PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Jones - OD on pills?

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Early Sunday morning he shows up at the Foxborough police department - shirtless and without shoes - and they have officers check him over and then transport him to the hospital. They they alter records to try and cover it up why he was there. Anyone else would likely have been charged. And yup, you OD, they draw blood - you get charged.

I wonder what drugs? Perhaps it was something legal even? Will he play in this weeks game?

fj1200
01-13-2016, 12:26 PM
And yup, you OD, they draw blood - you get charged.

That's all weird. What do you get charged for?

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 12:44 PM
That's all weird. What do you get charged for?

"Unlawful use" which is a felony!!

Perianne
01-13-2016, 12:46 PM
This is indeed a unique situation, involving a football player and all. At my hospital, I have dealt with hundreds of overdoses.

We never report the results to the police. Never, never, never.

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 01:00 PM
This is indeed a unique situation, involving a football player and all. At my hospital, I have dealt with hundreds of overdoses.

We never report the results to the police. Never, never, never.

What if the police are there, they brought the patient in. Do they ever ask for tests? And how are the tests performed? Just general speaking of course, I don't expect you to ever divulge anything too personal.

Perianne
01-13-2016, 01:43 PM
What if the police are there, they brought the patient in. Do they ever ask for tests? And how are the tests performed? Just general speaking of course, I don't expect you to ever divulge anything too personal.

When the police brought someone in with alcohol-related issues, i.e. DWI, they remained to make certain the patient was safe to take to jail. If the patient refused a breathalyzer test, then they required a blood test. I had to sign that I took the blood from the patient. The police took it from there. If the patient refused the blood test, they are assumed guilty.

For drug issues, the police have brought patients in, stayed around a while to make sure everything is safe, and then they left. They had no concern about any low-level charges of overdose.

That is how they do it here, but it is likely different in other areas.

darin
01-14-2016, 01:58 AM
lemme try to understand -

Record of use is a crime - in addition to observed useage? I don't like it.