PDA

View Full Version : Trump May Skip Fox Debate for Own Town Hall

jimnyc
01-25-2016, 07:23 AM
So he'll drop out, that should be his loss, correct? More air time for the other candidates on the debate stage, correct? Not sure if he'll follow through though. Would be interesting to see how much the ratings change without him, and how much attention his own event would garner.

-----

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump might skip Thursday's debate on Fox News Channel and hold his own televised town hall at the same time if the network doesn't drop Megyn Kelly from its team of moderators, his campaign manager tells New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman.

Trump has been calling on Fox News to drop Kelly, who is scheduled to moderate with two other Fox anchors, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier. The trio moderated the first GOP debate of the season, in which Kelly and Trump sparred over a question about his treatment of women.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-megyn-kelly-skip/2016/01/24/id/710694/

NightTrain
01-25-2016, 07:47 AM
Skipping the debate will hurt him... that's a bad move.

If it comes down to it, I think they'll replace Kelly with someone else.

jimnyc
01-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Skipping the debate will hurt him... that's a bad move.

If it comes down to it, I think they'll replace Kelly with someone else.

I think if anything it would hurt him, as in making him look petty. But I don't think it would hurt him in the polls. I actually don't think Fox wants to look weak and swap her out. I think Trump ends up appearing, and this is likely more of an idle threat. Then again, Fox has the most to gain here with large ratings.

Perianne
01-25-2016, 07:52 AM
So he'll drop out, that should be his loss, correct? More air time for the other candidates on the debate stage, correct? Not sure if he'll follow through though. Would be interesting to see how much the ratings change without him, and how much attention his own event would garner.

-----

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump might skip Thursday's debate on Fox News Channel and hold his own televised town hall at the same time if the network doesn't drop Megyn Kelly from its team of moderators, his campaign manager tells New York magazine's Gabriel Sherman.

Trump has been calling on Fox News to drop Kelly, who is scheduled to moderate with two other Fox anchors, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier. The trio moderated the first GOP debate of the season, in which Kelly and Trump sparred over a question about his treatment of women.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-megyn-kelly-skip/2016/01/24/id/710694/

Good for Trump. Megyn Kelly is a media ho and doesn't deserve to be a moderator after the way she botched the first one. I dislike her very much.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?51729-Megyn-Media-Ho&highlight=

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 07:55 AM
Good for Trump. Megyn Kelly is a media ho and doesn't deserve to be a moderator after the way she botched the first one. I dislike her very much.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?51729-Megyn-Media-Ho&highlight=

I cannot stand her....I refuse to watch her. She wants to be a female Bill Orielly. She always flares her nostrils. That is very weird. That is petty, I know. She is just UGH

Noir
01-25-2016, 07:56 AM
GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump might skip Thursday's debate on Fox News Channel and hold his own televised town hall at the same time if the network doesn't drop Megyn Kelly from its team of moderators

Must be a pretty big deal if he's threatening to go to these lengths.

in which Kelly and Trump sparred over a question about his treatment of women.

Oh :laugh:

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 07:56 AM
But I hope Trump changes his mind.

jimnyc
01-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Must be a pretty big deal if he's threatening to go to these lengths.

Oh :laugh:

What lengths? Not showing up somewhere and showing up somewhere else wouldn't be too difficult.

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 07:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9_LJj7A68

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:00 AM
I cannot stand her....I refuse to watch her. She wants to be a female Bill Orielly. She always flares her nostrils. That is very weird. That is petty, I know. She is just UGH

Did anyone see her reaction when National Review's Rich Lowry talked about Trump's private area? Watch her reaction (http://crooksandliars.com/2015/09/rich-lowry-tells-megan-kelly-carly-fiorina). She is like a school girl. And a bitch.

Noir
01-25-2016, 08:04 AM
What lengths? Not showing up somewhere and showing up somewhere else wouldn't be too difficult.

Actively avoiding a debate with your peers is a length by my book, and to do it over something so petty is a :laugh:

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Actively avoiding a debate with your peers is a length by my book, and to do it over something so petty is a :laugh:

I wouldn't go anywhere where Megyn Kelly was in charge. Except maybe to fight her and show her how it's done.

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Hey, you know what? I think I'll take that back. After seeing Megan Kelly act like an ass. I think it is incumbent on Fox, to make sure they have unbiased moderators. Megan Kelly hates Trump, and doesn't hide it. She should be replaced

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:08 AM
The best moderator from FOX would be Bill O'Reilly. He would ask tough questions.

jimnyc
01-25-2016, 08:09 AM

Debates are about the political issues, not personal issues. Other candidates didn't have personal questions asked of them. I don't want him avoiding the debate either - but I also think it should be fair. If they want to ask personal questions - that's cool - but do it for ALL or none.

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 08:11 AM
The best moderator from FOX would be Bill O'Reilly. He would ask tough questions.

