PDA

View Full Version : President Trump

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 06:46 AM
What would a trump presidency look like?

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 07:07 AM
I don't want to know about his chances at winning, but rather what would he be like as president.

jimnyc
01-17-2016, 07:28 AM
I have mixed visions. I like Trump as you know. I think he'll be tough, but more willing to work with folks than it would appear from his brash talk we're seeing now. But will others work with him when all is said an done? Dunno. I think, my opinion, is that when things are said and done, everyone gets a chance until they screw up.

I think he'll find out he's really not going to deport 11 million people. Nor is he going to ben every single muslim from entering the country.

But outside the rhetoric, I do hope he is tough in those departments at least (immigration, defense, ISIS...)

Same with working with foreign countries, and our allies. I think and hope he'll be tough, but he's got to stop a fair amount of rhetoric if he ever plans on negotiating himself, and expecting respect in return.

I'd be curious to see how much of his loud mouth would continue if he gets the nomination, and then if he could ever win the presidency. Everyone seems to fit a mold in that department, of what is expected to be said at most times. Have we ever had a president that was NOT politically correct before? I honestly dunno. I don't know much prior to like Carter. :) But while he may get away with certain things now, I don't think too much, if any, of the trash talk will be well received on the national stage. I personally would find it funny to see him walk up to the podium and speak his mind about the little nitwit in NK, or about leaders in Iran - but you can't.

NightTrain
01-17-2016, 07:32 AM
I think he'll fix the sorry state of affairs in regard to trade, as he outlined in the last debate.

I think he'll make deportation of illegals a priority.

He'll build the Wall, fixing the ridiculous border problem we have.

He'll command respect from our enemies who have none at the moment.

He'll back and work with our allies instead of treating them like the proverbial unwanted stepchild.

Law Enforcement morale will skyrocket after receiving support instead of being demonized and emasculated publicly at every opportunity by the highest office in the land.

Racial divisiveness will improve simply because there is no longer a President actively promoting it.

The EPA will be reigned in - hard. They're way over the line.

The AG will immediately begin enforcing our laws regardless of race or political affiliation.

The odorous Executive Orders currently in place will be eliminated, returning powers to their proper branches of government.

The insane plan to accept hundreds of thousands of unqualified immigrants from terrorist hotbeds will be halted until a reasonable solution to the vetting process can be found. IMO, no rush on finding that solution.

ISIS and AQ to be crushed, an easy task for the USAF, Navy and Marine aviation. He will tell the Generals & Admirals what he wants and then get out of the way as the hounds are unleashed.

The American energy industry will rebound mightily - the Coal industry especially. The Keystone pipeline to begin construction immediately.

Priority to securing our cyber defenses, and retaliating against those State-sponsored hackers that routinely engage in cyber warfare against Fed systems and raid corporate systems. Russian hackers? Embarrass Putin and put in place retaliatory measures. They'll quickly stop this stupid game of plausible deniability and rein in the cyber assault. Same goes for China and every other country that does this.

LongTermGuy
01-17-2016, 09:53 AM

Better than what we have now....any of the top 4 GOP candidates would be better....

LongTermGuy
01-17-2016, 09:54 AM
I think he'll fix the sorry state of affairs in regard to trade, as he outlined in the last debate.

He'll back and work with our allies instead of treating them like the proverbial unwanted stepchild.

Law Enforcement morale will skyrocket after receiving support instead of being demonized and emasculated publicly at every opportunity by the highest office in the land.

Racial divisiveness will improve simply because there is no longer a President actively promoting it.

The AG will immediately begin enforcing our laws regardless of race or political affiliation.

The odorous Executive Orders currently in place will be eliminated, returning powers to their proper branches of government.

The insane plan to accept hundreds of thousands of unqualified immigrants from terrorist hotbeds will be halted until a reasonable solution to the vetting process can be found. IMO, no rush on finding that solution.

ISIS and AQ to be crushed, an easy task for the USAF, Navy and Marine aviation. He will tell the Generals & Admirals what he wants and then get out of the way as the hounds are unleashed.

The American energy industry will rebound mightily - the Coal industry especially. The Keystone pipeline to begin construction immediately.

