PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the kids today!

Trinity
07-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Search Continues For Suspect In Pregnant Teen's Beating
Autopsy Begins On Unborn Child

POSTED: 2:57 pm EDT July 13, 2007
UPDATED: 5:11 pm EDT July 13, 2007

CINCINNATI -- While Kerria Anderson spent a second day hospitalized after Wednesday night's beating, the autopsy on the unborn child she lost was under way Friday.

So was the citywide search for the suspect, identified by her family as the father of her unborn child, Alfonzo Price.

He's 15.

Police have looked for the boy at a home on Findlay Street in Over-the-Rhine where Birdie Fleming lives. She told News 5’s John London he doesn't live there and never has.

"The kid has been to see me once. I know him because my nephew (boxes). This is all I know about him. I call him Champ. He's never did nothing disrespectful to me. I've never seen him do anything out here. I'm just as shocked as the next person to hear all this stuff that is going on,” Fleming said.

“(Police) shining lights all in my house, talking about, ‘Well, until we get him, we're going to be on this house.’ and I'm sick of it," she said.

News 5 obtained another police report from five weeks ago that described a previous beating.

"The boyfriend (Price) then slammed her to the ground and began punching her stomach," the report said.

In that instance, Anderson did not pursue charges.

The results of the autopsy will likely determine what charges Price will face.

Meanwhile, Anderson is still struggling to recover from her injuries.

"(Price) stomped my daughter, killed the baby, crushed the skull, fractured jaw, broken bones, and now my daughter is fighting for her life. She's hemmoraging real bad," Angela Anderson said. "He wanted her to have an abortion and this family don't believe in it."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13678809/detail.html

At the age of 17 and 15 your biggest concern should be choosing a college.....

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 05:06 PM

CINCINNATI -- While Kerria Anderson spent a second day hospitalized after Wednesday night's beating, the autopsy on the unborn child she lost was under way Friday.

So was the citywide search for the suspect, identified by her family as the father of her unborn child, Alfonzo Price.

He's 15.

Police have looked for the boy at a home on Findlay Street in Over-the-Rhine where Birdie Fleming lives. She told News 5’s John London he doesn't live there and never has.

"The kid has been to see me once. I know him because my nephew (boxes). This is all I know about him. I call him Champ. He's never did nothing disrespectful to me. I've never seen him do anything out here. I'm just as shocked as the next person to hear all this stuff that is going on,” Fleming said.

“(Police) shining lights all in my house, talking about, ‘Well, until we get him, we're going to be on this house.’ and I'm sick of it," she said.

News 5 obtained another police report from five weeks ago that described a previous beating.

"The boyfriend (Price) then slammed her to the ground and began punching her stomach," the report said.

"(Price) stomped my daughter, killed the baby, crushed the skull, fractured jaw, broken bones, and now my daughter is fighting for her life. She's hemmoraging real bad," Angela Anderson said. "He wanted her to have an abortion and this family don't believe in it."

No shit. That is just sick.

-Cp
07-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I tell ya what's wrong w/ the kids.... they NO LONGER GET THEIR ASSES BEAT while younger so they grow up with ZERO respect for their elder's our anyone in authority...

It's no wonder this happens, divorce happens etc...

Anytime folks step outside of God's plan for us - bad stuff happens because the human element takes over...

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I tell ya what's wrong w/ the kids.... they NO LONGER GET THEIR ASSES BEAT while younger so they grow up with ZERO respect for their elder's our anyone in authority...

It's no wonder this happens, divorce happens etc...

Anytime folks step outside of God's plan for us - bad stuff happens because the human element takes over...

Thank's to the Liberals, if you spank your kids you will goto jail.

-Cp
07-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank's to the Liberals, if you spank your kids you will goto jail.

That's not true at all.. You don't go to jail..

But you could say "Thanks to the liberals and the secular progressives we have a generation of undisciplined kids growing up who have no respect for anyone - not even themselves"..

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 05:30 PM
That's not true at all.. You don't go to jail..

But you could say "Thanks to the liberals and the secular progressives we have a generation of undisciplined kids growing up who have no respect for anyone - not even themselves"..

Yea you do. As soon as you spank your kid then someone screams child abuse.

-Cp
07-13-2007, 06:52 PM

really? and how many kids do you have?

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 07:18 PM
really? and how many kids do you have?

-Cp
07-13-2007, 08:27 PM

I have 5 kids.... a best friend who's a local policeman.... and there is nothing in any laws about going to Jail for spanking them.. all 5 have and do get spanked..

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I have 5 kids.... a best friend who's a local policeman.... and there is nothing in any laws about going to Jail for spanking them.. all 5 have and do get spanked..

I know people who have gotten introuble for it.

Abbey Marie
07-13-2007, 09:07 PM
What's wrong with kids? Life is cheap these days.

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 09:12 PM
What's wrong with kids? Life is cheap these days.

Huh?

glockmail
07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
I have 5 kids.... a best friend who's a local policeman.... and there is nothing in any laws about going to Jail for spanking them.. all 5 have and do get spanked.. I hear you CP. I have two myself and I've laid out two big fat lines delineating their paths to sucess. If they stray over the line they get beat on. So far its worked great and they are smart, athletic, have lots of great friends and are respectful. The 12 Year old girl gets out of line once in a while but all I have to do is go face to face like a drill sargent and she backs down every time. She knows I'd rather kill her then let her down and casue her to stray. :drillsarge:

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I hear you CP. I have two myself and I've laid out two big fat lines delineating their paths to sucess. If they stray over the line they get beat on. So far its worked great and they are smart, athletic, have lots of great friends and are respectful. The 12 Year old girl gets out of line once in a while but all I have to do is go face to face like a drill sargent and she backs down every time. She knows I'd rather kill her then let her down and casue her to stray. :drillsarge:

She is almost at the dating age, then your gonna really have your hands full. I don't envy you at all for that. That's my biggest fear is my daughter dating.

glockmail
07-13-2007, 10:09 PM
She is almost at the dating age, then your gonna really have your hands full. I don't envy you at all for that. That's my biggest fear is my daughter dating.
We have a deal. If she brings one home with a tattoo, then I get one. Same for earings, pony tail, baggy pants.

nevadamedic
07-13-2007, 11:03 PM
We have a deal. If she brings one home with a tattoo, then I get one. Same for earings, pony tail, baggy pants.

Huh? Your allowing her to date?

-Cp
07-14-2007, 01:24 AM

My fear isn't for my daughter..... I fear what I'd do to the boy who tries to date her .. :)

glockmail
07-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Huh? Your allowing her to date? Not until she's 16.

Trinity
07-14-2007, 09:46 AM
I hear you CP. I have two myself and I've laid out two big fat lines delineating their paths to sucess. If they stray over the line they get beat on. So far its worked great and they are smart, athletic, have lots of great friends and are respectful. The 12 Year old girl gets out of line once in a while but all I have to do is go face to face like a drill sargent and she backs down every time. She knows I'd rather kill her then let her down and casue her to stray. :drillsarge:

:clap:

Hmm sounds like my house I have a path laid out for them and they are not allowed to stray at all. Although I have not spanked my children in years and prefer not to. I have if warranted though. I prefer to sit down and talk with them openly and honestly about things and their behavior and where it could lead them if not changed....I hold nothing back

For instance just the other day my youngest boy who is almost 9 is ADHD and ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) he had been on this kick of hitting his older brother whenever he got mad at him so i pulled him into the bedroom and talked to him about he needed to find a way that worked for him to manage his anger because if he continued down the path he was going his ODD could turn into CD (Conduct Disorder) and he could end up in some serious trouble with the law and possibly even in jail. needless to say we had a nice little 30 minute chat and after words he has been trying very hard to manage his anger....however this will last about a week and then I will have to remind him again about why he is managing his behavior. Spanking with this one just did not work it just made him angrier.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:54 AM
My fear isn't for my daughter..... I fear what I'd do to the boy who tries to date her .. :)

:laugh2: I feel the same way. I trust my daughter, I just don't trust the guy's coming to take her out. Guy's that age have a one track mind, actually guy's any age have a one track mind. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Not until she's 16.

Wow your easy on her. Mine isn't allowed to date while im still alive. :laugh2:

glockmail
07-14-2007, 12:16 PM
:clap:

Hmm sounds like my house I have a path laid out for them and they are not allowed to stray at all. Although I have not spanked my children in years and prefer not to. I have if warranted though. I prefer to sit down and talk with them openly and honestly about things and their behavior and where it could lead them if not changed....I hold nothing back

For instance just the other day my youngest boy who is almost 9 is ADHD and ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) he had been on this kick of hitting his older brother whenever he got mad at him so i pulled him into the bedroom and talked to him about he needed to find a way that worked for him to manage his anger because if he continued down the path he was going his ODD could turn into CD (Conduct Disorder) and he could end up in some serious trouble with the law and possibly even in jail. needless to say we had a nice little 30 minute chat and after words he has been trying very hard to manage his anger....however this will last about a week and then I will have to remind him again about why he is managing his behavior. Spanking with this one just did not work it just made him angrier.

All kids are different including my two, born 2 years apart, so go figure. When my son was a toddler and he did something he knew was wrong I gave him certain terms: don't do as I tell you and I will give you a "holding". In this technique I held him on my lap or on the couch with his head lodged in my chest and my legs over his, so he could not move at all. This is very confining and gives the feeling to the child that the parent has complete control. This would get him into a panic to get away, but the only way I would let him go was after he was able to take 10 deep breaths. The entire time I would console him and tell him how much we both loved him and such so there was no violence or loud voice on my part. Usually this took 5 minutes or so and after I let him go he would immeadiatly turn around and hug me. I found this to be very therepudic for him and he learned the way to get out of a difficult position was to remain calm and get yourself calm. I used this on him probably about 6-7 times and 3 of those were on the same day. I think the time that this technique is effective is about 2.5 to maybe as old as 8.

When I tried this on my daughter it had the opposite effect and did not calm her down, only made her more hysterical, so after my 2nd attempt at it I took another tact.

One thing that worked well with both was the "red bum". Again I drew solid lines for this punishment, doing something to hurt yourself or someone else. If the violation took place in public it was even better, as the key to this is one is anticipation. Tell them that the punishment will be done at a certain time and remind them of this throught the day, show them something red and say that their bum will be this color, etc. When the time comes get them restained along with the wife, taking all the time you need while telling them how much it will hurt but its for their own good and all, and slowly positioning their butt in the air for the best possible angle, then slowly peel down their pants. By the time you finaly give them a slap, and make it a good loud one, they will be in complete tears but in reality all you did was make a loud noise on their ass. This is immeadiately followed by pulling the pants back up, releasing the hold and then a full hug, along with the child crying like mad. Its all theatrics and works well for toddlers- 10 year olds or so.

When they get too big they are less intimidated by physical punishment and more able to think reasonably. After that I went with simpy taking privledges away, again with solid guidelines.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow your easy on her. Mine isn't allowed to date while im still alive. :laugh2: I usually tell her 25 but the age will be 16.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 12:20 PM
My fear isn't for my daughter..... I fear what I'd do to the boy who tries to date her .. :) I have a plan for the day a boy comes to the door. It will be basically set solid firm guidelines and be upfront that I will kick his ass or worse if he crosses the line.

I do something similar when my kids have a big party or a lot of kids over. I have them all sign in on a list with their parent's contact phone numers and let them know any infraction will reslt in a phone call to get them picked up, no matter where or when.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM

I didn't/don't really cotton to corporal punishment, but there are some that need it. My youngest was always 'a handful.' He bit his Montessori teacher at 2, she had to get stitches, I pulled him from preschool for a year, figuring he wasn't ready for the seperation, (though he had done fine for 3 months). He would say the most awful things to people, from about 18 months old-"You're ugly", "Your old and ugly", "I hate you!" "Die". He spent more time in a corner or his room than his 2 older siblings combined.

By 4 we went to a 'family psychologist' whom I truly disliked, but after the first meeting he said, "I really don't need to see Mom or the two older children for now, anyways." Just the dad and youngest. There was a bit of improvement when we got him on a more positive behavior mod deal, but still he really was monstrous. :laugh2: (It's ok to say that now, he's probably the most success driven and considerate of the 3.)

After his father and I separated, the behavior got worse. He was asked by the parochial school not to return for 3rd grade. The principal there called the principal of the public school. When I went there she said, "We're going to put him in the gifted class, let him know that he can follow the rules or he'll be in a bd class." School ceased to be a problem, (though he managed to put together a gang of shoplifters from his gifted peers by the end of 3rd grade.)

I had him start seeing a psychiatrist at the end of 2nd grade. It's scary just how much a 7 year old with serious problems, does NOT take to being asked questions about problems he's trying to deny. We are talking restraints, threats of hospitalization. It was not easy. At the same time, he was on an anti-anxiety med for less than 6 months. He required therapy for over 3 years, 3 times a week for 3 months, then 2 times a week for about 6 months, then once a week for a year, the rest 'as need arose.'

I wrote that much because so many of us wonder 'how long should therapy last?' I've heard of kids going years and years. Not so, I was lucky that the doctor was truly good.

At the 2nd meeting he told me, "Look this child is determined to rule your house and his entire environment. He can't handle it and YOU have to set the parameters. Yes, try modification or a time out-IF he's responsive, if not grab a paddle and apply it. YOU must show him that he is the child and does NOT have control." Best advice I ever got.

