PDA

View Full Version : Is Trump Like The American Putin?

Christie Brinkley
01-30-2016, 08:53 PM
Is Trump like Putin?

What they have in common

1. Militaristic
2. Patriotic
3. Pro-family
4. Nationalistic
5. In favor of border controls
6. Both billionaires

revelarts
01-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Is Trump like Putin?

What they have in common

1. Militaristic
2. Patriotic
3. Pro-family
4. Nationalistic
5. In favor of border controls
6. Both billionaires

"6. Both billionaires"
the only real similarity IMO.

Trump is another Chicken Hawk. Talks about sending others round the world to fight fight fight but he got deferments.
Also Putin seems like a smarter guy, who talks little and acts more often. While Trump is a blow hard. And Blows in various directions.
Putin has been inside the Soviet & Russian Systems since the beginning of his career and knows it and it's power from the inside.
And seems quietly ruthless in using it to his and his country's advantage. Trump has been playing the U.S. system from High and Outside and knows HOW the game is played but is not a real inside player. And he doesn't seem (IMO) to really get how the gov't plays against the middle class and lower classes. But thinks he's knows how to deal with other gov't like China and Russia. as if they are Businesses he's competing with.

NightTrain
01-30-2016, 10:34 PM
The only similarity I can think of is that they're both billionaires... but how they got to that point is completely different.

Trump made his using his business savvy.

Putin made his by exploiting his position as leader of Russia... most corrupt national leaders are billionaires by the ends of their terms. The only way you can go from being an ex- KGB Colonel going in to the leadership position and by the end being a billionaire is massive corruption.

Christie Brinkley
01-30-2016, 10:38 PM
The only similarity I can think of is that they're both billionaires... but how they got to that point is completely different.

Trump made his using his business savvy.

Putin made his by exploiting his position as leader of Russia... most corrupt national leaders are billionaires by the ends of their terms. The only way you can go from being an ex- KGB Colonel going in to the leadership position and by the end being a billionaire is massive corruption.

All leaders are corrupt as well as most billionaires including probably Trump and Putin, that is what you do to get power and wealth in this world. What you do with that wealth and power in terms of whether you are a patriot or just as a simple sell out criminal is what matters at this stage.

NightTrain
01-30-2016, 10:59 PM
I think I should amend that... they're both definitely Alpha males. There's another similarity.

All leaders are corrupt as well as most billionaires including probably Trump and Putin, that is what you do to get power and wealth in this world. What you do with that wealth and power in terms of whether you are a patriot or just as a simple sell out criminal is what matters at this stage.

I don't know what the percentage of corruption is for billionaires, but I would imagine that the majority of world leaders are corrupt. That would be reduced somewhat looking at democratically elected leaders, and increased to 100% for non-elected leaders. I've never heard of a non-corrupt non-elected leader.

If I thought Trump was corrupt, he wouldn't have my support. I think that goes for 99%+ of his support base, as well.

sundaydriver
01-31-2016, 05:28 AM
I do believe Trump thinks on some issues he would like to rule like Putin and just issue the orders and have it done with no opposition or to not be confined by Presidential limitations. What politician wouldn't?

Gunny
01-31-2016, 08:30 AM
I think I should amend that... they're both definitely Alpha males. There's another similarity.

I don't know what the percentage of corruption is for billionaires, but I would imagine that the majority of world leaders are corrupt. That would be reduced somewhat looking at democratically elected leaders, and increased to 100% for non-elected leaders. I've never heard of a non-corrupt non-elected leader.

If I thought Trump was corrupt, he wouldn't have my support. I think that goes for 99%+ of his support base, as well.

[/COLOR]

You got the alpha male part right. But we're all corrupt. We just want to kick some ass and be done with it. I make no excuses for it. Don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining. These clowns are full of crap. Look at Billary and O-blah-blah. Lips are moving they're lying. Think they can wordsmith themselves out of everything. Billary has flat out broken the law and she's getting a free ride and there are dumbasses I saw on the news that will STILL vote for her.

I think I've made it clear I don't like Trump. I pray like Hell he doesn't get the nomination. He's still better than anything the left's got to offer.

namvet
01-31-2016, 10:43 AM
I like Putin. he exposed Obozo for the pussy he is. right in front of the whole world