PDA

View Full Version : Third Party Candidates

Gunny
01-25-2016, 06:12 PM
While someone was trying to chide me about who I was voting for, the "evil" Third Party came up. So I had to look. This guy looks better than anyone on the stage.

Scott Copeland was born in Jackson, Mississippi. A native of that state, he graduated from Mississippi College before, in his words, he was “transplanted by God” to Texas, where he attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth. There he earned his license, and became ordained as a Minister of the gospel. Copeland's religious faith is extremely important to him, and informs his positions on various issues.

Copeland is a member of the Constitution party, and he identifies with that institution so strongly that, on the issue of taxation, he declines to explain his positions himself and merely refers to the party's official website (for the record, Constitution's views on taxes are, like most of its positions, right-leaning). Also in keeping with his party's doctrine, he maintains that the Constitution of the United States is firmly based on Judeo-Christian values and morality.

It is little surprise, then, that Copeland is a strong conservative. He is pro-life, supports gun rights, and calls for the total repeal of Obamacare. He also believes in expanding the military and – at a minimum – doubling the pay of all service members, which he proposes to fund by eliminating various other government agencies including the Internal Revenue Service. In all arenas outside the armed forces, he advocates for minimalist government, and opposes regulations that impede competition between private businesses. Copeland is tough on immigration, too, believing the border with Mexico should be carefully patrolled and any and all illegal immigrants deported without amnesty. His position on foreign policy is harsh and no-nonsense – throwing political correctness to the winds, he unapologetically declares that “Islam must be forced into an unconditional surrender.”

http://2016.presidential-candidates.org/Copeland/

Gunny
01-26-2016, 12:43 PM
While someone was trying to chide me about who I was voting for, the "evil" Third Party came up. So I had to look. This guy looks better than anyone on the stage.

http://2016.presidential-candidates.org/Copeland/

Didn't figure anyone would touch this. After all, look at all those conservative principles .....:rolleyes:

tailfins
01-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Didn't figure anyone would touch this. After all, look at all those conservative principles .....:rolleyes:

I plan to vote for the Constitution Party if Trump is the GOP nominee. I didn't touch it until now because the chronic complainer culture around this message board is only palatable in small portions. A little bit goes a long way.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 12:00 PM
I plan to vote for the Constitution Party if Trump is the GOP nominee. I didn't touch it until now because the chronic complainer culture around this message board is only palatable in small portions. A little bit goes a long way.

While it may be a one way street at times. everyone's entitled to their opinions. I am a Constitutionalist and always have been. I doubt many career military folk are too far off that mark. I'm also a conservative. Copeland seems to believe in almost everything I do. I'd tone down the religion a bit if it were me, but what can you expect from a minister?

One of the tings I find most interesting is that those who like to crap on 3rd party candidates who actually believe in conservative ideals are the same ones voting for someone that in no way represents conservatives.

glockmail
01-27-2016, 04:23 PM
Y'all be wasting your vote going third party. Hold your nose and vote for the least liberal.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 04:48 PM
Y'all be wasting your vote going third party. Hold your nose and vote for the least liberal.

I get all that. Someone brought it up so I was just looking. This guy seems a sure winner as far as conservatives go. Wonder why no one know who he is?

glockmail
01-27-2016, 04:59 PM
I get all that. Someone brought it up so I was just looking. This guy seems a sure winner as far as conservatives go. Wonder why no one know who he is?

There can be a thousand reasons. In order to be well-known in politics, you need to stand out in some way, and be likeable to either your peers or to your potential constituency.

Take Ron Paul for instance. Constitutional, libertarian to the core. He'd have made a great president, but his peers hate him, and voters think he's a kook. Same for Rand just not to that extreme.

Kathianne
01-27-2016, 05:22 PM

It may well be that after a few primaries, 3rd party choices will become more visible. There is a coming split on the 'conservative' side.

Whether the split will be enough to keep Trump from winning? Hard to tell with that the Democrats are doing.

fj1200
01-28-2016, 02:11 PM
It may well be that after a few primaries, 3rd party choices will become more visible. There is a coming split on the 'conservative' side.

Whether the split will be enough to keep Trump from winning? Hard to tell with that the Democrats are doing.

Can't wait for the Bloomberg thing to drop a bomb on everyone. BWAHAHAHAHA!!