As I said, things got better over time. He was like the ideal high schooler, (really!) He's excelling in university, majoring in criminal justice. :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 12:49 PM
All kids are different including my two, born 2 years apart, so go figure. When my son was a toddler and he did something he knew was wrong I gave him certain terms: don't do as I tell you and I will give you a "holding". In this technique I held him on my lap or on the couch with his head lodged in my chest and my legs over his, so he could not move at all. This is very confining and gives the feeling to the child that the parent has complete control. This would get him into a panic to get away, but the only way I would let him go was after he was able to take 10 deep breaths. The entire time I would console him and tell him how much we both loved him and such so there was no violence or loud voice on my part. Usually this took 5 minutes or so and after I let him go he would immeadiatly turn around and hug me. I found this to be very therepudic for him and he learned the way to get out of a difficult position was to remain calm and get yourself calm. I used this on him probably about 6-7 times and 3 of those were on the same day. I think the time that this technique is effective is about 2.5 to maybe as old as 8.

When I tried this on my daughter it had the opposite effect and did not calm her down, only made her more hysterical, so after my 2nd attempt at it I took another tact.

One thing that worked well with both was the "red bum". Again I drew solid lines for this punishment, doing something to hurt yourself or someone else. If the violation took place in public it was even better, as the key to this is one is anticipation. Tell them that the punishment will be done at a certain time and remind them of this throught the day, show them something red and say that their bum will be this color, etc. When the time comes get them restained along with the wife, taking all the time you need while telling them how much it will hurt but its for their own good and all, and slowly positioning their butt in the air for the best possible angle, then slowly peel down their pants. By the time you finaly give them a slap, and make it a good loud one, they will be in complete tears but in reality all you did was make a loud noise on their ass. This is immeadiately followed by pulling the pants back up, releasing the hold and then a full hug, along with the child crying like mad. Its all theatrics and works well for toddlers- 10 year olds or so.

When they get too big they are less intimidated by physical punishment and more able to think reasonably. After that I went with simpy taking privledges away, again with solid guidelines.
Wow in my later post I mentioned 'restraint' with my youngest son-by a psychiatrist, it's exactly what you did!

Trinity
07-14-2007, 03:21 PM
I usually tell her 25 but the age will be 16.

I told my boy's they are not allowed to date until they are 30 :laugh2:

Will that happen? In reality probably not, but in theory it sounds good!

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
I told my boy's they are not allowed to date until they are 30 :laugh2:

Will that happen? In reality probably not, but in theory it sounds good!

You should encourage your boys to date. It's good for boys to but bad for girls. :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 03:35 PM
You should encourage your boys to date. It's good for boys to but bad for girls. :laugh2:

Would be funny if so many didn't take it seriously. :slap: Truth is, one has to tell your sons how they should treat women and daughters how they should expect to be treated.

My daughter is a guy magnet. Funny, cute, and built. At 16 which is when I allowed her to date, it was weird, for her geek mom. She's not only not a geek, she is a ditz, lol! She'll admit that now at 25. I don't know where we got her. She most certainly has her father's musical abilities. She gets her looks from me, but I think that's it.

At 17, she'd attracted and been attacted to a 25 year old. Needless to say over months, a restraining order was in effect.

It's much easier now. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Would be funny if so many didn't take it seriously. :slap: Truth is, one has to tell your sons how they should treat women and daughters how they should expect to be treated.

My daughter is a guy magnet. Funny, cute, and built. At 16 which is when I allowed her to date, it was weird, for her geek mom. She's not only not a geek, she is a ditz, lol! She'll admit that now at 25. I don't know where we got her. She most certainly has her father's musical abilities. She gets her looks from me, but I think that's it.

At 17, she'd attracted and been attacted to a 25 year old. Needless to say over months, a restraining order was in effect.

It's much easier now. :laugh2:

Well if you ever want a guy who will treat your daughter right, just look me up. :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Well if you ever want a guy who will treat your daughter right, just look me up. :laugh2:

Not in a heartbeat. She's 25 going on 26. She has a 'boyfriend' of almost a year, a history phd candidate no shit. My daughter can interpret music and sing opera like no bodies business. She if way beyond gifted. But she really get confused on where Israel or Sudan are located. BTW she's half Jewish. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Not in a heartbeat. She's 25 going on 26. She has a 'boyfriend' of almost a year, a history phd candidate no shit. My daughter can interpret music and sing opera like no bodies business. She if way beyond gifted. But she really get confused on where Israel or Sudan are located. BTW she's half Jewish. :laugh2:

Which half is the Jewish half? :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Which half is the Jewish half? :laugh2:

her father is a Russian Jew. So what?

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 04:14 PM
her father is a Russian Jew. So what?

It's a joke. Kinda like what half of the body is the Jewish half? It's something my dad says.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 04:16 PM
It's a joke. Kinda like what half of the body is the Jewish half? It's something my dad says.

kinda? Explain.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 04:26 PM
kinda? Explain.