They don't need 3 moderators anyway. Only one person asks a question at a time :thumb:

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:13 AM
They don't need 3 moderators anyway. Only one person asks a question at a time :thumb:

lol, funny and accurate!

jimnyc
01-25-2016, 08:13 AM
Hey, you know what? I think I'll take that back. After seeing Megan Kelly act like an ass. I think it is incumbent on Fox, to make sure they have unbiased moderators. Megan Kelly hates Trump, and doesn't hide it. She should be replaced

I have no issue with a replacement. My point is just that, obviously she doesn't like him. And even that's cool. But the questioning should be the same/similar.

Either way it doesn't matter. IF she does it again, he'll respond in kind to her - and his poll numbers will only increase. The attacks are not harming him. I think he should simply point out that he is there for a political debate and move forward. She'll lose this time, as she did last time.

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:15 AM
I have no issue with a replacement. My point is just that, obviously she doesn't like him. And even that's cool. But the questioning should be the same/similar.

Either way it doesn't matter. IF she does it again, he'll respond in kind to her - and his poll numbers will only increase. The attacks are not harming him. I think he should simply point out that he is there for a political debate and move forward. She'll lose this time, as she did last time.

We women can see the bitch in other women. Megyn Kelly is 1st rate bitch and media ho.

Noir
01-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Debates are about the political issues, not personal issues.

You don't think that sexism is a political issue?

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 08:16 AM

I know, it really pisses me off when they treat Trump differently. He has great ideas and they just want to bully him with their petty personal issues. They ask him the stupidest and petty condescending questions. And again, I cannot express the amount of disdain I have for Megan Kelly :lame2:

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:18 AM
You don't think that sexism is a political issue?

Not from a ho who has used her looks to get where she is.

Noir
01-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Not from a ho who has used her looks to get where she is.

Are we just throwing out derogatory statements for the luls here? Or are you aware of details of Megan Kelly's life that I am not?

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Are we just throwing out derogatory statements for the luls here? Or are you aware of details of Megan Kelly's life that I am not?

Yes.

Noir
01-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Yes.

Are you answering yes to both questions, or one?

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 08:29 AM
Are you answering yes to both questions, or one?

If you aren't a looker.....Fox News will not hire you. You must pas the test. It is obvious

Noir
01-25-2016, 08:33 AM
If you aren't a looker.....Fox News will not hire you. You must pas the test. It is obvious

So periannes comment "Not from a ho who has used her looks to get where she is." is directed at all women who work for Fox News and not Megan Kelly.

Drummond
01-25-2016, 09:36 AM

I agree with this. Someone pursuing a hate agenda can't possibly be seen as a worthy and acceptable 'moderator'. Surely the alternative is ridiculous ? And so far as I know, yes, I think Bill O'Reilly would do a great job.

One thing I can say about the last election we had in the UK .. everyone thought the election was too close to call. Everyone thought that each side had to do everything possible to score as much for its own side as possible. So, when David Cameron pulled out of one Leaders' debate, everyone thought, just as people here are saying now, that this couldn't help but be damaging.

In fact, apparently, it WASN'T. Cameron went on to win an overall majority that nobody predicted, until the BBC's own exit poll of election day itself, would or could happen.

I think that this might be instructive .... ? ....

Jeff
01-26-2016, 07:29 AM
Avoiding a debate with your piers is wrong I agree, but avoiding a witch hunt by someone looking to make a name for herself I can understand, When she attacks every candidate like she did Trump then I say all is fair, until then she shouldn't even be on the panel after how she showed us all what her agenda is already.

Noir
01-26-2016, 08:33 AM
Avoiding a debate with your piers is wrong I agree, but avoiding a witch hunt by someone looking to make a name for herself I can understand, When she attacks every candidate like she did Trump then I say all is fair, until then she shouldn't even be on the panel after how she showed us all what her agenda is already.

Quoting donald trump to himself is an "attack" and part of a "witch hunt"?

jimnyc
01-26-2016, 08:39 AM

Did they ask Clinton about her HUsband and blow jobs? She did discuss it in the past, and it took place in the WH, so it should be asked, correct?

Noir
01-26-2016, 08:53 AM
Did they ask Clinton about her HUsband and blow jobs? She did discuss it in the past, and it took place in the WH, so it should be asked, correct?

I don't see why it shouldn't be asked about.

Jeff
01-26-2016, 08:54 AM

I'm sorry I haven't heard anyone ask Hillary What difference does it make, look either have impartial folks on the panel or don't have it at all, it's that simple.

jimnyc
01-26-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry I haven't heard anyone ask Hillary What difference does it make, look either have impartial folks on the panel or don't have it at all, it's that simple.

At least Noir wouldn't mind seeing it on both sides, but we all know that will never happen. Hell, they don't even ask her that outside of the debates, I highly doubt they'll be asking on national TV.

Jeff
01-26-2016, 08:59 AM
I don't see why it shouldn't be asked about.

I agree Noir but it hasn't nor will it, that is why I take my stance. Lets treat all fair or find folks to do the job that can.

Perianne
01-26-2016, 08:59 AM
At least Noir wouldn't mind seeing it on both sides, but we all know that will never happen. Hell, they don't even ask her that outside of the debates, I highly doubt they'll be asking on national TV.

Trump will, if it ever gets to that.

I have to admire that side of him. He will likely attack, as that is what he does. I am salivating in anticipation.