PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul, bumped off main stage

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 01:07 PM
He says the GOP is pushing him out, but isn't this based on polling? Is it the GOP's fault that he hasn't polled well? And then to imply he is out because he has a "unique voice"? If he thought he was great and the "people" wanted him, wouldn't the polls, of which their are tons, reflect his popularity? I don't see this as anyone's fault other than polling and how well the campaign is doing.

Now,as for libertarian voters. Yup, it's possible his followers might be pissed. But polls lead me to believe there aren't THAT many, at least not directly tied to Paul. And if it does cost the party the support, then who are they going to support? Hillary? Sanders?

-----

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is blaming the GOP for his exclusion from the main debate stage in this week's Republican presidential debate, saying the decision may cost the party the support of libertarian voters.

"They have been saying for months they're going to narrow the field, but I don't think it's the job of the establishment in the Republican Party to decide who is and who isn't [in],” he said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Wednesday morning.

Fox Business Network had announced earlier this week that Paul wouldn't qualify for a spot on the main stage at Thursday’s night’s debate. The network had given candidates a chance to place in the top six spots of polls nationally or the top five either in Iowa or New Hampshire.

Paul, who is boycotting the “undercard” debate that will be held before the main event, said he's being pushed out because he has a "unique voice."

"I am the one voice saying we shouldn't make the sand glow. I am the one voice saying we shouldn't be collecting all — the government shouldn't be collecting all your records, and I'm the one voice saying we shouldn't lock up every kid for marijuana," he said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265731-rand-paul-gop-is-responsible-for-my-debate-exclusion

Elessar
01-13-2016, 01:16 PM
Plain and simple.

He is not well liked, and he is a crybaby.

Gunny
01-13-2016, 01:21 PM
He says the GOP is pushing him out, but isn't this based on polling? Is it the GOP's fault that he hasn't polled well? And then to imply he is out because he has a "unique voice"? If he thought he was great and the "people" wanted him, wouldn't the polls, of which their are tons, reflect his popularity? I don't see this as anyone's fault other than polling and how well the campaign is doing.

Now,as for libertarian voters. Yup, it's possible his followers might be pissed. But polls lead me to believe there aren't THAT many, at least not directly tied to Paul. And if it does cost the party the support, then who are they going to support? Hillary? Sanders?

-----

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is blaming the GOP for his exclusion from the main debate stage in this week's Republican presidential debate, saying the decision may cost the party the support of libertarian voters.

"They have been saying for months they're going to narrow the field, but I don't think it's the job of the establishment in the Republican Party to decide who is and who isn't [in],” he said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Wednesday morning.

Fox Business Network had announced earlier this week that Paul wouldn't qualify for a spot on the main stage at Thursday’s night’s debate. The network had given candidates a chance to place in the top six spots of polls nationally or the top five either in Iowa or New Hampshire.

Paul, who is boycotting the “undercard” debate that will be held before the main event, said he's being pushed out because he has a "unique voice."

"I am the one voice saying we shouldn't make the sand glow. I am the one voice saying we shouldn't be collecting all — the government shouldn't be collecting all your records, and I'm the one voice saying we shouldn't lock up every kid for marijuana," he said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265731-rand-paul-gop-is-responsible-for-my-debate-exclusion

He polled 5th this week. How does that bump him off the main stage? He has a LOT of common sense answers. Was listening to his response to Obama's State of the Disunion Address this morning.

Unfortunately, he's got some weird ones as well.

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 01:37 PM
He polled 5th this week. How does that bump him off the main stage? He has a LOT of common sense answers. Was listening to his response to Obama's State of the Disunion Address this morning.

I guess it's which polls they used, I dunno. You can see 6th and 7th place flickering depending on which poll you refer to. This is the best I could find so far:

The standards for this week's debate were unbendable. The network announced weeks ago that the six candidates polling best in national surveys were guaranteed places on stage, and anyone polling in the top five in New Hampshire or Iowa could also grab a lectern. That rescued Gov. John Kasich (R-Ohio), who barely registers nationally but polls strongly in New Hampshire. Carly Fiorina, the former Hewlett Packard executive whose strong early debate performances led to a brief summer surge, was pushed back to the "undercard."

Which would appear they even extended it to one more invitee?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/11/rand-paul-bumped-from-main-debate-stage-will-boycott-thursdays-undercard/

-----------------------------------

With a late surge in polls released on Monday, Kasich leapfrogged Bush in New Hampshire to likely claim a seventh lecturn in Thursday’s debate.

The candidates poised to be relegated to the undercard debate are Paul, Fiorina, Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum. But some of those candidates were publicly lobbying Monday to be included on the main stage.

