PDA

View Full Version : Interesting - RNC drops NBC as debate host

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Perception. So the RNC pulls out of a debate due to "conduct" from the cnbc moderators. Sound familiar at all? But Trump does it solo (I know yet differently), and he's the bad guy. Even the RNC doesn't want to go back to moderators who they feel don't conduct themselves appropriately. Different, but the same, but different. Think about it.

-----

The Republican National Committee (RNC) has formally split with NBC for its debate next month in Houston, announcing Monday that it will partner with CNN to broadcast the event.

The debate was originally slated to take place Feb. 26 at the University of Houston. Now it will take place a day earlier, Feb. 25, in Houston at a location that has yet to be announced.

Spanish-language media company Telemundo will continue to co-host the event, along with conservative magazine National Review and radio network Salem Communications, RNC chairman Reince Priebus said in a statement.

The RNC had announced in late October that it would pull out of the NBC debate over the conduct of CNBC moderators during the third GOP debate in Colorado.

NBC at the time called the RNC's decision "disappointing" and said it would "work in good faith to resolve this matter with the Republican Party."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/266259-rnc-drops-nbc-as-debate-host

Gunny
01-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Perception. So the RNC pulls out of a debate due to "conduct" from the cnbc moderators. Sound familiar at all? But Trump does it solo (I know yet differently), and he's the bad guy. Even the RNC doesn't want to go back to moderators who they feel don't conduct themselves appropriately. Different, but the same, but different. Think about it.

-----

The Republican National Committee (RNC) has formally split with NBC for its debate next month in Houston, announcing Monday that it will partner with CNN to broadcast the event.

The debate was originally slated to take place Feb. 26 at the University of Houston. Now it will take place a day earlier, Feb. 25, in Houston at a location that has yet to be announced.

Spanish-language media company Telemundo will continue to co-host the event, along with conservative magazine National Review and radio network Salem Communications, RNC chairman Reince Priebus said in a statement.

The RNC had announced in late October that it would pull out of the NBC debate over the conduct of CNBC moderators during the third GOP debate in Colorado.

NBC at the time called the RNC's decision "disappointing" and said it would "work in good faith to resolve this matter with the Republican Party."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/266259-rnc-drops-nbc-as-debate-host

Gee, somebody else bailed on NBC. Wonder how that happened? Not. One thing I'd like to see from a GOP President is to break up NBC/Disney the way Reagan busted AT&T. Talk about your monopolies.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Gee, somebody else bailed on NBC. Wonder how that happened? Not. One thing I'd like to see from a GOP President is to break up NBC/Disney the way Reagan busted AT&T. Talk about your monopolies.

I don't know how much this story will get around, but I think it will have those angry with Trump, it will have them think a little bit more about his decision. They may think, hell, the entire RNC is bailing from a station, due to what they see as bad conduct from a prior debate.

Noir
01-27-2016, 02:05 PM
So what happened during the debate that was so bad? I don't remember seeing threads on here about it at the time.

Abbey Marie
01-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Speaking of rats, what the heck is that thing in your avatar, Jim?

jimnyc
So what happened during the debate that was so bad? I don't remember seeing threads on here about it at the time.

They were just a bunch of turds, who spent the majority of the time trying to start fights between the candidates and much less time in actually asking pertinent questions. The candidates themselves spoke up during the debate and the entire audience chimed in with their support. It was actually kind of a disgraceful debate, IMO. They should be focusing on what America wants/needs and the most important issues in the country, and things that are the most pertinent to a president and what they will do.

Gunny
I don't know how much this story will get around, but I think it will have those angry with Trump, it will have them think a little bit more about his decision. They may think, hell, the entire RNC is bailing from a station, due to what they see as bad conduct from a prior debate.

I'm not sure why this decision was made as I have not not watched any of the debates. Not watching the next one won't be a first for me. What I want to know is what exactly anyone has to complain about. First, these aren't actual debates. Not by the rules. Second, why people are using how the so-called moderators as an excuse to bail doesn't get it for me. Not with Trump, nor the RNC. Man the fucking line. Want to be President? Gear up and stuf their shit back in their faces.

Maybe it's about time people wake up and quit letting the MSM determine what they are supposed to think? Regardless who likes who, and you and I have discussed this elsewhere, I'm manning the line. If you're going to wage war, then do it. You don't always get to pick and choose your spots. If I can just repel the enemy on his ground, I win.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 02:13 PM

My new little buddy, or I wish it was. I saw a bunch on a site yesterday, both possums and opossums from Australia. :)

Abbey Marie
01-27-2016, 02:14 PM
My new little buddy, or I wish it was. I saw a bunch on a site yesterday, both possums and opossums from Australia. :)

It does have an Opossum's ugly face, at that. No offense, of course!

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Second, why people are using how the so-called moderators as an excuse to bail doesn't get it for me. Not with Trump, nor the RNC. Man the fucking line. Want to be President? Gear up and stuf their shit back in their faces.

I agree, mostly. But there must be a level of respect from both sides. If the questions are loaded, if they want to push fights, or just otherwise more or less don't ask any important questions - then IMO the "debate" is useless. I just think the RNC doesn't want another repeat of nothing more than trying to make ALL the candidates look bad.

Gunny
01-27-2016, 02:20 PM
I agree, mostly. But there must be a level of respect from both sides. If the questions are loaded, if they want to push fights, or just otherwise more or less don't ask any important questions - then IMO the "debate" is useless. I just think the RNC doesn't want another repeat of nothing more than trying to make ALL the candidates look bad.

It's the whole point of why I hate these so-called "debates". Of course the questions are loaded. They make everyone involved look bad. The only thing the networks are after is controversy. They'll spend the next two weeks barring a terrorist attack needling them to death.

I hate the networks. Their strive for sensationalism apparently trumps what's best for us.

Elessar
01-27-2016, 03:08 PM
It's the whole point of why I hate these so-called "debates". Of course the questions are loaded. They make everyone involved look bad. The only thing the networks are after is controversy. They'll spend the next two weeks barring a terrorist attack needling them to death.

I hate the networks. Their strive for sensationalism apparently trumps what's best for us.

I agree with you on both points. They are not real debates, by any rule. I think most of these 'debates' are nothing more
that a pathetic attempt at creating a very cheap Reality Program, scripted and guided, but not moderated at all.

Kathianne
01-27-2016, 04:58 PM
The decision to drop NBC from debates was back in the fall:

https://gop.com/nbc-letter/?

Wonder why it's news today? When they perceived there was unfair treatment, they dealt with it.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 05:05 PM
The decision to drop NBC from debates was back in the fall:

https://gop.com/nbc-letter/?

Wonder why it's news today? When they perceived there was unfair treatment, they dealt with it.

It's news today as it's showing the similarities. Some are going crazy because Trump bailed, and I guess they're just showing that an entire party bailed from a debate due to perceived bad conduct and questioning. Same with Trump now, he's claiming bad conduct, and unfair treatment from Megan, so he chose to bail. They both didn't like the prior conduct nor the questioning. Different, but yet very similar.

Kathianne
01-27-2016, 05:19 PM
It's news today as it's showing the similarities. Some are going crazy because Trump bailed, and I guess they're just showing that an entire party bailed from a debate due to perceived bad conduct and questioning. Same with Trump now, he's claiming bad conduct, and unfair treatment from Megan, so he chose to bail. They both didn't like the prior conduct nor the questioning. Different, but yet very similar.

Other than he could have withdrawn from this debate after the first, but then that would have been principled and not quite so newsworthy. Instead he went for 'blood' and now this. Again, pure genius in its way. He will likely pick up momentum, nothing he does can hurt him.

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Other than he could have withdrawn from this debate after the first, but then that would have been principled and not quite so newsworthy. Instead he went for 'blood' and now this. Again, pure genius in its way. He will likely pick up momentum, nothing he does can hurt him.

I don't think he withdrew instantly because he was still working with them in the hopes of changing the moderator. He explained his reasoning as far as the "conduct" and questioning, and not to mention her obsession with him on her own show... but they balked. He tried again, they balked again. But then they made a joke out of a press release, and that's when he announced he wouldn't participate.

I don't see where he went for blood as you say. He asked them to drop her, and explained he wouldn't participate if she was a moderator. He ultimately followed through when they made a joke out of it.

Kathianne
01-27-2016, 05:36 PM
I don't think he withdrew instantly because he was still working with them in the hopes of changing the moderator. He explained his reasoning as far as the "conduct" and questioning, and not to mention her obsession with him on her own show... but they balked. He tried again, they balked again. But then they made a joke out of a press release, and that's when he announced he wouldn't participate.

I don't see where he went for blood as you say. He asked them to drop her, and explained he wouldn't participate if she was a moderator. He ultimately followed through when they made a joke out of it.

Cue music-Memories...

