PDA

View Full Version : Cruz Challenges Trump to One-on-One Debate

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Now this I would love to see! And it would be absolutely perfect if they debated for a few hours, and then finished it by announcing that they would be running mates no matter who wins the nomination.

-----

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Tuesday challenged GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump to a one-on-one debate after Trump said he won't appear at Thursday's Fox News debate.

"If Donald is afraid of Megyn Kelly I would like to invite him on your show to participate in a one-on-one debate between me and Donald, mano-a-mano," Cruz told talk radio host Mark Levin.
Trump has said Fox shouldn't allow Kelly to be one of the moderators after she asked him questions about his treatment of women in the first debate in August. Fox responded that Kelly would remain and taunted Trump's aversion to appearing with her.

Trump said in an Iowa press conference Tuesday the response sounded like it was written by a child and that he would not attend the debate.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/cruz-challenge-trump-one-on-one/2016/01/26/id/711144/

Noir
01-27-2016, 02:11 PM
I know you wanna see them on a ticket together, but i don't think that statements like 'if he is afraid of Megan Kelly...' will go down well with the trump ego machine at all, regarding any future team-up.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 02:15 PM
I know you wanna see them on a ticket together, but i don't think that statements like 'if he is afraid of Megan Kelly...' will go down well with the trump ego machine at all, regarding any future team-up.

Got that clueless machine up and running , do you?

Perianne
01-27-2016, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't do it if I were Trump. What's to gain for him?

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 02:19 PM

Don't underestimate American politics. These eggheads can go from mortal enemies to running mates quite quickly. Admittedly, some of their comments in the past few weeks have left me thinking it's less and less of a chance of happening - but I wouldn't rule it out. For all we know this is part of some weird plan. But I'll take alternatives!

Trump-Cruz
Cruz-Trump
Trump-Rubio
Rubio-Trump
Cruz-Rubio
Rubio-Cruz

And in no particular order of course, and there would even be other mixtures I would consider. Then of course none of them may not want any of them near one another ever again after this! Could be another unknown, another big hitter not in the lineup, or maybe another business person? :dunno:

glockmail
01-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Trump is thin skinned.