Priority to securing our cyber defenses, and retaliating against those State-sponsored hackers that routinely engage in cyber warfare against Fed systems and raid corporate systems. Russian hackers? Embarrass Putin and put in place retaliatory measures. They'll quickly stop this stupid game of plausible deniability and rein in the cyber assault. Same goes for China and every other country that does this.

Well said Night Train...

Drummond
01-17-2016, 10:22 AM

In other words, he'll be a blessing to us all ! Not just America, but the West more generally, in terms of what he gets done, in terms of the example he'll set for others. If he achieves even 50% of all this, he'll go down as one of the all-time 'greats' in Presidential history. :salute:

Jeff
01-17-2016, 12:18 PM
Better than what we have now....any of the top 4 GOP candidates would be better....

But thje other 4 don't have the Trump Train. :laugh::laugh:

fj1200
01-17-2016, 12:31 PM
I fear that it will look like this guy:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/images/first-family/31_herbert_hoover.jpg

With a little of this guy:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/images/first-family/28_woodrow_wilson.jpg

Elessar
01-17-2016, 12:42 PM

Poor comparison.

Hoover was a scapegoat.

Wilson was a whining Liberal that did not act when our merchant ships were attacked
in 1914. It took him 3 years to respond.

fj1200
01-17-2016, 12:52 PM

Poor comparison.

Hoover was a scapegoat.

Wilson was a whining Liberal that did not act when our merchant ships were attacked

Excellent comparison, Hoover was a private sector genius (though born of modest means) who cratered the economy with poor trade and tax policy. Wilson was a fascist (http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2008/0205/p09s01-coop.html) who propagandized his enemies.

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Excellent comparison, Hoover was a private sector genius (though born of modest means) who cratered the economy with poor trade and tax policy. Wilson was a fascist (http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2008/0205/p09s01-coop.html) who propagandized his enemies.

I thought maybe you thought melania would be taking over. :)

aboutime
01-17-2016, 01:35 PM
As long as whoever wins....doesn't look like these GUYS....http://icansayit.com/images/hillscary.jpg.....http://icansayit.com/images/obamafinger.jpg

NightTrain
01-17-2016, 02:22 PM

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/images/first-family/31_herbert_hoover.jpg

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/images/first-family/28_woodrow_wilson.jpg

I'll bite.

What makes you think so?

Abbey Marie
01-17-2016, 02:22 PM
I think he'll get right to work on trade issues with China. I've several times heard him get very animated about how China is pulling a fast one on us. He didn't succeed as a businessman by being a poor negotiator. Also as an experienced entrepreneur, he knows how to find talent and delegate to them.

I think he will be a big disappointment as far as social-conservative issues, because I don't think he cares about any of them. Not much, anyway. :(

He is already showing signs of calming down, and I expect more of same if he is elected.

I also think he will appoint judges who are ecenomically conservative.

fj1200
01-17-2016, 02:33 PM
I'll bite.

What makes you think so?

Part of it was here.

I don't think trump is really a free trader seeing he doesn't think positively of any free-trade agreement. I also question his small-government principles and fear when his "really smart people" start recommending things that are contrary.

The link I pointed to gives more of the second one:

I'm thinking of an American president who demonized ethnic groups as enemies of the state, censored the press, imprisoned dissidents, bullied political opponents, spewed propaganda, often expressed contempt for the Constitution, approved warrantless searches and eavesdropping, and pursued his policies with a blind, religious certainty.
Oh, and I'm not thinking of George W. Bush (http://www.csmonitor.com/tags/topic/George+W.+Bush), but another "W" – actually "WW": Woodrow Wilson (http://www.csmonitor.com/tags/topic/Woodrow+Wilson), the Democrat who served from 1913 to 1921.

Of course not all of those apply to him.

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Part of it was here.

I don't think trump is really a free trader seeing he doesn't think positively of any free-trade agreement. I also question his small-government principles and fear when his "really smart people" start recommending things that are contrary.

He is protectionist. He has implied as much in interviews.

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 02:37 PM

For better or worse.

fj1200
01-17-2016, 02:39 PM
I think he'll get right to work on trade issues with China. I've several times heard him get very animated about how China is pulling a fast one on us. He didn't succeed as a businessman by being a poor negotiator. Also as an experienced entrepreneur, he knows how to find talent and delegate to them.

I don't think he understands trade or China.