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/opinion-blog/articles/2016-01-27/misogyny-is-behind-donald-trumps-boycott-of-fox-debate-with-megyn-kelly

jimnyc
01-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Cue music-Memories...

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/opinion-blog/articles/2016-01-27/misogyny-is-behind-donald-trumps-boycott-of-fox-debate-with-megyn-kelly

Or musical memories from the last few days, few weeks or few months, showing that outside of those who hate Trump, he is more than dominating in all of the polls. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I think he's going to rightfully bail on the debate with Kelly, and then likely also come out on top of the Iowa caucus. That will be the end of Kelly anyway, and then it'll be on to the New Hampshire debate.

They balked, and he's getting perhaps more attention and more media attention now than ever. His strategy, whether folks like or hate him, is unstoppable thus far and he just keeps steady in the polls if not increasing.

Kathianne
01-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Or musical memories from the last few days, few weeks or few months, showing that outside of those who hate Trump, he is more than dominating in all of the polls. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I think he's going to rightfully bail on the debate with Kelly, and then likely also come out on top of the Iowa caucus. That will be the end of Kelly anyway, and then it'll be on to the New Hampshire debate.

They balked, and he's getting perhaps more attention and more media attention now than ever. His strategy, whether folks like or hate him, is unstoppable thus far and he just keeps steady in the polls if not increasing.

Indeed. Same as I've said since he pulled out. I don't think though Kelly will be gone soon, but certainly could be wrong.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-27-2016, 06:52 PM
Indeed. Same as I've said since he pulled out. I don't think though Kelly will be gone soon, but certainly could be wrong.

They should have fired her the first time IMHO.
SHE ACTED VERY BIASED, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
THAT THEY DIDN'T FIRE HER TELLS ME THAT THEY WERE IN ON IT.
Now this recent stunt they pulled verifies they were in on it.....
Fox is forever off my list, so I'll not watch the so-called debate they have but I do wonder which other candidate they will have that piece of scum Kelly ambush.
Surely it will be Cruz as likely they are trying to help the Republican leadership get their man back in it IMHO.
Kelly will cost them dearly and they deserve even worse IMHO.--Tyr

Russ
01-27-2016, 08:49 PM
I don't think Fox is going to change their moderators. We will probably see Megyn Kelly and Brett Bair as the main two, same as last time.

I'd think that FoxNews wants two things out of hosting this debate: 1) ratings, and 2) building their FoxNews brand. They can get their best ratings by maximizing the controversy between Trump and Megyn Kelly, so we will hear plenty of stories about "we're still talking to Trump", and "will Trump get back in the debate?", or "will Trump be hurt by not being in the debate?". Also maybe some ads for the debate featuring pictures of both Trump and Kelly. On the other hand, FoxNews might damage their brand if they even appear to be changing their moderators just because Trump demanded it. Fox will dig in their heels and make sure it appears that they did everything the same as the last debate. They want to seem tough and unswayed by Trump.

Russ
01-27-2016, 09:02 PM

Jim - is there really a difference between possums and opossums?

Perianne
01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Jim - is there really a difference between possums and opossums?

There is a slight difference. Possums are in the coon family. Opossums are in the raccoon family.

PixieStix
01-28-2016, 02:40 AM

Fox should learn a thing or two from them. With their trolling, they may as well be the national inquirer on tv

PixieStix
01-28-2016, 02:46 AM
Cue music-Memories...

For everyone's information the media conveniently leaves out one small word in the sentence he said, "her EYES or whatever" Just like they leave out the words when he said, "temporarily ban muslims from entering our country until we figure out what the hell is going on". Not once did he say ban all muslims ect...

This politically correct bullshit and the feminism is playing on my last nerve

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2016, 06:28 AM
I don't think Fox is going to change their moderators. We will probably see Megyn Kelly and Brett Bair as the main two, same as last time.

I'd think that FoxNews wants two things out of hosting this debate: 1) ratings, and 2) building their FoxNews brand. They can get their best ratings by maximizing the controversy between Trump and Megyn Kelly, so we will hear plenty of stories about "we're still talking to Trump", and "will Trump get back in the debate?", or "will Trump be hurt by not being in the debate?". Also maybe some ads for the debate featuring pictures of both Trump and Kelly. On the other hand, FoxNews might damage their brand if they even appear to be changing their moderators just because Trump demanded it. Fox will dig in their heels and make sure it appears that they did everything the same as the last debate. They want to seem tough and unswayed by Trump.