Fox Business Network set Monday at 6 p.m. Eastern Time as the deadline to qualify for Thursday’s debate. The financial-news network said it would take the top six candidates in the five most recent national polls — plus any candidate in the top five in either Iowa or New Hampshire, also according to the five most recent polls.

According to a POLITICO estimate as of early Monday afternoon, the top six candidates nationally are: Trump (35 percent), Cruz (19.6 percent), Rubio (11 percent), Carson (9.4 percent), Christie (4 percent) and Bush (3.6 percent). Paul (2.8 percent) follows in seventh place, with Fiorina (2.2 percent) in eighth. Kasich (1.8 percent) is in ninth place nationally, followed by Huckabee (1.2 percent) and Santorum (0.4 percent).

Factoring in the top five in Iowa does not add anyone to the main stage. Those five candidates are: Cruz (28 percent), Trump (25.6 percent), Rubio (12.6 percent), Carson (9.6 percent) and Bush (4.6 percent). Christie (4 percent) is sixth, followed by Paul (3.8 percent), Huckabee (2.4 percent), Kasich (2 percent), Fiorina (1.4 percent) and Santorum (1.3 percent).

But a Monmouth University poll in New Hampshire out Monday afternoon appears to vault Kasich into the top five in the first-in-the-nation primary state, according to POLITICO’s calculations. With the Monmouth poll included, the top five in New Hampshire are: Trump (29.2 percent), Rubio (13.4 percent), Cruz (11.4 percent), Kasich (10.2 percent) and Christie (9.2 percent). Kasich supplanted Bush (8 percent) in the top five in New Hampshire on Monday, though Bush still appears to qualify as a result of his standing nationally and in Iowa.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/rand-paul-bumped-main-stage-217578#ixzz3x9QVFmj7

jimnyc
01-13-2016, 01:43 PM

Yep, he does have a lot of common sense answers. But I think what he has to offer in total, is simply just not what the people want at this time. I don't care to go into specifics as I don't want it to become a debate about what he has to offer. But yeah, he can be weird.

Here's a page of just snippets of his stances on everything.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Rand_Paul.htm

Gunny
01-13-2016, 05:01 PM
I guess it's which polls they used, I dunno. You can see 6th and 7th place flickering depending on which poll you refer to. This is the best I could find so far:

Which would appear they even extended it to one more invitee?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/11/rand-paul-bumped-from-main-debate-stage-will-boycott-thursdays-undercard/

-----------------------------------

With a late surge in polls released on Monday, Kasich leapfrogged Bush in New Hampshire to likely claim a seventh lecturn in Thursday’s debate.

The candidates poised to be relegated to the undercard debate are Paul, Fiorina, Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum. But some of those candidates were publicly lobbying Monday to be included on the main stage.

Fox Business Network set Monday at 6 p.m. Eastern Time as the deadline to qualify for Thursday’s debate. The financial-news network said it would take the top six candidates in the five most recent national polls — plus any candidate in the top five in either Iowa or New Hampshire, also according to the five most recent polls.

According to a POLITICO estimate as of early Monday afternoon, the top six candidates nationally are: Trump (35 percent), Cruz (19.6 percent), Rubio (11 percent), Carson (9.4 percent), Christie (4 percent) and Bush (3.6 percent). Paul (2.8 percent) follows in seventh place, with Fiorina (2.2 percent) in eighth. Kasich (1.8 percent) is in ninth place nationally, followed by Huckabee (1.2 percent) and Santorum (0.4 percent).

Factoring in the top five in Iowa does not add anyone to the main stage. Those five candidates are: Cruz (28 percent), Trump (25.6 percent), Rubio (12.6 percent), Carson (9.6 percent) and Bush (4.6 percent). Christie (4 percent) is sixth, followed by Paul (3.8 percent), Huckabee (2.4 percent), Kasich (2 percent), Fiorina (1.4 percent) and Santorum (1.3 percent).

But a Monmouth University poll in New Hampshire out Monday afternoon appears to vault Kasich into the top five in the first-in-the-nation primary state, according to POLITICO’s calculations. With the Monmouth poll included, the top five in New Hampshire are: Trump (29.2 percent), Rubio (13.4 percent), Cruz (11.4 percent), Kasich (10.2 percent) and Christie (9.2 percent). Kasich supplanted Bush (8 percent) in the top five in New Hampshire on Monday, though Bush still appears to qualify as a result of his standing nationally and in Iowa.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/rand-paul-bumped-main-stage-217578#ixzz3x9QVFmj7

I don't doubt the RNC is using whichever poll suits them best, and burying "outsiders" seem to do it best. They just haven't figured out how to deal with Trump yet, but they will. They want conformists, not change and certainly not leaders.

The RNC is stupid. How many times do you slam your dick in the door before you figure out it hurts?