PDA

View Full Version : NRA's Wayne LaPierre Challenges Obama to a Debate

Elessar
01-14-2016, 12:59 PM
I am willing to lay odds that Obama refuses, declines, or ignores this challenge.

From Newsmax, rather long - so here is the link:

http://www.newsmax.com/US/nra-wayne-lapierre-challenge-obama/2016/01/13/id/709376/?ns_mail_uid=28698617&ns_mail_job=1650470_01142016&s=al&dkt_nbr=ye5dygwg

fj1200
01-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Of course he'll ignore it. It's beneath the Presidency. He also can't control the forum and there is little upside in it for him anyway.

Elessar
01-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Well, I think he is afraid to face the music.

The music being there are countless CITIZENS and a very powerful organization
that recognize his attempted overreach of authority, plus him trying to manipulate
the 2nd Amendment to HIS satisfaction, fully ignoring We The People.

fj1200
01-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Well, I think he is afraid to face the music.

Presidents generally don't do that. If it were important enough then you send out the Veep a la Gore v. Perot in a NAFTA cage match.

Drummond
01-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Presidents generally don't do that.

Are you saying that US Presidents are beyond any question of accountability ?

Or, it's just that Obama is (&/or should be) ?

Elessar
01-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Presidents generally don't do that. If it were important enough then you send out the Veep a la Gore v. Perot in a NAFTA cage match.

But...but this one was all about 'transparency' during his campaigns, and still trumpets that falsehood.
Why should he not keep his word?

He has become a dictatorial power-grabber, ignoring The Congress and The People.
He should be rebuked by someone as powerful and influential as LaPierre. After all,
he is one of The People.!

Black Diamond
01-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Obama's schedule is too full for a debate with LaPierre. I mean he has Jimmy Fallon and Conan O'Brien to meet with.

fj1200
01-14-2016, 05:01 PM
Are you saying that US Presidents are beyond any question of accountability ?

Or, it's just that Obama is (&/or should be) ?

WTF is wrong with you?

But...but this one was all about 'transparency' during his campaigns, and still trumpets that falsehood.
Why should he not keep his word?

Yeah, that lasted about a minute and a half.

Obama's schedule is too full for a debate with LaPierre. I mean he has Jimmy Fallon and Conan O'Brien to meet with.

:laugh:

Elessar
01-14-2016, 06:06 PM

So very true...:laugh2:

aboutime
01-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Obama would never take part, or lower himself to a debate of any kind. The fact-checking while such a debate took place would expose Obama's wonderful ability to LIE, and Smile while hiding the knife behind his back he uses to DESTROY, and Eventually KILL America.

Surf Fishing Guru
01-14-2016, 11:20 PM
Of course he'll ignore it. It's beneath the Presidency. He also can't control the forum and there is little upside in it for him anyway.

And appearing with this fine upstanding citizen demonstrates respect for the office?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgB2eeHZEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQe7o_Gea-4

Drummond
01-15-2016, 06:52 AM
WTF is wrong with you?

What .. that I think that even Obama should be accountable to others ??

H'm. I think I see your point. Leftie Presidents wouldn't dream of such a thing in a million years, would they ? And you, as a closet supporter, would naturally not want anyone suggesting the concept of actual ACCOUNTABILITY to be taken seriously ....:rolleyes::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

fj1200
01-15-2016, 08:24 AM
And appearing with this fine upstanding citizen demonstrates respect for the office?

Touche. One year, five days.

What ..

You're certainly finding creative new ways to F* up a thread.