It's a joke. When my dad is getting to know someone and they tell him for instance that they are Half Italian, he will ask which half is Italian the top half or bottom half. You need to lighten up a little. :poke:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
It's a joke. When my dad is getting to know someone and they tell him for instance that they are Half Italian, he will ask which half is Italian the top half or bottom half. You need to lighten up a little. :poke:

Funny, not. You need to realize what it real and not. Where you should interject yourself and not.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Wow in my later post I mentioned 'restraint' with my youngest son-by a psychiatrist, it's exactly what you did! I saw it on a TV thing or read about it a long time ago, thought about it and modified it for the situation. He's a great kid and my pride and joy at 15, so I guess I done right. But as I said, it did not work at all for my daughter. I think the important things for a parent to understand are:
1. Lay down solid rules and guidelines, along with reasonable punishments.
2. Be ready to enforce them; show them who is boss.
3. Discipline means learn. If pain is required, so be it.
4. Discipline for them, not to take out your own frustration.
5. Patience.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 07:46 PM
I saw it on a TV thing or read about it a long time ago, thought about it and modified it for the situation. He's a great kid and my pride and joy at 15, so I guess I done right. But as I said, it did not work at all for my daughter. I think the important things for a parent to understand are:
5. Patience.

Each child is different. Certain things work really well with my daughter but with her half sister those things dont work, you actually need to be a little tougher.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't/don't really cotton to corporal punishment, but there are some that need it. My youngest was always 'a handful.' He bit his Montessori teacher at 2, she had to get stitches, I pulled him from preschool for a year, figuring he wasn't ready for the seperation, (though he had done fine for 3 months). He would say the most awful things to people, from about 18 months old-"You're ugly", "Your old and ugly", "I hate you!" "Die". He spent more time in a corner or his room than his 2 older siblings combined.

By 4 we went to a 'family psychologist' whom I truly disliked, but after the first meeting he said, "I really don't need to see Mom or the two older children for now, anyways." Just the dad and youngest. There was a bit of improvement when we got him on a more positive behavior mod deal, but still he really was monstrous. :laugh2: (It's ok to say that now, he's probably the most success driven and considerate of the 3.)

After his father and I separated, the behavior got worse. He was asked by the parochial school not to return for 3rd grade. The principal there called the principal of the public school. When I went there she said, "We're going to put him in the gifted class, let him know that he can follow the rules or he'll be in a bd class." School ceased to be a problem, (though he managed to put together a gang of shoplifters from his gifted peers by the end of 3rd grade.)

I had him start seeing a psychiatrist at the end of 2nd grade. It's scary just how much a 7 year old with serious problems, does NOT take to being asked questions about problems he's trying to deny. We are talking restraints, threats of hospitalization. It was not easy. At the same time, he was on an anti-anxiety med for less than 6 months. He required therapy for over 3 years, 3 times a week for 3 months, then 2 times a week for about 6 months, then once a week for a year, the rest 'as need arose.'

I wrote that much because so many of us wonder 'how long should therapy last?' I've heard of kids going years and years. Not so, I was lucky that the doctor was truly good.

At the 2nd meeting he told me, "Look this child is determined to rule your house and his entire environment. He can't handle it and YOU have to set the parameters. Yes, try modification or a time out-IF he's responsive, if not grab a paddle and apply it. YOU must show him that he is the child and does NOT have control." Best advice I ever got.

As I said, things got better over time. He was like the ideal high schooler, (really!) He's excelling in university, majoring in criminal justice. :laugh2: Divorce is very hard on a boy, especially a smart, hard headed one. They need a disciplined father.

My wife is an extremely intelligent woman, more learned than I, and sometimes she has no clue why our son does certain things. Me, having been him, just 30 years ago, know exactly what he's thinking, or nearly so.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Each child is different. Certain things work really well with my daughter but with her half sister those things dont work, you actually need to be a little tougher. That's right but those general rules I just listed apply for all parents.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
That's right but those general rules I just listed apply for all parents.

Yup, I agree with that, but it's just amazing how to sisters can be completly different.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 07:50 PM
I saw it on a TV thing or read about it a long time ago, thought about it and modified it for the situation. He's a great kid and my pride and joy at 15, so I guess I done right. But as I said, it did not work at all for my daughter. I think the important things for a parent to understand are:
5. Patience.

I was not as confident of my take with my boys. Not so much a problem with my daughter. I got lucky with the shrink for the boy that was acting out.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Divorce is very hard on a boy, especially a smart, hard headed one. They need a disciplined father.

My wife is an extremely intelligent woman, more learned than I, and sometimes she has no clue why our son does certain things. Me, having been him, just 30 years ago, know exactly what he's thinking, or nearly so.

