PDA

View Full Version : Establishment Republican

Perianne
02-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Most on here seem to vote for the most conservative candidate, and that is usually Republican. Whether or not you are a registered Republican, are you an "establishment" Republican?

Kipper
02-02-2016, 07:45 AM
I like George W Bush between 2004-2008.

And this election year I want's one republican.

Maybe Trump vs Cruz in final battle in summer.

jimnyc
02-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Most on here seem to vote for the most conservative candidate, and that is usually Republican. Whether or not you are a registered Republican, are you an "establishment" Republican?

We've all been bred to think there are only 2 choices to vote for, even if there are 17 candidates running. And then folks will debate over how conservative someone is. And even then, folks have things more important to them that may not be as quite as important to others. For example, some find immigration at the top of the heap, while others couldn't care less.

Kathianne
02-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Seems most 'on here' are for Trump or Cruz, hardly 'establishment candidates.'

Black Diamond
We've all been bred to think there are only 2 choices to vote for, even if there are 17 candidates running. And then folks will debate over how conservative someone is. And even then, folks have things more important to them that may not be as quite as important to others. For example, some find immigration at the top of the heap, while others couldn't care less.

How long has immigration been on the radar? Did trump bring that into the conversation?

Perianne

I can't understand why more conservatives don't recognize immigration as the most.... actually, the ONLY issue at this point. If immigration continues at its present rate, there will be no Republican president for generations. The immigrants heavily pull for Democrats.

Why is this difficult to understand???

Black Diamond
02-02-2016, 07:54 AM

Hard to imagine the establishment not having her way in the end. Trump's loss has, for better or worse, made that a thousand times more likely.

jimnyc
02-02-2016, 07:56 AM

I think a lot of folks are tired of voting establishment, only to get it in the butt over and over and over. :(

Kathianne
02-02-2016, 07:57 AM
Hard to imagine the establishment not having her way in the end. Trump's loss has, for better or worse, made that a thousand times more likely.

Not sure how you figure that. While Huckabee has 'suspended' his campaign, looks like many will keep going for awhile in any case.

Three men standing: 2 first term senators-one detested by the establishment and a Mr. Trump.

jimnyc
02-02-2016, 07:57 AM
How long has immigration been on the radar? Did trump bring that into the conversation?

I think it's been on the radar, but most were afraid to speak up in the manner that he has. Folks were PC about it, and the problem just continued to snowball and snowball. Hell, it still is!

Perianne
02-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Not sure how you figure that. While Huckabee has 'suspended' his campaign, looks like many will keep going for awhile in any case.

Three men standing: 2 first term senators-one detested by the establishment and a Mr. Trump.

Trump. Cruz, detested by the establishment. Rubio, the establishment's guy.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio’s strong showing in the Iowa caucus is expected to consolidate support for him from the establishment wing of the Republican Party, which had begun leaning his way in the last few months.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/marco-rubio-campaign-draws-money-from-gop-establishment-lobbyists-1454351174

Kathianne
02-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Yes, Perianne, it's understood. You don't care for Rubio or establishment.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Yes, Perianne, it's understood. You don't care for Rubio or establishment.

I didn't know if I had made that clear. :)

Black Diamond
02-02-2016, 08:06 AM

If trump had won last night, if would have been essentially over. I guess there are degrees of "establishment". I consider rubio more establishment than Cruz. And I still have nightmares of Jeb winning. There are possibilities this morning. If trump wins last night, he's inevitable.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:11 AM
If trump had won last night, if would have been essentially over. I guess there are degrees of "establishment". I consider rubio more establishment than Cruz. And I still have nightmares of Jeb winning. There are possibilities this morning. If trump wins last night, he's inevitable.

I would agree that Rubio is establishment. His best buds - before he realized he needed conservative votes - were Chuck Schumer, Dick Durbin and other pro-immigration tadpoles.

Kipper
02-02-2016, 08:15 AM

Bush are favorite to win then Trump and Cruz who I wanted.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Bush are favorite to win then Trump and Cruz who I wanted.

Although I thoroughly disagree with Jeb Bush on a lot of issues, I think he would probably make a fine President, one that most of us could be proud of.

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 08:25 AM
I will vote for any of the GOP candidates in a heartbeat to keep the White House out of the hands of Hellary or Sanders. That's just common sense!

But I do hope that Bush drops out... even though I suspect his base will flock to Rubio.

And Rubio has changed his immigration stance after the recent muzzie attacks. He'd make a fine President. Not as great as either Trump or Cruz, but he'd do just fine.

Kipper
02-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Although I thoroughly disagree with Jeb Bush on a lot of issues, I think he would probably make a fine President, one that most of us could be proud of.

One once have neighmare if Bush win in 2016 election year. But he are maybe true candidate to win. 60 million Dollar spend to win.

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 08:49 AM
So, Kipper

What kind of immigration issues is Sweden experiencing?

How do you feel about it?

Is there a greater crime wave there, especially sexual assaults & rapes?

Is there any backlash against the immigrants?

glockmail
02-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Establishment? Hardly. Both parties siuck, just that the GOP sucks less. I like Cruz because the GOP establishment hates him.

Kipper
02-02-2016, 09:17 AM
So, @Kipper (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3648)

What kind of immigration issues is Sweden experiencing?

How do you feel about it?

Is there a greater crime wave there, especially sexual assaults & rapes?

Is there any backlash against the immigrants?

S, MP and KD wanted under 50.000 new every year(for KD under 40.000) and M and Lib want at least 60.000 new per year and C and VP want's mass immigrations(at least over 100.000 new people to Sweden) but nationalists SD will between 6000-18.000 immigrants how are smallest in Sweden politics. But even SD are alone portion and they have power and they will smaller immigrants they can not change redgreen S and MP immigration handle. I feeling great even 15-16 season gonna bring biggest since Balkan wars 1992 new people like my old friend Adis and Galib etc. No crime. Every racist or nationalist wanted smaller immigrants from outlandish. SD have 13% in 2014 and in 2018 I know 15-30% but I wanted 30-40% even I gonna voite on S of course like 2014 or nothing else party like 2010, 2006 it weres M how are like in US capitalism.

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 09:22 AM
I'm having a very difficult time understanding you, Kipper.

If I understand you correctly, every one of your political parties are endorsing more immigration and the only difference is how much more?

Kipper
02-02-2016, 09:23 AM
If trump wins last night, he's inevitable.

Cruz win in Iowa. Trump maybe win in next state if he doesn't win all ready in 3 of 4 or it is first last night ???

Gunny
02-02-2016, 09:35 AM

I actually think Jeb is one of the most qualified. At the same time, he IS the quintessential establishment Republican. So you can call me a flip-flopper because I was originally for him before I was against him. :laugh:

Which means I just changed my mind once the facts were in.

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Which means I just changed my mind once the facts were in.

I think that is the fundamental difference between a progressive and conservative. The wheels keep turning in a conservative mind, which enables possible reconsideration instead of mindless support.