PDA

View Full Version : Why it's counter productive for the gov't to suspect ALL Muslims

revelarts
01-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Why it's counter productive to have the gov't suspect ALL Muslims

Look Trump AND yes his supporters seem completely convinced that ALL muslims should be databased, spied on, mosques SHUT DOWN, deported or Banned from the U.S.. ...for starters... to protect us from TERROR!!!
Look the problems are clear constitutionally but that doesn't seem to matter to TEA party people anymore
So I'll post a few examples why it's piss poor policy and COUNTER productive to the goal or catching potential terrorist or stopping any terrorist acts.

here's example #1,
just because i found it 1st.
What the Paris Attacks ‘Mastermind’ Once Told an ISIS Magazine.
http://time.com/4114189/mastermind-behind-paris-attacks-previously-interviewed-by-isis-magazine/
This guy was in an freakin' ISIS "magazine" boosting about how he was going to attack Europe.
do you think our intel agencies should have put a little effort into knowing when and where this guy went to the bathroom 24/7?
Was he making it hard for him to find? Is picking up a few copies of this mag a good way to find out who the real terrorist might be a decent idea.
maybe a BETTER Idea than putting a few 1000 people to work on a database of ALL muslims

Example #2.
NYPD: Muslim spying led to no leads, terror cases

NEW YORK (AP) — In more than six years of spying on Muslim neighborhoods, eavesdropping on conversations and cataloguing mosques, the New York Police Department's secret Demographics Unit never generated a lead or triggered a terrorism investigation, the department acknowledged in court testimony unsealed late Monday.
The Demographics Unit is at the heart of a police spying program, built with help from the CIA, which assembled databases on where Muslims lived, shopped, worked and prayed. Police infiltrated Muslim student groups, put informants in mosques, monitored sermons and catalogued every Muslim in New York who adopted new, Americanized surnames.
Police hoped the Demographics Unit would serve as an early warning system for terrorism. And if police ever got a tip about, say, an Afghan terrorist in the city, they'd know where he was likely to rent a room, buy groceries and watch sports. But in a June 28 deposition (http://www.ap.org/Images/Pages-from-Galati-EBT-6-28-12_tcm28-8694.pdf) as part of a longstanding federal civil rights case, Assistant Chief Thomas Galati said none of the conversations the officers overheard ever led to a case.
"Related to Demographics," Galati testified that information that has come in "has not commenced an investigation."....
http://www.ap.org/Content/AP-In-The-News/2012/NYPD-Muslim-spying-led-to-no-leads-terror-cases

Trump proposes that spying on ALL the mosques and putting all muslims into databases is a GOOD IDEA.
but New York City tried it (unconstitutionally and lost a suit for doing it) for 6 years. and GOT ZERO leads to terror plots, or terrorist.
It seems that none of the New York mosques beheaded anyone.:eek: Or where planning any attacks!:eek: Or where harboring terrorist.:eek::eek::eek:???
don't they read the news!!! don't they read their Korans in those mosque?!! Don't they know they should be planning death to america?

Or could it be they they just weren't planning the eventual violent take down of the U.S.?
At least in any NY mosques, grocery stores, restaurants, student groups.

Or is it just that police obviously didn't look HARD ENOUGH i guess right?
or LONG ENOUGH they should do it 8years 10 years 20 years 50 years and then we'll REALLY SEE the muslims in Ny are out to KILL US ALL.

is there anything that shows so clearly the waste of money, time and energy than this?

There's this thing that good police have been using to track criminals for centuries.
It's called evidence, and suspicious activity, and real leads.
But being a member of any of the major religious groups of a billion plus people is not a qualifier.

Do i like islam. No.
Is islam naturally prone to more violence than most other religions? sure.. but mostly in the M.E..
Are most muslims "snakes" or sub-human? no. They are human beings just as crazy and confused as the rest of us.
Is it worth the time an effort and money to track them all? No! not even close.

But why does it seem like a good idea to many?
Maybe Because the human brain likes to keep things simple and it seems like an easy fix to pretend that people that are not in our group can be written off and treated differently if we feel threatened.
And our wannabe "Leaders" reinforce the theme over and over.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-25-2016, 04:18 PM

Look Trump AND yes his supporters seem completely convinced that ALL muslims should be databased, spied on, mosques SHUT DOWN, deported or Banned from the U.S.. ...for starters... to protect us from TERROR!!!
Look the problems are clear constitutionally but that doesn't seem to matter to TEA party people anymore
So I'll post a few examples why it's piss poor policy and COUNTER productive to the goal or catching potential terrorist or stopping any terrorist acts.

here's example #1,
http://time.com/4114189/mastermind-behind-paris-attacks-previously-interviewed-by-isis-magazine/
This guy was in an freakin' ISIS "magazine" boosting about how he was going to attack Europe.
do you think our intel agencies should have put a little effort into knowing when and where this guy went to the bathroom 24/7?
Was he making it hard for him to find? Is picking up a few copies of this mag a good way to find out who the real terrorist might be a decent idea.
maybe a BETTER Idea than putting a few 1000 people to work on a database of ALL muslims

Example #2.

Trump proposes that spying on ALL the mosques and putting all muslims into databases is a GOOD IDEA.
but New York City tried it (unconstitutionally and lost a suit for doing it) for 6 years. and GOT ZERO leads to terror plots, or terrorist.
It seems that none of the New York mosques beheaded anyone.:eek: Or where planning any attacks!:eek: Or where harboring terrorist.:eek::eek::eek:???
don't they read the news!!! don't they read their Korans in those mosque?!! Don't they know they should be planning death to america?

Or could it be they they just weren't planning the eventual violent take down of the U.S.?

or LONG ENOUGH they should do it 8years 10 years 20 years 50 years and then we'll REALLY SEE the muslims in Ny are out to KILL US ALL.

is there anything that shows so clearly the waste of money, time and energy than this?

There's this thing that good police have been using to track criminals for centuries.
But being a member of any of the major religious groups of a billion plus people is not a qualifier.

Do i like islam. No.
Is islam naturally prone to more violence than most other religions? sure.. but mostly in the M.E..
Are most muslims "snakes" or sub-human? no. They are human beings just as crazy and confused as the rest of us.

Maybe Because the human brain likes to keep things simple and it seems like an easy fix to pretend that people that are not in our group can be written off and treated differently if we feel threatened.

Really!???
So you try to excuse their CULT BOOK THE KORAN, their version of Allah and his commands to murder we infidels by saying they too are only human!
Please, give me a break!
Let each damn muslim citizen swear an oath of loyalty to this nation , either none will or else very very very few will as its apostasy to do so, don't make me have to prove to you that commonly known fact.
And since they will not and are also commanded by that same cult book to kill or enslave us where the living hell do you get off trying to defend them??
Yes, its true they are trying to kill us! us being we non-believers --
they are commanded to rape, torture, maim, imprison and/or murder all non-believers , sparing only those that convert to Islam!
That glaring fact seems to escape you and all that defend that damn ffing cult..
Truth is , not you nor anybody else can defeat it with anything you may try.
Prove my statements wrong , then maybe we can discuss kissing their asses like the ffing appeasers demand!
No worries friend, you'll not ever disprove that truth as its recorded in their KORAN AND THEIR
HADITHS. -Tyr
I have a long long long thread that tried to prove the murdering muzzies are ok people.
Over three years and all that tried that prove that damn lie failed. You will too..

Here is the link to my thread.. Enjoy my friend.
The previous naysayer either ran away and or got themselves banned. :laugh:--Tyr

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?36912-I-take-my-stand-you/page90

Gunny
02-03-2016, 06:41 AM

here's example #1,

Example #2.

Do i like islam. No.

So we should suspect only the guilty ones? Are they still breathing?

jimnyc
02-03-2016, 12:27 PM
So we should suspect only the guilty ones? Are they still breathing?

One by one by one, even if it takes forever. Trust, at least until they kill people. No need to worry about the non-existent vetting of folks that we take in as refugees.

revelarts
02-04-2016, 07:33 PM
One by one by one, even if it takes forever. Trust, at least until they kill people. No need to worry about the non-existent vetting of folks that we take in as refugees.

I was going say the below is sarcasm but it's not, it's just plugging a different group into you guys idea of "solution".

We should assume the worse of everyone with tattoo's. that just makes sense.
Watch them 24/7. no put them all jail BEFORE they even think about doing anything.
Because we know people with tattoos... especially the older ones have been violent and involved in drug related crimes.
It's best to just jail them 1st. I'm sure they've done something wrong anyway. So they deserve it.
NO NEED to wait for THREATS from their mouths by writings or tips. Or EVIDENCE or actions that indicate they are planning or have committed a crime.