Divorce is really hard on a child. My half brother from my father's first marriage is a perfect example. He took it really hard and has problems to this day. He hasn't been abl to hold a relationship(he's ben married several times). It also didn't help that his mom died of cancer when he was about twelve.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Divorce is very hard on a boy, especially a smart, hard headed one. They need a disciplined father.

Problem was, there was no disciplined father. Here we are 10 years later, he has a 6 and 2 year old, both out of control, but not my problem. They worry my kids to no end. I can't help.

For my kids, the best I could do was present the role models possible, which were the shrink, my dad, and my brother.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I was not as confident of my take with my boys. Not so much a problem with my daughter. I got lucky with the shrink for the boy that was acting out.
You did get lucky to find a pshrink who finally came to his senses and told you to paddle the boy's ass. Most pshrinks would probably never admit that. I'm not sure how much it cost you, but my experience gleaned from my numerous confrontations with my old man was free.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
You did get lucky to find a pshrink who finally came to his senses and told you to paddle the boy's ass. Most pshrinks would probably never admit that. I'm not sure how much it cost you, but my experience gleaned from my numerous confrontations with my old man was free.

I agree. He also was the one that had the stones to show up in court and say the father was not acting ok for dealing with the kids. Even the one that wanted to see him. Thanks to him, the father was forced for the 3rd time into counseling.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Problem was, there was no disciplined father. Here we are 10 years later, he has a 6 and 2 year old, both out of control, but not my problem. They worry my kids to no end. I can't help.

For my kids, the best I could do was present the role models possible, which were the shrink, my dad, and my brother.

We all know some guys that are fun to be around and all, but a lot of them wouldn't make good fathers. Maybe that's why I'm so difficult to get along with.

ITS EITHER MY WAY OR THE GAWDDAM HIGHWAY!

:laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 08:03 PM

I bet the reason your kids are as successful as they are today is because you were a great role model and a great parent.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 08:03 PM
We all know some guys that are fun to be around and all, but a lot of them wouldn't make good fathers. Maybe that's why I'm so difficult to get along with.

ITS EITHER MY WAY OR THE GAWDDAM HIGHWAY!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I bet the reason your kids are as successful as they are today is because you were a great role model and a great parent.

I think because I was a bitch, some of which was learned as I stated. :laugh2:

I'm very proud of all three of my kids today, especially the 'demon child' as we call him. They all are contributing members of society and either have finished or are finishing university work. The youngest, the monster, will finish 12/08, he's considering the military after graduation, and not because he's right wing, quite the contrary to my consternation.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
I think because I was a bitch, some of which was learned as I stated. :laugh2:

I'm very proud of all three of my kids today, especially the 'demon child' as we call him. They all are contributing members of society and either have finished or are finishing university work. The youngest, the monster, will finish 12/08, he's considering the military after graduation, and not because he's right wing, quite the contrary to my consternation.

The way you talk about them, I guessed you were really proud of them! :) It sound's like you did an excellent job! :salute:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 08:18 PM
The way you talk about them, I guessed you were really proud of them! :) It sound's like you did an excellent job! :salute:

At the time, I fumbled. But yeah, I'm proud. Somehow I did the right things. They all say I was really strict, but I didn't think so.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 08:21 PM
At the time, I fumbled. But yeah, I'm proud. Somehow I did the right things. They all say I was really strict, but I didn't think so. I'd take that as the highest compliment a kid can give a parent, esp. a single Mum.!

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 08:36 PM
At the time, I fumbled. But yeah, I'm proud. Somehow I did the right things. They all say I was really strict, but I didn't think so.

All parents fumble, it's a learning experience for us as well.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I'd take that as the highest compliment a kid can give a parent, esp. a single Mum.!

Yup, I am not as strict as I should be. I think it's really tough to be really strict.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I'd take that as the highest compliment a kid can give a parent, esp. a single Mum.!

Thank you! It wasn't easy trying to weigh in between being Atilla †he Hun and the nanny. I guess I was more attilla. LOL! I took out a restraining order on one of my daughter's boyfriends! Really.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Thank you! It wasn't easy trying to weigh in between being Atilla †he Hun and the nanny. I guess I was more attilla. LOL! I took out a restraining order on one of my daughter's boyfriends! Really.

:laugh2: Have you seen the movie Guess Who with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher? You just made me think of a phrase on it. Ashton Kutcher goes for a weekend to meet his Fiencee's parents and Bernie Mac takes him to a hotel and ask's for the reservation. Ashton ask's him you knew a month ago that you were gonna kick me out? Bernie replies I knew 25 years ago I was going to kick you out of my house when the doctor said it's a girl! :laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
:laugh2: Have you seen the movie Guess Who with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher? You just made me think of a phrase on it. Ashton Kutcher goes for a weekend to meet his Fiencee's parents and Bernie Mac takes him to a hotel and ask's for the reservation. Ashton ask's him you knew a month ago that you were gonna kick me out? Bernie replies I knew 25 years ago I was going to kick you out of my house when the doctor said it's a girl! :laugh2:

It wasn't that cute or innocent. However, it was necessary, and it worked.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:03 PM
It wasn't that cute or innocent. However, it was necessary, and it worked.