Trump is caught lying about his China tariff proposal—and it would hurt his supporters the most (http://qz.com/595618/trump-is-caught-lying-about-his-china-tariff-proposal-and-it-would-hurt-his-supporters-the-most/)

Asked if about his plan to raise a tariff on imported Chinese goods to 45%, reported by the New York Times, Trump said, “That’s wrong. They were wrong. It’s the New York Times, they are always wrong.”
The New York Times, always wrong or not, is equipped with audio recorders, and the paper quickly produced this transcript (http://nyti.ms/1JNEJU8) of Trump’s meeting with the newspaper’s editorial board:

I would tax China coming in—products coming in. I would do a tariff. And they do it to us. We have to be smart. I’m a free trader. I’m a free trader. And some of the people would say, ‘Oh, it’s terrible.’ I’m a free trader. I love free trade. But it’s got to be reasonably fair. I would do a tax, and the tax—let me tell you what the tax should be. The tax should be 45 percent.
Trump concluded that if China continued what he sees as unfair trade practices, “I would certainly start taxing goods that come in from China.”
Not that many new jobsWe have a natural experiment about the effect of Chinese tariffs. In 2009, the US slapped China with a tariff of 35% on tires after the World Trade Organization ruled that China was overwhelming US tire manufacturers with an influx of subsidized imports. After tariffs went up, economists looked at the results (https://www.piie.com/publications/pb/pb12-9.pdf) (pdf), and found that while the US added 1,200 jobs, it cost US consumers $1.1 billion to purchase more expensive tires, for a cost per job of $900,000—little of which actually went to the workers themselves. China also retaliated by increasing duties on US chicken imports, which cost US exporters about $1 billion, and leading us to our next consequence:

fj1200
01-17-2016, 02:40 PM

Ayup.

For better or worse.

Usually worse.

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Part of it was here.

Muslims are not an ethnic group.

fj1200
01-17-2016, 02:47 PM
Muslims are not an ethnic group.

Any group can be demonized for political purposes. Do you think he has not engaged in some degree of demonization of any groups, ethnic or otherwise?

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Any group can be demonized for political purposes. Do you think he has not engaged in some degree of demonization of any groups, ethnic or otherwise?

Against Muslims yes. But I think much of that is warranted. And against Mexicans coming from Mexico. I don't know if that was warranted.

Abbey Marie
01-17-2016, 03:01 PM
I don't think he understands trade or China.

Trump is caught lying about his China tariff proposal—and it would hurt his supporters the most (http://qz.com/595618/trump-is-caught-lying-about-his-china-tariff-proposal-and-it-would-hurt-his-supporters-the-most/)

Please let us know how we would handle trade with China better than Trump would.

Abbey Marie
01-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Btw I just read (can't confirm) that Trump called Cruz a "very nasty guy", and threatened to sue him over the birth issue. If he goes down this road, he will alienate a lot of people.

NightTrain
01-17-2016, 03:21 PM
Part of it was here.

How on earth is a 15% corporate & small business tax going to fail? That in itself will massively boost our economy.

I'm not sure how far you had to dig to pull up that Hillary bootlicker, but here's what a bonafide Economist thinks about Trump's economic plan :

In September, Kudlow endorsed Trump's plan on Newsmax TV (http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/larry-kudlow-like-donald-trump-tax/2015/09/29/id/693948/), which would make major income tax cuts for the wealthy and allow those in lowest income brackets to be exempt from paying them at all, saying it's a "pro-growth" plan. "I really like Trump's plan," Kudlow told The Steve Malzberg Show in an interview. "One of the things I just love about it is the 15 percent corporate tax rate."
"Remember, China's is 25, so if you want to beat China, lower the corporate tax rate — and that's just what Donald Trump has done," Kudlow told The Steve Malzberg Show. "And by the way, small businesses ... would pay the same low 15% rate. That's one of the key features."

NightTrain
01-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Btw I just read (can't confirm) that Trump called Cruz a "very nasty guy", and threatened to sue him over the birth issue. If he goes down this road, he will alienate a lot of people.

Yeah, that is a concern to me. I know he's on the home stretch, but it's time to start bringing together the team.

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah, that is a concern to me. I know he's on the home stretch, but it's time to start bringing together the team.

