PDA

View Full Version : Yes Christian, You Are Supposed to Judge Donald Trump

tailfins
01-25-2016, 10:01 AM
http://theresurgent.com/yes-christian-you-are-supposed-to-judge-donald-trump/

(?subject=Yes%20Christian%2C%20You%20Are%20Suppose d%20to%20Judge%20Donald%20Trump&body=http%3A%2F%2Ftheresurgent.com%2Fyes-christian-you-are-supposed-to-judge-donald-trump%2F)

One of the most ignorant responses to my piece about pastors and Trump (http://theresurgent.com/a-confession-what-i-think-of-pastors-for-trump/) is from those saying that the Bible says we are not to judge. Donald Trump says he is a Christian, therefore we should not judge him.
Statements like that reveal a shallow theology. In fact, because Donald Trump proclaims himself a Christian, we absolutely are to judge him. The Bible makes that explicit in 1 Corinthians 5. (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%205)

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”
Donald Trump claims to be a Christian. He also claims the thing he has in common with his daughteris that they both have sex (https://twitter.com/StopTrumpPAC/status/691439139162558464). He cheated on his first wife with his second and is now on his third wife. He, on several occasions, has said he has no need to repent and has never asked God for forgiveness. Contrary to Cain, who murdered his brother, we in the church are our brothers’ keepers. We are to hold each other to account.
When we are confronted by a man who calls himself a Christian and does not admit he is a sinner, says he has never needed to repent, has tried to take a widow’s home against her consent, has been divorced multiple times and committed adultery, you absolutely are called to judge. The Bible is explicit in this.

If you call yourself a Christian and support Donald Trump, feel free to. But don’t hide behind your faith as an excuse for supporting him as some are. And don’t get in high dudgeons when the rest of us point out Christians are supposed to repent. And do not dare say we should not judge. Not only do you flat out misunderstand Matthew 7, you ignore 1 Corinthians 5.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2016, 10:24 AM

Posted as you yourself "supposedly a Christian too", find no fault with the ffing muzzies because they pay your salary!
Go look this word up- hypocrisy....
Let me know if after reading the definition you can see your own stupidity. ok?

Here let me help ya out...-Tyr

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity; More

PixieStix
01-25-2016, 10:29 AM
My vote is between me and God. I happen to talk to God about such things. I am human, I do judge every time I step or talk to someone. I judge as to how to approach an issue, I judge how much money I should spend, and I make judgements when I decide to vote for someone, so yeah I judge. I try not to be a hypocrite though.

revelarts
01-25-2016, 12:46 PM
makes good points.

All the sin isn't the most important issue with Trump it's the idea that he doesn't think or is not sure if he has or should repent for any of it.
that's Christianity 101, "dear Jesus forgive me of my sins" Jesus didn't have a problem with the guy that came to the temple and beat his chest in guilt and regret and said "God be merciful to me a sinner" He said THAT GUY went back to his house justified/forgiven from whatever he'd done.

But Trump seems to have no regrets, at least none he admits too publicly.
not to "judge" but to Assess his Cristianity on what's he's said publicly it's hard to say that he's a christian at the least he's not a very serious one.
based on his public statements. But God knows his heart.

we don't have that to go on though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2016, 01:06 PM
makes good points.

All the sin isn't the most important issue with Trump it's the idea that he doesn't think or is not sure if he has or should repent for any of it.
that's Christianity 101, "dear Jesus forgive me of my sins" Jesus didn't have a problem with the guy that came to the temple and beat his chest in guilt and regret and said "God be merciful to me a sinner" He said THAT GUY went back to his house justified/forgiven from whatever he'd done.

But Trump seems to have no regrets, at least none he admits too publicly.
not to "judge" but to Assess his Cristianity on what's he's said publicly it's hard to say that he's a christian at the least he's not a very serious one.
based on his public statements. But God knows his heart.

we don't have that to go on though.

How about any of the other candidates hearts, be they Republican or democrat?
Why is it only Trump's heart getting scrutinized as to its morals in regards to his religion.
You Trump haters should be a bit more concerned about the purity of the Christianity of whichever candidate you support is my opinion.
HOW ABOUT CHRISTIE, BUSH , RUBIO, CARLY, CRUZ OR ANY OF THE OTHERS?
Post what you like but some of us have decided not to be basically silent or ignoring it any longer.-

How about the purity of your heart Rev.. care to try to meet some lame-ass test on it ??
NO, YOU'D RATHER CAST STONES WITH TAILFINS AT TRUMP, CAUSE ITS FAR MORE FUN, RIGHT?
Shouldn't Hillary be you guys target?-Tyr

revelarts
01-25-2016, 01:11 PM
HOW ABOUT CHRISTIE, BUSH , RUBIO, CARLY, CRUZ OR ANY OF THE OTHERS?

