PDA

View Full Version : Baked Beans

Perianne
01-26-2016, 09:46 AM
I cook a lot of really good food. But I am not a natural cook. I try recipe after recipe until I find the one I like. Some recipes I just can't get right, like baked beans.

Last night I found a delicious recipe for baked beans. I think it is a keeper. I modified it from this (http://www.pauladeen.com/southern-baked-beans), very simple recipe. I was actually out of brown sugar, but I think it needed it. So, I added it to the recipe.

Ingredients

1/2 lb bacon
1/2 large onion
2 (16 oz) can pork and beans
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
5 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Mrs. Butterworth's)
4 tablespoons ketchup
4 tablespoons brown sugar

Preparation Preheat oven to 325°.

Drain most of the liquid from the pork and beans, leaving it as liquidy as you desire.

In a skillet, fry bacon until crispy and crumble.

Sauté the onion until brown in a couple of teaspoons of bacon grease.

Mix bacon, onion and the two teaspoons of bacon grease with the remaining ingredients. Pour into a baking dish and bake covered for 45 to 60 minutes.

indago
01-26-2016, 11:43 AM
I cook a lot of really good food. But I am not a natural cook. I try recipe after recipe until I find the one I like. Some recipes I just can't get right, like baked beans.

Last night I found a delicious recipe for baked beans. I think it is a keeper. I modified it from this (http://www.pauladeen.com/southern-baked-beans), very simple recipe. I was actually out of brown sugar, but I think it needed it. So, I added it to the recipe.

Ingredients

1/2 lb bacon
1/2 large onion
2 (16 oz) can pork and beans
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
5 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Mrs. Butterworth's)
4 tablespoons ketchup
4 tablespoons brown sugar

Preparation

Preheat oven to 325°.

Drain most of the liquid from the pork and beans, leaving it as liquidy as you desire.

In a skillet, fry bacon until crispy and crumble.

Sauté the onion until brown in a couple of teaspoons of bacon grease.

Mix bacon, onion and the two teaspoons of bacon grease with the remaining ingredients. Pour into a baking dish and bake covered for 45 to 60 minutes.

What, no molasses?