PDA

View Full Version : 2012 GOP Iowa primary, and forward...

jimnyc
02-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Not to make excuses for Trump, as I'll be just as thrilled if Cruz gets the nod. But just wanted to point out that Ron Paul won Iowa in 2012. He went on to win 3 more states, while Romney won 43 in total. Huckabee took Iowa in 2008 and ended up with only 15% total at the end.

So what's the next predictions, for NH and then SC? Then DC and Nevada...

And what happens on super tuesday?

Kathianne
02-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Trump pays more folks to create better 'ground game.' Rubio is able to gather more cash from big donors. Cruz will stay 'conservative,' amazing his results given those aligned against him and his staying firm on ethanol.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 07:53 AM
Trump pays more folks to create better 'ground game.' Rubio is able to gather more cash from big donors. Cruz will stay 'conservative,' amazing his results given those aligned against him and his staying firm on ethanol.

Establishment donors.

jimnyc
02-02-2016, 07:55 AM
I think Trump takes fairly large win in NH. I think he also takes sizable win in Nevada. Whether any of that really matters going into super tuesday is truly beyond me. Florida will be a huge one, I believe, for Trump who has big numbers there. Massachussets is projected as a big lead for Trump as well. Ohio, so far, is looking like Kasich. But these are VERY early projections/polls and things can change a LOT as we saw last night. But I still think Trump takes the next 2, but then one of the biggest deciding factors will be the big tuesday around the corner.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:30 AM
I think Trump takes fairly large win in NH. I think he also takes sizable win in Nevada. Whether any of that really matters going into super tuesday is truly beyond me. Florida will be a huge one, I believe, for Trump who has big numbers there. Massachussets is projected as a big lead for Trump as well. Ohio, so far, is looking like Kasich. But these are VERY early projections/polls and things can change a LOT as we saw last night. But I still think Trump takes the next 2, but then one of the biggest deciding factors will be the big tuesday around the corner.

Iowa is not really a bellwether state.