PDA

View Full Version : Trump overshadows Republican debate even as he sits it out

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2016, 07:41 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0V619Q

Politics | Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:26am EST Related: ELECTION 2016, POLITICS
Trump overshadows Republican debate even as he sits it out
DES MOINES, IOWA | BY JOHN WHITESIDES, GINGER GIBSON AND STEVE HOLLAND

Even in boycotting a debate with his Republican rivals, front-runner Donald Trump managed to upstage the event on Thursday with a typical dramatic flourish.

Instead of attending a seventh debate, the former reality TV star held a competing event across town that he said raised $6 million for U.S. military veterans. In doing so, he cast a shadow over his rivals, who frequently tossed barbs his way.

Trump's gamble that he could leave the battlefield to his rivals for one night appeared to pay off, with just days to go before Iowa holds the first nominating contest of the 2016 election season. No one appeared to emerge as a central challenger to him during the two-hour face-off in Des Moines.

Trump's refusal to participate in the debate out of anger that Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly was a moderator prompted a flurry of last-minute phone calls with Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes that failed to resolve their dispute.

A Fox News (FOXA.O) statement said Trump requested that Fox contribute $5 million to his charities in exchange for his attendance, which the network turned down.

The debate was the type of event Republicans would routinely have without the flamboyant Trump on stage, and it lacked the electricity that he brings to the party's search for a nominee for the Nov. 8 election.

Without Trump on stage, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie found themselves with more room to make their case to voters seeking a more mainstream candidate.

Both men have an eye on the Feb. 9 first-in-the-nation primary in New Hampshire, which comes on the heels of the Iowa caucuses on Monday and where an establishment Republican like them might have a better chance of standing out.

Senator Ted Cruz from Texas and Senator Marco Rubio from Florida, the two top challengers to Trump in Iowa, engaged in squabbles over immigration and national security and did not appear to threaten Trump's lead. He holds the edge over Cruz in polls of Iowa Republicans.

Trump's rivals mocked his decision to sit out the debate and found ways to criticize him.

"I’m a maniac and everyone on this stage is stupid, fat and ugly, and Ben, you're a terrible surgeon," Cruz told his rivals, including Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, as the debate opened. His next sentence began: "Now that we’ve gotten the Donald Trump portion out of the way."

Bush, who has been a frequent target of Trump's attacks, turned a question about religious tolerance into an attack on Trump's proposed temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States.

"Donald Trump, for example — I mentioned his name again if anybody was missing him — Mr. Trump believed in reaction to people’s fears that we should ban all Muslims. Well, that creates an environment that’s toxic in our own country," Bush said.

Cruz, after a series of questions, said: "If you ask me one more mean question, I may have to leave the stage."

In a swipe at both Trump and Cruz, Rubio chimed in: "Don't worry, I'm not going to leave the stage no matter what you ask me."

SOCIAL MEDIA FAVORITE

With his veterans' event drawing live TV news coverage on Fox News competitors CNN and

MSNBC, Trump absorbed plenty of media attention.

He clung to his insistence that Fox News had treated him badly. He has complained that Kelly insulted him at a debate in August and that a statement from the network earlier this week had belittled him.

Two other Republican candidates, Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee, joined Trump on stage after participating in a debate of low-polling candidates.

Not so former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore.

"I’m not about to go across town tonight to carry the coat for some billionaire," he said at the "undercard" debate.

There was some mystery as to which veterans' groups would receive the money raised at the event, which included $1 million from Trump himself. His campaign did not say which group was getting the funds.

Trump, with just one day's notice on a weeknight, was able to fill to capacity a hall at Drake University that holds 700.

"I didn’t want to be here, to be honest, I wanted to be about five minutes away" at the debate, Trump told the crowd. "When you’re treated badly, you have to stick up for your rights - whether we like it or not."

Trump dominated social media during the debate, leading the entire Republican pack in Twitter mentions throughout the first half of the debate, according to data from social media analytics firm Zoomph.

Trump was by far the most-searched-for candidate on Google during the first half of the debate, at one point outpacing the second-most-searched-for candidate, Rubio, by nearly four-to-one, according to Google Trends data.

Trump's support in opinion polls, much of it from blue-collar men, has not wavered for months despite him insulting Mexican immigrants and Muslims and clashing with Republican establishment figures like Senator John McCain.

(Additional reporting by James Oliphant in Iowa, Doina Chiacu and Valerie Volcovici in Washington, Richard Valdmanis in Boston and Emily Flitter in New York; Writing by Steve Holland; Editing by Jonathan Oatis and Peter Cooney)

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 08:22 AM
I watched his event last night and enjoyed it, and was happy to see him raise a fair amount of money, even though it wasn't in the billions. I was even glad to see Huckabee and Santorum speak, and all 3 of them had only nice things to say about one another. Also a pretty big crowd there for not having any advance warning. All in all I thought Trump did well without the debate.

Perianne
01-29-2016, 08:33 AM
I watched his event last night and enjoyed it, and was happy to see him raise a fair amount of money, even though it wasn't in the billions. I was even glad to see Huckabee and Santorum speak, and all 3 of them had only nice things to say about one another. Also a pretty big crowd there for not having any advance warning. All in all I thought Trump did well without the debate.

I should have watched it. I got so tired of seeing Megyn Kelly and her fake stuff that I wanted to scratch her eyes out.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8325&stc=1

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 09:48 AM
What if Hillary had a similar 'event' to raise 'a lot of money for the vets' and the monies raised went directly to the Clinton Foundation? Would it be ok if they were earmarked for Vets rather than other supported causes?

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/28/trumps-new-pro-veterans-website-directs-all-donations-to-trumps-personal-foundation/

Trump’s New Pro-Veterans Website Directs All Donations To Trump’s Personal Foundation (http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/28/trumps-new-pro-veterans-website-directs-all-donations-to-trumps-personal-foundation/)

Rather than going directly to veterans groups, 100% of online donations on Trump's pro-veterans site will go directly to Trump's personal foundation.

JANUARY 28, 2016 By The Federalist Staff (http://thefederalist.com/author/fdrlststaff/)

After ducking the final Republican presidential debate (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/27/trump-campaign-says-candidate-won-t-participate-in-fox-newsgoogle-debate.html) heading into next week’s Iowa caucuses, GOP front-runner Donald Trump announced that he would hold his own pro-veterans event during the debate (http://news.yahoo.com/trump-barrels-towards-iowa-caucus-five-days-184312976.html) to raise money for veterans. Trump even set up a special website (https://www.donaldtrumpforvets.com/) to solicit donations to help veterans.

“Honor their valor,” the website, donaldtrumpforvets.com (https://www.donaldtrumpforvets.com/), states. “Donate now to help our Veterans.”

The website, which is nothing more than a single page with stock photos (https://twitter.com/BKcolin/status/692769615139770371)and a credit card donation form, claims that “100% of your donations will go directly to Veterans needs.”

There’s only one problem: 100% of the money raised on the site goes directly to Donald Trump’s personal non-profit foundation, according to a disclosure listed at the bottom of the page.

“The Donald J Trump Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization,” the disclosure reads. “An email confirmation with a summary of your donation will be sent to the email address provided above.”

I guress that may be why one vet group said they wouldn't take the money, if offered, to be used as a prop.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/27/politics/donald-trump-veterans-fox-news-debate/

Gunny
01-29-2016, 09:53 AM
Politics | Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:26am EST Related: ELECTION 2016, POLITICS
Trump overshadows Republican debate even as he sits it out
DES MOINES, IOWA | BY JOHN WHITESIDES, GINGER GIBSON AND STEVE HOLLAND

Even in boycotting a debate with his Republican rivals, front-runner Donald Trump managed to upstage the event on Thursday with a typical dramatic flourish.

Instead of attending a seventh debate, the former reality TV star held a competing event across town that he said raised $6 million for U.S. military veterans. In doing so, he cast a shadow over his rivals, who frequently tossed barbs his way.

Trump's gamble that he could leave the battlefield to his rivals for one night appeared to pay off, with just days to go before Iowa holds the first nominating contest of the 2016 election season. No one appeared to emerge as a central challenger to him during the two-hour face-off in Des Moines.

Trump's refusal to participate in the debate out of anger that Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly was a moderator prompted a flurry of last-minute phone calls with Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes that failed to resolve their dispute.

A Fox News (FOXA.O) statement said Trump requested that Fox contribute $5 million to his charities in exchange for his attendance, which the network turned down.

The debate was the type of event Republicans would routinely have without the flamboyant Trump on stage, and it lacked the electricity that he brings to the party's search for a nominee for the Nov. 8 election.

Without Trump on stage, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie found themselves with more room to make their case to voters seeking a more mainstream candidate.

Both men have an eye on the Feb. 9 first-in-the-nation primary in New Hampshire, which comes on the heels of the Iowa caucuses on Monday and where an establishment Republican like them might have a better chance of standing out.

Senator Ted Cruz from Texas and Senator Marco Rubio from Florida, the two top challengers to Trump in Iowa, engaged in squabbles over immigration and national security and did not appear to threaten Trump's lead. He holds the edge over Cruz in polls of Iowa Republicans.

Trump's rivals mocked his decision to sit out the debate and found ways to criticize him.

"I’m a maniac and everyone on this stage is stupid, fat and ugly, and Ben, you're a terrible surgeon," Cruz told his rivals, including Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, as the debate opened. His next sentence began: "Now that we’ve gotten the Donald Trump portion out of the way."

Bush, who has been a frequent target of Trump's attacks, turned a question about religious tolerance into an attack on Trump's proposed temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States.

"Donald Trump, for example — I mentioned his name again if anybody was missing him — Mr. Trump believed in reaction to people’s fears that we should ban all Muslims. Well, that creates an environment that’s toxic in our own country," Bush said.

Cruz, after a series of questions, said: "If you ask me one more mean question, I may have to leave the stage."

In a swipe at both Trump and Cruz, Rubio chimed in: "Don't worry, I'm not going to leave the stage no matter what you ask me."

SOCIAL MEDIA FAVORITE

With his veterans' event drawing live TV news coverage on Fox News competitors CNN and

MSNBC, Trump absorbed plenty of media attention.

He clung to his insistence that Fox News had treated him badly. He has complained that Kelly insulted him at a debate in August and that a statement from the network earlier this week had belittled him.

Two other Republican candidates, Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee, joined Trump on stage after participating in a debate of low-polling candidates.

Not so former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore.

"I’m not about to go across town tonight to carry the coat for some billionaire," he said at the "undercard" debate.

There was some mystery as to which veterans' groups would receive the money raised at the event, which included $1 million from Trump himself. His campaign did not say which group was getting the funds.

Trump, with just one day's notice on a weeknight, was able to fill to capacity a hall at Drake University that holds 700.

"I didn’t want to be here, to be honest, I wanted to be about five minutes away" at the debate, Trump told the crowd. "When you’re treated badly, you have to stick up for your rights - whether we like it or not."

Trump dominated social media during the debate, leading the entire Republican pack in Twitter mentions throughout the first half of the debate, according to data from social media analytics firm Zoomph.

Trump was by far the most-searched-for candidate on Google during the first half of the debate, at one point outpacing the second-most-searched-for candidate, Rubio, by nearly four-to-one, according to Google Trends data.

Trump's support in opinion polls, much of it from blue-collar men, has not wavered for months despite him insulting Mexican immigrants and Muslims and clashing with Republican establishment figures like Senator John McCain.

(Additional reporting by James Oliphant in Iowa, Doina Chiacu and Valerie Volcovici in Washington, Richard Valdmanis in Boston and Emily Flitter in New York; Writing by Steve Holland; Editing by Jonathan Oatis and Peter Cooney)

Actually, he was relegated to nothingness and the participants spent their time on issues and Hillary rather than defending themselves from personal attacks. Breath of fresh air because the bullshit got left on the doorstep.

Perianne
01-29-2016, 09:53 AM
I guress that may be why one vet group said they wouldn't take the money, if offered, to be used as a prop.

