PDA

View Full Version : I Wouldn't Call Them Flip Flops

Kathianne
01-28-2016, 11:37 AM
Most of these he's said during appearances recently, though not as directly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTtD-2_VgTQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTtD-2_VgTQ)

glockmail
01-28-2016, 11:47 AM
How can you not call these flip flops? I think he's an opportunist.

Kathianne
01-28-2016, 11:49 AM
How can you not call these flip flops? I think he's an opportunist.

He's saying much of the same things. He still loves Kelo, still for single payer, still hates GW...

Gunny
01-28-2016, 12:16 PM
He's saying much of the same things. He still loves Kelo, still for single payer, still hates GW...

I got some nice flip flops. They're going to have to survive until I get some new Teva's. Weird as it may sound, they're the only thing I can wear that keeps my hip from going into pain overdrive. The cushioned running shoes don't work. But if I run around like a barefoot Southern heathen, I'm fine. :)

fj1200
01-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Most of these he's said during appearances recently, though not as directly:

I recall that he was against wind farms before he was for them.

Jeff
01-29-2016, 08:57 AM
I got some nice flip flops. They're going to have to survive until I get some new Teva's. Weird as it may sound, they're the only thing I can wear that keeps my hip from going into pain overdrive. The cushioned running shoes don't work. But if I run around like a barefoot Southern heathen, I'm fine. :)

Dam Bro I thought I was the only one in the world with that issue, now I do have my boots I will wear out, but they have to be light and soft as hell and if I wear them all day I can barley walk by the end of it. But my kid gave me a pair of old Adidas flip flops he had about 4 years ago, I have since bought many others, some upwards of 60 bucks ( for flip flops ) and nothing is comfortable, I have no idea what I am going to do when these finally give out. Hell even the Nike's I wear to the gym hurt my feet, and they frown on me wearing my flip flops, :laugh:

Perianne
01-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Dam Bro I thought I was the only one in the world with that issue, now I do have my boots I will wear out, but they have to be light and soft as hell and if I wear them all day I can barley walk by the end of it. But my kid gave me a pair of old Adidas flip flops he had about 4 years ago, I have since bought many others, some upwards of 60 bucks ( for flip flops ) and nothing is comfortable, I have no idea what I am going to do when these finally give out. Hell even the Nike's I wear to the gym hurt my feet, and they frown on me wearing my flip flops, :laugh:

We all frown on men wearing flip flops. But you gotta do what you gotta do. If they stop the pain, then you should wear them. But practice good foot hygiene and get a foot manicure before going out.

Jeff
01-29-2016, 09:03 AM
We all frown on men wearing flip flops. But you gotta do what you gotta do. If they stop the pain, then you should wear them. But practice good foot hygiene and get a foot manicure before going out.

I don't believe the manicure is going to happen, :laugh: I walk into those places with the Ol lady and they give me funny looks, a yea no manicures for me. :laugh:

Perianne
01-29-2016, 09:11 AM
I don't believe the manicure is going to happen, :laugh: I walk into those places with the Ol lady and they give me funny looks, a yea no manicures for me. :laugh:

You would like it.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 09:23 AM

What pissses me off is I like boots . Worn them all my life. Now I'm an old man tooling around in sandals. :laugh:

I don't get it. And we ain't talking $60 boots. Try $200. My excuse s they're required for construction work. But a $50 pair of sandals seems to work the best. That doesn't compute, but I'm running with it long as it works.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 09:39 AM

Afraid someone might call you trailer trash? If my back and leg aren't hurting, they can call me what ever their little hearts desire. Besides, if you're talking regulation shower shoes, I'll run barefoot first. I go for a bit more style than that. Not that I really wanted to go here, but this is one of things that ticks me off about these jerkoffs claiming to be poor when they got cable, an x-box and a cell.

Not that I probably didn't, but I don't remember having shoes except for a pair I wore to Sunday School. I thought shorts were just cut-offs of last year's jeans, and actually wearing a shirt and shoes was getting all dressed up to me. And we played with sticks and used our imaginations.

The curiosity on my part is the physiology. How come these high tech cushioned BS shoes don't help but if I run barefoot I'm good to go?

fj1200
01-29-2016, 09:42 AM
You guys are off topic. Just get some of these and be done with it.

http://www.mackite.com/art/vibrams1_Bikila_Castle_Rock_LS-mens.jpg

:poke:

Perianne
01-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Afraid someone might call you trailer trash?

Uh, no. I don't allow spitting on the floor, and I take my Christmas lights down right after the holidays are over. And I don't have a washer or drying on my front porch. I am a high-class girl. :)

Gunny
01-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Uh, no. I don't allow spitting on the floor, and I take my Christmas lights down right after the holidays are over. And I don't have a washer or drying on my front porch. I am a high-class girl. :)

Please. Who hangs their wash on the porch? We got a clothesline out back for such things. :laugh:

I guess where I swayed from the topic and got on a mission is I get sick of hearing people talk about being poor when they have no idea what it's like. Hell, we didn't even know we were poor. Guess we couldn't afford knowing that either. I remember my mother breaking down and crying because she dropped an egg. That was part of dinner. And of course my dad had to be a dick about it like she did it on purpose.:rolleyes:

But we listen incessantly to what-all people don't have now-a-days. If they'd had cell phones when I was a kid you know what the odds of me having one is? None. Got a better chance of winning the lottery.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 10:05 AM
You guys are off topic. Just get some of these and be done with it.

http://www.mackite.com/art/vibrams1_Bikila_Castle_Rock_LS-mens.jpg

:poke:

My feet don't look like that. And I damned sure ain't wearing anything that looks that gay. :laugh:

Perianne
01-29-2016, 10:14 AM
My feet don't look like that. And I damned sure ain't wearing anything that looks that gay. :laugh:

Those things were popular around here in the medical world a few years ago. Yes, they look gay.

Jeff
01-30-2016, 09:02 AM
What pissses me off is I like boots . Worn them all my life. Now I'm an old man tooling around in sandals. :laugh:

I don't get it. And we ain't talking $60 boots. Try $200. My excuse s they're required for construction work. But a $50 pair of sandals seems to work the best. That doesn't compute, but I'm running with it long as it works.

Hell Bro when all this trash started ( the nerve damage and all ) I had just bought what I call a working cowboy boot, $180, hell I had to give them to my kid, they hurt like hell. The only boot I can wear now without to much pain is a tactical like boot, I get them at Academy Sports and they are soft and extremely light. But even they start to hurt bad after 1/2 a day wearing them, hell a good pair of tennis shoes seems like the logical choice but they hurt like hell as well, but could always be worse, could be sitting in a wheel chair, so I will deal with my little pain there are a lot of folks a lot worse off than me.