PDA

View Full Version : Running For Office

PixieStix
01-13-2016, 02:08 AM
My son said something to me earlier as I watched the enemy of the state give the State of the Union Address

He said I should run for office.:laugh: He said because I am really good at getting my point across.

Got me to thinking.

How about you guys. Have you ever thought of running for office?

Black Diamond
01-13-2016, 02:40 AM
Too much ass kissing for my blood.

Perianne
01-13-2016, 02:45 AM
My son said something to me earlier as I watched the enemy of the state give the State of the Union Address

He said I should run for office.:laugh: He said because I am really good at getting my point across.

Got me to thinking.

How about you guys. Have you ever thought of running for office?

No. I have too much "history".

sundaydriver
01-13-2016, 03:25 AM
In 1983 I became a member of Boro Council to fill in for a Council member that moved from town. I didn't have to campaign, just applied & interviewed before being voted in by the remaining Council members. I was already on the Fire Dept. and had attended Council meetings , so it was pretty easy in a Boro of 904 people.

Finished the 2 1/2 year vacancy but did not run for a full term. If anyone decides to do something like this, be prepared for the time it takes. We at the time were mandated by the State to convert the entire Boro of I think 230 something properties to sewer from septic. Sadly, it takes something big or controversial that more that the usual 2 or 3 senior citizens to attend meetings or become involved.