I hesitate to disrespect a vet group, but it is a liberal group, so it's not surprising that they don't want Trump money (that would help the vets). So, with this vet group, it is politics about doing what is right and helping vets.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Actually, he was relegated to nothingness and the participants spent their time on issues and Hillary rather than defending themselves from personal attacks. Breath of fresh air because the bullshit got left on the doorstep.

Unless I'm seeing, thus far, a different debate... What major issues did you learn differently about last night? I'm about an hour in and it's the same repeated crap, the same things from the prior debates more or less And maybe Trump didn't kill it in ratings (haven't seen anything yet), the majority of the news seems to be about him again this morning.

This was a mammoth chance for one or more of the other candidates to eat up that time and make up space against Trump, but it doesn't appear that happened.

I like Huckabee and liked listening to him again last night. I wouldn't have minded seeing him make some waves this elections season, but not to be had this time around.

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 10:06 AM
I hesitate to disrespect a vet group, but it is a liberal group, so it's not surprising that they don't want Trump money (that would help the vets). So, with this vet group, it is politics about doing what is right and helping vets.

I would be with you if Hillary held a vets fundraiser and chose to dole out the funds via the Clinton Foundation and the group accepted them. That would be transparent hypocrisy.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:09 AM
What if Hillary had a similar 'event' to raise 'a lot of money for the vets' and the monies raised went directly to the Clinton Foundation? Would it be ok if they were earmarked for Vets rather than other supported causes?

I certainly don't know much about this in less than 24 hours. Perhaps the money is being directed that way and then to the vets causes, no idea. Or perhaps doing so for tax reasons for the person donating, since it wouldn't be directly going to any particular charity in less than 24 hours notice? No idea. The organization is collecting the money and ran the event, so not really surprising. But I'm not ready in less than a day to claim that he pulled a fast one and is taking money meant for veterans.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Unless I'm seeing, thus far, a different debate... What major issues did you learn differently about last night? I'm about an hour in and it's the same repeated crap, the same things from the prior debates more or less And maybe Trump didn't kill it in ratings (haven't seen anything yet), the majority of the news seems to be about him again this morning.

This was a mammoth chance for one or more of the other candidates to eat up that time and make up space against Trump, but it doesn't appear that happened.

I like Huckabee and liked listening to him again last night. I wouldn't have minded seeing him make some waves this elections season, but not to be had this time around.

Did you think it wasn't going to be the same repeat crap? Which of the major issues have changed? What I saw different is people got to impart their message without having some personal cheap shot coming in from the side. And I only watched the aftermath. I won't and don't watch the so-called "debates".

What I came away with was a sense of everyone was happy without the thundering storm cloud of nonsense not being there.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:10 AM
I would be with you if Hillary held a vets fundraiser and chose to dole out the funds via the Clinton Foundation and the group accepted them. That would be transparent hypocrisy.

IF that were the case, which is an awfully big leap at this point with very little to no facts to base things on, other than the organization name collecting the funds listed at the bottom of the site, which I believe they must do for legal reasons, if the donater needs to know if the donation is tax deductible or not.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Did you think it wasn't going to be the same repeat crap? Which of the major issues have changed? What I saw different is people got to impart their message without having some personal cheap shot coming in from the side. And I only watched the aftermath. I won't and don't watch the so-called "debates".

What I came away with was a sense of everyone was happy without the thundering storm cloud of nonsense not being there.

I thought I was responding to Perianne? I'm out of coffee, btw, Jim .... share you stingy ass pr*ck. :laugh:

Difference of opinion. I don't like the theatrics. Discuss the issues. Attack Billary, not each other. I thought Megyn Kelly's post drama cheap shots at Trump were unprofessional.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:14 AM

I assumed it would be somewhat different perhaps, yes. I didn't see any different messages thus far, nor anything at all somehow different because Trump wasn't there. Sure, of course we didn't have to listen to his complaining, but I, so far, haven't seen any different messages as a result. With or without Trump there and discussing things with them, the other candidates weren't able to get any message out there, or a different message, or make up any ground.

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 10:15 AM
I certainly don't know much about this in less than 24 hours. Perhaps the money is being directed that way and then to the vets causes, no idea. Or perhaps doing so for tax reasons for the person donating, since it wouldn't be directly going to any particular charity in less than 24 hours notice? No idea. The organization is collecting the money and ran the event, so not really surprising. But I'm not ready in less than a day to claim that he pulled a fast one and is taking money meant for veterans.

Where was that said or even implied? I'm just curious if the same praise would be for Hillary doing the same and using the Clinton Foundation?

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:15 AM
I thought I was responding to Perianne? I'm out of coffee, btw, Jim .... share you stingy ass pr*ck. :laugh:

Difference of opinion. I don't like the theatrics. Discuss the issues. Attack Billary, not each other.

I'm on 3, but that's low considering I got up late today!!

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 10:18 AM
I assumed it would be somewhat different perhaps, yes. I didn't see any different messages thus far, nor anything at all somehow different because Trump wasn't there. Sure, of course we didn't have to listen to his complaining, but I, so far, haven't seen any different messages as a result. With or without Trump there and discussing things with them, the other candidates weren't able to get any message out there, or a different message, or make up any ground.

I heard them defend their past statements and clarify things they've done. They were able to provide some context. They were able to prioritize what they felt were the most important issues to be addressed. There was little tearing down of the others, much more focus on Hillary.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Where was that said or even implied? I'm just curious if the same praise would be for Hillary doing the same and using the Clinton Foundation?

It sounded like in your first post about the money that it was implied that the money that was earmarked for veterans, somehow went to his non-profit instead. If not to imply that the vets may not see that money, not sure why else it would have been posted? Of course I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not ready to judge anything at all on monies donated or received as it's much too early.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:20 AM
I heard them defend their past statements and clarify things they've done. They were able to provide some context. They were able to prioritize what they felt were the most important issues to be addressed. There was little tearing down of the others, much more focus on Hillary.

It all seems the same to me. I had thought in prior debates that almost every candidate used time to jump on Clinton at one point or another. Perhaps there is more in this one, but I'm not done yet...