It'd be funny, but it's really sad that you all COMPLETELY IGNORE the fact that NYC tried to watch every NYC Muslim AND FOUND IT"S STUPID... it DIDN'T WORK, they aren't all trying to blow up the city. :eek:
And BTW it's ILLEGAL remember the constitution, tea party yeah right:rolleyes:.
Don't you guys even care if it WORKS? Don't you want the BEST ways to catch terrorist? Don't you want to find REAL terrorist instead of wasting time and money?
I don't get it.

How did "home of the Brave" become "Home of the paranoid 'big brother keep me safe lovers".
---Watch everyone NOT LIKE lil' ol ME and my family ...they're ALL DANGEROUS and want to kill us!! ----

Americans are Safer now from Terrorism now than in the 1970s Safer from "crime" as well.
but more in fear... I mean concern.

CSM
02-05-2016, 07:13 AM

here's example #1,

Example #2.

Do i like islam. No.

Hmm...I have heard this argument before.... replace "Muslims" with "gun owners" and I bet most will recognize it.

Gunny
02-05-2016, 09:21 AM
I was going say the below is sarcasm but it's not, it's just plugging a different group into you guys idea of "solution".

We should assume the worse of everyone with tattoo's. that just makes sense.
Watch them 24/7. no put them all jail BEFORE they even think about doing anything.
Because we know people with tattoos... especially the older ones have been violent and involved in drug related crimes.
It's best to just jail them 1st. I'm sure they've done something wrong anyway. So they deserve it.
NO NEED to wait for THREATS from their mouths by writings or tips. Or EVIDENCE or actions that indicate they are planning or have committed a crime.

It'd be funny, but it's really sad that you all COMPLETELY IGNORE the fact that NYC tried to watch every NYC Muslim AND FOUND IT"S STUPID... it DIDN'T WORK, they aren't all trying to blow up the city. :eek:
And BTW it's ILLEGAL remember the constitution, tea party yeah right:rolleyes:.
Don't you guys even care if it WORKS? Don't you want the BEST ways to catch terrorist? Don't you want to find REAL terrorist instead of wasting time and money?
I don't get it.

How did "home of the Brave" become "Home of the paranoid 'big brother keep me safe lovers".
---Watch everyone NOT LIKE lil' ol ME and my family ...they're ALL DANGEROUS and want to kill us!! ----

Americans are Safer now from Terrorism now than in the 1970s Safer from "crime" as well.
but more in fear... I mean concern.

BS. MY idea of a solution is you've spent since the 7th century trying to kill ME? I'll kill you first.

So let's try this from a historical perspective. What happened to Rome and Greece? That is now happening to us? Seems they both suffered that same Islamic plague that we're allowing to march right in our front door. That is the ONLY thing they have in common besides a bunch of wimps who can't remember what got them on top and let savages kill them off.

Just maybe it's about time we fought back?

Drummond
02-05-2016, 10:14 AM
This is all a typical Leftie argument ... isn't it ??

Don't suspect people of anything, until .. when ? WHEN IT'S TOO LATE ??

9/11 .. ring any bells ? If America had been pre-alerted to what was possible, understanding with clarity what it was facing, back then .. maybe, that alertness, the willingness TO suspect Muslims of intended 'wrongdoing', maybe, just maybe, 9/11 wouldn't have happened ?

Still, it DID .. and lessons should've been learned. Like, THEY consider THEY are at war with YOU. But, ahh .. seems the imperative in the face of that reality is to work to NOT suspect that further dangers are around the corner. WHY ? To satisfy an invented PC imperative ??

Better to be too vigilant than not at all, only to find out your mistake after the 'deeds' are done, and mass murder, carnage ditto, are your 'reward'.

But doesn't that make sense to a Leftie mind ??

Need I even ask ???

Gunny
02-05-2016, 10:38 AM

9/11 .. ring any bells ? If America had been pre-alerted to what was possible, understanding with clarity what it was facing, back then .. maybe, that alertness, the willingness TO suspect Muslims of intended 'wrongdoing', maybe, just maybe, 9/11 wouldn't have happened ?

Still, it DID .. and lessons should've been learned. Like, THEY consider THEY are at war with YOU. But, ahh .. seems the imperative in the face of that reality is to work to NOT suspect that further dangers are around the corner. WHY ? To satisfy an invented PC imperative ??

Better to be too vigilant than not at all, only to find out your mistake after the 'deeds' are done, and mass murder, carnage ditto, are your 'reward'.

But doesn't that make sense to a Leftie mind ??

Need I even ask ???

Nope, you needn't. Look at every argument. They're all the same when you get to the core. Those of us that earn what we have and those of us that just take. The takers always seem to be on the left. You owe me because I exist. Really? What I've noticed about these same arguments in my usual military way of thinking is they all come down to the same common denominators. Those of us that work and those that leech off of us that do.

One fourth of my retirement check goes to pay for slugs. I'd like that extra couple of hundred per month to pay my bills rather than pay for shitheads that can't even make it out of the bedroom in the morning.

Drummond
02-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Nope, you needn't. Look at every argument. They're all the same when you get to the core. Those of us that earn what we have and those of us that just take. The takers always seem to be on the left. You owe me because I exist. Really? What I've noticed about these same arguments in my usual military way of thinking is they all come down to the same common denominators. Those of us that work and those that leech off of us that do.

One fourth of my retirement check goes to pay for slugs. I'd like that extra couple of hundred per month to pay my bills rather than pay for shitheads that can't even make it out of the bedroom in the morning.

Yes, well said. Leftieism is all about turning people into spongers, creating the 'nanny State' .. so that at the end of it, people are locked into a dependency culture. And just believe all the crap they're spoonfed with.

America's attacked. Years later, forget about it, then be all 'surprised' if another attack happens. Chuck some blame around ... but NEVER, but NEVER, face reality, much less take RESPONSIBILITY for it !!!

revelarts
02-05-2016, 10:57 AM
BS. MY idea of a solution is you've spent since the 7th century trying to kill ME? I'll kill you first.
So let's try this from a historical perspective. What happened to Rome and Greece? That is now happening to us? Seems they both suffered that same Islamic plague that we're allowing to march right in our front door. That is the ONLY thing they have in common besides a bunch of wimps who can't remember what got them on top and let savages kill them off.
Just maybe it's about time we fought back?

OK so your solution is Kill all the American Muslims.. because 7 centuries ago they were real trouble... for Europe.
I think it was someone else that told me in another thread that people should NOT keep bringing up history. And not to blame people or groups today for what a group did in the past.... in the U.S... to other americans.
I agree we SHOULD NOT blame people today for things done in the past but we should REMEMBER the past to make sure abuses don't happen again. And when people TODAY repeat, promote and embrace the bad themes of previous generations we should take note and denounce it. But Killing people today who STILL have similar ideas and symbols of their ancestors that did horrible things in the past? 50, 100, 200, 400, 700 years ago is wrong.

Thinking that they all believe and want those exact same things and we should kill them for it seems wrong doesn't it?

What? seeing something that DOES NOT WORK, stopping it and then doing things that DO work?
I think some folks on the right have the ability to do that if they can take off the jingoistic "every problem is a nail" glasses.

See there you go. U assume that if folks don't want to spy on every muslim that they want to do NOTHING and suspect NOTHING.

THAT... IS... A... LIE Drummond.
Pre-911 Mohammed Atta WAS being watch by at least 3 agencies, FBI, CIA and DIA, and information was IN hand at the FBI about a plot, Warnings about flights had been issued even. All that was gathered WITHOUT 24/7 every Muslim on earth under surveillance, torture free, CONSTITUTIONAL civilian and military investigations. There's evidence that the plot could have been stopped if the agencies just had better coordination and the higher officials had done what the investigators on the ground had suggested.

But somehow in your brain anything less than Ban/Kill Mulsims willy nilly on the general fear of the religion is the only real solution.

It's weird to me that conservatives always want to say we're REALLY the smart ones but can't seem to think of ANY creative solutions to some problems. But Is suspecting them all, banning them all, killing them all REALLY the ONLY solution? I can also see maybe if you've been trained since your teens in the military to 'kill, kill, kill' that it might be the only thing that comes to mind as a solution. But military force for the U.S. is suppose to be a LAST resort not the 1st option. We're suppose to be a PEACE LOVING civilian run nation, not a tyrannical Military Regimen that kills anything that gives a whiff of POTENTIAL, ONE DAY MAYBE there MIGHT be danger.

But Drummond, I suspect you don't understand that type of talk at all except to think that's it's "left".
so be it, we disagree.