I don't like the birther horseshit. But I can totally see Hillarys team playing it

PixieStix
01-17-2016, 03:52 PM

He did not say he would sue. He said the democrats would sue. In fact they have been talking of this for months.
https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/01/15/alan-grayson-explains-why-hell-sue-ted-cruz-over-presidential-eligibility/
If and when Alan Grayson files the suit. It would only serve to disrupt the Republican nomination process.

Alan Grayson is the same hack, that said that people who opposed obamacare wanted people to die.

Abbey Marie
01-17-2016, 03:55 PM
He did not say he would sue. He said the democrats would sue. In fact they have been talking of this for months.
https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/01/15/alan-grayson-explains-why-hell-sue-ted-cruz-over-presidential-eligibility/
If and when Alan Grayson files the suit. It would only serve to disrupt the Republican nomination process.

I hope you're right. If I find the article (it was on FB) I'll post it. Can't trust FB articles, which is why I said I couldn't confirm.

PixieStix
01-17-2016, 03:59 PM
I hope you're right. If I find the article (it was on FB) I'll post it. Can't trust FB articles, which is why I said I couldn't confirm.

facebook is also saying that Trump voted for Obama. :laugh:

But this issue was raised once before

Donald Trump did not start this. Look at the link I provide and see the date.

This is being addressed by Donald Trump on the heeels of this situation. The democrats want to sue if Ted Cruz wins the nomination leaving the win wide open to that criminal Hillary Clinton.

If people can't see the forest for the trees that the progressive liberals plant. I don't know what to tell you.

Donald Trump is simply stating the plan that the democrats have for the republican IF Cruz is the nominee. I hope that is clear to the Trump haters. He asks that Ted Cruz proves otherwise, so that the liberal crap doesn't have a chance

Alan Grayson says the following
"It’s resolved itself into this weird reality show,” he said, of the campaign race on the Republican side, Breitbart reported. “It’s not ‘The Biggest Loser’ that they’re choosing. It’s ‘The Biggest Bigot.’… Show me one who represents the exception here. In a sense I guess Cruz is not technically that way, because technically he’s not even an American.”

Colmes’ reply: “Well, his mother was born here so I guess like Obama, though it’s interesting to me the people who had a problem with … Obama’s birth certificate don’t have a problem with Ted Cruz, who literally was born in another country and renounced his Canadian citizenry.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/alan-grayson-dem-pitbull-ill-sue-ted-cruz/#sZEStexYiEqH5gVo.99

Alan Grayson goes full birther on Cruz in November. Say he will file a lawsuit if Cruz is picked as the nominee

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/261424-house-dem-threatens-to-file-suit-if-cruz-wins-nomination

Who's dirty tricks now? Thank you and try pay attention next time. Donald Trump hears this "dirty trick"and goes into action. Plain and simple

Abbey Marie
01-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Allan Grayson = :puke:

Abbey Marie
01-17-2016, 04:07 PM
facebook is also saying that Trump voted for Obama. :laugh:

But this issue was raised once before

Regardless of any who started it, who will sue, etc., Trump pushed it and perpetuated it big-time during the last debate. He is far from innocent in this.

PixieStix
01-17-2016, 04:13 PM
I think another question would be what harm would hillary continue on our nation as opposed to what Trump wants to do to take our country back from the globalists agenda

PixieStix
01-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Regardless of any who started it, who will sue, etc., Trump pushed it and perpetuated it big-time during the last debate. He is far from innocent in this.

I am not saying that he is "innocent" Let's shoot the messenger. He is trying to let us all know this could potentially be a huge issue come election time. I like Cruz. Just so we understand

But this issue is NOT going away, and it wasn't going to. It is better that we know what the democrats are up to. The democrats like to hide in the shadows This has been one of our problems for years. We allow the democrats to get away with stuff, but not addressing those things that they do. Just my humble opinion

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/01/ted-cruz-birther-lawsuit-filed-texas

Black Diamond
01-17-2016, 05:45 PM
I am not saying that he is "innocent" Let's shoot the messenger. He is trying to let us all know this could potentially be a huge issue come election time. I like Cruz. Just so we understand

But this issue is NOT going away, and it wasn't going to. It is better that we know what the democrats are up to. The democrats like to hide in the shadows This has been one of our problems for years. We allow the democrats to get away with stuff, but not addressing those things that they do. Just my humble opinion

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/01/ted-cruz-birther-lawsuit-filed-texas

Hillary will fight to the very end. Like she did last time.

Russ
01-17-2016, 05:46 PM

Amen, he's already getting me ticked just bringing it up, since Trump already stated that he would choose Cruz as his running mate if he gets the nomination. To me, stating the Cruz is qualified to be VP is the same as stating he is qualified to be Pres. Trump's obviously doing this birth issue thing just for self-serving political reasons.

Russ
01-17-2016, 05:51 PM

Alan Grayson is the same hack, that said that people who opposed obamacare wanted people to die.

Pixie, you're correct that that is what Trump said during the Republican debate, and during other speeches leading up to the debate. But I think he has added since then that he might sue. I've also read that there is some guy in Texas that is already sueing.

Abbey Marie
01-17-2016, 06:02 PM

No one is shooting the messenger.
By telling me that it's Allan Grayson, not Trump, it is very logical to conclude you see Trump as innocent of attacking Cruz on the issue. Whether or not Trump sues remains to be seen. What is not in question is that he is making a big issue of Cruz' eligibility now.

I am getting a bird's eye view of what happens here when someone supports or does not support Trump. My post was pretty tame, yet here I am being accused of shooting the messenger, laughed at for quoting a FB article, and told to "pay attention next time". And I am not even against Trump. WTH?

PixieStix
01-17-2016, 06:23 PM
No one is shooting the messenger.
By telling me that it's Allan Grayson, not Trump, it is very logical to conclude you see Trump as innocent of attacking Cruz on the issue. Whether or not Trump sues remains to be seen. What is not in question is that he is making a big issue of Cruz' eligibility now.

I am getting a bird's eye view of what happens here when someone supports or does not support Trump. My post was pretty tame, yet here I am being accused of shooting the messenger, laughed at for quoting a FB article, and told to "pay attention next time". And I am not even against Trump. WTH?

I did not mean you were shooting the messenger Abbey. I apologize that it seemed that way. My post that I copied and pasted was from another thread and not directed at you at all. I should have made that clear

PixieStix
01-17-2016, 06:26 PM
Pixie, you're correct that that is what Trump said during the Republican debate, and during other speeches leading up to the debate. But I think he has added since then that he might sue. I've also read that there is some guy in Texas that is already sueing.

I have found no evidence of him saying that HE would sue, except by a liberal rag with no evidence of the so called threat to sue. I did see the interview that claims he said this. But in the interview, he did not. The "nasty" remark was there, however

fj1200
01-18-2016, 11:20 AM
Please let us know how we would handle trade with China better than Trump would.

Given the information I posted I think doing nothing is better than how trump would do it. The problem with China is not of China's doing, it is of our own doing by having an awful corporate tax policy. Only we can fix that.

How on earth is a 15% corporate & small business tax going to fail? That in itself will massively boost our economy.

I'm not sure how far you had to dig to pull up that Hillary bootlicker, but here's what a bonafide Economist thinks about Trump's economic plan :

I didn't have to look far to find negative things about his trade plan but your link references his tax plan. I like his tax plan as I've stated before and I also love Kudlow. I hear he's thinking of running for Senate in Connecticut. But I agree, his tax plan would be a boost to our economy and make the necessity for a tougher trade stance unnecessary. Protectionist policies that raise costs for American consumers is not a small government position.

But since you like Kudlow:

Why Trump’s protectionist ways will hurt the economy (http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/26/why-trumps-protectionist-ways-will-hurt-the-economy-commentary.html)
Here's a historical fact that Donald Trump (http://www.cnbc.com/donald-trump/), and many voters attracted to him, may not know: The last American president who was a trade protectionist was Republican Herbert Hoover.
Does Trump aspire to be a 21st century Hoover with a modernized platform of the 1930 Smoot-Hawley tariff that helped send the U.S. and world economy into a decade-long depression and a collapse of the banking system?

Abbey Marie
01-18-2016, 11:41 AM
I'm watching Trump speak at Liberty University right now. I have to say, he is doing a very good job.

Gunny
01-18-2016, 11:45 AM

The Carter Administration. Then the Obama administration. Carter was an independent who ran as a Democrat and never had the full backing of the DNC and Dems in Congress. Same with Trump. The GOP is gritting their teeth about him.

