PDA

View Full Version : Child Discipline

indago
01-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Ronald Jackson, who is divorced, found some inappropriate text messages on his daughters cellphone. He reprimanded her, and took her phone away. The daughter then contacted her Mom, who was remarried to a cop, and told her that her Dad took her phone. Soon, cops were at the Father's door. He was later arrested. He asked for a jury trial. He was offered plea deals, which he refused. The judge found him not guilty, he still has the phone, but he no longer has a relationship with his daughter. He's planning a federal lawsuit against the local establishment.

article (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1952451-he-took-his-daughters-phone-away-after-he-found-an-inappropriate-text-then-mom-called-the-cops/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Postcron.com)

Elessar
01-28-2016, 03:15 PM
That is quite an overreach by Grand Prairie, as well as a demonstrated bias.

The man did nothing wrong - just has a hateful ex-spouse who is married to a cop now.

Trigg
01-28-2016, 04:26 PM
That is quite an overreach by Grand Prairie, as well as a demonstrated bias.

The man did nothing wrong - just has a hateful ex-spouse who is married to a cop now.

Yep, hate filled ex and a cop who thinks he's the law.

Here's hoping dad wins his lawsuit.

glockmail
01-28-2016, 05:36 PM
This is the key portion of the article:

“As a mom, I’m upset because—number one—the property belongs to me,” she told WFAA (http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2016/01/26/dallas-dad-not-guilty-taking-tween-daughters-phone/79355512/).

And she's right. The dad should have taken the phone from their daughter and given it to her mother, and plead his case to the mom why it should be taken from the child and for how long. If the mom decides to give the phone back to the kid, then he'll just have to decide an alternative punishment, one that he has control over.

Instead the guy's bringing the government into all this, which is just plain stupid.

Nukeman
01-28-2016, 06:05 PM
This is the key portion of the article:

“As a mom, I’m upset because—number one—the property belongs to me,” she told WFAA (http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2016/01/26/dallas-dad-not-guilty-taking-tween-daughters-phone/79355512/).

And she's right. The dad should have taken the phone from their daughter and given it to her mother, and plead his case to the mom why it should be taken from the child and for how long. If the mom decides to give the phone back to the kid, then he'll just have to decide an alternative punishment, one that he has control over.

Instead the guy's bringing the government into all this, which is just plain stupid.From the story sounds like "they" didn't give him a chance then it became the principle of the thing...

Seriously he took the phone and the cops show up!?!?!?

Dallas father Ronald Jackson was stunned when he discovered an inappropriate text on his 12-year-old daughter’s cell phone.
Jackson searched and found even more naughty messages, so he took the phone away as punishment.
A few hours later, officers from the Grand Prairie Police Department knocked on his front door—asking for the iPhone 4 back.
If the dipshit mom gave her daughter a phone at age 12 and didn't keep tabs on it, shame on her. The father was doing what he should do and that was be a parent.

Knowing you from what you have posted on here Glock, you wouldn't have tolerated any of this from your children, besides what if it was an "older" teenager or a teacher that she was sending inappropriate txt/images to!?!?!?!

glockmail
01-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Knowing you from what you have posted on here Glock, you wouldn't have tolerated any of this from your children, besides what if it was an "older" teenager or a teacher that she was sending inappropriate txt/images to!?!?!?!

No, I wouldn't have tolerated it whatsoever. Fortunately for my children, their parents chose their mates wisely, and have stayed married coming up on 30 years. More importantly, their parents have discussed and agreed upon disciplinary tactics, and held to them.

This poor child has parents that are more intent on proving to each other who has more power over the other.

glockmail
01-28-2016, 06:58 PM
Children learn early on how to play their parents against each other. When our kids tried this on us, I became one brick wall while my wife became a second. We set the walls parallel to each other so our kids had no choice but to go in a straight line.

This tactic becomes harder to do if the parents are divorced, and impossible if they don't communicate with each other. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but it is obvious the parents are behaving like children.

darin
01-29-2016, 01:52 AM
I hope he sues and gets tens of millions of dollars. Parents can and should remove ANY property a minor child has that violates parenting norms. If my daughter held my ex's playgirl magazine I would take it and destroy it. If I did not I could be sued for endangering a child. Same principle.

The "mother" is a lying bitch when she says “It was the last thing as a mother I wanted my daughter to go through,” Steppe said. “I’m always here for my kids.”

Fuck off you piece of crap. you Ruined and are ruining your daughter. May God have mercy upon you in the next life - but in this life? You're below worthless.

Now..

"Took the phone away as punishment"

What the hell kind of pansy-ass parenting is happening? "Took the phone away". BIG DEAL. Find your kid, whoop her ass and smash the phone with a hammer. Then whoop mom's ass because she obviously needs discipline.

Jeff
01-29-2016, 08:06 AM
I know here in GA at the school my kids go to we had to sign a permission slip, certain classes let the kids use the phones but if they are caught using it not in one of those classes or doing wrong with them they are taken away, first time it will be given back at the end of the day, 2nd time they will be given back at the end of the year. Now that sounds harsh and I have never heard of any kid losing it for the school year so I don't think they enforce that rule much. But just this week they did, the baseball team was picked Monday night ( they had tryouts all last week ) and one of the kids that made it ( is a jam up player ) got caught on Wednesday with a couple pictures of nude girls on his phone, he was going around telling the other kids it was his ex Gf ( this is the 8th grade ) they took his phone ( which will be returned to the parents the last day of school ) suspended him and threw him off the baseball team.

glockmail
01-29-2016, 08:56 AM
Find your kid, whoop her ass and smash the phone with a hammer. Then whoop mom's ass because she obviously needs discipline. You need a remedial course in anger management, then one for parenting.

darin
01-29-2016, 09:04 AM
What makes you think I'm angry? Dirty messages on a cell phone mean drastic imagery for the kids. They need a little shock.

glockmail
01-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Yeah, what was I thinking? "Whooping ass" on a 12 year old girl and her mother then smashing a cell phone with a hammer doesn't mean that you're angry.

Perianne
01-30-2016, 02:13 AM
Ronald Jackson, who is divorced, found some inappropriate text messages on his daughters cellphone. He reprimanded her, and took her phone away.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8330&stc=1

Gunny
01-30-2016, 08:24 AM
Ronald Jackson, who is divorced, found some inappropriate text messages on his daughters cellphone. He reprimanded her, and took her phone away. The daughter then contacted her Mom, who was remarried to a cop, and told her that her Dad took her phone. Soon, cops were at the Father's door. He was later arrested. He asked for a jury trial. He was offered plea deals, which he refused. The judge found him not guilty, he still has the phone, but he no longer has a relationship with his daughter. He's planning a federal lawsuit against the local establishment.

article (http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1952451-he-took-his-daughters-phone-away-after-he-found-an-inappropriate-text-then-mom-called-the-cops/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Postcron.com)

I hope he wins.

darin
02-01-2016, 02:49 AM
Not guilty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/31/i-was-being-a-parent-father-found-not-guilty-after-taking-away-daughters-iphone/

I hope he considers a lawsuit. And I hope he gets tens of millions of dollars.

glockmail
02-02-2016, 08:55 AM
A judge had common sense. Hopefully the dad will too, not like dmp.

indago
02-02-2016, 05:45 PM
A visual on the participants...

VISUAL (http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/14437-dad-arrested-for-confiscating-daughters-iphone-says-he-was-a-victim-of-police-bullying)

glockmail
02-02-2016, 06:52 PM
​Drama queens, all of them.