PDA

View Full Version : Did You See The Video Of The Cop Called About Kids Playing Basketball?

Kathianne
01-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Some doofus complained about the noise the kids were making at around 5 in the afternoon. The cop starting playing ball with them, his car video caught the game. He said he was going to let 'kids be kids.' He said that he might bring some other cops back to play later.

Well the video went viral, guess who caught it? Very cool!

http://abc7chicago.com/society/shaq-surprises-kids-in-viral-video-basketball-rematch/1172156/

SHAQ SURPRISES KIDS IN VIRAL VIDEO BASKETBALL REMATCH
<time class="timeago" datetime="2016-01-24T15:31:18Z" title="Sunday, January 24, 2016 09:31AM" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: border-box;">Sunday, January 24, 2016 09:31AM</time>
GAINESVILLE, FL --
Some kids in Florida who were in a viral video last week got a special visitor to their basketball court on Saturday.

You might remember on Thursday night (http://abc13.com/1169102) when we posted the video of Gainesville PD Officer Bobby White responding to a call about kids basketball 'loudly.' When he got there, he told the kids he had no problem with what was going on and even joined in the game, all caught on dash cam.

As he was leaving, Officer White told the kids that he might come back for a rematch and would bring some officers with him. Well, he made good on that promise, but brought a ringer along, too! Former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal came out with the officers to join in the game.

Perianne
01-25-2016, 03:46 AM
You mean the cops didn't open up and shoot all the kids like the "Protect and Serve" thread insinuates? :)

I work the midnight shift and sometimes find it difficult to sleep during the day related to the neighbor's kids playing and the neighbors talking loudly. But I understand that it's just the way it is. Kids have to have some time to play and the accepted time for the rest of the world is during the day....when I am trying to sleep.

I guess it was a nice thing the cop did much to the chagrin of the neighbors, but now the cop has encouraged more loud play from the kids.

darin
01-25-2016, 04:46 AM
Good deal. Kids should play as loud as they are within normal playing hours.

Perianne
01-25-2016, 04:48 AM
Good deal. Kids should play as loud as they are within normal playing hours.

I never think loud is a good idea, but I understand what you are saying. Let's let kids be kids.

darin
01-25-2016, 07:01 AM
I am opposed to neighborhoods in general, and I appreciate people being respectful...but this is kids being silly at worst. :-/

Country life for me. After I move that is.