PDA

View Full Version : A chance for the others

jimnyc
01-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Donald Trump has officially announced he will not be in the debate in a few days. He said he believes Fox was playing games with him so he dropped. He said he will do his own things and any money will be donated to Wounded Warriors and other veterans.

This will leave the stage to Cruz and the others to battle it out. Here's a chance for someone to step up and take charge and maybe make up ground or take the lead. Who knows how much this hurts Trump, if at all. I don't recall a candidate that is leading to skip a debate before. If someone can't take the lead from him after this, then I don't think they will at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_H8brHbTs

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/26/trump_most_likely_will_not_participate_in_fox_news _debate.html

NightTrain
01-26-2016, 09:21 PM
Wow... pretty risky. I didn't think he'd go through with it.

Perianne
01-26-2016, 09:34 PM
I don't know what to think about this. Only time will tell if he is making the right decision. It doesn't affect my opinions of him, though my gut says it will hurt him.

Kathianne
01-26-2016, 09:51 PM
I'd be amazed if anything he does would hurt him. Not showing up proves he's just that huge.

Black Diamond
01-26-2016, 09:53 PM
More antics from trump, assuming he follows through with it.

There are still too many candidates to put a serious dent in Trumps armour. They will take votes away from one another.

I wonder if trump will drop out.

Black Diamond
01-26-2016, 10:00 PM
I'd be amazed if anything he does would hurt him. Not showing up proves he's just that huge.

Too many candidates. Most should have followed Walker out the door, as he suggested.

pete311
01-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Honestly I think this is genius from Trump. Everything he does exudes anti-establishment and control. His base should love this.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-26-2016, 10:40 PM
I have no clue if it hurts or helps him but it to me seems to be the right move since they refused to remove that biaaaatch avowed hardcore enemy of his as one of the moderators.
She should have been fired for her first little escapade and had her sorry ass stomped by some other woman IMHO.
I stopped watching Fox after that little hatchet job she did. I get my info from other sources now.
It should hurt Fox more . I'll not be watching that debate, I hope millions of others do the same as Fox just yielded to external pressure from Republican elites and dem party enemies in taking this stand and not removing that piece of shit Kelly. They think millions will call it integrity on their part and maybe they will but the smart people will know its not one damn whit about Fox integrity at all IMHO.-Tyr

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/01/26/fox-news-head-ill-let-donald-trump-walk-before-replacing-megyn-kelly-as-debate-moderator/

This post has been updated with Trump's decision to sit out Thursday's debate.

Eventually the boy who cried "wolf" saw a wolf, right? Well, The Donald who cried "boycott" is finally actually boycotting a debate. For real.

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Tuesday night that he is backing out of Thursday's primary debate in Des Moines, Iowa, which will be broadcast by Fox News Channel. The decision comes just days before the Iowa caucuses, which polls show to be very competitive between Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.)

Trump had been publicly mulling the move for a few days, complaining that Fox News host Megyn Kelly, one of three moderators for the event, is biased against him.

LongTermGuy
01-26-2016, 10:45 PM
Wow... pretty risky. I didn't think he'd go through with it.

​I knew he would....And Yes it is Genius ....He knows he is the main draw for the Debate...and he brings revenue for Fox News...Fox News can use him...he can use Fox News...It can work two ways..He is `not` in need of a Job....(POTUS)....

*Now we will see if he is right...watch for the rating soon after the debate...:laugh: See how it goes...

LongTermGuy
01-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Honestly I think this is genius from Trump. Everything he does exudes anti-establishment and control. His base should love this.

Absolutely correct pete...

Perianne
01-26-2016, 10:47 PM
I have no clue if it hurts or helps him but it to me seems to be the right move since they refused to remove that biaaaatch avowed hardcore enemy of his as one of the moderators.
She should have been fired for her first little escapade and had her sorry ass stomped by some other woman IMHO.
I stopped watching Fox after that little hatchet job she did. I get my info from other sources now.
It should hurt Fox more . I'll not be watching that debate, I hope millions of others do the same as Fox just yielded to external pressure from Republican elites and dem party enemies in taking this stand and not removing that piece of shit Kelly. They think millions will call it integrity on their part and maybe they will but the smart people will know its not one damn whit about Fox integrity at all IMHO.-Tyr

I have given her heck on here. It's all I can do.

LongTermGuy
01-26-2016, 10:49 PM
I don't know what to think about this. Only time will tell if he is making the right decision. It doesn't affect my opinions of him, though my gut says it will hurt him.

Dont think nothing of it...watch and enjoy......Im serious...

Nice roll of the dice....:laugh:

Black Diamond
01-26-2016, 10:49 PM
Why wouldn't fox want trump and Kelly on the same stage if you will? Think of the ratings.

Perianne
01-26-2016, 10:50 PM

I just had some roast beef (crock pot), stewed potatoes, and sauerkraut and wieners. Now my "gut" says something different. :)

LongTermGuy
01-26-2016, 10:57 PM
Why wouldn't fox want trump and Kelly on the same stage if you will? Think of the ratings.

Of course Fox would...Trump Knows it...He also Knows "Trump vs Fox" News will bring much attention to him...and last but not least...Trump knows he brings in the ratings at the debates ...which brings money for Fox News...So If they Deny his request...he can say Meh....but still gets the attention of the story...How all this will turn out...should be interesting....On who loses in the long run...

LongTermGuy
01-26-2016, 11:02 PM
I just had some roast beef (crock pot), stewed potatoes, and sauerkraut and wieners. Now my "gut" says something different. :)

I had Polish sausage and sour Kraut today for lunch...I feel fine...:)

Black Diamond
01-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Of course Fox would...Trump Knows it...He also Knows "Trump vs Fox" News will bring much attention to him...and last but not least...Trump knows he brings in the ratings at the debates ...which brings money for Fox News...So If they Deny his request...he can say Meh....but still gets the attention of the story...How all this will turn out...should be interesting....On who loses in the long run...

Trump won't lose enough to make a difference. Too many candidates.

LongTermGuy
01-27-2016, 12:24 AM
Trump won't lose enough to make a difference. Too many candidates.

Yaaaa...we will see how it goes...Remember Trump doesnt need the Job or has to be there...Its up to the American People if they feel he can help the country...He Brings in the revenue for Fox News...His way of bitch slapping the "fockers" .....He knows he is their Money maker...They want to play games he can too...*Hell he can quit right now and work on his tan...and enjoy life...Trump can move his money and doesn't have to help anyone...If the People want his help...the polls will show it...*if not kay sara...sara baby....Most Every one knows without Trump the Debate will be Bland...Everything that need to be said has been said already by the Candidates... so in the end...if Fox sticks to it...and Trump doesn't show...There will be one Loser...that would be Fox...and if he drops in the Polls..No big deal he will take a vacation...So AGAIN...Its always up to the American people if they want Trumps Help...

I am smiling and I am sure Trump is also....;)

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 04:55 AM
More antics from trump, assuming he follows through with it.

There are still too many candidates to put a serious dent in Trumps armour. They will take votes away from one another.

I wonder if trump will drop out.

He's certainly not dropping. I watched a fair amount of his event in Iowa last night and he campaigned as he always does.

I wonder if that will happen, where the others chop away at one another and the one that comes away unscathed is the on who isn't there.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 05:18 AM
He's certainly not dropping. I watched a fair amount of his event in Iowa last night and he campaigned as he always does.

I wonder if that will happen, where the others chop away at one another and the one that comes away unscathed is the on who isn't there.

If they really want trump to lose, everyone but Cruz and Rubio should drop out.

And fox should limit the debate to three people.

Otherwise, assuming this boycott doesn't hurt Trump, it could be over.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 06:50 AM
If they really want trump to lose, everyone but Cruz and Rubio should drop out.

And fox should limit the debate to three people.

Otherwise, assuming this boycott doesn't hurt Trump, it could be over.

You know, I didn't think of it that way. Let's face it, who's left (on main stage anyway) - Cruz, Carson, Bush, Christie, Paul, Kasich, Rubio.

IMO, solely out of those 7, the only ones with a chance are Cruz, Rubio and maybe Bush if he romps in the debate, otherwise he's done too, and I don't see him romping. And while I like the rest, without a chance, I too would rather see the number down realistically.

Now, imagine that happens. Either that, or future debates just limit the candidates... Is Trump going to attend so long as it's not Fox? I believe there are 4 more debates, and perhaps a 5th. I definitely think it would hurt him if it were say only 3 guys, and he bails. He may have a little backing on this one, due to a fight... but I don't think he can get away with this twice.

This may be smart. Bail now and let the Iowa caucus take place. But then there's another debate less than 2 weeks away and then New Hampshire. But coming out strong in Iowa is what they want.

It'll really be interesting this week to see what happens in all the polls after the debate, and what happens to Trumps numbers mainly.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:07 AM
I think this was a reckless move on Trump's part. I felt two days ago he had this in the bag. but hey..

Everything he has done up until now has worked.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:11 AM
You know, I didn't think of it that way. Let's face it, who's left (on main stage anyway) - Cruz, Carson, Bush, Christie, Paul, Kasich, Rubio.

IMO, solely out of those 7, the only ones with a chance are Cruz, Rubio and maybe Bush if he romps in the debate, otherwise he's done too, and I don't see him romping. And while I like the rest, without a chance, I too would rather see the number down realistically.

Now, imagine that happens. Either that, or future debates just limit the candidates... Is Trump going to attend so long as it's not Fox? I believe there are 4 more debates, and perhaps a 5th. I definitely think it would hurt him if it were say only 3 guys, and he bails. He may have a little backing on this one, due to a fight... but I don't think he can get away with this twice.

This may be smart. Bail now and let the Iowa caucus take place. But then there's another debate less than 2 weeks away and then New Hampshire. But coming out strong in Iowa is what they want.

It'll really be interesting this week to see what happens in all the polls after the debate, and what happens to Trumps numbers mainly.

Trump won't skip again. If he even skips this one. I don't see Bush dropping out for a while. He thinks hes destined to win. May even think he's entitled to it..

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:14 AM
I think this was a reckless move on Trump's part. I felt two days ago he had this in the bag. but hey..

Everything he has done up until now has worked.

I'm not saying I agree 100%...

But look at this - his supporters have been vocal and in support of him over Megyn and her handling of the first debate she moderated. Then add in Fox's little jab announcement yesterday before he bailed on the debate. Tons very well may believe he has a legit beef.

I'm curious what he will do instead, and if he plans on any type of coverage to get his own word out. His youtube streaming of all his events gets a lot of coverage, but they don't go crazy in announcing. The only way this makes sense is if he makes a barrage of media announcements and does his own thing to lure over viewers and steals the spotlight. And I think if he did try that, it would have started already, only has until tomorrow night. Or maybe his plan is to stay out of harms way until after Iowa?

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:16 AM
Trump won't skip again. If he even skips this one. I don't see Bush dropping out for a while. He thinks hes destined to win. May even think he's entitled to it..

That's another angle, that again he quickly repairs the relationship and eventually hits the stage anyway. But his campaign manager announced he is definitely not attending, and that his word is his bond. So he would be screwed if he showed up now as well!

I thought for sure that Bush would have done much better than this. I said from the beginning that he wouldn't get the nomination and that his last name is the biggest thing against him. But I had no idea that he wouldn't really get any traction at all.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:19 AM
I'm not saying I agree 100%...

But look at this - his supporters have been vocal and in support of him over Megyn and her handling of the first debate she moderated. Then add in Fox's little jab announcement yesterday before he bailed on the debate. Tons very well may believe he has a legit beef.

I'm curious what he will do instead, and if he plans on any type of coverage to get his own word out. His youtube streaming of all his events gets a lot of coverage, but they don't go crazy in announcing. The only way this makes sense is if he makes a barrage of media announcements and does his own thing to lure over viewers and steals the spotlight. And I think if he did try that, it would have started already, only has until tomorrow night. Or maybe his plan is to stay out of harms way until after Iowa?

Why would fox not tell trump that Megyn would be the moderator again? If he does in fact skip the debate, they will lose ratings.
I don't get trump doing this at all. I don't think he would have lost anything by showing up. I realize there are many who support trump over Megyn. I just feel like this one could cost him. It's unnecessary risk imo

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:21 AM
That's another angle, that again he quickly repairs the relationship and eventually hits the stage anyway. But his campaign manager announced he is definitely not attending, and that his word is his bond. So he would be screwed if he showed up now as well!

I thought for sure that Bush would have done much better than this. I said from the beginning that he wouldn't get the nomination and that his last name is the biggest thing against him. But I had no idea that he wouldn't really get any traction at all.
I was surprised George W didn't do anything for him at all. No appearances, no campaigning, nothing.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:28 AM
Why would fox not tell trump that Megyn would be the moderator again? If he does in fact skip the debate, they will lose ratings.
I don't get trump doing this at all. I don't think he would have lost anything by showing up. I realize there are many who support trump over Megyn. I just feel like this one could cost him. It's unnecessary risk imo

The only thing I can think of is his campaign telling him that he had little to lose by skipping, but a screwup in the debate could harm him in Iowa, where the debate was being held? I still don't agree, but I'm no strategist. Maybe the inside word was that she planned on asking him the same questions again? <--- JUST a guess. Something to lose, that's all I can think of.