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 10:21 AM
It sounded like in your first post about the money that it was implied that the money that was earmarked for veterans, somehow went to his non-profit instead. If not to imply that the vets may not see that money, not sure why else it would have been posted? Of course I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not ready to judge anything at all on monies donated or received as it's much too early.

That the monies were directly, 100% to the foundation. Now, perhaps there is some reason given the time limits, those monies will be exempted from the normal foundation administrative costs? I dunno. It just seems a bit over the top from what was claimed. I'm sure there will be clarity.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 10:21 AM

What money has been earmarked for veterans? One, it couldn't be enough. Two, FYI, it must be O-blah-blah's last year in office. We didn't even get that pittance of a $10 raise to offset the cost of living this year. First time in 30 years.

We aren't worht shit to these idiots except as a political bargaining chip and we may as well be blacks promised something we never get by Democrats.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:25 AM
What money has been earmarked for veterans? One, it couldn't be enough. Two, FYI, it must be O-blah-blah's last year in office. We didn't even get that pittance of a $10 raise to offset the cost of living this year. First time in 30 years.

We aren't worht shit to these idiots except as a political bargaining chip and we may as well be blacks promised something we never get by Democrats.

Yes, all money raised by Trump last night will go towards veterans. It was apparently more than $6 million. He also brought up a friend who donated $1 million. He also named names on a few others, inluding Carl Icahn. If this was a ruse, and ends up staying solely with his own organization, it will be extremely easy to catch, and likely have been the worst hidden secret known to man!

And yeaps, no way in hell such a tiny amount does much, but every little bit helps. I was really taken back with the speeches from Santorum and Huckabee, VERY genuine from both of them. And you know it was, seeing them doing to HIS event and getting behind a podium with his name on it - so that they can speak up for veterans and help raise money. Major kudos to the 2 of them!!

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 10:37 AM
Yes, all money raised by Trump last night will go towards veterans. It was apparently more than $6 million. He also brought up a friend who donated $1 million. He also named names on a few others, inluding Carl Icahn. If this was a ruse, and ends up staying solely with his own organization, it will be extremely easy to catch, and likely have been the worst hidden secret known to man!

And yeaps, no way in hell such a tiny amount does much, but every little bit helps. I was really taken back with the speeches from Santorum and Huckabee, VERY genuine from both of them. And you know it was, seeing them doing to HIS event and getting behind a podium with his name on it - so that they can speak up for veterans and help raise money. Major kudos to the 2 of them!!

As Limbaugh said, "They hate Trump, they fear Cruz."

Gunny
01-29-2016, 10:38 AM

This is a rather complicated topic for me. Survivor's guilt sucks. I'd go out to the hospital on base and see these guys that but for the Grace of God, there goes me, can't even function. They gave everything they had and yet we treat them like shit. I accept my retirement as something I have earned. But every time I've even thought of going getting VA money and SS disability I just got too much balls. I'd rather be poor, and those people that have actually been hurt need the $ more than I do. Great, my knee and my hip are jacked up. I haven't had half my face blown off.

I wish these asshats would quit using vets as a political means to an end and just take care of them. And I don't care who is doing it. They've given everything to an ungrateful country.

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 10:49 AM
We'll see if this pans out, but they are using CNN as the source. Seems this debate was watched by more than the last:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/debate-without-trump-gets-better-ratings-than-last-debate-with-trump/article/2000820/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=20160129_TWS-blog-gop-higher-debate-ratings-trump-4_facebook.com&utm_content=TWS

At the site there's also a link to Trump Organization donations to vets, Clinton Foundation, and breast cancer charity. But that was 'in the past.'

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 10:58 AM
The money Trump donated himself and that he raised will go to 22 different organizations. Between the folks who are announced making donations, and Trump himself, and then the organizations himself... if this wasn't on the up and up, and the money was somehow used for his campaign, or doesn't go where stated, I'm sure it will be easy to find out.

If on the up and up, and with the debate stuff aside - awesome of him to give a cool million himself in addition to the others. It would be nice to see others jump on the bandwagon, and to see a great effort going forth and watch that money grow. Perhaps seeing other candidates do the same? And then even better - maybe it will lead to changes down the road and enhancements and better treatment for our veterans.

-----

(New York, NY) January 28th, 2016 – Today Donald J. Trump hosted an event to raise money for Veterans organizations in Des Moines, Iowa. The GOP frontrunner spoke to a record crowd at Drake University and was joined by special guests, including Senator Rick Santorum and Governor Mike Huckabee, as well as Veterans, throughout the night. Mr. Trump personally contributed $1 million dollars to the cause and raised an additional $5 million before the one-hour event concluded, totaling more than $6 million dollars.

Mr. Trump stated, “Our Veterans have been treated like third-class citizens and it is my great honor to support them with this $1 million dollar contribution – they are truly incredible people. We are going to strengthen our military, take care of our Vets and Make America Great Again.”

The night benefited twenty-two different organizations, a number of which are Iowa based Veterans groups. Mr. Trump has been a major supporter of Veterans organizations throughout his life and has made strengthening our military, reforming the VA and taking care of our great Veterans cornerstones of his campaign.

SFC (R) John Wayne Walding, who spoke during the event, spent 12 years in the U. S. Army. He has combat deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan. John's awards and badges include: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Combat Infantry Badge, Airborne Air Assault and the Special Forces Tab. John participated in numerous battles during his deployments; most famous was the Battle of Shok Valley.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-raises-millions-for-veterans-organizations

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 11:05 AM
We'll see if this pans out, but they are using CNN as the source. Seems this debate was watched by more than the last:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/debate-without-trump-gets-better-ratings-than-last-debate-with-trump/article/2000820/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=20160129_TWS-blog-gop-higher-debate-ratings-trump-4_facebook.com&utm_content=TWS

At the site there's also a link to Trump Organization donations to vets, Clinton Foundation, and breast cancer charity. But that was 'in the past.'

I would have thought it would have destroyed in the ratings. I think that was the 2nd worse out of all of them, but still damn good numbers. The last time Trump/Kelly got together it was like 25 million viewers, this one down to 11-13 million. Trump only got like a quarter of that I think I read, but not too awfully bad for the internet and no notice.

LongTermGuy
01-29-2016, 11:12 AM
I would have thought it would have destroyed in the ratings. I think that was the 2nd worse out of all of them, but still damn good numbers. The last time Trump/Kelly got together it was like 25 million viewers, this one down to 11-13 million. Trump only got like a quarter of that I think I read, but not too awfully bad for the internet and no notice.

​Exactly....and more info is coming out....Not bad for last minute stuff...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2016, 11:17 AM
IF that were the case, which is an awfully big leap at this point with very little to no facts to base things on, other than the organization name collecting the funds listed at the bottom of the site, which I believe they must do for legal reasons, if the donater needs to know if the donation is tax deductible or not.

So Trump the billionaire is supposedly stealing donation money from injured military veterans while running for the Presidency!!!
Where does this kind of crap come from?
I knew his success last night in his event would draw criticisms today but this is ludicrous and juvenile IMHO.
JUST HOW WOULD HE DO THAT AND KEEP IT A SECRET TOO??
HIS POLITICAL ENEMIES MUST BE IN PURE DESPERATION MODE TO TRY THIS CHEAP SHOT IMHO.-And I do not care which group refuses to take 6 million dollars to help injured vets--they are wrong for doing so IMHO.
Those vets need every penny they can get after being used, abused and mistreated by obama and the lousy VA.
Whatever vet group leader should have asked a homeless vet if he/she wanted to refuse that money or a vet needing medical help, family help, money for car repair, everyday needs etc. etc.--

So he steals the money after donating a million himself!!!! - :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Tyr

Gunny
01-29-2016, 11:19 AM
The money Trump donated himself and that he raised will go to 22 different organizations. Between the folks who are announced making donations, and Trump himself, and then the organizations himself... if this wasn't on the up and up, and the money was somehow used for his campaign, or doesn't go where stated, I'm sure it will be easy to find out.

If on the up and up, and with the debate stuff aside - awesome of him to give a cool million himself in addition to the others. It would be nice to see others jump on the bandwagon, and to see a great effort going forth and watch that money grow. Perhaps seeing other candidates do the same? And then even better - maybe it will lead to changes down the road and enhancements and better treatment for our veterans.

-----

(New York, NY) January 28th, 2016 – Today Donald J. Trump hosted an event to raise money for Veterans organizations in Des Moines, Iowa. The GOP frontrunner spoke to a record crowd at Drake University and was joined by special guests, including Senator Rick Santorum and Governor Mike Huckabee, as well as Veterans, throughout the night. Mr. Trump personally contributed $1 million dollars to the cause and raised an additional $5 million before the one-hour event concluded, totaling more than $6 million dollars.

Mr. Trump stated, “Our Veterans have been treated like third-class citizens and it is my great honor to support them with this $1 million dollar contribution – they are truly incredible people. We are going to strengthen our military, take care of our Vets and Make America Great Again.”

The night benefited twenty-two different organizations, a number of which are Iowa based Veterans groups. Mr. Trump has been a major supporter of Veterans organizations throughout his life and has made strengthening our military, reforming the VA and taking care of our great Veterans cornerstones of his campaign.

SFC (R) John Wayne Walding, who spoke during the event, spent 12 years in the U. S. Army. He has combat deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan. John's awards and badges include: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Combat Infantry Badge, Airborne Air Assault and the Special Forces Tab. John participated in numerous battles during his deployments; most famous was the Battle of Shok Valley.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-raises-millions-for-veterans-organizations

My question would be how wisely is he spending his money? I learned a long time ago that the most (in)famous charities spend more money on paying themselves rather than putting it to good use. Kind of like our government. St Jude's and St Vincents spend all their money on the people that need it. Wounded Warriors spends its money on vets. What else are they going to do with it? The vets get free medical and the physicians get paid by the government. There's nothing in t for them.

Just be careful who you give your money away to.

As far as Trump goes, Jimbob, you know I still don;t like him as a Presidential candidate. If he does one thing to help a wounded vet, or anyone in actual need for that matter, I'll give him points.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-29-2016, 11:21 AM

-----

SFC (R) John Wayne Walding, who spoke during the event, spent 12 years in the U. S. Army. He has combat deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan. John's awards and badges include: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Combat Infantry Badge, Airborne Air Assault and the Special Forces Tab. John participated in numerous battles during his deployments; most famous was the Battle of Shok Valley

Exceptional individual and gave a wonderful talk. Definitely a hero all the way around.

Another reason Trump's event was a great success IMHO..-TYR

Black Diamond
01-29-2016, 11:27 AM

No one trusts Hillary and rightfully so.

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 11:30 AM
No one trusts Hillary and rightfully so.

Yet there's no problem with this fundraiser being channeled through a foundation's coffers? I've tried to find the administrative costs, can't.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 11:32 AM
So Trump the billionaire is supposedly stealing donation money from injured military veterans while running for the Presidency!!!
Where does this kind of crap come from?
I knew his success last night in his event would draw criticisms today but this is ludicrous and juvenile IMHO.
JUST HOW WOULD HE DO THAT AND KEEP IT A SECRET TOO??
HIS POLITICAL ENEMIES MUST BE IN PURE DESPERATION MODE TO TRY THIS CHEAP SHOT IMHO.-And I do not care which group refuses to take 6 million dollars to help injured vets--they are wrong for doing so IMHO.
Those vets need every penny they can get after being used, abused and mistreated by obama and the lousy VA.
Whatever vet group leader should have asked a homeless vet if he/she wanted to refuse that money or a vet needing medical help, family help, money for car repair, everyday needs etc. etc.--

So he steals the money after donating a million himself!!!! - :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Tyr

Did I miss something. Tyr? Who said Trump was stealing anything? I admit I don't like the guy as a Presidential candidate, but I damned sure don't have to make shit up about him. That's kind of a stretch. I want them and you all to take care of my brothers and sisters that go out there sticking their dicks on the line and come home unable to function at a MicckeyD's job.

I'd take the $6M and I don't care if comes from Some Dum Young in N Korea just to give one of my brothers a break.

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Did I miss something. Tyr? Who said Trump was stealing anything? I admit I don't like the guy as a Presidential candidate, but I damned sure don't have to make shit up about him. That's kind of a stretch. I want them and you all to take care of my brothers and sisters that go out there sticking their dicks on the line and come home unable to function at a MicckeyD's job.

I'd take the $6M and I don't care if comes from Some Dum Young in N Korea just to give one of my brothers a break.
To raise questions is just 'liberal' and 'condescending.'

Perianne
01-29-2016, 11:41 AM
My question would be how wisely is he spending his money? I learned a long time ago that the most (in)famous charities spend more money on paying themselves rather than putting it to good use. Kind of like our government. St Jude's and St Vincents spend all their money on the people that need it. Wounded Warriors spends its money on vets. What else are they going to do with it? The vets get free medical and the physicians get paid by the government. There's nothing in t for them.

As far as Trump goes, Jimbob, you know I still don;t like him as a Presidential candidate. If he does one thing to help a wounded vet, or anyone in actual need for that matter, I'll give him points.

Wounded Warrior Project Accused of Wasting Donor Money (http://www.foxnews.com/tech/military/index.html)

The charity for wounded veterans (http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits), the Wounded Warrior Project, is facing accusations of using donor money toward excessive spending on conferences and parties instead of on recovery programs, according to a CBS News report.

Army (http://www.military.com/army) Staff Sergeant Erick Millette, who returned from Iraq in 2006 with a bronze star and a purple heart, told CBS News he admired the charity's work and took a job with the group in 2014 but quit after two years.

"Their mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors (http://www.military.com/topics/wounded-warriors), but what the public doesn't see is how they spend their money," he told CBS News.
Millette said he witnessed lavish spending on staff, with big "catered" parties.

"Going to a nice fancy restaurant is not team building. Staying at a lavish hotel at the beach here in Jacksonville, and requiring staff that lives in the area to stay at the hotel is not team building," he told CBS News.

According to the charity's tax forms obtained by CBS News, spending on conferences and meetings went from $1.7 million in 2010, to $26 million in 2014, which is the same amount the group spends on combat stress recovery.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/01/27/wounded-warrior-project-accused-of-wasting-donor-money.html

NightTrain
01-29-2016, 11:42 AM
To raise questions is just 'liberal' and 'condescending.'

You just can't stop yourself, can you?

Abbey Marie
01-29-2016, 11:45 AM
I can understand Trump wanting to put the donations in one place so his people could track it and boast about the total. Perhaps he should have set up an independent account to do so. I'm glad he raised the money, though.

Perianne
01-29-2016, 11:47 AM
I can understand Trump wanting to put the donations in one place so his people could track it and boast about the total. Perhaps he should have set up an independent account to do so. I'm glad he raised the money, though.

Some people are gonna complain and imply no matter what he does.

Again, I am not on the Trump bandwagon. I see some serious sour grapes in some people's futures if Trump wins it all.

Abbey Marie
01-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Some people are gonna complain and imply no matter what he does.

Again, I am not on the Trump bandwagon. I see some serious sour grapes in some people's futures if Trump wins it all.

After last night, unless dear Dr. Carson pulls out a miracle. I'm thinking I'm a Rubio girl.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 11:52 AM
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/01/27/wounded-warrior-project-accused-of-wasting-donor-money.html

Your point is what? Some disgruntled jerk makes an accusation? I learned about 35 years ago who to and who not to give money to. And trust me, the political pressure is ON in the Marine Corps. You're a communist if you don't give tot eh Navy Relief Society and they're like dealing with a Mafia loanshark.

I also know when a jackass just wants his name skylined. The Wounded Warriors Project gives these guys medical care and rehabilitation rather than stuffing them in the corner like we did our Vietnam vets.

And, btw, my family lived in Jax for years. Spending money in that place is a stretch. A premo motel room is about $40 there and you get a continental breakfast of stale pasty for "free".

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:00 PM

The entire 6 million that Trump raised last evening will be sent to various veteran groups.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:02 PM

I agree, but in this instance, I don't think a billionaire is going to care about 6 million bucks. And yep, it IS possible though that the charities themselves might not do much good with the funds. I would rather see the money go DIRECTLY to someone working with vets in some fashion where no one has to worry whether or not it's money used properly or not.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 12:05 PM
The entire 6 million that Trump raised last evening will be sent to various veteran groups.

I can only hope so. Some of them might need to pay rent or for some hot water. As I said, I'm more than happy to blame Trump for what I don't like about him. But I'll give credit where it's due. If even 4 out of that 6M makes it to where the rubber meets the road, he has my respect for that.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:10 PM
Yet there's no problem with this fundraiser being channeled through a foundation's coffers? I've tried to find the administrative costs, can't.

If the money ends up helping veterans, do you have a problem with that? Admittedly I'm not a businessman, but with less than a day, I don't think he was going to use gofundme to raise the money. He was even stating who was donating, no secrets about it. And with the entire world knowing what he was up to, I'm sure someone somewhere is going to want to follow the trail of money. And if there are receipts all the way along and the money goes to said organizations, then does anyone have an issue with this?

And to answer your other question. If Hillary did the same, and we knew 3,121 folks donated say $100 apiece. And then we verified via the veteran organizations that the number raised is equal to what was donated - I would have no issue with it. Why would I? I despise the ugly beotch, but if she raised money for vets I would be happy. I wouldn't mind ensuring she wasn't profiting somehow either! But if she's worth billions, I wouldn't see the motive of trying to swipe a few million bucks.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:15 PM

I know I didn't call anyone liberal, nor did I accuse anyone of being condescending. Sometimes I wish folks would go out of their way to use the quote function at times, even if they believe it's obvious in what they may be talking about. Otherwise, yes, others may think things are being attributed to everybody, or just the wrong person. I've been trying to reply to nothing but the candidates, plans and news, and not members here and/or prior incidents and such.

I'm heading to the East Side!

Perianne
01-29-2016, 12:16 PM
I can only hope so. Some of them might need to pay rent or for some hot water. As I said, I'm more than happy to blame Trump for what I don't like about him. But I'll give credit where it's due. If even 4 out of that 6M makes it to where the rubber meets the road, he has my respect for that.

I suppose I agree with that. Salaries have to be paid. Getting the vets services don't come cheap. So, I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Perianne
01-29-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm heading to the East Side!

Say "hi" to George and Weezie.

Kathianne
01-29-2016, 12:21 PM

The response was in reaction to it being implied it was making an accusation of thievery.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:23 PM

I am clueless about the business side. Is it something you open and properly use within a day? Is it illegal to raise and send money through this account? Without having account numbers, is it possible he has multiple using 'The Donald J Trump Foundation'? I honestly wouldn't have a clue as to why he chose to go this route, use that organization to oversee the donations. What I do know is that I have no doubt whatsoever that the money raised goes to the said organizations in Iowa as promised. Will it be money well spent, and help in a meaningful way? That I have no way to be sure of. I'd like to think so. Awful comparison - but that's how I feel when I donate money as I do to a few animal organizations yearly. I pray that the money is actually helping some kitty or puppy out there... But sometimes with monies donated, it's the thought that counts too. Like the vet that spoke last evening, he spoke about civilians saying "Thank You", and what it means to him, knowing that folks appreciate him.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 12:25 PM
If the money ends up helping veterans, do you have a problem with that? Admittedly I'm not a businessman, but with less than a day, I don't think he was going to use gofundme to raise the money. He was even stating who was donating, no secrets about it. And with the entire world knowing what he was up to, I'm sure someone somewhere is going to want to follow the trail of money. And if there are receipts all the way along and the money goes to said organizations, then does anyone have an issue with this?

And to answer your other question. If Hillary did the same, and we knew 3,121 folks donated say $100 apiece. And then we verified via the veteran organizations that the number raised is equal to what was donated - I would have no issue with it. Why would I? I despise the ugly beotch, but if she raised money for vets I would be happy. I wouldn't mind ensuring she wasn't profiting somehow either! But if she's worth billions, I wouldn't see the motive of trying to swipe a few million bucks.

You talking about that Hillary that's married to Bill? I can tell you EXACTLY what they won't do for the military. He used us like red-headed step-kids.

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Your point is what? Some disgruntled jerk makes an accusation? I learned about 35 years ago who to and who not to give money to. And trust me, the political pressure is ON in the Marine Corps. You're a communist if you don't give tot eh Navy Relief Society and they're like dealing with a Mafia loanshark.

I also know when a jackass just wants his name skylined. The Wounded Warriors Project gives these guys medical care and rehabilitation rather than stuffing them in the corner like we did our Vietnam vets.

And, btw, my family lived in Jax for years. Spending money in that place is a stretch. A premo motel room is about $40 there and you get a continental breakfast of stale pasty for "free".

While I always feel like I'm put on the spot, and pass by such locations multiple times - I don't mind donating to the actual vets groups when they nail me sitting at red lights, and the same for the local volunteer fire departments. I can SEE who is getting my money! :)

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Say "hi" to George and Weezie.

Awwwww, I suck, you got that too easily. :(

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 12:29 PM
You talking about that Hillary that's married to Bill? I can tell you EXACTLY what they won't do for the military. He used us like red-headed step-kids.

Hell, I know and don't think so either! I'm just saying, if monkeys decided to fly through my front door today, and Hillary did something to give money to vets... I would still despise her, but give her credit for helping the right folks.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 12:31 PM
While I always feel like I'm put on the spot, and pass by such locations multiple times - I don't mind donating to the actual vets groups when they nail me sitting at red lights, and the same for the local volunteer fire departments. I can SEE who is getting my money! :)

I NEVER give them money. I'll take them to lunch and pay. It's about 50-50. The ones that want hooch money are never takers. The ones that want to eat and are truly hungry are down for some chow. I just don't rust them, and it's sad to say.

I recall more than once when we were running on the Mall in DC Vietnam vets who were younger than me trying to hit me up for money. One, what part of these running shorts do you think I've got a roll in? Two, I was too young to go to Vietnam so just how the Hell did your young ass get there? Go with Rambo or what?

jimnyc
01-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Trump has a pdf file via his website that shows the 22 organizations that will be receiving the donations that came in. Excuse the horrid format. :)

-----

American Hero Adventures,
Eugene, OR

Provides stress free, stress relieving
and bonding activities to the combat wounded, duty
-
injured Hero and their
families.
http://www.americanheroadventures.org/
DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS (DAV) Charitable Service Trust
, Cold Spring,
KY
-
The Trust supports, programs ensuring quality health care for veterans,
assistance to veterans su
ffering from PTSD, programs enhancing research and
mobility for veterans with amputations, spinal cord injuries and more.
http://cst.dav.org/
FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION
, Rockville MD
-
Fisher Houses provide military
familie
s housing close to a loved one during hospitalization for an illness,
disease or injury.
http://cst.dav.org/
FOLDS OF HONOR
, Owasso, OK
-
Provide educations scholarships to the families
of killed or disabled American military.
https://www.foldsofhonor.org
HOMES FOR OUR TROOPS
, Taunton, MA
-
Homes for Our Troops is a privately
funded nonprofit orga
nization building specially adapted, mortgage free homes
nationwide for the most severely injured Veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan.
http://www.hfotusa.org/
HONORING AMERICA’S WARRIORS
El Reno, OK
-
Honoring Ameri
ca's Warriors
serves veterans and service members of all eras in Oklahoma and surrounding
states..
Our
program provides long
-
term support and camaraderie for wounded
service members and veterans through complimentary programs,
events,
discounted services, and an online community.
http://www.hon
oringamericaswarriors.org/
HOPE FOR THE WARRIORS
, Annandale, VA
-
Hope for the Warriors provides
comprehensive support programs for service members, veterans, and military
families that are focused on transition, health and wellness, peer engagement
and co
nnections, to community resources.
http://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/story/17386757/about
-
us
K9 FOR WARRIORS
, Ponte Vedra, FL
-
K9s For Warriors is dedicated to providing
service can
ines to our warriors suffering from Post
-
traumatic Stress Disability,
traumatic brain injury and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military
service post 9/11. Our goal is to empower them to return to civilian life with
dignity and independence.
http://www.k9sforwarriors.org/
LIBERTY HOUSE
, Manchester, NH
-
For more than a decade, Liberty House in
Manchester, NH has been providing a safe, supportive, substance
-
free housing
community for American vetera
ns transitioning out of homelessness. Since
opening our doors in 2004, our dedicated team of staff and volunteers has
helped more than 200 homeless veterans rejoin their communities and regain
fulfilling, independent lives
http://libertyhousenh.org/
MULBERRY STREET VETERANS SHELTER
, Des Moines, IA
-
The Veterans Outreach
Project works to end homelessness among Veterans by enhancing communication
between the Veterans and service providers.
http://www.centraliowashelter.org/about_the_veteran_outreach_project
NAVY SEAL FOUNDATION
, Virginia Beach, VA
-
The Navy SEAL Foundation
provides immediate and ongoing supp
ort and assistance to the Naval Special
Warfare Community and its families.
http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
OPERATION HOMEFRONT
, Quincy, MA
-
Operation Homefront wishes to be the
provider of choice for
short term and critical assistance, long term stability and
recurring support programs to military families.
http://www.operationhomefront.net/
PARTNERS FOR PATRIOTS
Liberty, TN
-
Partners for Patriots is a 501©(3)
nonprofit corporation founded to obtain, train and provide service dogs to
disabled veterans.
http://www.partnersforpatriots.org/
PROJECTS FOR PATRIOTS
, Sioux City, IA
-
Projects for Patriots found a beginning
through a need identified by the Home Builders Association of Siouxland. This
caring group has banded together to improve living conditions through a variety
of pr
o
jects related to the needs of injured veterans and
their families.
http://projectsforpatriots.com/
PUPPY JAKE
, Des Moines, IA
-
Puppy Jake Foundation is a nonprofit organization
dedicated to helping military veterans through the assistance of well bread,
soc
ialized and professionally trained service dogs.
http://www.puppyjakefoundation.org/
RACING FOR HEROES
, Mill Hall, PA
-
Racing for Heroes aims to fill the gap left
by inadequate government resources to support our disabled veterans through,
ADVOCACY, ENGAGEMENT and RACING.
http://racingforheroes.org/
SUPPORT
SIOUXLAND
SOLDIERS,
Sioux
City,
IA
-
The mission of Support
Siouxland Soldiers is to honor and support all Veterans, Military families and
active service members. We do this by providing free groceries, social and
resource events, hot meals, care
-
packages, emergency financia
l assistance and
gifts for the holidays.
https://www.facebook.com/SupportSiouxlandSoldiers
TASK FORCE DAGGER FOUNDATION
, McKinney, TX
-
The Foundation assists US
Special Operations Command (SOCOM) service members and their families when a
valid need is identified.
Needs are verified two ways: one, through the unit
command; two, through the US SOCOM Care Coalition.
The Task Force Dagger
Foundation responds to needs that are verified as quickly as possible.
http://www.taskforcedagger.org/
THE GREEN BERET FOUNDATION
, San Antonio, TX
-
The Green Beret Foundation
provides direct and continuous s
upport to Green Beret Communities and its
Families.
http://www.greenberetfoundation.org/what
-
we
-
do/
VETERANS AIRLIFT COMMAND
, St. Louis Park, MN
-
The VAC provides free air
transportation to post 9/11 combat wounded and their families for medical and
other compassionate purposes through a national network of volunteer aircraft
owners and pilots.
http:/
/www.veteransairlift.org/
WARRIORS FOR FREEDOM
, Stillwater, OK
-
P
rovides support to our nation’s
heroes and their families in the areas of recreational and social
activities,
scholarships, veteran suicide and mental health awareness, specifically
PTSD,
Tr
aumatic Brain Injuries
, Military Sexual Trauma and Combat Stress
Reaction.
We network with other organizations to connect these heroes with
resources
https://www.warriorsforfreedom.org/
22Kill
Dallas, TX

22Kill is a global movement bridging the gap between
veter
a
ns and like
-
minded individuals to
build a community of support and
understanding. 22Kill works to raise awareness to the suicide epidemic that is
plaguing our country, and educate the public on mental health issues such as
PTS.
https://www.22kill.com/

Black Diamond
01-29-2016, 02:15 PM
So will there be any polls between now and iowa?

Abbey Marie
01-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Hell, I know and don't think so either! I'm just saying, if monkeys decided to fly through my front door today, and Hillary did something to give money to vets... I would still despise her, but give her credit for helping the right folks.

I guess I'm too cynical- I would wonder what she had up her sleeve!

Gunny
01-29-2016, 04:53 PM

I didn't say anyone stepped up. I totally agree the opportunity was there. The fact is nobody's grabbing that brass ring and running for the end zone. Don't confuse me not liking Trump with thinking I like any of the crowd that's afraid to step out and step up. I see this whole debacle as just another 08 and 12 annex. Both culminated in a victory for the most unconstitutional President since Lincoln or FDR. We're heading down the same road and like it or not, Trump's leading the mice.

The people last night got to talk without being insulted. I wish I'd actually watched it. A discussion minus the drama queen act would be refreshing.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 04:59 PM

She hands over $6m to disabled vets and I'll be the first to thank her. She's STILL worthless, IMO. But I's take the money, buy a Coke and give the rest to those in need. I might be poor, and have whatever injuries, but I don't need it as much as they do.

Question is, how do you get the rich bitch to give up some money for those in need while claiming to support all us poor folk? If I had Secret Service protection 24=7 I wouldn't need a gun either and if I was rich, why care about taking money from those that aren't and actually earn it? ANyone that pays the Clintons money to hear the drivel come out of their faces doesn't deserve to vote, IMO.

Gunny
01-29-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm on 3, but that's low considering I got up late today!!

I'm not only without coffee, I'm about ready to break a few real life bones. Standing in my face with a humpty dumpty ass talking shit ain't exactly going to make my fucking day.