PDA

View Full Version : Rant! IRS!

Elessar
01-26-2016, 07:46 PM
O.K....I am going to go on a rare RANT regarding the IRS and present (mis)-Administration.
ON: The IRS used to send Federal Tax forms directly to the Citizens - no longer as of a few years ago.
Instead, they would be sent to Post Offices and Libraries where people could get them - NO LONGER!
Everything has to be done by computer, whether it be filing the documents or ordering them.

What are folks without a computer supposed to do? Rely on Tax Preparer for a hefty (in many case) fee?

Example: My Mom is turning 90 in 4 days. She has never used a computer, does not have one available,
would be baffled trying to use one, and can ill afford to pay a preparer.

This is fully BULLSHIT on the part of "Our" Government!

Our laws allow for the taxing of citizens...Why has this (mis)-Administration made it so hard to comply
with the Law?

Something is really rotten in D.C., and I do not mean in the dumpsters there!

I intend to write to the two Oregon Senators on this misbehavior and ill-treatment of the citizens.

RANT OFF...but more might come along.

indago
01-26-2016, 08:47 PM
O.K....I am going to go on a rare RANT regarding the IRS and present (mis)-Administration.
ON: The IRS used to send Federal Tax forms directly to the Citizens - no longer as of a few years ago.
Instead, they would be sent to Post Offices and Libraries where people could get them - NO LONGER!
Everything has to be done by computer, whether it be filing the documents or ordering them.

What are folks without a computer supposed to do? Rely on Tax Preparer for a hefty (in many case) fee?

Example: My Mom is turning 90 in 4 days. She has never used a computer, does not have one available,

Our laws allow for the taxing of citizens...Why has this (mis)-Administration made it so hard to comply
with the Law?

I intend to write to the two Oregon Senators on this misbehavior and ill-treatment of the citizens.

Our laws allow for the taxing of citizens

Not in our founding documents...

Elessar
01-26-2016, 09:03 PM

That is what Amendments are for:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitut ion

It is the LAW!

aboutime
01-26-2016, 10:10 PM

The magic number is 16 (sixteen), as in the 16TH Amendment....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitut ion

indago
01-26-2016, 11:56 PM

It is the LAW!

The Supreme Court has decided, nearly a hundred years ago, that the sixteenth amendment federal income tax is an excise tax, within the indirect tax category of the Constitution, and not a direct tax upon the person and his property. Of course, the KoolAid drinkers will completely ignore this, not comprehending the difference between direct taxes and indirect taxes.

The Court declared that "the provisions of the Sixteenth Amendment conferred no new power of taxation".

Government was never granted the power to lay a direct tax upon the inhabitants of the States.

Elessar
01-27-2016, 07:58 AM
The Supreme Court has decided, nearly a hundred years ago, that the sixteenth amendment federal income tax is an excise tax, within the indirect tax category of the Constitution, and not a direct tax upon the person and his property. Of course, the KoolAid drinkers will completely ignore this, not comprehending the difference between direct taxes and indirect taxes.

The Court declared that "the provisions of the Sixteenth Amendment conferred no new power of taxation".

Government was never granted the power to lay a direct tax upon the inhabitants of the States.

If this is all accurate, why did they not strike it down?

Yet, what does this have to do with the fact that this (mis)Administration has created
a log jamb that prevents some citizens from adhering to the LAW?

sundaydriver
01-27-2016, 08:26 AM
Intuit has spent $11.5 million lobbying the federal government to keeping the Feds from simplifying tax forms for their benefit to push for online filing.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/27/turbotax-maker-funnels-millions-to-lobby-against-easier-tax-returns/

My list:

Live in Pa. but had to file and pay NJ taxes also because my desk was located 572' into NJ when I worked.

Had to file my local 1.2% income tax electronically because I worked out of state.

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 08:42 AM

with the Law?

Surely there's a way to request and file the old fashioned way?

While I can't imagine going back to the old school ways myself, I fully realize that there are those who have no capability of filing electronically by themselves.

indago
01-27-2016, 08:47 AM
If this is all accurate, why did they not strike it down?

Why should they "strike it down"? Congress was granted the power to lay an excise tax upon businesses — an artificial person — with the measurement being the income for determining the amount of the tax.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 09:48 AM

with the Law?

I go through the same crap with DFAS. "You can access us on line .. blah, blah blah ...." I don't want to access you online. I want to talk to a person or I wouldn't have f-ing called. "It'll save you wait time on hold, sir". Thanks. I got a bluetooth. You can keep me on hold for 7 hours and I won't miss a beat.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 09:56 AM

It is the LAW!

We committed treason against our King for less.

indago
01-27-2016, 10:06 AM
I got a bluetooth.

There's a cure for that...

http://i66.tinypic.com/1pgdpv.jpg

Gunny
01-27-2016, 11:51 AM
There's a cure for that...

http://i66.tinypic.com/1pgdpv.jpg

That won't fit in my ear.:laugh: