal mix....Here...I feel we should "all" get $35,000 each....then you set up a 3 day cruise where we can all meet in Person.....enjoying good food...good fun..and .."conversation" ....:cool: ..In Person...You will have over $680 million take home....! Dont be a tight wade!:laugh:

jimnyc
01-11-2016, 12:56 PM

You no good cheap bastard! I had it in my head, I figured like 20-30 million a piece for direct relatives, to buy homes and live comfortably. I'll raise that for the others and now you get a Starbucks gift card! :laugh:

Jeff
01-12-2016, 06:51 AM
$50 ....Bucks? Damn! El Cheapo!:coffee:.....!!!

There is about 15 strong regulars "American" and Liberal mix....Here...I feel we should "all" get $35,000 each....then you set up a 3 day cruise where we can all meet in Person.....enjoying good food...good fun..and .."conversation" ....:cool: ..In Person...You will have over $680 million take home....! Dont be a tight wade!:laugh:

Bro I hit for that lets face it I would be dead in like 3 weeks of a overdose of fun :laugh:

You no good cheap bastard! I had it in my head, I figured like 20-30 million a piece for direct relatives, to buy homes and live comfortably. I'll raise that for the others and now you get a Starbucks gift card! :laugh:

I figured you of all people would understand how cheap I am :laugh:

Actually I would probably buy a house in Edison to par take in the fun up there. :laugh:

Gunny
01-12-2016, 12:41 PM

Every idiot in front of me at the stop n rob EVERY day. Would somebody win this shit already, please? Y'all lotto f*ckers get on my damned nerves.

Kathianne
01-12-2016, 01:51 PM
It's now at 1.5b and rising. ;) Ah dreaming!

Gunny
01-12-2016, 01:57 PM
It's now at 1.5b and rising. ;) Ah dreaming!

Some homeless person will win it. Never fails.

jimnyc
01-12-2016, 04:09 PM
I think I can use an extra billion and a half. The things I could do! I have it all planned out. Nice house, cozy, not megamillions. Great security and all kinds of other good electronic features. I'll look into that stuff when I get back from my vacation. I'm not dumb enough to buy a private jet, but I'm sure as hell flying in one when I win!! Just a few times at least. I don't even know what the destination is. Somewhere where I can relax on the beach with some Corona's. Maybe when I get back I get a sweet new Mustang and a new truck to go along with it. Finally get that snowblower I always wanted. Lots of good food, never cooking again! Loads of fishing and a new bass fishing boat. That's it, not a ton, but enough.

Gonna suck if this doesn't pan out.

Kathianne
01-12-2016, 04:57 PM
I think I can use an extra billion and a half. The things I could do! I have it all planned out. Nice house, cozy, not megamillions. Great security and all kinds of other good electronic features. I'll look into that stuff when I get back from my vacation. I'm not dumb enough to buy a private jet, but I'm sure as hell flying in one when I win!! Just a few times at least. I don't even know what the destination is. Somewhere where I can relax on the beach with some Corona's. Maybe when I get back I get a sweet new Mustang and a new truck to go along with it. Finally get that snowblower I always wanted. Lots of good food, never cooking again! Loads of fishing and a new bass fishing boat. That's it, not a ton, but enough.

Gonna suck if this doesn't pan out.
If I win, you get your snowblower! LOL!

aboutime
01-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Wanna know who the real winner of Powerball will be???

The Democrats in Washington, and Obama's IRS.

More money for them to spend without asking Congress, or WE THE PEOPLE.

glockmail
01-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Last time I played the lottery was in the late 70's, and I split a ticket with a coworker.

Saturday night my wife, daughter and I were driving up to our cabin and we started talking about this. My wife looked it up on the internet and read up on it- 44 states! I never paid attention before. It's to the point where it's at least not a sucker bet. So we each made a list of numbers, then made up a set for my son, then a 5th set of the worst combination we could think of. I stopped at a C-store with a $10 bill to buy 5.

There were four people in front of me buying tickets too. The guy holding us all up was picking his own numbers, Dumbass apparently never filled in circles with a pencil before because he held up both cash registers getting the clerks to help him. Fucker took 5 minutes of our lives away. :lame2:

Then the lines spit and then next guy drops a $20, says "10, auto". Clerk takes the money, hits a button, hands him back two tickets; took all of 10 seconds.

Not wanting to be "that guy", dumbass circle-filler, I drop a $10 and said "five, auto". Ten seconds later I'm out the door.

The wife dropped another $20 yesterday. "In it to win it". :laugh:

sundaydriver
01-13-2016, 02:48 AM
I have only ever bought 2 lottery tickets ever. Both Powerball tickets for hundreds of millions and didn't win either time. Came to the conclusion it's fixed and buying 1 now with a 1 in 3oo million chance or, I'll save my 2 bucks. I figure to have better odds of stealing, inheriting, or marrying for 1.5 billion than winning it.

Kathianne
01-13-2016, 11:38 PM
Sorry Jim, no snowblower from me. ;)

Gunny
01-13-2016, 11:49 PM
I wish one of you knuckleheads would win thing already. You're pissing me off at the store when all I want's my smokes and gatorade.

indago
01-14-2016, 12:19 AM
CALIFORNIA WINNER (http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/historic-15-billion-powerball-drawing-numbers)

Black Diamond
01-14-2016, 01:25 AM
I wish one of you knuckleheads would win thing already. You're pissing me off at the store when all I want's my smokes and gatorade.

Any poster here in California?

Kathianne
01-14-2016, 06:00 AM
3 winners. At least I won't have to spend another $2 for awhile. Good thing too, got to see 13 Hours Saturday, my entertainment allowance can't afford too many lottery tickets. ;0

indago
01-14-2016, 07:48 AM
3 winners. At least I won't have to spend another $2 for awhile. Good thing too, got to see 13 Hours Saturday, my entertainment allowance can't afford too many lottery tickets. ;0

Megyn Kelly is devoting some time to the 13 Hours families...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQy5WiUNWFY

More next week

Jeff
01-14-2016, 08:02 AM
If I win, you get your snowblower! LOL!

See Kat ya jinxed yourself, even God knows he needs the exercise. :laugh:

jimnyc
01-14-2016, 08:18 AM
I hate everybody today. I feel like I was robbed. I had that $$ spent and banked. Now I can't get any toys :(

Drummond
01-14-2016, 08:53 AM
This has even been reported about on BBC News (usually, American lotteries don't get reported on, but of course, because of the size of the jackpot ...).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35309034

I found this interesting, though ... seems that this lottery has just, also, been opened up to Australians ?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-powerball-jackpot-worth-21-billion-now-open-to-australians-20160112-gm4kl8.html

After an expensive Christmas season it would be nice to come across a little extra cash in January, right?

Try $US1.5 billion ($2.1 billion), the total kitty from the upcoming US Powerball jackpot and the world's largest ever prize, which takes place on Thursday at 3pm AEDT.

For the first time ever, Australians can take a punt on the giant jackpot at a cost of $US14.

Lottoland was awarded a five-year licence by the the Northern Territory Racing Commission to give online gambling the green light in international lotteries.

We in the UK can do the same, as Powerball is included in the international selection offered, here ....

http://www.ukinternationallottery.net/

... so the odds of winning must be absolutely astronomical !

aboutime
01-14-2016, 07:27 PM
I hate everybody today. I feel like I was robbed. I had that $$ spent and banked. Now I can't get any toys :(

No need to hate me today jim. I didn't buy a ticket. No harm, no foul.:salute:

LongTermGuy
01-14-2016, 08:49 PM
I won!

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/5oM.gs68WyUILJpILe2TnQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/homerun/mashable_watercooler_910/7d151131e50008f623cd0d253d8584da

Look closely......:laugh: