PDA

View Full Version : Car Reviews ...

Drummond
01-13-2016, 10:03 AM
If there's a better location for this thread than the one I've opted for, could someone shift it accordingly ?

The BBC did have (... until Jeremy Clarkson, a presenter for the programme, punched its producer, was sacked, and the series abruptly ended) -- a car review programme running called 'Top Gear'. It had been screened on BBC-2 for several years, and exported to other countries.

Anyway ... a feature of two of their (as it turned out) final programmes was an examination of two 'supercars' .. the McLaren P1, versus the Porsche 918 Spyder (2015 release). Each was reviewed in separate programmes, and the intention was to come to a decision in a future programme as to which was better than the other. Since the programme was axed, the final, deciding programme, was never made.

Still, the individual programmes / reviews are entertaining ...

I've posted YouTube links, here, to each. Below them is an AMERICAN broadcast, where the same cars were reviewed and the conclusion actually reached ...

Jeremy Clarkson, on the P1 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL_eIZjiLUk

Richard Hammond, on the 918 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSqzp3kdAm4

American review of both, in the one link (more analytical ?) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fnTZKvX5jg

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 10:08 AM
If there's a better location for this thread than the one I've opted for, could someone shift it accordingly ?

It's cool right where ya placed it! :)

Isn't the McLaren like a gazillion dollars? I better hit that powerball tonight, as I would love to have one of those suckers!

Drummond
01-13-2016, 11:39 AM
It's cool right where ya placed it! :)

Isn't the McLaren like a gazillion dollars? I better hit that powerball tonight, as I would love to have one of those suckers!

I have that 'Top Gear' programme recorded, and in it they're quoting a price of £866,000 ($1,252,530). The programme was made around September-October 2014 .. dated from earlier in the programme, where James May (co-presenter) included a report about the withdrawal of British forces from Camp Bastion, Afghanistan .. which dates back to around that time.

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 12:08 PM
I have that 'Top Gear' programme recorded, and in it they're quoting a price of £866,000 ($1,252,530). The programme was made around September-October 2014 .. dated from earlier in the programme, where James May (co-presenter) included a report about the withdrawal of British forces from Camp Bastion, Afghanistan .. which dates back to around that time.

Damn! Yup, that's about what I heard. Still love to have one though! Would have to be mainly for show and slow driving though, as I know a machine like that would get me killed.

fj1200
01-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Damn! Yup, that's about what I heard. Still love to have one though! Would have to be mainly for show and slow driving though, as I know a machine like that would get me killed.

This may be more in your price range.

http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default/files/98004872005-lotus-elise-front-left.jpg

Death can still come quickly though. :eek:

Drummond
01-14-2016, 07:55 AM

http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default/files/98004872005-lotus-elise-front-left.jpg

Death can still come quickly though. :eek:

A pity that you posted on the subject of an 'anonymous' car, FJ. Apart from making actual SENSE to bother, it would also be sheer good manners to identify the car you're introducing to the thread (as I did, previously) .. or .. did you intend to make a quiz out of it ??

Drummond
01-14-2016, 08:05 AM
Just for fun ... four clips from a 'Top Gear' programme. Between them, they show a challenge set for each of the 'Top Gear' presenters ... to obtain three old Italian 'supercars' for £10,000 or less, then drive them across much of the width of the southern UK and see how, as old cars of their type, they stood up to the journey, & in competition with each other ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GuCff8nCxBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ew5cPCYuA9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FSQENCXWHXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eOc2LdGvItM

fj1200
01-14-2016, 12:24 PM
A pity that you posted on the subject of an 'anonymous' car, FJ. Apart from making actual SENSE to bother, it would also be sheer good manners to identify the car you're introducing to the thread (as I did, previously) .. or .. did you intend to make a quiz out of it ??

How do you not recognize a Lotus Elise? Are you sure you're British?

Drummond
01-14-2016, 01:15 PM

Ah, you bothered to identify it !! Well done.

As I've told you before, I don't care if you prefer to think of me as other than British. Indulge that delusion of yours if you really must.

.. FJ .. I can understand (sort of) that you feel a need to try and create a 'one-upmanship' scenario, as a response to being outed as totally bogus as a so-called 'Thatcherite'. But, really ... doesn't it occur, even to you, to try and apply a sense of proportion to your ego issues ?

Instead of always trying to get the better of me, why not, instead, just dedicate yourself to honest posting, and be done with it ?? Life would be so much simpler for you if you'd just take that simple, reputable step, and stop all the sniping .....

Try it. Try it NOW. No more sniping. End it.

You can do it if you really try.

sundaydriver
01-14-2016, 02:04 PM

What he's not is a car guy.

fj1200
01-14-2016, 02:12 PM
No more sniping. End it.

:facepalm99:

He's not blind but he can't see.

Drummond
01-14-2016, 02:29 PM
:facepalm99:

Yes, FJ, you really hated that suggestion, didn't you ?

You're very sad.

Drummond
01-14-2016, 02:32 PM

Your perception of my bona fides as a 'car guy' is a matter for you to indulge.

I don't recall making any claims about myself at all. But you still seem to feel the need to post as though I did.

Curious that you should bother.

fj1200
01-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Yes, FJ, you really hated that suggestion, didn't you ?

You're very sad.

:laugh: I'm sad because you're a hypocrite? :laugh:

Drummond
01-14-2016, 02:39 PM
:laugh: I'm sad because you're a hypocrite? :laugh:

You're sad for a number of reasons, FJ. One, you're currently illustrating .. the need to thread-jack, and to maintain it.

You should stop.

You won't, I'm sure.

But you should.

fj1200
01-14-2016, 02:41 PM
.. the need to thread-jack, and to maintain it.

This was "thread-jacking"...

but this was not...

You are interminably stupid.

sundaydriver
01-14-2016, 02:42 PM
Your perception of my bona fides as a 'car guy' is a matter for you to indulge.

I don't recall making any claims about myself at all. But you still seem to feel the need to post as though I did.

Curious that you should bother.

You posted a thread about cars and record Hammond & the boys , so you must have interest and therefore should be able to identify a Lotus when you see one. No bother.

Drummond
01-14-2016, 02:55 PM
You posted a thread about cars and record Hammond & the boys , so you must have interest and therefore should be able to identify a Lotus when you see one. No bother.

I'm impressed by your certain knowledge concerning what cars I can and cannot identify. Go with it, by all means, if it serves you to ....

Drummond
01-14-2016, 03:00 PM
This was "thread-jacking"...

but this was not...

You are interminably stupid.

You posted a picture of a car, but made no attempt to identify it. Which begged the question of what the point of posting that picture was, if you thought actually identifying it had no purpose ?

I was within my rights to point that out, as indeed I did. And, in typical FJ-fashion, this all immediately involved some needless sniping from you. You could've just acknowledged your failing and be done with it. Instead .......:eek:

sundaydriver
01-14-2016, 03:08 PM

fj showed a much better option for beginners rather than a poor street driver costing many, many times more. The Lotus is like a Miata on steroids. Under powered, fantastic handling, and puts that car guy smile on your face when driving it.

I'm impressed by your certain knowledge concerning what cars I can and cannot identify. Go with it, by all means, if it serves you to ....

Well. obviously you were unable to identify a Lotus.

Elessar
01-14-2016, 03:19 PM

Well...I didn't know what the hell it was :dunno:

How about the courtesy of an identification?

fj1200
01-14-2016, 04:50 PM
You posted a picture of a car, but made no attempt to identify it. Which begged the question of what the point of posting that picture was, if you thought actually identifying it had no purpose ?

Then the proper response is "hey, cool car. What is that?" But no, we get typical drummond-esque whining. But it was my mistake, I incorrectly presumed that others would know what it was.

It's a Lotus Elise.... and very cool. A simple inquiry is all that is called for. :)

Black Diamond
01-14-2016, 04:52 PM
I prefer the lotus espirit turbo. If y'all can remember back that far. :cool:

fj1200
01-14-2016, 04:57 PM
fj showed a much better option for beginners rather than a poor street driver costing many, many times more. The Lotus is like a Miata on steroids. Under powered, fantastic handling, and puts that car guy smile on your face when driving it.

Underpowered but weighs next to nothing. Could bump up to the Lotus Exige:

http://www.larevueautomobile.com/images/Lotus/Exige-S/Exterieur/Lotus_Exige_S_001.jpg

Or the Lotus Evora:

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Lotus-Evora-S-2011-06.jpg

A bump in HP at each stage and cost. I'll stick with the Elise. :eek:

fj1200
01-14-2016, 04:59 PM

Elise: Lotus handling, Toyota powered reliability. ;)

Drummond
01-15-2016, 07:25 AM

There's a lot in your post that's unreasonably assumptive. Isn't it up to someone to judge FOR THEMSELVES what they think of a car, and what they're looking for, rather than have their minds made up for them ?

[On your comment, by the way, on the P1 being 'a poor street driver' .. it's a pity you didn't see the entire Top Gear broadcast, as I have (I have the whole programme recorded here at home). Just seconds before the point at which the YouTube clip started, Clarkson had just finished explaining how suitable the P1 could be for ordinary street driving in a city, not least in full electric mode for short hops !]

Besides, what makes you think I'm in any position to judge what anyone here can realistically afford ?

Well. obviously you were unable to identify a Lotus.

There's a bit of 'car snobbery' going on here, isn't there ? You assume what you do .. with zero reason, one way or the other, to know any such thing. What I do or do not know about cars isn't something you're currently capable of assessing. Though you'll claim to, anyway, it seems ....

Drummond
01-15-2016, 07:29 AM

Exactly my point. It IS a matter, not least, of common courtesy, of 'posting etiquette', shall we say. Serious introduction of a car should surely include saying what it actually IS ... !!! ....

Drummond
01-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Elise: Lotus handling, Toyota powered reliability. ;)

... in short, BRITISH engineering .... so nice to see that you have faith in it, FJ.

Drummond
01-15-2016, 07:42 AM

More precisely, the Lotus 'Esprit' Turbo (I'm assuming yours was a simple typo ?). But yes, a great car. It had the advantage of being one that goes back to the Thatcher years, and after the blighted years of the UK's Trade Union havoc in the automotive industry.

fj1200
01-15-2016, 08:36 AM
... in short, BRITISH engineering .... so nice to see that you have faith in it, FJ.

That depends; Do they still use Lucas Electrical? :poke:

Drummond
01-15-2016, 10:08 AM
That depends; Do they still use Lucas Electrical? :poke:

American assessments of component contributions to cars such as the Elise don't necessarily become accepted worldwide, FJ. An American-set standard is just that: American.

glockmail
01-15-2016, 10:21 AM
"Magazine smart" does not a car guy make.

fj1200
01-15-2016, 11:10 AM
American assessments of component contributions to cars such as the Elise don't necessarily become accepted worldwide, FJ. An American-set standard is just that: American.

Twas a joke. Lighten up.

sundaydriver
01-15-2016, 04:15 PM
fj showed a much better option for beginners rather than a poor street driver costing many, many times more. The Lotus is like a Miata on steroids. Under powered, fantastic handling, and puts that car guy smile on your face when driving it.Well. obviously you were unable to identify a Lotus.

There's a lot in your post that's unreasonably assumptive. Isn't it up to someone to judge FOR THEMSELVES what they think of a car, and what they're looking for, rather than have their minds made up for them ?

No i don't. I think it's the better option than a one million + dollar, handmade car that you have to be afraid to take anywhere and most people wouldn't be able to control a streetable racecar.

[On your comment, by the way, on the P1 being 'a poor street driver' .. it's a pity you didn't see the entire Top Gear broadcast, as I have (I have the whole programme recorded here at home). Just seconds before the point at which the YouTube clip started, Clarkson had just finished explaining how suitable the P1 could be for ordinary street driving in a city, not least in full electric mode for short hops !]

Compared to what? Lambo or a Ferrari? Most high performance cars & exotics don't even feel comfortable driving until your well above the speed limit. We have monthly Cars & Coffee meet in the summer that a lot of exotics show up. The owners of the exotics readily admit that the car shows, an occasional drive on a perfect weather day, or on occasion a track rental day is the only times these cars are out of the garage. Hell, I have a car that only comes out of my garage 4 months a year and only on really nice days.

Besides, what makes you think I'm in any position to judge what anyone here can realistically afford ?

I know that I can't afford to spend $40k replacing the brakes on a P1 and the people that can won't be found on these boards.

There's a bit of 'car snobbery' going on here, isn't there ? You assume what you do .. with zero reason, one way or the other, to know any such thing. What I do or do not know about cars isn't something you're currently capable of assessing. Though you'll claim to, anyway, it seems ....

:confused:

Drummond
01-15-2016, 05:02 PM
:confused:

On cost, I daresay that you have a point.

You don't, though, on the ability of a driver to handle / control the P1.

You're assuming that everyone who buys one will have to use it to its maximum capability .. but why ? There are a number of driving modes available to a P1 driver. If you wanted to just take it down to the shops and back, i.e a quick drive across town, you could probably do that just in 'electric' mode, where the BHP is less than 200, and certainly comparable to far more 'standard' cars. Or, a mix of petrol and electric is possible, turning it into a reasonable (if quite powerful) car for motorway driving. It's only at its 'top' mode that the full 900+ BHP capability comes into its own.

Only a reckless driver would find the P1 too much to handle.

sundaydriver
01-15-2016, 07:37 PM

You're assuming that everyone who buys one will have to use it to its maximum capability .. but why ? There are a number of driving modes available to a P1 driver. If you wanted to just take it down to the shops and back, i.e a quick drive across town, you could probably do that just in 'electric' mode, where the BHP is less than 200, and certainly comparable to far more 'standard' cars. Or, a mix of petrol and electric is possible, turning it into a reasonable (if quite powerful) car for motorway driving. It's only at its 'top' mode that the full 900+ BHP capability comes into its own.

Maybe they would build you one with pedals. :laugh:

Drummond
01-16-2016, 06:35 AM
Maybe they would build you one with pedals. :laugh:

.. eh ?? :confused:

YOU were the one who expressed a concern about handling a powerful car !! You posted:

I think it's the better option than a one million + dollar, handmade car that you have to be afraid to take anywhere and most people wouldn't be able to control a streetable racecar.

... and so I answered you.

So what's your problem ?

sundaydriver
01-17-2016, 07:26 PM

You know you're right. At 1.6m US dollars I'm sure an owner could putter around for 10km on electric. But why? On gasoline the car only has 727 hp and I imagine it drives and operates similar to a Ford Fiesta and so anyone should be able to reasonably drive one.

.. eh ?? :confused:

YOU were the one who expressed a concern about handling a powerful car !! You posted:
... and so I answered you.

So what's your problem ?

I guess it's because my experience driving powerful cars that let me know that I couldn't handle a car with almost twice the power of anything I've ever driven and reacts 3 times as fast.

Drummond
01-18-2016, 08:58 AM
You know you're right. At 1.6m US dollars I'm sure an owner could putter around for 10km on electric. But why? On gasoline the car only has 727 hp and I imagine it drives and operates similar to a Ford Fiesta and so anyone should be able to reasonably drive one.

... or, drive it on a mix of electric and petrol, but not boosted to hell and back ? In any case, the 10km limit only exists for the P1 if you don't allow it to recharge while you're driving around using the petrol engine ...

But look ... if horsepower worries you so much, then go for your Fiesta option, or maybe the sportier-looking Mazda MX-5 (.. can you cope with the small increase in power ?).

I guess it's because my experience driving powerful cars that let me know that I couldn't handle a car with almost twice the power of anything I've ever driven and reacts 3 times as fast.

To each their own, then. Some can cope (.. and if they couldn't, then no market would exist for the more powerful car, would it ?). Others cannot (though I think you exaggerate this issue). It's not for me to make judgements about the individual capabilities of fellow posters here.

By the way, while I think of it, since I mentioned Mazda ... I think the 'Miata' was a US-issued variant, just for the American market. I don't recall that model name being sold in the UK.

[-- LATE EDIT -- Just checked. It seems that the Miata and MX-5 are the same car ... just that the name 'Miata' was never used for it over here in the UK.]

sundaydriver
01-18-2016, 10:39 AM
... or, drive it on a mix of electric and petrol, but not boosted to hell and back ? In any case, the 10km limit only exists for the P1 if you don't allow it to recharge while you're driving around using the petrol engine ...

But look ... if horsepower worries you so much, then go for your Fiesta option, or maybe the sportier-looking Mazda MX-5 (.. can you cope with the small increase in power ?).

Horsepower is a big concern to me when car shopping and modifying my rides. I do like Maxda's and have a 300hp Mazdaspeed6 GT. I've modded my Camaro to 440 hp and that's enough for me on the roads.

To each their own, then. Some can cope (.. and if they couldn't, then no market would exist for the more powerful car, would it ?). Others cannot (though I think you exaggerate this issue). It's not for me to make judgements about the individual capabilities of fellow posters here.

No, I don't think I exaggerate the experience required to operate a 727 or 900 hp auto with a stiff suspension, and the quick reactions to drive one. I learned alot about driving skills following Mario Andretti the roads here for the past 35 years and his son and now grandson. I can keep up better with Mario now that he's aged and only drives a Corvette. :laugh:

By the way, while I think of it, since I mentioned Mazda ... I think the 'Miata' was a US-issued variant, just for the American market. I don't recall that model name being sold in the UK.

[-- LATE EDIT -- Just checked. It seems that the Miata and MX-5 are the same car ... just that the name 'Miata' was never used for it over here in the UK.]

Fun little cars.

sundaydriver
01-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Hey, lets get together and do the Silverstone in our cars.

jimnyc
01-18-2016, 12:44 PM
What I was going to buy if I won the lottery. A 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby gt500

http://newcarsimage.com/images/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-coupe.jpg

glockmail
01-18-2016, 01:14 PM

What would that cost to insure in metro NYC?

jimnyc
01-18-2016, 01:54 PM
What would that cost to insure in metro NYC?

I had a 2001 mustang, much crappier. When I went to insure it after purchase, I found out the hard way that they wanted a little over $4k. Much different when added to our insurance plan for the home and other vehicle we had at the time, and that dropped it to $1600. I have the 4Runner now, cheaper, but still expensive. NY/NJ area sucks for insurance rates.

glockmail
01-18-2016, 02:18 PM
I had a 2001 mustang, much crappier. When I went to insure it after purchase, I found out the hard way that they wanted a little over $4k. Much different when added to our insurance plan for the home and other vehicle we had at the time, and that dropped it to $1600. I have the 4Runner now, cheaper, but still expensive. NY/NJ area sucks for insurance rates.

Yet another reason why I left the NE as soon as I could. I had about half saved for a new Kawaski in 1979 that cost $2600, and planned on borrowing the remainder. The insurance for collision and theft was $2600. So I got a loan from relatives and paid for the state mandated minimum insurance, which was pretty cheap. But of course my bike wasn't covered.

I currently own six cars. Two daily drivers, two kids cars, and two antiques. Insurance is much cheaper here but I still don't like to pay for it. Our daily drivers, both under four years old, are insured to the hilt because we'd be foolish not to. For my kid's I bought them old cars, paid cash, and have the minimum insurance on them. "If you crash it, it's broke until you can afford to fix it." I've saved lots of money over the years that way.

For the antiques, that's handled by collector car insurance which is cheap because you agree to limitations of use.

Drummond
01-19-2016, 06:54 AM

Very American ! We now have Mustangs in the UK ... as a newly-introduced car. Until just months ago, these were known here as American cars .. here, now being billed as 'the NEW Ford Mustang' ...

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/newmustang?searchid=ppc:UK-Mustang-BMM:Mustang-UK-BMM:%2Bford%20%2Bmustang%20%2Buk:b:c:g:GOOGLE&gclid=COPR8-_mtcoCFdEYGwodGlgG7g

One of the world's most recognisable cars is entering a new chapter... 2015 sees the all-new Ford Mustang – a fusion of high performance, innovative technology and sleek design – available to buy in Europe for the first time. After 50 years of production and more than 9-million car sales in the USA, this iconic vehicle has landed on our roads.

Drummond
01-19-2016, 07:08 AM
Very American ! We now have Mustangs in the UK ... as a newly-introduced car. Until just months ago, these were known here as American cars .. here, now being billed as 'the NEW Ford Mustang' ...

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/newmustang?searchid=ppc:UK-Mustang-BMM:Mustang-UK-BMM:%2Bford%20%2Bmustang%20%2Buk:b:c:g:GOOGLE&gclid=COPR8-_mtcoCFdEYGwodGlgG7g

As I say, Mustangs are new to the British market. This is what our 'Top Gear' people had to say (they rarely mince words, and bear in mind that they're the BBC -) ....

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/ford/mustang

We know what you’re thinking: why on earth would I be interested in an left-hook muscle car brought into the UK by some dodgy US import dealer called something like Big John’s Stateside Motors? The correct answer to that is that you wouldn’t be. But here’s the thing, from autumn 2015 you’ll be able to pop into your nearest Ford dealer and come out with one of these. In right hand drive. With a lily-livered four cylinder engine if you so wish. And a full UK warranty. Sound good? Of course it does. This is the all-new Mustang, specifically designed to be sold in markets outside of America and as well as a 5.0-litre V8, you can now have it with a 2.3-litre turbocharged Ecoboost engine.

Confession: so far we’ve only driven the V8, although we suspect that in the UK the turbo four will be the more popular choice – not least because it’ll be a fair bit more efficient. We’ve also only driven the Mustang in America, where it felt, well, close to perfect, built for the place. Here it’ll doubtless feel larger on the road and as a result less wieldy. But don’t go thinking it’s a talentless heffalump. The new rear suspension has transformed the car’s stability and ride control, and although we’d stop short of saying the Mustang has the long range ease of a Bentley, it sucks up distance effortlessly, plus steers pleasingly accurately and is easily rapid enough.

It may be big on the outside, but the Mustang isn’t a exactly packaging masterclass within. The boot’s suitably commodious, but fitting normal-sized adult humans into the boot into the back seat isn’t an easy undertaking. Especially not if you tick the box for the optional Recaro seats. You really should, though: they are absolutely magnificent bucket chairs.

Build quality isn’t going to rival the TT and nor is design (it contrasts starkly with the Audi’s ‘virtual cockpit’ sophistication), but that’s not the Mustang’s schtick – it’s all about delivering a laidback feelgood factor, and it does that pretty darn well.

OWNING --

This is a bit of an unknown and it’ll be interesting to see what Ford comes up with to encourage potential owners to buy a car that appears so intrinsically American. It will be thirsty – yes, even the 2.3-litre Ecoboost – and it thus won’t be cheap to tax. People will also be concerned about residuals so lease deals are unlikely to be a bargain. In theory, reliability shouldn’t be an issue, but with driving conditions in the UK being very different to America it is possible that unforeseen issues may occur. Are you bold enough to give it a go, cowboy ?

KitchenKitten99
01-23-2016, 09:23 PM

FYI--- the GT500 does not exist in 2016.

You are able to get a GT350R.... the GT500 won't return til 2018, as is speculated.

And y'all are arguing over a Lotus Elise? As long as most of you are 5'6", you will fit in the car. Anyone larger than that, will be a human pretzel or will not fit at all. My husband is 6'3" and he is physically too big for the car. His neighbor had one back in 2009 and offered to take him for a ride in it... and could not.

In terms of fast cars, my new job has me driving some of the most exotic and fast cars out there every day. Including a Bentley GT3R that one of our customers just purchased and has had the engine modules reflashed. Went from 575hp to now over 600 with that move.

I have lots of pics of our more fun cars if anyone should wish to see them. I have had the privilege of driving each one, except a select few.

Just say the word.

LongTermGuy
01-23-2016, 09:51 PM
FYI--- the GT500 does not exist in 2016.

You are able to get a GT350R.... the GT500 won't return til 2018, as is speculated.

And y'all are arguing over a Lotus Elise? As long as most of you are 5'6", you will fit in the car. Anyone larger than that, will be a human pretzel or will not fit at all. My husband is 6'3" and he is physically too big for the car. His neighbor had one back in 2009 and offered to take him for a ride in it... and could not.

In terms of fast cars, my new job has me driving some of the most exotic and fast cars out there every day. Including a Bentley GT3R that one of our customers just purchased and has had the engine modules reflashed. Went from 575hp to now over 600 with that move.

I have lots of pics of our more fun cars if anyone should wish to see them. I have had the privilege of driving each one, except a select few.

Just say the word.

Nice...I like the "GT350"....Love the engine...the sound and the handling...

​*My favorite machine would be the Porsche Turbo-S...but around $200 thousand...I am not much on top end...*But love sling-shot acceleration 0-120 or so...is enough for me

I do like Pic`s...if you have any to share... :)

KitchenKitten99
01-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Nice...I like the "GT350"....Love the engine...the sound and the handling...

​*My favorite machine would be the Porsche Turbo-S...but around $200 thousand...I am not much on top end...*But love sling-shot acceleration 0-120 or so...is enough for me

I do like Pic`s...if you have any to share... :)

I prefer American Muscle over the Euro stuff, but I do admire and can appreciate the super-luxury stuff like we sell. American muscle offers hella lot of fun and speed for not a lot of money for the average American road. Hubby just bought a 14 Camaro SS V8 (manual, obviously) that already had the upgraded exhaust and a few other options, and less than 3k on the odom. Came in on a trade at work. My boss wanted to send it to auction (not likely to sell at our store) but I told him to hold off so hubby could take a look. Got it for a steal at $27,900. I actually think it sounds even more badass than some of the Euro exotics that roll through our drive.

Porsches aren't my cup of tea. Fast, yes, but honestly I don't like their design. And most are really not worth the money you pay. I see many of them roll into the shop for stupid stuff that goes wrong.

That said... if you're gonna drop that kind of money on a car, I would rather go for this preowned McLaren that we have. Less than the Porsche and a helluva headrest pounder. If it has not sold by the time the snow melts and is completely gone, I am making my coworker take me for a ride in it. The only reason I want him to drive and not me is he used to race in the Trans Am series. I want to have a ride by someone who knows how to drive the car like it should be driven.
http://www.morriesluxuryauto.com/Used-2012-McLaren-MP4-12C-BASE-Golden-Valley-MN/vd/30172804

oh, and photos coming soon. Rearranging albums on Imgur for simplicity.

Drummond
01-25-2016, 09:45 AM
I prefer American Muscle over the Euro stuff, but I do admire and can appreciate the super-luxury stuff like we sell. American muscle offers hella lot of fun and speed for not a lot of money for the average American road. Hubby just bought a 14 Camaro SS V8 (manual, obviously) that already had the upgraded exhaust and a few other options, and less than 3k on the odom. Came in on a trade at work. My boss wanted to send it to auction (not likely to sell at our store) but I told him to hold off so hubby could take a look. Got it for a steal at $27,900. I actually think it sounds even more badass than some of the Euro exotics that roll through our drive.

Porsches aren't my cup of tea. Fast, yes, but honestly I don't like their design. And most are really not worth the money you pay. I see many of them roll into the shop for stupid stuff that goes wrong.

That said... if you're gonna drop that kind of money on a car, I would rather go for this preowned McLaren that we have. Less than the Porsche and a helluva headrest pounder. If it has not sold by the time the snow melts and is completely gone, I am making my coworker take me for a ride in it. The only reason I want him to drive and not me is he used to race in the Trans Am series. I want to have a ride by someone who knows how to drive the car like it should be driven.
http://www.morriesluxuryauto.com/Used-2012-McLaren-MP4-12C-BASE-Golden-Valley-MN/vd/30172804

oh, and photos coming soon. Rearranging albums on Imgur for simplicity.

Porsche invested in reworkings of the 911 model for year after year. OK, they made it work for them .. but it also suggests a lack of innovative enterprise on their part. So I'm not inclined to favour Porsches either.

Unless I'm much mistaken, McLarens are British ? Hey, if you'll forgive my waving the flag a bit, I'd say you can't go far wrong with them .... enjoy your ride !!