PDA

View Full Version : Today is Bro Day

Gunny
01-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Good thing I turned on the tube or I'd have missed it.

In honor of bro day, I think I'll have fried chicken and watermelon for dinner. :laugh2:

Perianne
01-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Good thing I turned on the tube or I'd have missed it.

In honor of bro day, I think I'll have fried chicken and watermelon for dinner. :laugh2:

And colored greens. :)

Gunny
01-18-2016, 05:45 PM
And colored greens. :)

That would be collard greens and I actually love them. What most people don't get when they don't live here, is poor Southern whites eat the same things poor Southern blacks do. I love catfish and huspuppies, homemade cornbread, snap beans from the farmer's market, fried chicken (NOT commercially fried chicken -- Grandma's), country fried steak, fried okra, gumbo ... homemade biscuits and gravy ...

Damn, now I'm hungry. :laugh:

Perianne
01-18-2016, 05:50 PM
That would be collard greens and I actually love them. What most people don't get when they don't live here, is poor Southern whites eat the same things poor Southern blacks do. I love catfish and huspuppies, homemade cornbread, snap beans from the farmer's market, fried chicken (NOT commercially fried chicken -- Grandma's), country fried steak, fried okra, gumbo ... homemade biscuits and gravy ...

Michael Scott disagrees with you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_DfrN_pBbs

Gunny
01-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Michael Scott disagrees with you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_DfrN_pBbs

Who?

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Who?

Houston Astros pitcher. 300 strikeouts in 1986 :)

Gunny
01-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Houston Astros pitcher. 300 strikeouts in 1986 :)

I HATE the Astros. They always get just right there and the bottom falls out. Every damned time.

Perianne
01-18-2016, 06:22 PM
MLK day. He achieved what he wanted to achieve. If a black is better than anyone else, the black gets the position. We even got one for president.

Gunny
01-18-2016, 06:30 PM
MLK day. He achieved what he wanted to achieve. If a black is better than anyone else, the black gets the position. We even got one for president.

Yeah. Except Obama grew up white. He's as much white as he is black.

MLK's achievement was to get killed. Otherwise he was just another trouble making rabble-rouser. He's the one that made it just fine and dandy for blacks to burn and loot and riot in the name of something they can't even spell.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-18-2016, 10:23 PM

Made me hongry!! True Dat, poor whites ate just about same as did poor blacks.
Nobody makes better biscuits and gravy that the old, really old SOUTHERN LADIES DID.
My grandmother even out did my mom in that . And cornbread, fried taters (thick cut),cornbread and pinto beans, thick slice of fresh onion, tomato slices and a large glass of iced tea- a SOUTHERN MAN WAS SET TO GO. -Tyr

PixieStix
01-19-2016, 05:49 AM
Nobody makes better biscuits and gravy that the old, really old SOUTHERN LADIES DID.
My grandmother even out did my mom in that . And cornbread, fried taters (thick cut),cornbread and pinto beans, thick slice of fresh onion, tomato slices and a large glass of iced tea- a SOUTHERN MAN WAS SET TO GO. -Tyr

My Grandma taught me how to make the best cornbread in the world. A person should never try to make cornbread without an iron skillet. I make gravy biscuits everything you mentioned. I was taught by the best. I am not from the deep south. WV to be exact.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-19-2016, 06:10 AM
My Grandma taught me how to make the best cornbread in the world. A person should never try to make cornbread without an iron skillet. I make gravy biscuits everything you mentioned. I was taught by the best. I am not from the deep south. WV to be exact.

I have no doubt but that you were taught very well (grandma's tend to do that) and that you make fantastic cornbread!
However, I'd have to taste that cornbread before I'd agree it was better than my grandma made on her wood stove and in her cast iron skillet..
But to be sure, it would take a lot of taste testing, could you Fed-ex me some once a week for about 4 years. :coffee: ;)--Tyr

Gunny
01-19-2016, 09:02 AM

Too bad grandma's have to die. I've NEVER had food like she can cook. We'd have ham one day, and the next she put on a mess of pinto's and throw that ham bone in and cook them all day. Fry up some cornbread and we had dinner set and ready.

My mom cooks out of a book. :(

indago
01-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Too bad grandma's have to die. I've NEVER had food like she can cook. We'd have ham one day, and the next she put on a mess of pinto's and throw that ham bone in and cook them all day. Fry up some cornbread and we had dinner set and ready.

My mom cooks out of a book. :(

Damn! I can almost smell the fixin's...

Gunny
01-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Damn! I can almost smell the fixin's...

I know. I keep making myself hungry as Hell. :laugh:

namvet
01-19-2016, 07:29 PM
http://dailyvenusdiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/oprah.jpeg

don't forget okra

aboutime
01-19-2016, 08:03 PM

don't forget okra

I thought it was BRO day...not HO day!!!:laugh::laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-19-2016, 08:38 PM

don't forget okra

okra???? man you kill me... :laugh::laugh::laugh: :beer: :beer: , your contempt is duly note..

Don't remind me of that obama supporting piece of human shat.
I had her show banned from any television set in my home back when the fools all raved about her sorry ass.
Just another filthy rich , do-good pretender..
White women went gaga over her like she was the best thing since sliced bread--it was sickening to me and told plenty of the fools about it too. --Tyr