It never is. A situation is really bad when you have to get a restraining order. That mean's the guy is getting dangerous, and that is something I don't wish on any woman. I don't think a guy ever should have to try to intimidate, harass, control or hit a woman.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:04 PM
I think if the guy get's to the point where he doesn't trust the girl and starts to stalk her, there is no reason to want to be with her at that point. Why be with someone you can't trust? It only makes the situation more miserable to try to force someone to stay in a relationship by intimidation and fear.

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 09:05 PM
I think if the guy get's to the point where he doesn't trust the girl and starts to stalk her, there is no reason to want to be with her at that point. Why be with someone you can't trust? It only makes the situation more miserable to try to force someone to stay in a relationship by intimidation and fear.

and that's what it took for my daughter to see it. She was 17. Now at 25 we can laugh, but it wasn't funny then.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:11 PM
and that's what it took for my daughter to see it. She was 17. Now at 25 we can laugh, but it wasn't funny then.

Hopefully he didn't hurt her, physically or mentally.

glockmail
07-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Thank you! It wasn't easy trying to weigh in between being Atilla †he Hun and the nanny. I guess I was more attilla. LOL! I took out a restraining order on one of my daughter's boyfriends! Really. I believe you. My cousin's dad had to do that. She was a gorgeous girl and this guy stalked her.

I can see in the future some of my daughters boyfriends taking out a restraining order on me. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I believe you. My cousin's dad had to do that. She was a gorgeous girl and this guy stalked her.

I can see in the future some of my daughters boyfriends taking out a restraining order on me. :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I believe you. My cousin's dad had to do that. She was a gorgeous girl and this guy stalked her.

LOL! Me too! I will say, the other day my daughter said, 'thank you.' I like this 20 something stage. ;)

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
LOL! Me too! I will say, the other day my daughter said, 'thank you.' I like this 20 something stage. ;)

Trinity
07-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Warrant Issued For Teen Accused Of Killing Unborn Baby

July 17, 2007 08:10 AM
Related Links
Boyfriend Accused Of Killing Teen's Unborn Baby

(CINCINNATI) -- Cincinnati police have issued a warrant for a 15-year-old boy accused of assaulting his 7-months pregnant former girlfriend, killing her fetus.

Alfonso Price is wanted for aggravated murder and felonious assault.

According to police, an autopsy performed on the fetus and the Hamilton County Coroner's Office ruled the cause of death as a skull fracture.

Police say Price and two other juveniles assaulted the 18-year-old girl, Kerria Anderson, on Wednesday night on Race St. while she was standing at a bus stop.

Ohio law allows a murder charge against someone accused of killing a fetus that would have been able to live outside the womb.

Anderson, who has a 1-year-old daughter and was due to deliver a second girl Aug. 20, remained in a hospital Monday.

After the attack, Anderson rode a bus to the nearby Hamilton County Justice Center and told authorities what happened, police said.

Anderson's grandmother, Betty Payne, said Price was the father of Anderson's unborn child.

"He wanted her to get an abortion because they were not together," Payne, 58, said. "He didn't want his baby raised by another man."

Price has an arrest record that includes domestic violence charges, police said. His mother, Keisha Pitts, 34, is in a Hamilton Count jail facing multiple charges, including domestic violence.

Price is known to frequent the Over-the-Rhine area. Anyone with information is urged to call Crimestoppers at 352-3040.

FOX19.com staff and information from The Associated Press

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=6794076

Trigg
07-17-2007, 12:17 PM

He's 15.

You could have almost put this in the "lack of father figure in Black community" thread. I wonder if this boy has a father in the home, I doubt it.

The Black community has the highest rate of teen pregnancy, it's been going down for years, but they really need to learn how to keep their legs together.

Why in the heck is a 15yr old having sex, I might be kind of old fashioned, but Damn that is young. My son is 14 1/2 and I know he's talked to a girl he likes. Nothing else, he's to shy.

Trigg
07-17-2007, 12:19 PM
18-Anderson, who has a 1-year-old daughter and was due to deliver a second girl Aug. 20, remained in a hospital Monday.

This girl really needs a chastity belt. Also, WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS SHE DOING HAVING SEX WITH A 15 YEAR OLD BOY????????????????????????

Trinity
07-17-2007, 03:28 PM
18-Anderson, who has a 1-year-old daughter and was due to deliver a second girl Aug. 20, remained in a hospital Monday.

This girl really needs a chastity belt. Also, WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS SHE DOING HAVING SEX WITH A 15 YEAR OLD BOY????????????????????????

Yeah I was kinda wondering the same thing..........I might be able to see it if it were reversed say a 15 year old girl and 18 year old boy considering most girls mature faster then boy's.

Trinity
07-27-2007, 07:16 AM
WTF ok 15 and 18 and they were cousins! Yeah I'd say these kids have some serious issues!

Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested

POSTED: 10:34 am EDT July 26, 2007
UPDATED: 7:56 pm EDT July 26, 2007
[NEWSVINE: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [DELICIOUS: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [DIGG: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [FACEBOOK: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [REDDIT: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [RSS] [PRINT: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [EMAIL: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested]
CINCINNATI -- A pair of teenagers accused of killing a woman's unborn child have been arrested.

Alfonzo Price, 15, was arrested in the 2700 block of East Tower Drive in Westwood shortly after 9:30 a.m. Thursday, police said.

News 5 was first to report the attack on Kerria Anderson, 18, who was seven months pregnant when she was attacked -- allegedly by Price and two others earlier this month.

Officers also arrested Jebreel Wright, 17, in connection with the attack.

Anderson's unborn child, believed to be Price's, was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the Hamilton County coroner said that the attack by two teens caused the death.

Price and Wright are each charged with aggravated murder and felonious assault.

Prosecutor Joe Deters has previously said that he would seek to try Price as an adult.

Price was with his cousin, Johnella Jackson, when police apprehended him, and she told News 5 the teen didn't harm his ex-girlfriend -- who she said was also his cousin.

"Everybody wants to put it on him (but) it's the whole family's fault cause somebody should have said something about them having sex with each other," said Jackson, who is related to both teens.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13760034/detail.html

Trigg
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
WTF ok 15 and 18 and they were cousins! Yeah I'd say these kids have some serious issues!

Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested

POSTED: 10:34 am EDT July 26, 2007
UPDATED: 7:56 pm EDT July 26, 2007
[NEWSVINE: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [DELICIOUS: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [DIGG: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [FACEBOOK: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [REDDIT: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [RSS] [PRINT: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested] [EMAIL: Teens Accused Of Killing Unborn Child Arrested]
CINCINNATI -- A pair of teenagers accused of killing a woman's unborn child have been arrested.

Alfonzo Price, 15, was arrested in the 2700 block of East Tower Drive in Westwood shortly after 9:30 a.m. Thursday, police said.

News 5 was first to report the attack on Kerria Anderson, 18, who was seven months pregnant when she was attacked -- allegedly by Price and two others earlier this month.

Officers also arrested Jebreel Wright, 17, in connection with the attack.

Anderson's unborn child, believed to be Price's, was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the Hamilton County coroner said that the attack by two teens caused the death.

Price and Wright are each charged with aggravated murder and felonious assault.

Prosecutor Joe Deters has previously said that he would seek to try Price as an adult.

Price was with his cousin, Johnella Jackson, when police apprehended him, and she told News 5 the teen didn't harm his ex-girlfriend -- who she said was also his cousin.

"Everybody wants to put it on him (but) it's the whole family's fault cause somebody should have said something about them having sex with each other," said Jackson, who is related to both teens.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13760034/detail.html

Oh good lord!!!!!

Hagbard Celine
07-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Some girls just have that itch. It never gets satisfied no matter what.

07-27-2007, 04:28 PM
What's wrong with kids nowadays? That's easy: Their parents.

Let's face it, children arent being taught right and wrong from their parents. in fact too many adults are pretending that there is no right and wrong. There are alot of irresponsible adults. And when adults are alittle irresponsible, their children take it to a whole new level. it takes generations to get back to the point where they were before without some sort of intervening factor. its pretty sad.

07-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Huh?

they live in a society that degrades the value of life.

Its alright to kill babies.

Its alright to create life without taking any responsibility

its alright to kill cops in video games.

its more important we protect animals and "save the planet" then human life.

07-27-2007, 04:39 PM

yeah definitely bad parenting... cause thats just sick.

nevadamedic
07-27-2007, 06:36 PM
yeah definitely bad parenting... cause thats just sick.

As the Liberal's say......Incest is best put your sister to the test! :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-27-2007, 06:39 PM
they live in a society that degrades the value of life.

Its alright to kill babies.

Its alright to create life without taking any responsibility

its alright to kill cops in video games.

its more important we protect animals and "save the planet" then human life.

Don't forget that Video game where they destory a church.......