But did you read the announcement Fox sent out yesterday? It wasn't until after that until he dropped. I thought it was a little humorous, and of course a little childish, but I'm not Trump and don't know just how mad it made him.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:29 AM
I was surprised George W didn't do anything for him at all. No appearances, no campaigning, nothing.

I thought the same. I can understand not actively out there campaigning, but why not at least one ad, one appearance, something!

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:30 AM
The only thing I can think of is his campaign telling him that he had little to lose by skipping, but a screwup in the debate could harm him in Iowa, where the debate was being held? I still don't agree, but I'm no strategist. Maybe the inside word was that she planned on asking him the same questions again? <--- JUST a guess. Something to lose, that's all I can think of.

But did you read the announcement Fox sent out yesterday? It wasn't until after that until he dropped. I thought it was a little humorous, and of course a little childish, but I'm not Trump and don't know just how mad it made him.
Can you link me to the announcement? Or what did they say?

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:33 AM
Can you link me to the announcement? Or what did they say?

Fox’s statement said that network officials “had learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president.”

The statement added that Trump “has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”

After reading it, Trump said: “I said, ‘Bye-bye.’ ”

“Fox is playing games,” Trump said. “They can’t toy with me like they toy with everybody else. Let them have the debate. Let’s see how they do with the ratings.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-he-wont-participate-in-gop-debate-on-fox-news/2016/01/26/58fa0b2e-c490-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Fox’s statement said that network officials “had learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president.”

The statement added that Trump “has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.”

“Fox is playing games,” Trump said. “They can’t toy with me like they toy with everybody else. Let them have the debate. Let’s see how they do with the ratings.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-he-wont-participate-in-gop-debate-on-fox-news/2016/01/26/58fa0b2e-c490-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html
So Fox's smart ass comments came before he boycotted?

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:45 AM
So Fox's smart ass comments came before he boycotted?

Yes, and after they made that, he accused them of playing games and then announced himself that he won't be attending.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:48 AM
Yes, and after they made that, he accused them of playing games and then announced himself that he won't be attending.

Ok I had thought the boycott had come first.

Number of candidates may shield the fallout, if there is any. It'll be an interesting week for sure.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Ok I had thought the boycott had come first.

Number of candidates may shield the fallout, if there is any. It'll be an interesting week for sure.

He was angry, didn't want Megan there and said he may not attend as a result, that was a few days back? So Fox released that announcement yesterday, and then soon after that was Trump's response.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:52 AM
He was angry, didn't want Megan there and said he may not attend as a result, that was a few days back? So Fox released that announcement yesterday, and then soon after that was Trump's response.

Oh. The plot thickens....

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:54 AM
Still think it's reckless. But the crazy shit he does keeps paying off.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 07:56 AM
Imagine if he's nominated and pulls this shit in the General

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Oh. The plot thickens....

Still think it's reckless. But the crazy shit he does keeps paying off.

Yeah, who knows. I wouldn't bet a nickel on what this does to the polls. I still want to wait and see what he does instead of the debate.

But now what happens of Megan uses it as a reason to ask many questions to the others about Trump, in a way of mocking him, and giving the others a chance to jump on the opportunity as well, without a direct response.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 08:03 AM
Yeah, who knows. I wouldn't bet a nickel on what this does to the polls. I still want to wait and see what he does instead of the debate.

But now what happens of Megan uses it as a reason to ask many questions to the others about Trump, in a way of mocking him, and giving the others a chance to jump on the opportunity as well, without a direct response.

She could totally use the debate as an attempt to destroy Trump. Then he will ridicule her on twitter and do 25 interviews in 3 days and be more popular than ever. :lol:

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 08:04 AM
She could totally use the debate as an attempt to destroy Trump. Then he will ridicule her on twitter and do 25 interviews in 3 days and be more popular than ever. :lol:

Or she could become the woman who brought down a Giant.

Perianne
01-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Or she could become the woman who brought down a Giant.

She wouldn't be the first.

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 09:00 AM

That makes a lot more sense now. I didn't bother looking into why he was boycotting.

It's still risky, but if FOX is going to keep playing games like that, then I don't blame him. You're not going to get a fair shake by an outfit that puts out that kind of ridiculous bullshit like that.

MSNBC saying that, or even CNN (although they have improved a little lately) wouldn't have surprised me a bit, in fact I'd expect that kind of thing from them.

The Trump / Kelly feud is something not fully understood by me. Her questions seemed to be a bit of a GOTCHA! but did she choose the questions or were they given to her to ask and she was just doing her job? I always assumed that the questions were prepared beforehand and given to the mods.

Whoever put together that statement that Trump would replace his cabinet by Twitter followers clearly has an axe to grind and should be removed from the organization - they are disgracing themselves by such stories.

sundaydriver
01-27-2016, 09:18 AM
Can Trump be using "unfairness" by Fox to boycott the debate because of it's time for the other candidates to really come after him and he wants to avoid that? It's 100% sure that would happen if he shows.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Donald Trump has officially announced he will not be in the debate in a few days. He said he believes Fox was playing games with him so he dropped. He said he will do his own things and any money will be donated to Wounded Warriors and other veterans.

This will leave the stage to Cruz and the others to battle it out. Here's a chance for someone to step up and take charge and maybe make up ground or take the lead. Who knows how much this hurts Trump, if at all. I don't recall a candidate that is leading to skip a debate before. If someone can't take the lead from him after this, then I don't think they will at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_H8brHbTs

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/26/trump_most_likely_will_not_participate_in_fox_news _debate.html

Megyn Kelly us a shrew and I don't care much for her. At the same time, she was no harder on Trump than she is anyone else. And it isn't that he thinks Fox isn;t being fair ... it's that he demanded Fox replace Megyn Kelly and Fox said no. I agree with Fox's decision. Trump wants sugar-coated questions but he sure as Hell doesn't hand out any sugar when his lips start moving.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 09:32 AM

Here's a combination for you: St Louis BBQ ribs, lobster tail and a T-bone (I'd starve before I eat sauerkraut ). My gut was doing the happy dance. :mm:

Gunny
01-27-2016, 09:37 AM

Bush is done. He just doesn't have the personality, and quite frankly, it's just as well, IMO. He was a great governor, but he is too much part of the establishment GOP from 2 decades ago. Contrary to what others assume, I'm all for shaking up Congress and the government as a whole. Some of us just don't agree on who is the right person to do it.

This is a mistake on Trump's part for those that don't like him or are on the bubble. He wants to be President of the US, but runs away from Megyn Kelly?

Abbey Marie
01-27-2016, 09:40 AM

Wow, that was so unprofessional of Fox. Are they that much in the tank for Megyn Kelly?

Btw, I wonder if this means that Carly will be put back in the main debate...

Gunny
01-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Wow, that was so unprofessional of Fox. Are they that much in the tank for Megyn Kelly?

Hypothetical question: If a member of this board goes to Jim and demands that a moderator be removed or he/she won't post, what's the response?

I don't see it as unprofessional not allowing the participants in a debacle dictate anything.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Hypothetical question: If a member of this board goes to Jim and demands that a moderator be removed or he/she won't post, what's the response?

I don't see it as unprofessional not allowing the participants in a debacle dictate anything.

Could you not tell I was specifically referring to Fox's comments?

LongTermGuy
01-27-2016, 09:50 AM

~ "But then there's another debate less than 2 weeks away" ~

By.. 2 weeks (Trump Fox thing)....it will be resolved....

LongTermGuy
01-27-2016, 09:53 AM

Again... it comes down to this ^^^ So lets see what happens...should be Interesting..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 10:04 AM
Can Trump be using "unfairness" by Fox to boycott the debate because of it's time for the other candidates to really come after him and he wants to avoid that? It's 100% sure that would happen if he shows.

HAHA, REALLY COME AFTER HIM?
REALLY?
So what , now they decide to really come after him?
Front runner is always gone after from the get go.
Only Cruz held back from the start.....

His demand to be treated as fair as the other candidates, no more or no less , is a reasonable request.
His seeing thats not the case called for action on his part and he took it--bravo for him!!!
Fox already lost me as a viewer by their joining the Republican top brass and their playing gotcha games against Trump! They likely lost hundreds of thousands other Trump supporters.
Now they'll lose millions of viewers with that debate.
"Let the bastards play but make 'em pay", thats Trumps take on it and I most heartedly agree with him on it .
And it shows he is a man of action against all comers, thus yet again pointing out that he will quite likely if elected , carry out most, if not all of his major promises. Or at least truly try to.
We can ask no more of a candidate.
Trump will win and this nation will one day see the disaster that his winning averted!
If not then will not matter as we fall as a nation unless of course Cruz gets it.
Any other Republican candidate winning the presidency will just slow down our demise IMHO.-Tyr

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 10:05 AM

I hope so. But she should be there instead of rand.

LongTermGuy
01-27-2016, 10:06 AM
Imagine if he's nominated and pulls this shit in the General

No...cant "Imagine"...he is fighting for the Nomination *Now....and he Knows Kelly would have
more surprise... "specialty" Trump questions in store to boost herself and try to take him down... ....See... Kelly is shielded...If Trump verbally bitch - slapped Kelly...It would be "a war against women"....Trump made the correct move ...still gets publicity...and hitting fox back in ratings... IMO...

Gunny
01-27-2016, 10:12 AM
Could you not tell I was specifically referring to Fox's comments?

I addressed what you posted. If in fact THAT Ayatollah nonsense is Trump's excuse, it's lame. What I saw on the news was he dropped because Fox wouldn't replace Megyn Kelly because he thinks she's too hard on him specifically. If he can't stand up to Megyn Kelly, why should the Ayatollah or Putin be afraid of him?

I would suggest however that whatever powers may be that think they are going to publicly dis Trump if he should end up President, aren't doing their homework. That however is a rumor. The fact he demanded Megyn Kelly be replaced is not.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 10:13 AM

That could very well be their plan but it'll backfire on them as the American people will see right through it and understand another reason why Fox refused to replace that ffing piece of shit Kelly.
Those Americans(millions of Trump haters) want to excuse her first ambush on Trump never seem to understand she did not ambush any other candidates yet they claim she just did her job--ffing and utter bullshit say I..
I could see better than that by age ten.
IT WAS A HATCHET JOB SO OBVIOUSLY CLEAR YET MILLIONS OF TRUMP HATERS SQUIRM TO TRY TO MAKE IT LOOK TO BE INNOCENT ON HER PART AND HOW SHE IS THE VICTIM.-TYR

Abbey Marie
01-27-2016, 10:18 AM
I addressed what you posted. If in fact THAT Ayatollah nonsense is Trump's excuse, it's lame. What I saw on the news was he dropped because Fox wouldn't replace Megyn Kelly because he thinks she's too hard on him specifically. If he can't stand up to Megyn Kelly, why should the Ayatollah or Putin be afraid of him?

I would suggest however that whatever powers may be that think they are going to publicly dis Trump if he should end up President, aren't doing their homework. That however is a rumor. The fact he demanded Megyn Kelly be replaced is not.

Nope. I posted nothing whatsoever about Fox caving or not, to Trump's demands.

What I did post and comment upon, was what Fox said. Which was, as I said, extremely unprofessional.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 10:20 AM

What I saw on the news was he dropped because Fox wouldn't replace Megyn Kelly because he thinks she's too hard on him specifically.

HE DID NOT SAY IT LIKE THAT. When phrased that way it makes appear he wanted to be exempted from criticisms or hard questions-
YET HE ASKED TO BE TREATED EQUALLY FAIR--WHICH SHE AND FOX DID NOT DO IMHO(millions agree with that view).
A fair and a simple request which was and still is ignored by Fox.
Fox is playing games against him and he sees it and he takes action against them--bully for him!
Truth hurts the wicked my friend and Fox rightly deserves to be hurt IMHO.
Also Kelly, should have been demoted or else fired if it was solely her doings to play the gotcha ambush on him ... --TYR

Gunny
01-27-2016, 10:26 AM
HAHA, REALLY COME AFTER HIM?
REALLY?
So what , now they decide to really come after him?
Front runner is always gone after from the get go.
Only Cruz held back from the start.....

His demand to be treated as fair as the other candidates, no more or no less , is a reasonable request.
His seeing thats not the case called for action on his part and he took it--bravo for him!!!
Fox already lost me as a viewer by their joining the Republican top brass and their playing gotcha games against Trump! They likely lost hundreds of thousands other Trump supporters.
Now they'll lose millions of viewers with that debate.
"Let the bastards play but make 'em pay", thats Trumps take on it and I most heartedly agree with him on it .
And it shows he is a man of action against all comers, thus yet again pointing out that he will quite likely if elected , carry out most, if not all of his major promises. Or at least truly try to.
We can ask no more of a candidate.
Trump will win and this nation will one day see the disaster that his winning averted!
If not then will not matter as we fall as a nation unless of course Cruz gets it.
Any other Republican candidate winning the presidency will just slow down our demise IMHO.-Tyr

Fox lost me and it had nothing to do with Trump. They need a new name. Fox News implies they actually report news. All they really do is is have the same pundits talking over the same musical chairs group from one show to another. I don't know how Krauthammer sleeps. He's on Greta, Megyn, O'Reilly and Hannity almost nightly. Same with Geraldo and Juan Williams. Nobody gets to finish a sentence and then suddenly, they're out of time because the pundits used it all up.

I wouldn't however let ANY candidate dictate who my moderators are, nor the questions asked.

And I totally agree in that Trumo has put himself on top and he's the target. He can't handle Fox News yet thinks he's going to take on the Dem War Machine once it gets some traction? Trump would be wiser to beat Megyn Kelly at her own game rather than just take his ball and go home because the rules don't suit him.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 10:27 AM
No...cant "Imagine"...he is fighting for the Nomination *Now....and he Knows Kelly would have
more surprise... "specialty" Trump questions in store to boost herself and try to take him down... ....See... Kelly is shielded...If Trump verbally bitch - slapped Kelly...It would be "a war against women"....Trump made the correct move ...still gets publicity...and hitting fox back in ratings... IMO...

Fox and Kelly were both waiting to ambush him yet again--I'd bet my life on that my friend.
Reason why is it would bring them adoration by both political parties, likely delivered bribes(secretly promised by various entities-(obama-feds, dem party , republican party, globalists, gays, muzzies ,pro illegal immigrant entities , etc.) for doing so and high ratings after the fact etc.
Fox has been corrupted too deeply and will eventually lose big time as we conservatives abandon it IMHO.
They lost me and I was once as loyal as it gets. -Tyr

LongTermGuy
01-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Fox and Kelly were both waiting to ambush him yet again--I'd bet my life on that my friend.
Reason why is it would bring them adoration by both political parties, likely delivered bribes(secretly promised by various entities-(obama-feds, dem party , republican party, globalists, gays, muzzies ,pro illegal immigrant entities , etc.) for doing so and high ratings after the fact etc.
Fox has been corrupted too deeply and will eventually lose big time as we conservatives abandon it IMHO.

Yup well said friend....^^^

Catch you later going to try and make some money....(work):laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Fox lost me and it had nothing to do with Trump. They need a new name. Fox News implies they actually report news. All they really do is is have the same pundits talking over the same musical chairs group from one show to another. I don't know how Krauthammer sleeps. He's on Greta, Megyn, O'Reilly and Hannity almost nightly. Same with Geraldo and Juan Williams. Nobody gets to finish a sentence and then suddenly, they're out of time because the pundits used it all up.

I wouldn't however let ANY candidate dictate who my moderators are, nor the questions asked.

And I totally agree in that Trumo has put himself on top and he's the target. He can't handle Fox News yet thinks he's going to take on the Dem War Machine once it gets some traction? Trump would be wiser to beat Megyn Kelly at her own game rather than just take his ball and go home because the rules don't suit him.

Tactics my friend... big difference in "can't handle" and wisely choosing not to fight on that ground.
Enemy gets the high position best to find another battlefield, you know ignoring that tactical strategy has caused lost wars and lost empires!
So TRUMP SHOWS WISDOM IN PICKING ANOTHER LOCATION.
Bully for him....
Best not to let your enemy choose the terrain they want to fight in. Fox's decision, tweets , PAST ACTIONS, etc, proved they are his enemy and he wisely took note IMHO.-TYR

Gunny
01-27-2016, 10:34 AM

I disagree with that. Megyn Kelly is an equal opportunity bitch. She tries too hard, and it isn't just with Trump. She'd grill her own mother. Fox is like the GOP ... they had a formula for success and they refuse to let go of it and move on despite the fact the rest of the world has. It's not 1995 anymore.

You give them too much credit though thinking they are going to ambush someone. The fact is, Trump is as much part of this problem as anyone else with all his sensationalist crap. He doesn't know how to roll with a punch.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Tactics my friend... big difference in "can't handle" and wisely choosing not to fight on that ground.
Enemy gets the high position best to find another battlefield, you know ignoring that tactical strategy has caused lost wars and lost empires!
So TRUMP SHOWS WISDOM IN PICKING ANOTHER LOCATION.
Bully for him....
Best not to let your enemy choose the terrain they want to fight in. Fox's decision, tweets , PAST ACTIONS, etc, proved they are his enemy and he wisely took note IMHO.-TYR

Tactics require strategy. Trump's off on this one. When the enemy is nothing but words, you take it on. There's no wisdom in this decision. There's a knee-jerk reaction to not getting his way. I would say the same about any other candidate that pulled the same stunt so this isn't about me not supporting Trump.

The problem is glaringly obvious ... Trump doesn't have a strategy. Win by any means necessary without a gameplan is NOT a strategy. He's been shooting from the hip since day one.

I haven't watched one of the debates. First, they aren't debates, and second, they have done nothing but put he GOP candidates center stage so it can destroy itself. A better strategy for Trump would have been to not participate in ANY of them. THAT I could understand. He's not coming out of this looking good.

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 10:43 AM
There were two components that led to this.

First, Trump made noises like he might not attend because of Megyn Kelly moderating. FOX stood up and said, rightfully, that he doesn't get to decide who moderates. I think they're right in this position.

I don't think Trump was really all that serious about it, because he said he was likely going to attend the debate anyway.

The second component is where FOX stepped over the line with the smartass official comments about Twitter cabinets and the Ayatollah / Putin thing. That's not professional whatsoever on any level, and that should not have been said - let alone by an official FOX rep.

Trump has always insisted on being treated fairly, and FOX is wrong about saying such stupid things. It wasn't right for them to do that, especially in light of their upcoming hosting of the debate. The timing couldn't have been worse.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Tactics require strategy. Trump's off on this one. When the enemy is nothing but words, you take it on. There's no wisdom in this decision. There's a knee-jerk reaction to not getting his way. I would say the same about any other candidate that pulled the same stunt so this isn't about me not supporting Trump.

The problem is glaringly obvious ... Trump doesn't have a strategy. Win by any means necessary without a gameplan is NOT a strategy. He's been shooting from the hip since day one.

I haven't watched one of the debates. First, they aren't debates, and second, they have done nothing but put he GOP candidates center stage so it can destroy itself. A better strategy for Trump would have been to not participate in ANY of them. THAT I could understand. He's not coming out of this looking good.

TRUST ME HE HAS A STRATEGY. He is just wise enough not to announce it or explain it to the world because then they could more easily find counters to it.
Have you ever read his book, the Art of the Deal?
A LOT OF WHAT HE IS NOW DOING CAN BE FOUND IN THAT BOOK.
A damn good thing his enemies have such contempt for him that they'll refuse to read it.
Hannibal was eventually defeated when the Romans finally studied his great tactics AND STARTED USING THOSE SAME MILITARY MANEUVERS AGAINST HIM- AND THAT CREDIT GOES TO SCIPIO
WHOSE FATHER WAS A ROMAN GENERAL HANNIBAL'S ARMY DESTROYED OVER A DECADE BEFORE AND THAT FATHER WAS KILLED IN THE BATTLE!
History, we that learn from it have a huge head start. Especially in the fighting arena.
And politics is fighting, without the bullets but with the mind.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 10:59 AM

First, Trump made noises like he might not attend because of Megyn Kelly moderating. FOX stood up and said, rightfully, that he doesn't get to decide who moderates. I think they're right in this position.

I don't think Trump was really all that serious about it, because he said he was likely going to attend the debate anyway.

The second component is where FOX stepped over the line with the smartass official comments about Twitter cabinets and the Ayatollah / Putin thing. That's not professional whatsoever on any level, and that should not have been said - let alone by an official FOX rep.

Trump has always insisted on being treated fairly, and FOX is wrong about saying such stupid things. It wasn't right for them to do that, especially in light of their upcoming hosting of the debate. The timing couldn't have been worse.

Agree with that, all your comment , except the part that Fox was right in the keeping Kelly as mod decision.
My reasoning is that Fox has always proclaimed itself to be fair and balanced and used that boast to garner many , many conservative viewers--now they easily show the reverse is true by recent actions and they also falsely claimed that Kelly was the victim.
They lost me as a viewer and I was once a stone hard loyal viewer.
At the very least they should have assured Trump that she was not going to ambush him again.
Yet seems to me that they wanted this fight and this publicity.
I think it will backfire on them myself and damn well hope it hurts them extremely badly.-Tyr

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 11:13 AM
Agree with that, all your comment , except the part that Fox was right in the keeping Kelly as mod decision.
My reasoning is that Fox has always proclaimed itself to be fair and balanced and used that boast to garner many , many conservative viewers--now they easily show the reverse is true by recent actions and they also falsely claimed that Kelly was the victim.
At the very least they should have assured Trump that she was not going to ambush him again.
I think it will backfire on them myself and damn well hope it hurts them extremely badly.-Tyr

I see your point.

I agree with the idea that it was a GOTCHA! question, but honestly, that's going to come up - guaranteed. A public figure can't say the things Trump has said without taking some heat for it and answering questions about it. Don't get me wrong, Rosie O'Donnell is a horrible human and I think worse of her than Trump does... but feuds like that with words said like they were publicly are fair game.

You know and I know that if it isn't addressed now, it damn sure will be in the General Election with just 2 of them standing on the stage. IMO, it takes the sting out of it by addressing it early.

But if you allow candidates to vet the mods, where is that going to end? I don't want debate questions pre-approved by the candidates, although every single one of them would love to do so. You can't have the media caving to the candidates... that's why all of us scorn MSNBC and their love-fest softballs they give to the 3 stooges.

I want the debates to have hardball questions lobbed at our candidates - but fairly, with the heat going to all the candidates, not just one. But in fairness, as we all know, none of the other candidates have publicly said anything as controversial as Trump has! :laugh: His words cut both ways, and so far it's been remarkably positive for him... but there's always a downside to such a bold and unorthodox strategy.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2016, 11:13 AM

Perfectly stated. And to Gunny's point, I agree that Fox should not back down on whom they choose to moderate. And I say that even though I lost respect for Ms. Kelly during the first debate.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 11:15 AM

The whole thing will cost fox money. And may cost trump the presidency

Gunny
01-27-2016, 11:18 AM

Fox was never fair and balanced. Them claiming so does not make it so.

Megyn Kelly did not purposefully "ambush" Trump. He wasn't prepared for the questions. When you set yourself above everyone else and make yourself clearly the target, you best be prepared to repel boarders. The format is to go after people's weaknesses. Trump is not above the rules. I completely disagree with the rules and the debacles they call debates from the first word and I have been consistent over the years in calling for the GOP candidates to stop the madness.

But if you are going to play the game, gear up and man the line. All of these networks are out for ratings and to create controversy. That makes them NO different than Trump. He's out for the same. He's trying to dictate previously established rules. He's no better than anyone else where that is concerned.

The elephant in the room, IMO, is the GOP. Where are THOSE wuss-bags? They're letting the inmates run the asylum. IMO, THEY are what needs to be replaces, preferably with some people with some balls. They aren't in control of anything in their own party. Either the GOP establishment gets replaced, or conservatives need to start looking elsewhere for candidates. Except for 2000-08, the Dems have controlled the WH since 92.

Rather than thinking Trump is the answer, I'm more concerned with why people think he is the answer when he does not represent conservatives by any means. I get the tired of the same old shit part. So how about the GOP gets its heads and asses wired together, address the actual issue, and make the changes required. As it stands, the GOP is a non-factor anymore. The only reason it stands even a glimmer of hope is because the left is turning on Hillary.

If they figure way to get Biden in office, Hello Obama's 3rd term.

Black Diamond
01-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Is there ANY chance they mend fences and he shows up Thursday?

Gunny
01-27-2016, 11:28 AM
Is there ANY chance they mend fences and he shows up Thursday?

I doubt it. Both sides have drawn a line in the sand. To me, Trump has hurt himself on this one more than Fox has. If anything, he should have said nothing, but shutting him up is like wishing on a pot of gold. Then just either shown or not shown. Pronouncement not required.

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 11:29 AM
The whole thing will cost fox money. And may cost trump the presidency

Yep. Risky.

He did jump a whopping 6 points immediately after Palin endorsed him, and those numbers came directly from Cruz's base. So, Trump might be feeling pretty confident about Iowa.

That being said, missing this debate might possibly catapult Rubio into the lead, if he does well without Trump on the stage. This will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 11:34 AM
Yep. Risky.

He did jump a whopping 6 points immediately after Palin endorsed him, and those numbers came directly from Cruz's base. So, Trump might be feeling pretty confident about Iowa.

That being said, missing this debate might possibly catapult Rubio into the lead, if he does well without Trump on the stage. This will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Out of curiosity, why would you think it might work out for Rubio and not Cruz? I don't dislike Rubio anymore than Bush, but both seem to be rather dull in the way they present themselves.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Yep. Risky.

Re: Rubio, I hope so.

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Out of curiosity, why would you think it might work out for Rubio and not Cruz? I don't dislike Rubio anymore than Bush, but both seem to be rather dull in the way they present themselves.

Just because of the Palin endorsement. Those 6 points came directly from Cruz, so clearly that was a huge blow to him... and I don't think the numbers have settled, yet.

So with a good showing without Trump on stage combined with a strong performance, I can see Rubio being a serious contender in Iowa.

Just my speculation from what I've read... I have nothing from a "Pro" to back up my thoughts on this.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Just because of the Palin endorsement. Those 6 points came directly from Cruz, so clearly that was a huge blow to him... and I don't think the numbers have settled, yet.

So with a good showing without Trump on stage combined with a strong performance, I can see Rubio being a serious contender in Iowa.

Just my speculation from what I've read... I have nothing from a "Pro" to back up my thoughts on this.

Interesting. Cruz has put himself in the same position as Trump. People either like him or hate him. I don't care much for Rubio because he is just more of the same old establishment type. Christie is Ralph Cramden to me. Everyone else needs to just go home.

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Interesting. Cruz has put himself in the same position as Trump. People either like him or hate him. I don't care much for Rubio because he is just more of the same old establishment type. Christie is Ralph Cramden to me. Everyone else needs to just go home.

There's no question that they're both firebrands, which is why they're so popular comparatively to the rest.

Rubio changed his stances on immigration after the recent terrorist events, so I'm willing to take another look at him. He's got the charisma to destroy any Democrat candidate handily and has appeal to the fence-sitters in Independent Land.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Yep. Risky.

While my gut feeling tells me he drops in the polls, and others or one of them gets a leap - I can't imagine the polls doing a 20-30 point difference. We should get a few polls friday, saturday and maybe sunday, but then monday is the caucus, no? And then going forward, it's New Hampshire, and he gets a different debate before that voting. Or I could be way off base and Trump is in 5th place next week, but I doubt it. :dunno:

Gunny
01-27-2016, 01:05 PM
There's no question that they're both firebrands, which is why they're so popular comparatively to the rest.

Rubio changed his stances on immigration after the recent terrorist events, so I'm willing to take another look at him. He's got the charisma to destroy any Democrat candidate handily and has appeal to the fence-sitters in Independent Land.

This should be a cakewalk for the GOP. Yet, they're playing like the Dallas Cowboys. Let's don't just run away with the title, let's keep it a 2 point game until the last second against whoever the worst team in the NFL is. Everyone is focusing on the infighting within the GOP and NO ONE is paying attention to the fact that the Dems are ripe for the picking.

That's why I hate these debates. Attack the damned enemy instead of each other, huh? Obama's f*cked this nation up. Address THAT and how you're going to fix it.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 03:54 PM
Why Trump has already won tomorrow's debate (without showing up)

Tomorrow night, Republican front-runner Donald Trump might become the first presidential candidate ever to win a debate he didn't show up for. The other candidates will show up like they're supposed to, and they'll stand at their podiums answering questions. Some opinion writers will spin theories like, "Trump doesn't really want to win" or "This will be what finally does Trump in."

Some anti-Trump Republicans will believe this is the other candidates' chance to shine. They'll talk about their first-month-in-office goals. They'll talk about their policies and tax plans. Nobody will mention that Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Ohio Gov. John Kasich are on the ends because they barely got in, but there may be some old-school prepackaged zingers. Someone will unleash one of those zingers and think it will make a great sound bite for the media to play over and over. He won't understand that "the zinger" is a dead art; a relic for future archaeologists. They'll dust it off and discover Trump's teeth marks on it.

That's all old paradigm stuff, the way elections were in the before times — before Trump. When he looks at the rest of the candidates on the debate stage, all he's going to see is a bunch of people trying to jam an eight-track into a CD player.

Trump won't miss making news by skipping the debate. Trump is the news. I wrote last week in The Hill that the Republican Party and the media don't pull Trump's strings; he pulls theirs. This is what I meant. This is Trump pulling the media's strings. After the debate, the big story isn't going to be what former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio argued civilly about or whose flat tax proposal The Wall Street Journal likes best. The story is going to be whatever Trump did instead of the debate. Will missing the debate hurt or help Trump? What did he tweet while the debate was on? Did anybody watch the debate? Did the numbers go down? Are Iowans offended?

I don't know if Iowans will be offended. I know I'm not, and here's why. If elections had titles, this one would be called the "tapping into anger" election. All we ever hear about is the anger that Trump is tapping into. These old-paradigm politicians are the source of that anger.

Over the last few years, our politicians have deserted accountability and left it for dead. The debt keeps going up. The IRS targets Americans for their politics and Lois Lerner's hard drive is M.I.A. Americans are meant to believe that men who were on the ground in Benghazi know less about what happened there than politicians and left-wing bloggers. Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton stored classified emails on her personal server. "El Chapo" ran around with fast and furious guns. And nobody is accountable for any of this. And none of the politicians in the government can do anything about any of it as long as the wrongdoers keep up their lies.

From the average American living room, it has become clear that the only laws our politicians are bound by are the laws of presenting themselves perfectly in front of the TV cameras and nailing the preprepared soundbites. Basically, try to keep the B.S. thick enough that nobody sees through it.

The coming Trump victory is simply a continuation of what happened in 2010 and 2014. He has his faults, but so what? People are tired of watching politicians try to present themselves as perfect. Say the right thing. Wear the right clothes. Smile more. Get some boots that add an inch. Use this term, don't use that term. Someone might get mad. Someone might be bothered.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/267142-why-trump-has-already-won-tomorrows-debate-without

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 04:02 PM
Fox censors from it's own dumb statement about Trump

-----

Embarrassed: Fox News Omits Its Own Donald Trump ‘Terrorization’ Claim From Broadcast

DES MOINES, Iowa — Fox News has now resorted to censoring itself.

In the Wednesday morning broadcast of America’s Newsroom, guest anchors Heather Childers and Gregg Jarrett—along with reporter John Roberts, who was live in Des Moines—trimmed the controversial parts of an anti-Donald Trump statement the network issued on Tuesday evening.

The segment opened with Childers asking Roberts about “all the buzz” about Trump, the billionaire 2016 GOP presidential frontrunner, backing out of the Thursday evening Fox News Channel debate here.

“Gregg was talking about Donald Trump fighting a war with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
97%
, but he now seems to be fighting a two-front war: One with Cruz and one with Fox News,” Roberts said. “He’s been trying since last week to have our Megyn Kelly removed as one of the debate moderators. Fox News wasn’t about to give in to that so it was Donald Trump who last night decided he was going to take a walk.”

