PDA

View Full Version : Influences

Perianne
02-01-2016, 08:41 PM
I had egg rolls and rice for lunch. Pasta and meatballs for dinner. It got me to thinking about other cultures' influence on our country.

Which culture has had the most positive influence on America's regular people?

Christie Brinkley
02-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Pizza is a huge benefit that is for sure:laugh: I did have a curry this afternoon as well.

Perianne
02-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Pizza is a huge benefit that is for sure:laugh: I did have a curry this afternoon as well.

lol, I didn't mean just with food, though food from other cultures has indeed been positives. I loooooooooove pizza, chinese food, and Italiano. My favorite meal is likely spaghetti with meatballs.

I think barbecue was originated with the black people. Christie Brinkley, do you have good southern barbecue in England? I can't even get good barbecue here in Lexington.

Christie Brinkley
02-01-2016, 08:50 PM
lol, I didn't mean just with food, though food from other cultures has indeed been positives. I loooooooooove pizza, chinese food, and Italiano. My favorite meal is likely spaghetti with meatballs.

I think barbecue was originated with the black people. Christie Brinkley, do you have good southern barbecue in England? I can't even get good barbecue here in Lexington.
I have not had a grill outside since summer last year and that was in Ireland.

Perianne
02-01-2016, 08:52 PM
I have not had a grill outside since summer last year and that was in Ireland.

I don't mean a grill. I mean hickory smoked barbecue, where they put the meat in a smoker and let it cook for probably 14 hours on low heat. There is nothing quite like it.

If I ever return to England again, I will bring some for you. :)

Christie Brinkley
02-01-2016, 08:56 PM
I don't mean a grill. I mean hickory smoked barbecue, where they put the meat in a smoker and let it cook for probably 14 hours on low heat. There is nothing quite like it.

If I ever return to England again, I will bring some for you. :)
Oh no I have not had one

Perianne
02-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Oh no I have not had one

I suppose barbecue is exclusively an American food. It is nearly orgasmic. :)