I don't know about Christie, Rubio, Carly or Cruz,
Carson seems to be a sincere Christian.

Turmp's multi-marriages and affairs have been public news for some time.
the other's info I'll check on.

Hillary. I Don't even want to know what she says she is.
She's a crook and a liar is what i'm sure of.

Jeff
01-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Wow, so now Trump is a sinner so we shouldn't vote for him :laugh:

First off the bible says there is not one of us without sin, but better than that point out a politician any politician that is even close to being a non sinner and I will vote for him.

Have to wonder about bragging about suing someone for so much money, actually bragging how much money made, bragging how one beats the system, is that wrong, Naa didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Gunny
01-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Wow, so now Trump is a sinner so we shouldn't vote for him :laugh:

First off the bible says there is not one of us without sin, but better than that point out a politician any politician that is even close to being a non sinner and I will vote for him.

Have to wonder about bragging about suing someone for so much money, actually bragging how much money made, bragging how one beats the system, is that wrong, Naa didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Gee, I didn't think of THAT one. Don't vote for Trump because he's a sinner, huh? :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Like Trump or hate him, I find that article to be embarrassing. Almost comical. If you are going to hold to that standard, you shouldn't vote for anyone. But using the Bible to convince people not to vote for a guy you don't like seems, well, sinful. Vote your conscience, and I will do the same.

revelarts
01-25-2016, 04:00 PM
I'd have to say that many of the comments above defending Trump have a touch of merit.
But the thing is, i just wonder if any of you were as forgiving and tolerant in your comments about Bill Clinton during his run up to and his time in office.

I remember the general TONE of many republicans was about his poor morals and the country's moral slide from the top, Clinton smearing the presidency etc..
And every sin he committed sexually past present and future was considered fair political game.

Black Diamond
01-25-2016, 04:16 PM
I'd have to say that many of the comments above defending Trump have a touch of merit.
But the thing is, i just wonder if any of you were as forgiving and tolerant in your comments about Bill Clinton during his run up to and his time in office.

I remember the general TONE of many republicans was about his poor morals and the country's moral slide from the top, Clinton smearing the presidency etc..
And every sin he committed sexually past present and future was considered fair political game.

How are Clinton's and Trump's morals similar? Was Trump harassing interns while he was married? I think 90% of our Presidents have had marital indiscretions.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2016, 04:21 PM
How are Clinton's and Trump's morals similar? Was Trump harassing interns while he was married? I think 90% of our Presidents have had marital indiscretions.

He did A LOT MORE than just harass, but damn sure was lusting for "her ass.."
I hope that ya appreciate that little play on words .. lusting for her mouth too... :laugh: -Tyr

Perianne
01-25-2016, 04:23 PM
He did A LOT MORE than just harass, but damn sure was lusting for "her ass.."
I hope that ya appreciate that little play on words .. lusting for her mouth too... :laugh: -Tyr
Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

Nasty, but funny. lol

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Tyr-Ziu Saxnot

Nasty, but funny. lol

THE BEST HUMOR HAS TRUTH IN IT.. :beer: :beer:
That was ALL TRUTH on the slimy bastard and his scum wife helped him, still helps him as she is a lezbo herself IMHO. -Tyr

Gunny
01-25-2016, 04:41 PM

It isn't about defending Trump, rev. This is about someone who claims a LOT of piety using the Lord's name in vain, IMO.

And I was vicious about Clinton. I had a REAL vested interest in who was Commander in Chief at the time. I had more money in pocket before Clinton and spent less time on deployment before Clinton. You can't increase OpTempo and decrease manpower; which, is exactly what he did.

I have no qualms about attacking Trump. He apparently has none about burying anyone on the right he sees fit to. I also think what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If we can hold Hillary accountable for her behavior in the 90s, Trump and any-and-everyone should be held to the same standard.

Perianne
01-25-2016, 04:46 PM
That was ALL TRUTH on the slimy bastard and his scum wife helped him, still helps him as she is a lezbo herself IMHO. -Tyr

Tyr, maybe we can fix her up with that Melissa Click ho from the University of Missouri. :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8309&stc=1

Gunny
01-25-2016, 05:21 PM

I think she's frigid, not a lez. The problem I had with whole Clinton thing was while I didn't like him, I could see easily why he'd want some strange. He seems to have been slumming with Monica though. :laugh:

Jeff
01-26-2016, 06:57 AM
Gee, I didn't think of THAT one. Don't vote for Trump because he's a sinner, huh? :laugh:

Always trying to help my buddies :laugh::laugh::laugh:

darin
01-26-2016, 07:04 AM
This thread makes me embarrassed to be a Christian.

darin
01-26-2016, 07:11 AM

That guy has no fucking right to take specific instruction to one church's situation and apply it to the 2016 USA Presidential race. And his missed the post important part: God will handle those outside the church. Not us. The author is foolish and un-loving; thus anti-Christ.