Drummond
02-05-2016, 11:37 AM
OK so your solution is Kill all the American Muslims.. because 7 centuries ago they were real trouble... for Europe.
I think it was someone else that told me in another thread that people should NOT keep bringing up history. And not to blame people or groups today for what a group did in the past.... in the U.S... to other americans.
I agree we SHOULD NOT blame people today for things done in the past but we should REMEMBER the past to make sure abuses don't happen again. And when people TODAY repeat, promote and embrace the bad themes of previous generations we should take note and denounce it. But Killing people today who STILL have similar ideas and symbols of their ancestors that did horrible things in the past? 50, 100, 200, 400, 700 years ago is wrong.

Thinking that they all believe and want those exact same things and we should kill them for it seems wrong doesn't it?

What? seeing something that DOES NOT WORK, stopping it and then doing things that DO work?
I think some folks on the right have the ability to do that if they can take off the jingoistic "every problem is a nail" glasses.

See there you go. U assume that if folks don't want to spy on every muslim that they want to do NOTHING and suspect NOTHING.

THAT... IS... A... LIE Drummond.
Pre-911 Mohammed Atta WAS being watch by at least 3 agencies, FBI, CIA and DIA, and information was IN hand at the FBI about a plot, Warnings about flights had been issued even. All that was gathered WITHOUT 24/7 every Muslim on earth under surveillance, torture free, CONSTITUTIONAL civilian and military investigations. There's evidence that the plot could have been stopped if the agencies just had better coordination and the higher officials had done what the investigators on the ground had suggested.

But somehow in your brain anything less than Ban/Kill Mulsims willy nilly on the general fear of the religion is the only real solution.

It's weird to me that conservatives always want to say we're REALLY the smart ones but can't seem to think of ANY creative solutions to some problems. But Is suspecting them all, banning them all, killing them all REALLY the ONLY solution? I can also see maybe if you've been trained since your teens in the military to 'kill, kill, kill' that it might be the only thing that comes to mind as a solution. But military force for the U.S. is suppose to be a LAST resort not the 1st option. We're suppose to be a PEACE LOVING civilian run nation, not a tyrannical Military Regimen that kills anything that gives a whiff of POTENTIAL, ONE DAY MAYBE there MIGHT be danger.

But Drummond, I suspect you don't understand that type of talk at all except to think that's it's "left".
so be it, we disagree.

You just don't get it, do you ?

Today, for Westerners, is today. Today, for any devout Muslim, might as well be several centuries ago. Don't you get that Muslims buy into a creed that hasn't evolved, and such is its murderous message, that evolution is pretty well impossible ?

You Lefties REALLY need to adapt to REALITY for a change. Try understanding that murderous savages ARE AT WAR WITH YOU, and as they keep proving, there's nothing they're not prepared to do in the furtherance of it. Question is, are you even capable of facing reality, as it IS ?

And are you also capable of, finally, STOPPING peddling escapist rot that persuades people of a falsehood ??

See the enemy through their eyes, not yours. Yes, REALLY. It'll be an education for you.

And until you do, how much more carnage will be necessary before you're convinced how wrong you are ??

revelarts
02-05-2016, 01:29 PM
You just don't get it, do you ?
Today, for Westerners, is today. Today, for any devout Muslim, might as well be several centuries ago. Don't you get that Muslims buy into a creed that hasn't evolved, and such is its murderous message, that evolution is pretty well impossible ?
You Lefties REALLY need to adapt to REALITY for a change. Try understanding that murderous savages ARE AT WAR WITH YOU, and as they keep proving, there's nothing they're not prepared to do in the furtherance of it. Question is, are you even capable of facing reality, as it IS ?
And are you also capable of, finally, STOPPING peddling escapist rot that persuades people of a falsehood ??
See the enemy through their eyes, not yours. Yes, REALLY. It'll be an education for you.
And until you do, how much more carnage will be necessary before you're convinced how wrong you are ??

Like I said we disagree.

But i have to ask, are you saying that you've transformed temporarily and managed to see through all billion plus eyes as a "murderous savage subhuman"?
You've mind read them all and know that deep in all their subhuman murderous savage warring heart's they are planning to kill us all?

That's how you've come to this reality you speak of.

Seriously Drummond, I don't even remember RED Baiters being as far gone as you are.
You need to get a bomb shelter, ammo plus some Barb wire and bacon fence up ASAP cause the Muslims are coming for ya sir.