PDA

View Full Version : This should be interesting...I am curious to see how it pans out.

Trinity
07-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Press release - please help spread
Hi everyone,
We're campaigning in NYC this weekend to make a play for national media coverage. If you'd like to help us out, please repost this press release where ever possible - chatrooms, blogs, as irrelevent comment following unrelated online news stories. Post under the name of "S.I.P. Troll" if you'd like.
Thanks for the support, and look forward to much new video footage soon.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

“The Naked Candidate” Hits NYC, Appeals for International Support

Accompanied by a video crew, The Naked Cowboy and a guitar strumming press secretary, Social Ironist Party candidate Sean “The Naked Candidate” Holbrook is taking his political campaign to the streets New York City from July 14-16. His attire: tighty-whities, dress shoes and a tie - because politicians simply must wear ties if they wish to be seen as legitimate candidates by the voting public.

Sean’s outfit is meant to symbolize our need for openness and transparency in government, while paying tribute to American Icon and fellow S.I.P member The Naked Cowboy. Near-nakedness is also a necessity for a non-bankrolled campaign to get any kind of attention in our current political landscape, which is almost entirely based around the fundraising process. As the ultimate embodiment of modern America, the S.I.P has recently embraced the joys of fundraising. The campaign website, www.voteseanholbrook.com, has 20+ fundraising buttons, encouraging visitors to “donate,” “contribute,” “support,” “donate contributions,” “contribute financially,” “support the campaign with financial donations,” and “make a donation, financially speaking,” among other things. “It’s not about how we word it,” said party founder Dave Rothfuss, “the important thing is that you loosen the old purse strings and fork over your hard earned campaign contributions.”

While the Social Ironist Party is using humor and some off-the-wall campaign tactics, it’s also situating itself as driving force for reform. The upstart organization is partnering with socially-conscious entrepreneurs and experts in sustainable green development to bring new solutions to the table. The S.I.P’s goofiness goes back to individual freedom and self-expression. “Innovation comes from embracing all that is different – new ideas and creative solutions come about by looking at things from multiple perspectives,” said Rothfuss, “Too often we see governments filled with people who look and think the same, resulting in disastrous cases of group-think. The S.I.P is about embracing our inner weirdness and letting it shine for all to see”

So, you ask, what exactly is The Naked Candidate running for? That would be Cincinnati City Council. Campaigning in New York? Absolutely. “This campaign is about more than just earning a plush leather city council seat, although they do look comfortable,” said Holbrook, “it’s about turning Cincinnati into a shining example of the spectacle modern politics have become, for the world to witness on Youtube.”

Hagbard Celine
07-13-2007, 02:31 PM
This is an interesting concept. Michael Moore did this with a ficus tree in the '04? presidential election I think. I believe we're at the point of full satisfaction on Maslov's hierarchy of needs and that politics doesn't matter anymore. It's the same spot on the hierarchy where Rome was when Caligula, Nero and those other crazy guys came into power right before Rome was sacked by the barbarian hordes. I think we've reached the peak of civilization on this cycle and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I wonder if it will happen in our lifetimes. :dunno:

Trinity
07-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Heres a link to Shawn Holbrooks myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=153919093&MyToken=1fd6c39d-17ff-4d3a-b5e8-ea081b8e1958