So he'll resort to ruling by Executive Orders. Same thing we got now. Ice cream is ice cream, no matter what flavor you make it.

aboutime
01-18-2016, 01:33 PM
All of us have to know. Each of the present Republican candidates still running ARE...BY FAR, More qualified to be President, and become our FIRST REAL LEADER in 8 years....than HILLARY, BERNIE, and the USELESS OBAMA.

So. If you hate Trump, or any of the others. ARE YOU willing to accept Hillary over them???

If you are. Enjoy more of the Obama destruction of America.

glockmail
01-18-2016, 01:35 PM
I was talking to a friend of mine about Trump the other day, and her response was "he's an arrogant asshole". I told her that I think America can use an arrogant asshole in charge right about now. :laugh:

aboutime
01-18-2016, 01:41 PM
I was talking to a friend of mine about Trump the other day, and her response was "he's an arrogant asshole". I told her that I think America can use an arrogant asshole in charge right about now. :laugh:

glockmail. Exactly what our country NEEDS most today. Arrogant A-Holes who aren't afraid to speak TRUTH.

Unlike our present WUSS-IN-CHIEF, with his SECSTATE WUSS Kerry.

We need another Theodore Roosevelt to save us all from the Damage of Obama. We need Trump, or any of the other candidates to step forward......Like Teddy Roosevelt did...
"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick," which was later to become a trademark description of Theodore Roosevelt's foreign policy.

Drummond
01-18-2016, 02:08 PM

FJ, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that you're going for the 'insane' tag ...

You also said that Wilson was a fascist (.. and, sure, Fascism has its roots in Communism ..). Woodrow Wilson, FJ, was an old-style Leftie who predated the likes of Martin Luther-King, and the PC stuff that the Left has made its own from those days onwards.

What the Left had in Wilson, I suggest, was a more honest, more representative version of what Leftieism was really all about. Not PC .. but nonetheless, with no interest in sticking up for America in ways that really counted.

What you imply in your '1914' example is inaction in the face of a threat. Who here believes that Trump would dither for even one day, much less three years ??? If anything's clear, Trump would be extremely tough on enemies of America. And he'll do it, FJ, in a way that you'll HATE ...

You called Wilson a Fascist ... because he shows the truth about your side, he's a non-PC reminder of the Leftie reality, an embarrassment in propaganda terms. But what he was NOT is any version of Trump.

You might like to paint him as one. But then, FJ, this would suit any modern-day Leftie agenda, from any Leftie seeking to jettison the Left's past.

aboutime
01-18-2016, 03:22 PM
FJ, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that you're going for the 'insane' tag ...

You also said that Wilson was a fascist (.. and, sure, Fascism has its roots in Communism ..). Woodrow Wilson, FJ, was an old-style Leftie who predated the likes of Martin Luther-King, and the PC stuff that the Left has made its own from those days onwards.

What the Left had in Wilson, I suggest, was a more honest, more representative version of what Leftieism was really all about. Not PC .. but nonetheless, with no interest in sticking up for America in ways that really counted.

What you imply in your '1914' example is inaction in the face of a threat. Who here believes that Trump would dither for even one day, much less three years ??? If anything's clear, Trump would be extremely tough on enemies of America. And he'll do it, FJ, in a way that you'll HATE ...

You called Wilson a Fascist ... because he shows the truth about your side, he's a non-PC reminder of the Leftie reality, an embarrassment in propaganda terms. But what he was NOT is any version of Trump.

You might like to paint him as one. But then, FJ, this would suit any modern-day Leftie agenda, from any Leftie seeking to jettison the Left's past.

Sir Drummond. Let's see how fj feels about History, and a man called Neville Chamberlain. Maybe fj could tell us how Wilson listened, and even believed Chamberlain????

fj1200
01-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Against Muslims yes. But I think much of that is warranted. And against Mexicans coming from Mexico. I don't know if that was warranted.

So we can at least agree on a little of Wilson then? :poke:

fj1200
01-18-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm watching Trump speak at Liberty University right now. I have to say, he is doing a very good job.

I heard something about him saying 2 Corinthians vs 2nd Corinthians. :confused: Is that really a thing to be argued over?

fj1200
01-18-2016, 04:16 PM
... because he shows the truth about your side...

Would you like to have a reasoned discussion or do you just want to be an ignorant fool?

Gunny
01-18-2016, 04:25 PM

Got news for you ... while everyone likes to blame Hoover for the stock market crash, it was actually Coolidge's administration that created that fiasco, and contrary to another popular myth, Roosevelt's programs prolonged the Depression. WWII is what got us out of it.

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 04:26 PM
So we can at least agree on a little of Wilson then? :poke:

A little but Wilson hated blacks because they were black. Trump believes Mexicans coming over the border are released by Mexico the way prisoners and criminals were released from cuba in the 1980s.

Gunny
01-18-2016, 04:28 PM

It's a BS, below the belt lefty tactic. Nothing more nor less.

fj1200
01-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Got news for you ... while everyone likes to blame Hoover for the stock market crash, it was actually Coolidge's administration that created that fiasco, and contrary to another popular myth, Roosevelt's programs prolonged the Depression. WWII is what got us out of it.

It was all Hoover. Coolidge was the last truly conservative president we had. But you're right that the New Deal prolonged the GD.

A little but Wilson hated blacks because they were black. Trump believes Mexicans coming over the border are released by Mexico the way prisoners and criminals were released from cuba in the 1980s.

Wilson was an outright racist but he had quite the propaganda machine going against the Germans. Whatever the particulars he's got a bit of Wilson in him.

Gunny
01-18-2016, 04:30 PM

We've already got one. Look how well THAT's worked the last 7 years.

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 04:36 PM
It was all Hoover. Coolidge was the last truly conservative president we had. But you're right that the New Deal prolonged the GD.

Wilson was an outright racist but he had quite the propaganda machine going against the Germans. Whatever the particulars he's got a bit of Wilson in him.
The propaganda machine part I can see

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 04:37 PM

Of it means we can get rid of what Obama has done it may be worth it

Gunny
01-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Of it means we can get rid of what Obama has done it may be worth it

NOBODY is going to just rid of what Obama has done. He's created a mess that's going to take a decade or more to undo; which, would require a concerted effort by the US citizens AND the government. That hasn't happened since WWII.

aboutime
01-18-2016, 05:11 PM

The one we have had for the last 7 years is truly a coward, a wuss, and liar. Which one would you feel better calling the CIC if you were still in uniform?? I'd take a Trump over Obummer, and Bubba Clinton anytime.

Gunny
01-18-2016, 05:17 PM
The one we have had for the last 7 years is truly a coward, a wuss, and liar. Which one would you feel better calling the CIC if you were still in uniform?? I'd take a Trump over Obummer, and Bubba Clinton anytime.

Cruz, Rubio or Carson.

aboutime
01-18-2016, 09:47 PM
Cruz, Rubio or Carson.

Gunny. Those would probably be my choices as well. But I'm kind of a Pragmatist, and know...there's always a possibility Trump could pull another Obama kind of upset. I always remind myself how terribly Uninformed, and Uneducated a large majority of the American people really are. SO...anything can happen.

OR.....would you rather have this?....
http://youtu.be/_quZpOZTrPE

glockmail
01-19-2016, 11:54 AM
We've already got one. Look how well THAT's worked the last 7 years. It worked very well if you agree with his agenda.

Kathianne
01-19-2016, 12:08 PM
It worked very well if you agree with his agenda.My point all along, it's not the principles that matter, it's the agenda they want followed.

Abbey Marie
01-19-2016, 01:49 PM
I heard something about him saying 2 Corinthians vs 2nd Corinthians. :confused: Is that really a thing to be argued over?

I heard him say "2 Corinthians". I did not hear any arguing over it.

It did remind me a bit of when Paris Hilton was interviewed by Larry King post her jail release, She said she enjoyed reading the Bible in jail, so King asked her what was her favorite verse.

After a deer in the headlights pause, she said, "I like them all". :laugh2:

fj1200
01-19-2016, 02:21 PM
I heard him say "2 Corinthians". I did not hear any arguing over it.

It did remind me a bit of when Paris Hilton was interviewed by Larry King post her jail release, She said she enjoyed reading the Bible in jail, so King asked her what was her favorite verse.

After a deer in the headlights pause, she said, "I like them all". :laugh2:

Rush mentioned it. Apparently there was tittering in the audience.

fj1200
01-19-2016, 02:22 PM
... it was actually Coolidge's administration that created that fiasco...

I am interested in why you blame Coolidge.