PDA

View Full Version : What A Drag

Gunny
01-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Think I got most of my injuries under control. Now I get to start over working out, and working around injuries that I still have. It'll be fun.:rolleyes:

Last few times I've tried to jump in where I left off. No bueno. I just end up hurt again. The idea of starting from scratch however is less than appealing.

Jeff
01-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Hell Bro my pain isn't from the Military but pain just the same, I recently joined a gym here in town and went back to just try to get back in shape ( I realized the heavy lifting and all that is probably long gone ) but being in decent shape would be nice, but God dang after a light work out I feel like I am 120 years old, gonna take a while to get back into it I believe.

Perianne
01-26-2016, 08:05 AM
I don't mean to be disrespectful to you guys at all, but some of you are big men and I don't mean fat. You're just big. I am little and I like big men.

Anyway, my 115 pounds are tough on me as I age. For years I have gotten out and run a couple of miles a few times per week. Except I didn't last year because it hurt my knees. So, last fall I bought me a bicycle and when the weather turns warm I will start riding. To some extent it doesn't matter how you get your exercise. I will be 59 this year and I have to exercise or I will get old and start looking old.

A couple of years ago I got into lifting weights. I liked the pain you feel after the workout. I like pain in other things, too. Maybe I am a freak, lol. But I hurt my right shoulder when I lifted something wrong. I couldn't pinpoint what I did, it just started hurting and it hurt down into my right chest wall, as if I had injured something. So, I stopped that.

I think the point is I am just like you guys. Working out is hard and we have to build up to it. Slowly.

Jeff
01-26-2016, 08:11 AM
I don't mean to be disrespectful to you guys at all, but some of you are big men and I don't mean fat. You're just big. I am little and I like big men.

Anyway, my 115 pounds are tough on me as I age. For years I have gotten out and run a couple of miles a few times per week. Except I didn't last year because it hurt my knees. So, last fall I bought me a bicycle and when the weather turns warm I will start riding. To some extent it doesn't matter how you get your exercise. I will be 59 this year and I have to exercise or I will get old and start looking old.

A couple of years ago I got into lifting weights. I liked the pain you feel after the workout. I like pain in other things, too. Maybe I am a freak, lol. But I hurt my right shoulder when I lifted something wrong. I couldn't pinpoint what I did, it just started hurting and it hurt down into my right chest wall, as if I had injured something. So, I stopped that.

I think the point is I am just like you guys. Working out is hard and we have to build up to it. Slowly.

Well never one to argue with a pretty lady, freaks are in !!! :laugh: Unless of course your a freak like the kind Bruce Jenner is, well than a slug is what would do ya best. :laugh:

All seriousness though, I haven't been in a gym in a lot of years, but when I use to belong to Jack La Lane ( yup that long ago was the last gym I belonged to ) the ladies worked every bit as hard as most of the men, they just looked so much better doing it, at least to me they did, again I guess Bruce would of looked at a dirty hairy ass instead of y'all pretty little things.

Gunny
01-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Hell Bro my pain isn't from the Military but pain just the same, I recently joined a gym here in town and went back to just try to get back in shape ( I realized the heavy lifting and all that is probably long gone ) but being in decent shape would be nice, but God dang after a light work out I feel like I am 120 years old, gonna take a while to get back into it I believe.

That's why I said I'm starting from scratch. I lifted 6 days a week and ran 6 days a week since I was about 15. Running is out, and so is the heavy lifting. I just have to not get impatient. I'm my own worst enemy there.:laugh: