PDA

View Full Version : Reuters Poll: Trump in Comfortable Lead Nationally

jimnyc
01-25-2016, 07:30 AM
Never was a huge lover of polls. But where there's smoke there is fire. Trump leads nearly every poll out there other than Texas where Cruz takes his home state.

-----

Republican front-runner candidate Donald Trump has a big lead in the race for the 2016 presidential nomination nationally, swamping his opponents with a 40.6 percent share of those surveyed, a Reuters-Ipsos tracking poll found on Friday.

The survey of 582 respondents found Trump with a higher percentage of the vote than his next four challengers combined:

Ted Cruz: 10.5 percent
Ben Carson: 9.7 percent
Jeb Bush: 9.2 percent
Marco Rubio: 7.2 percent

In a hypothetical matchup between Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and Trump, Clinton holds a statistically insignificant lead of 41.4 percent to 40.8 percent.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Reuters-Poll-Trump-GOP/2016/01/22/id/710529/

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 07:38 AM
I am very surprised by the Jeb Bush number. Interesting

Perianne
01-25-2016, 08:17 AM
I am very surprised by the Jeb Bush number. Interesting

I would probably like Bush if not for his love of illegal immigrants. Of course he married a hispanic, so that is what it is.

NightTrain
01-25-2016, 08:19 AM
In a hypothetical matchup between Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton and Trump, Clinton holds a statistically insignificant lead of 41.4 percent to 40.8 percent.

Those numbers will change drastically once those 2 are put on a stage together.

Then the gloves are coming off - and Trump's not going to be gentle like he is now. There is no topic he won't bring up and speak directly about, and there's a LOT of topics that Hellary does not want discussed.

The buildup to this reminds me of Gene Hackman whispering in Morgan Freeman's ear in The Unforgiven : "I'm going to hurt you. Not gentle like before... but bad."

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 08:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg22rjzYo4w