PDA

View Full Version : Americans hate the U.S. government more than ever

jimnyc
01-26-2016, 01:25 PM
A handful of industries are those "love to hate" types of businesses, such as cable-television companies and Internet service providers.

The federal government has joined the ranks of the bottom-of-the-barrel industries, according to a new survey from the American Customer Satisfaction Index. Americans' satisfaction level in dealing with federal agencies --everything from Treasury to Homeland Security -- has fallen for a third consecutive year, reaching an eight-year low.

The declines represent some backsliding for the U.S. government, given that satisfaction saw some improvement in 2011 and 2012, which may have been the result of spending in the wake of the recession. While the comparison with private enterprise isn't apples to apples given the nature of government services, the findings have some implications for bureaucrats.

"Satisfaction is linked to broader goals in the political system that it wants to maximize, like confidence and trust," said Forrest Morgeson, director of research at the ACSI. "It's much more difficult to govern if the entire population dislikes you."

Although satisfaction is down for the federal government as a whole, the research found that consumers have vastly different views of specific agencies. The department that received the highest score was the Department of the Interior, which received a ranking of 75 points. That could reflect Americans' positive feelings toward national parks, which many visit while on vacation, Morgeson noted.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-hate-the-u-s-government-more-than-ever/

NightTrain
01-26-2016, 01:31 PM
My least favorite agencies are EPA, BLM and NPS. I'm not fond of the IRS but then again, I've never run afoul of them... yet.

jimnyc
01-26-2016, 01:40 PM
Well, I do hate the IRS. Bastards "stole" 30,000 from us a few years back from our bank account. Turns out that we didn't file something. And THEY OWED US once filed, but nonetheless... At least they gave us our money back in the end, but we had to fight and wait. So let that be a lesson, even if you are owed money, file that shit on time! LOL

As far as other agencies, I'm sure I could compile a list. But in short, my comfort and happiness of government in general and all of it's agencies sucks.

Oh, and the DMV! I know that's state, right? Still government bastards. With all of today's advancements and technologies, it still takes hours to get things done in person at the DMV? Wouldn't have nothing to do with the donut eating bastards behind the counters.

Elessar
01-26-2016, 01:53 PM
There has been a high degree of mistrust created in this Admin;
especially in the DOJ, DOS, and HLS. HLS I cannot agree with, because
I know the insides better than most but still has branches that need
to be refined better.

The Executive Branch has become a joke - almost a dictatorship!

jimnyc
01-26-2016, 01:56 PM
There has been a high degree of mistrust created in this Admin;
especially in the DOJ, DOS, and HLS. HLS I cannot agree with, because
I know the insides better than most but still has branches that need
to be refined better.

The Executive Branch has become a joke - almost a dictatorship!

The DOJ is almost useless anymore. Justice for any criminal within the current administration is all.

glockmail
01-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Aside from the park service, the only federal agency I've ever dealt with is the IRS, and they SUCK! So yeah, I hate FedCo with a passion.

Here in NC the local DMV offices are either license plate or driver's license offices. The driver's license offices are run by the state and the service is typical shitty. The plate offices are run by privateers who won the bid to provide the services in return for a cut of the revenue, and the service is generally better.