It then shifted to video of Trump’s Tuesday evening remarks in which he announced that he wouldn’t be participating in the debate.

Then, Roberts edited his own network’s full statement to make it sound better.

“In a statement, Fox News last night held its ground saying ‘we’re not sure how Iowans are going to feel about him walking away from them at the last minute, but it should be clear to the American public by now that this is rooted in one thing – Megyn Kelly, whom he has viciously attacked since August and has now spent four days demanding be removed from the debate stage,’” Roberts said as part of the quote appeared on screen.

“In that statement, Fox News also said that Trump is still welcome in tomorrow night’s debate, and they will hold a place for him—though Trump may have poisoned the well a little bit this morning Heather with a nasty Tweet that he sent out about Megyn Kelly,” Roberts said.

From there, Roberts and Childers shifted into analysis of the news events.

But what’s clear here is that even the Fox News Channel is unwilling to air its entire statement on this development—which was filled with venomous attacks on not just Trump but on Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski too.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/27/embarrassed-fox-news-omits-its-own-donald-trump-terrorization-claim-from-broadcast/

Perianne
01-27-2016, 04:04 PM
I kinda feel like FOX stepped in a pile of something unwanted. Ratings will be waaaaay down, costing them money. Sometimes it's better to swallow your pride and keep quiet. I figure Ailes should have learned that by now.

That Megyn sure must be some fine......companionship.

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 04:16 PM
That Megyn sure must be some fine......companionship.

She IS pretty hot!

NightTrain
01-27-2016, 04:17 PM
This should be a cakewalk for the GOP. Yet, they're playing like the Dallas Cowboys. Let's don't just run away with the title, let's keep it a 2 point game until the last second against whoever the worst team in the NFL is. Everyone is focusing on the infighting within the GOP and NO ONE is paying attention to the fact that the Dems are ripe for the picking.

That's why I hate these debates. Attack the damned enemy instead of each other, huh? Obama's f*cked this nation up. Address THAT and how you're going to fix it.

Nomination elections are always painful.

Things will come together after the nod is awarded.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 05:01 PM
And Buchanan chimes in next...

-----

Pat Buchanan: Trump's 'Got a Perfect Right to Drop Out' of Fox Debate

Donald Trump made the right decision to drop out of Thursday’s GOP presidential debate because Fox News "taunted" and "disrespected" him, veteran conservative pundit Patrick Buchanan tells Newsmax TV.

"He's got a perfect right to drop out. They taunted him, they batted him, they disrespected him in that mock news release," Buchanan said Wednesday on "The Steve Malzberg Show."

"And he simply decided, 'Look, if that's the way you're going to treat me, go right ahead and have your debate. I'm not attending.’ I think he's made the right decision from his standpoint and I hope he stands by it."

For days, Trump had threatened to boycott the debate unless Fox replaced moderator Megyn Kelly, whom the billionaire developer has warred with since she asked about his alleged sexism in the first GOP debate last year.

But on Tuesday, Fox — as if waving a red flag in front of a bull — taunted Trump, the Republican presidential front-runner, by issuing a fake press release to media watchdog Mediaite.com

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/pat-buchanan-donald-trump-skipping-fox-news/2016/01/27/id/711508/

jimnyc
01-28-2016, 10:08 AM
He says a couple of candidates called him and may also skip Fox and come join him. He's either full of shit, or perhaps anyone outside the top 7 thinking they can get better airtime with him?

-----

Trump: Other Candidates Want to Skip Debate, Attend My EventDonald Trump is suggesting he won't be the only one ditching the Fox News-sponsored GOP presidential debate — tweeting Thursday two other contenders called to say they'd like to join him.

Trump isn't saying who else wants to play hooky, but is sure his absence will totally deflate the cable network's ratings.

He's also bragging a big majority of viewers already are vowing not to tune into the last televised GOP debate before Iowa's key caucuses Feb. 1.

In lieu of his appearance on the Fox News-sponsored debate — which he ditched because he had declared the moderators, especially Megyn Kelly, with whom Trump has been publicly feuding — wouldn't be fair to him — Trump announced Wednesday he'd hold a benefit for veterans' organizations.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Twitter-Candidates-Boycott/2016/01/28/id/711595/

Gunny
01-28-2016, 10:11 AM
He says a couple of candidates called him and may also skip Fox and come join him. He's either full of shit, or perhaps anyone outside the top 7 thinking they can get better airtime with him?

-----

Trump: Other Candidates Want to Skip Debate, Attend My Event

Donald Trump is suggesting he won't be the only one ditching the Fox News-sponsored GOP presidential debate — tweeting Thursday two other contenders called to say they'd like to join him.

Trump isn't saying who else wants to play hooky, but is sure his absence will totally deflate the cable network's ratings.

He's also bragging a big majority of viewers already are vowing not to tune into the last televised GOP debate before Iowa's key caucuses Feb. 1.

In lieu of his appearance on the Fox News-sponsored debate — which he ditched because he had declared the moderators, especially Megyn Kelly, with whom Trump has been publicly feuding — wouldn't be fair to him — Trump announced Wednesday he'd hold a benefit for veterans' organizations.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Twitter-Candidates-Boycott/2016/01/28/id/711595/

Do I have to find you an avatar or what? Geez. Ugly drooling dogs and a rat you call a possum. :laugh:

Anyone who isn't tuning into the debate just because Trump is acting like a baby doesn't need to be allowed to vote. The whole thing is childish.

Kathianne
01-28-2016, 10:12 AM
Saw this last night, no one else 'ditching' debates, just two of the early debaters MIGHT show:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/27/new-huckabee-super-pac-ad-ted-cruz-is-sort-of-a-phony-christian-huh/

jimnyc
01-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Do I have to find you an avatar or what? Geez. Ugly drooling dogs and a rat you call a possum. :laugh:

Anyone who isn't tuning into the debate just because Trump is acting like a baby doesn't need to be allowed to vote. The whole thing is childish.

I like smaller animals, some smaller goofy animals especially, and this one almost fits perfectly! Don't push the issue or I'm liable to come back with something worse, uglier... :)

Gunny
01-28-2016, 10:23 AM
I like smaller animals, some smaller goofy animals especially, and this one almost fits perfectly! Don't push the issue or I'm liable to come back with something worse, uglier... :)

Trust me, if the dog has to live in the house, I want small. This thug half-cow half donkey we have is more destructive than a white tornado. And his brick hard head comes right up to the height of the knee I need the ACL repaired in.

Problem with little dogs is they never STFU and they piss and crap on everything.

And if you're threatening to post a pic of Hillary, I'll back off right now.