PDA

View Full Version : Who's Saying 'Don't Give Federal Lands Back To The States?'

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 11:05 AM
'Don't let any drilling or fracking on federal lands, there's plenty of oil?'

Trump comes out against letting states manage federal lands? twitchy.com (http://twitchy.com/2016/01/22/donald-trump-at-the-shotshow-dont-give-federal-lands-to-the-states-to-manage/)

Yep, he even equates federal lands return to state control to erosion of second amendment.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2016, 11:14 AM

Trump comes out against letting states manage federal lands? twitchy.com (http://twitchy.com/2016/01/22/donald-trump-at-the-shotshow-dont-give-federal-lands-to-the-states-to-manage/)

Yep, he even equates federal lands return to state control to erosion of second amendment.

I suppose I am suddenly not conservative since I agree with Trump in that the land should only be given back to states under certain restrictions such as it can not be sold to foreign= nations/governments/investors. And each state must keep a certain percentage as state reserves for management, game /hunting etc. YOU'LL NOTICE THAT TRUMP MENTIONED HUNTING--WE CONSERVATIVES LOVE OUR GUNS AND HUNTING!
Always more to that BIG issue than can be answered in such an interview as Trump was then engaged in IMHO.--TYR

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Hmm, mentioned who's and who's not conservative where? False charges indeed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Hmm, mentioned who's and who's not conservative where? False charges indeed.

My comment did not mentioned that anybody here did. It merely noted that Trump supporters are being charged by the media, dems/libs , etc as not being conservative if they support TRUMP MY FRIEND.
IF I EVER MAKE A CHARGE HERE AGAINST ANY MEMBER I NAME THAT PERSON. As I am never shy..
Just want to clear that up, as my comment was to the general reader and not directed at you or making any accusation against any member here.
We'd all be better off if we remembered that doesn't matter which Republican gets the nomination, the true enemy that needs to be(must be) vanquished has a D by their name. Just sayin'--Tyr

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Well until the Constitution is amended to some being able to order others whom to vote for, I guess I still get to chose whom I vote for.

NightTrain
01-23-2016, 11:32 AM

That's not what he said. At all.

Later in the interview, Trump seemed to signal that we shouldn’t allow oil and gas companies to drill any new wells on federally-controlled lands because there’s already “so much energy”:

Trump actually said :

Well, I’m very much into energy, and I’m very much into fracking and drilling, and we never want to be hostage again to OPEC and go back to where we were. And right now, we’re at a very interesting point because right now there’s so much energy.

Not once did he say he was against oil development on Fed land. He said there isn't a need to be drilling and fracking right now, because there's a massive overstock of oil worldwide right now as everyone knows. That overstock is going to grow massively very soon, as Iran gets busy selling oil to get cash flow and going head-to-head with Saudi Arabia as they try to bankrupt each other.

The twisting of what he said by Twitchy irks me... and it's not the first time they've done it to deliver a cheap shot by misrepresentation.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Well until the Constitution is amended to some being able to order others whom to vote for, I guess I still get to chose whom I vote for.

Nobody will order me who to vote for and I would not dare to order anybody else.
I say whomever you choose is your business my friend, even if it was somebody I did not choose. In fact, I haven.t a clue who you support.
I do however, know that you do not support Trump and that is your right. I have not a single problem with your choice not to support Trump.
My oldest brother hates Trump, as he is solidly sold on Cruz.
I tell him the same thing as I say here to anybody about my choice, which is- you vote your man I'll vote for mine.
I understand the Constitution and our rights quite well./--Tyr

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 11:44 AM
That's not what he said. At all.

Trump actually said :

Not once did he say he was against oil development on Fed land. He said there isn't a need to be drilling and fracking right now, because there's a massive overstock of oil worldwide right now as everyone knows. That overstock is going to grow massively very soon, as Iran gets busy selling oil to get cash flow and going head-to-head with Saudi Arabia as they try to bankrupt each other.

The twisting of what he said by Twitchy irks me... and it's not the first time they've done it to deliver a cheap shot by misrepresentation.

From the interview: http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2016/01/qa-donald-trump-on-guns-hunting-and-conservation

A new way to use the EPA? Hmmm...

AL: Absolutely. How would you balance energy exploration and extraction on public lands? How would you balance that with the need for recreation and multiple use? Right now, gas prices are low, but they might not stay that way.

DT: Well, I’m very much into energy, and I’m very much into fracking and drilling, and we never want to be hostage again to OPEC and go back to where we were. And right now, we’re at a very interesting point because right now there’s so much energy. And I’ve always said it—there’s so much energy. And new technology has found that. And maybe that’s an advantage and maybe—actually, it’s more of an advantage in terms of your question, because we don’t have to do the kind of drilling that we did. But I am for energy exploration, as long as we don’t do anything to damage the land. And right now we don’t need too much; there’s a lot of energy.

LongTermGuy
01-23-2016, 11:47 AM
"My oldest brother hates Trump, as he is solidly sold on Cruz.
I tell him the same thing as I say here to anybody about my choice, which is- you vote your man I'll vote for mine.
I understand the Constitution and our rights quite well./--Tyr

:clap::clap::clap:

Simple enough...and agree...then we will have some say "Look how stupid these people are" voting for this guy or that guy....:laugh:
***Keep the election fair..."clean"....and..(no dead people and illegals should be allowed to vote)...

Then wait and let the "American" people decide...

NightTrain
01-23-2016, 11:49 AM
With regard to Fed Land vs. State Land, however, the Feds own far too much land.

Yes, there should be Fed land owned in every state as it relates to National Security - the military needs their bases and training grounds and they should have more than they need. But what they have now is crazy.

Take a look at the Fed - owned land from the article :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8287&stc=1

You can plainly see that originally the intent was to give the vast majority of ownership to the States as the USA expanded westward. Somewhere along the line, though, that idea clearly was radically changed. AK is the 49th State, and the overwhelming majority belongs to the Feds.

Really, if the Feds behaved themselves, I wouldn't care. However, the overreach by BLM, EPA and the NPS in the last 7 years has become atrocious here. They're writing rules to extend their powers by overzealous bureaucrats pushing their own agendas and aren't accountable to anyone except their co-workers with the same agenda : prevent use by State Residents and try at every turn to stop any kind of development.

This kind of thuggery is aided and abetted by every environmental group in the USA who gleefully file lawsuit after lawsuit and work hand-in-glove with the federal bureaucrats to stop any and all projects for any kind of ridiculous reason they can dream up.

The majority of Fed lands needs to be handed over to the States to be managed by we that live here - not by a God Damn hippie activist from Connecticut that has no dog in the fight.

NightTrain
01-23-2016, 11:50 AM
From the interview: http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2016/01/qa-donald-trump-on-guns-hunting-and-conservation

A new way to use the EPA? Hmmm...

Cool. I read it, too.

Can you point out where he said he doesn't think there should be oil activity on Fed lands?

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Responding to NT's comment on the management by the feds, they control much of the water and in the West, that's a huge deal.

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Cool. I read it, too.

Can you point out where he said he doesn't think there should be oil activity on Fed lands?

He is now a politician, no? I read and make my own conclusions. Don't take anything at face value, but do use what they've said and done in the past.

NightTrain
01-23-2016, 12:00 PM
He is now a politician, no? I read and make my own conclusions. Don't take anything at face value, but do use what they've said and done in the past.

To quote PsychoBabble : I can dig it.

But he never said anything like what Twitchy claimed he did. Yeah, they paraphrased Trump - but clearly twisted what he said for a cheap shot.

Trump did not say that he's against fracking on Fed land. Truth.

What Trump said is that when it's done, it has to be done responsibly. No reasonable person would disagree with that statement.

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 12:08 PM
To quote PsychoBabble : I can dig it.

But he never said anything like what Twitchy claimed he did. Yeah, they paraphrased Trump - but clearly twisted what he said for a cheap shot.

Trump did not say that he's against fracking on Fed land. Truth.

What Trump said is that when it's done, it has to be done responsibly. No reasonable person would disagree with that statement.

Actually you too are paraphrasing now, just in the direction you assume he'd go. I gave the direct quote, the word 'responsible' seems to be missing. What he said was 'anything that damaged the land.'

NightTrain
01-23-2016, 12:13 PM
Actually you too are paraphrasing now, just in the direction you assume he'd go. I gave the direct quote, the word 'responsible' seems to be missing. What he said was 'anything that damaged the land.'

I see.

So, I'm missing the connection here.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that by fracking in a manner that doesn't damage that land, that he is against fracking on Fed lands?

Kathianne
01-23-2016, 12:52 PM
I see.

So, I'm missing the connection here.

How did you arrive at the conclusion that by fracking in a manner that doesn't damage that land, that he is against fracking on Fed lands?

It's not just fracking, it's control. That's my opinion and again the opening for more EPA muscle.

NightTrain
01-23-2016, 01:40 PM
It's not just fracking, it's control. That's my opinion and again the opening for more EPA muscle.

Well, Kathi, you have the right to your beliefs, as always.

But here's what Trump thinks of the EPA :

“Environmental Protection, what they do is a disgrace,” Trump said, according to (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2015-10-18/trump-blasts-environmental-protection-agency) Bloomberg. “Every week they come out with new regulations.”

Wallace pushed back, asking Trump who will protect the environment without the EPA. Trump responded, saying, “We’ll be fine with the environment. We can leave a little bit, but you can’t destroy businesses.”

Gunny
01-23-2016, 01:52 PM
My comment did not mentioned that anybody here did. It merely noted that Trump supporters are being charged by the media, dems/libs , etc as not being conservative if they support TRUMP MY FRIEND.
IF I EVER MAKE A CHARGE HERE AGAINST ANY MEMBER I NAME THAT PERSON. As I am never shy..
Just want to clear that up, as my comment was to the general reader and not directed at you or making any accusation against any member here.
We'd all be better off if we remembered that doesn't matter which Republican gets the nomination, the true enemy that needs to be(must be) vanquished has a D by their name. Just sayin'--Tyr

No. What "we" are saying is that Trump is not a conservative.

NightTrain
01-23-2016, 02:06 PM
No. What "we" are saying is that Trump is not a conservative.

I'll bite.

Why isn't he a conservative?