PDA

View Full Version : Marco Rubio

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 09:59 PM
This guy has the best chance at beating Hillary Clinton.

But I doubt he will reverse much of what Obama has done.

Abbey Marie
01-18-2016, 10:21 PM
I totally agree that he has the best chance of winning the election. I am not as sure as you that he won't do better than Obama.

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 10:32 PM
I totally agree that he has the best chance of winning the election. I am not as sure as you that he won't do better than Obama.

Better? Absolutely. Better enough? I have my doubts.

Abbey Marie
01-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Better? Absolutely. Better enough? I have my doubts.

I will happily settle for merely better. Instead of a Dem

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 10:39 PM
I will happily settle for merely better. Instead of a Dem

After Omnibus, I am so frustrated with establishment..

Why should I believe he will not leave things as they are?

Abbey Marie
01-18-2016, 10:41 PM
After Omnibus, I am so frustrated with establishment..

Why should I believe he will not leave things as they are?

Well, you just said, "better, absolutely." If they are left how they are, how is that better?

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 10:41 PM
I'll vote for the Republican nominee. But I don't know about voting strategically.

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Well, you just said, "better, absolutely." If they are left how they are, how is that better?

Because Hillary could do more damage to foreign affairs. Rubio could very well leave Obamacare in place and keep increasing national debt, etc etc.

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 10:52 PM
Here's my concern: Hillary will make things worse. Rubio will keep them as they are.

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 10:55 PM
I am voting for Rubio if he's the nominee. But should I really nominate him simply because he has the best chance at winning general.

Russ
01-18-2016, 11:19 PM
This guy has the best chance at beating Hillary Clinton.

But I doubt he will reverse much of what Obama has done.

I agree that he has the best chance of beating Hillary. And I think he could easily reverse a lot of what Obama has done. Since much of what Obama has done has been with "executive action", the next President could reverse all of those executive actions during his first day in office, just by executive actions of his/her own reversing them. The difficult things to reverse would of course be: 1) Obamacare, 2) the Iran treaty, 3) putting all the the Al Quaida terrorist back into Gitmo after Obama let them all go.

Black Diamond
01-18-2016, 11:22 PM
I agree that he has the best chance of beating Hillary. And I think he could easily reverse a lot of what Obama has done. Since much of what Obama has done has been with "executive action", the next President could reverse all of those executive actions during his first day in office, just by executive actions of his/her own reversing them. The difficult things to reverse would of course be: 1) Obamacare, 2) the Iran treaty, 3) putting all the the Al Quaida terrorist back into Gitmo after Obama let them all go.

What about the spending? His not voting on Omnibus is worse than voting for it.

PixieStix
01-19-2016, 05:36 AM
I am voting for Rubio if he's the nominee. But should I really nominate him simply because he has the best chance at winning general.

I think all we can do is vote our conscience.

Russ
01-19-2016, 08:41 PM

You raise a good point - I would just put it the other way around: don't vote for someone that has no chance of winning. Vote for the person you like best that, in your opinion, has a reasonable chance of winning overall. For example, don't vote for Jim Gilmore no matter how great you might think he is. ;)