Fox brought in more ringers. You should check it out--total ambush they were setting up for Trump.
Now I suspect that those three ringers(Candy, Noor and Watson) will be gunning for Cruz.
Obviously its being staged to get Jeb back in the game IMHO..

1) Nabela Noor claims that any criticism of Islam — even after Muslims slaughter Americans in terror acts such as San Bernardino — is “hate speech” and should be “censored and banned.”

2) Dulce Candy is an outspoken activist for illegal alien amnesty, and has been harshly critical of Trump’s plans to build a border wall and deport illegal aliens.
FoxNews and the RNC approved the liberal Google’s choice of these radical activist.

3) Mark Watson, is a Black activist whose position on Trump is unknown.

I was right, when I told gunny Trump was right in choosing to not walk into another ambush..-Tyr

I have been proven right again---

Yesterday, 07:52 PM #20 Tyr-Ziu Saxnot's Avatar Tyr-Ziu Saxnot Tyr-Ziu Saxnot is online now
I've just begun to fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

They should have fired her the first time IMHO.
SHE ACTED VERY BIASED, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.
THAT THEY DIDN'T FIRE HER TELLS ME THAT THEY WERE IN ON IT.
Now this recent stunt they pulled verifies they were in on it.....
Fox is forever off my list, so I'll not watch the so-called debate they have but I do wonder which other candidate they will have that piece of scum Kelly ambush.
Surely it will be Cruz as likely they are trying to help the Republican leadership get their man back in it IMHO.
Kelly will cost them dearly and they deserve even worse IMHO.--Tyr

Black Diamond
01-28-2016, 06:45 AM
Fox brought in more ringers. You should check it out--total ambush they were setting up for Trump.
Now I suspect that those three ringers(Candy, Noor and Watson) will be gunning for Cruz.
Obviously its being staged to get Jeb back in the game IMHO..

I was right, when I told gunny Trump was right in choosing to not walk into another ambush..-Tyr

I have been proven right again---

I don't want jeb. What's a ringer?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-28-2016, 07:05 AM
I don't want jeb. What's a ringer?

Ringer is a fake or a false plant, a pro pretending to be an amateur, a trick , a deception, etc.
My point is they brought in hit people biased against Trump's major stands, Trump's stand against muslims, against illegals, against obama's so-called Syrian refugees that are rife with ISIS members etc.
Point being it was a set-up from the word go. They were setting another bigger ambush, one they were sure would finish Trump.
He just sidestepped it so best the bastards can do is cry about his correct judgment and call him a coward. I call him a wise and prudent man for not making the same mistake twice.-Tyr

Kathianne
01-28-2016, 07:53 AM
There is no doubt, a significant portion of those who used to be considered 'conservative' have joined in a vast right wing conspiracy.

jimnyc
01-28-2016, 07:57 AM
There is no doubt, a significant portion of those who used to be considered 'conservative' have joined in a vast right wing conspiracy.

Serious question - which conspiracy are you speaking of? (still very early for me, although been up for hours, coffee doesn't seem to be helping much as of yet!)

Kathianne
01-28-2016, 07:58 AM
Serious question - which conspiracy are you speaking of? (still very early for me, although been up for hours, coffee doesn't seem to be helping much as of yet!)

FOX, National Review, people who only pretended or thought they were conservatives, all are out to derail Mr. Trump.

jimnyc
01-28-2016, 08:03 AM
FOX, National Review, people who only pretended or thought they were conservatives, all are out to derail Mr. Trump.

Ah, I see, gotcha.

Jeff
01-28-2016, 08:53 AM

Jim not sure if you have ever watched that show " Party down South " I think the show is rather stupid at best but like it so I catch part of it from time to time. The other night they where showing the folks going to be on the show leaving their homes, Hot Dog ( Hannah is her real name ) was leaving her dog with her Bf, it was some kind of tiny Bulldog, it was a Blue color and cute as hell, I thought of ya as soon as I seen it. I will try and look back at exactly what kind of Bulldog it was and post some pics.

Gunny
01-28-2016, 08:56 AM
Jim not sure if you have ever watched that show " Party down South " I think the show is rather stupid at best but like it so I catch part of it from time to time. The other night they where showing the folks going to be on the show leaving their homes, Hot Dog ( Hannah is her real name ) was leaving her dog with her Bf, it was some kind of tiny Bulldog, it was a Blue color and cute as hell, I thought of ya as soon as I seen it. I will try and look back at exactly what kind of Bulldog it was and post some pics.

I bet you watch County Law too, huh? :laugh: