PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather Epic

indago
01-17-2016, 09:11 AM
The Godfather Epic is on HBO today. As I recall, the Epic is Godfather I and Godfather II rearranged so that it begins at the beginning and runs consecutive sequences to the end. It will run for several hours, for those interested.

NightTrain
01-17-2016, 10:13 AM
You know, I tried to subscribe to HBO over the internet and finally gave up.

For some insane reason, they set it up so that you have to download an app to your cellphone, then link the app on your phone to your computer, then use your computer to stream to your TV.

You can do this through an Apple app, or go through Amazon to do the same thing. Or buy Google streaming software and then pay the HBO subscription in addition.

Why in the hell would I want to clutter up my phone and involve it in a complex linking of devices and software when any reasonable person would simply let you add HBO to your Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu account? Showtime and Starz already do this.

So instead of doing things the right way and trying to coerce me to involve my phone into a complicated streaming service, they forced me to pirate the HBO shows I want to watch. For free. My conscious is clear.

I suppose I'll have to look for this Godfather epic in my usual nefarious way of watching HBO.

indago
03-20-2016, 08:19 AM
On again tonight...

The Godfather Epic

A compilation of ``The Godfather,'' 1972, and ``The Godfather, Part II,'' '74, follows a crime boss and his heir.
HD CC
9:00 - 4:05 AM HBO Sig HD (268)

Gunny
03-20-2016, 08:42 AM
On again tonight...

The Godfather Epic

A compilation of ``The Godfather,'' 1972, and ``The Godfather, Part II,'' '74, follows a crime boss and his heir.
HD CC
9:00 - 4:05 AM HBO Sig HD (268)

Ever considered what you're paying for? I watched that on AMC. And after part 2 it sucks anyway. So you're paying for a premium channel that shows re-runs. I HATE cable tv, for the unadvised. It's everything it promised it wasn't.

The Weather Channel doesn't show the weather anymore. Headline News doesn't show any real news any. Fox and Friends is an insult to a 3nd grader's intelligence. MTV hasn't shown a video in 20 years. HBO and Cinemax show crap you can buy in the $5 bin at WalMart.

Typical scam. Suck you in. You pay this much and you get no commercials. Shit, if they would get rid of the pharmaceutical companies and class action law suits that might work. TV was better when we had 3 channels and few locals.

indago
03-20-2016, 03:58 PM
I HATE cable tv...

That's the beauty of choice: you don't have to if you don't want to...

Gunny
03-20-2016, 04:03 PM
That's the beauty of choice: you don't have to if you don't want to...

Was just a question. When I went to Oki the first time, we didn't have cable TV. When I came back, we did. I think I stared at it for 24 hours straight. But I never forgot their selling points they don't live up to anymore.

And I've had a bunch of different cable providers from one end of this country to the other. Comcast is the absolute worst.

indago
03-22-2016, 11:08 PM
I watched some segments of The Godfather Epic and it looks like some scenes that have been deleted from the general movies are put back into the Epic. Kind of fills in the story line somewhat.

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 11:10 PM
I watched some segments of The Godfather Epic and it looks like some scenes that have been deleted from the general movies are put back into the Epic. Kind of fills in the story line somewhat.

I still have the complete epic 1902-1959 on vhs. All 7.5 hours. It's in chronological order. So I have never seen godfather 2 on its own. :cool:

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 11:11 PM
The Godfather Epic is on HBO today. As I recall, the Epic is Godfather I and Godfather II rearranged so that it begins at the beginning and runs consecutive sequences to the end. It will run for several hours, for those interested.

Lol. I believe what you are recalling is what I own.