PDA

View Full Version : Trump/Huckabee

jimnyc
02-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Seems a lot of back and forth love from these 2 folks. How would everyone feel here if they were ever to team up. regardless of order?

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Seems a lot of back and forth love from these 2 folks. How would everyone feel here if they were ever to team up. regardless of order?

Trumpabee. lol

I wouldn't care. I am 100% behind any candidate who promises to rid our country of the invading hordes of illegals.

Kathianne
02-02-2016, 08:02 AM
I think it's more likely a meeting of the minds against Cruz:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/29/hmmm-trump-announces-post-iowa-rally-in-little-rock-arkansas/

Hmmm: Trump announces post-Iowa rally in … Little Rock, ArkansasPOSTED AT 6:41 PM ON JANUARY 29, 2016 BY ALLAHPUNDIT
A nice catch by Phil Kerpen (https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/693091323008651264). Trump’s schedule (http://www.donaldjtrump.com/schedule/) next week looks almost exactly how you’d expect a candidate’s schedule to look: Tuesday in New Hampshire, Thursday in New Hampshire, Friday in South Carolina, back in New Hampshire on Monday. He hasn’t said yet if he’ll show for the debate next Saturday, but if he’s in then he’ll be in New Hampshire that day as well. The one odd outlier is Wednesday — Little Rock, Arkansas. Arkansas is an early-ish state too this year, part of the “SEC primary” on March 1st, but there’s still NH, SC, and Nevada to come before we get to the deep south. Why would Trump detour down there when he could spend the day in Charleston or Vegas?

Why, Mike Huckabee’s from Arkansas, come to think of it. And the Trump event in Little Rock seems to have been added only within the past 24 hours or so (http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/jan/29/donald-trump-hold-campaign-rally-little-rock/), right around the time Huckabee was reaching out to Trump about attending his rally for vets last night. Probably no one in the field has attacked Trump’s main rival, Ted Cruz, more doggedly over the last few weeks than Huckabee. Rubio’s hit him hard too, but Rubio and Cruz are battling to be the anti-Trump and there are lines even Rubio won’t cross in hitting Cruz, like his “natural-born” eligibility. Huckabee’s attacking Cruz for the sheer spiteful joy of wrecking the guy whom the evangelical establishment chose over him, and he has backed Trump up on Cruz’s eligibility (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/huckabee-cruz-presidential-eligibility-courts) by saying it’s a legitimate issue. Why, ol’ Huck even plugged Trump’s line of ties (http://theweek.com/speedreads/585792/mike-huckabee-says-loves-donald-trump-line-ties) at the debate in October. Hmmm.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:07 AM
I think it's more likely a meeting of the minds against Cruz:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/29/hmmm-trump-announces-post-iowa-rally-in-little-rock-arkansas/

If it becomes apparent that Trump can't win, I wonder who his supporters would go to: Cruz or Rubio?

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 08:07 AM
A Trump / Huckabee ticket would be solid.

Huckabee's campaign never gained any traction, but he's a smart debater with a lot of great qualities.

He performed nicely before, but this time the two Renegades stole his thunder.

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 08:08 AM
If it becomes apparent that Trump can't win, I wonder who his supporters would go to: Cruz or Rubio?

Cruz without a doubt.

When Palin endorsed Trump, the 6 point gain came from Cruz.

jimnyc
02-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Probably that too, but I noticed a slowly changing stance towards one another as well. Less negativity and much more positive stuff. I was shocked to see Trump last night talk about how Huckabee was growing into a friend of his. Of course they will do so when politically necessary, as in Arkansas. What's left to be seen is how that friendship continues afterwards. I've always liked Huckabee, but he's always come off as "too nice" IMO.

Kipper
02-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Trump and Cruz in final solution of the republican.

:lol:

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Probably that too, but I noticed a slowly changing stance towards one another as well. Less negativity and much more positive stuff. I was shocked to see Trump last night talk about how Huckabee was growing into a friend of his. Of course they will do so when politically necessary, as in Arkansas. What's left to be seen is how that friendship continues afterwards. I've always liked Huckabee, but he's always come off as "too nice" IMO.

I have always liked Huckabee, too. He seems like nice man; too nice for the heavy politics.

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 08:17 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping the rest of them will back off the attacks against each other. Hard to do in the primaries, but at some point there's backlash - and all the bad things said now will have to be smoothed over after it's finished.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping the rest of them will back off the attacks against each other. Hard to do in the primaries, but at some point there's backlash - and all the bad things said now will have to be smoothed over after it's finished.

I am hoping the same thing can be said amongst the members of this board.

Perianne
02-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Trump and Cruz in final solution of the republican.

:lol:

:)

Kathianne
02-02-2016, 08:22 AM

Indeed.

NightTrain
02-02-2016, 08:28 AM

I have no doubt. Things always have a way of working out.

Once grievances are aired, the healing process can begin.

namvet
02-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Huckabee dropped out

Kipper
02-02-2016, 04:51 PM
I change my signatur from Trump to Huckabee then from yesterday Cruz my new two favorite.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

glockmail
02-02-2016, 05:27 PM

I'm not a fan of either.

LongTermGuy
02-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Trumpabee. lol

I wouldn't care. I am 100% behind any candidate who promises to rid our country of the invading hordes of illegals.

Amen sister...and dont forget about Our Military...:cool:

hjmick
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
I will not vote for Trump, regardless of his billing...

glockmail
02-02-2016, 05:35 PM
I will not vote for Trump, regardless of his billing...

I'll vote for whoever is running against the 'rat. I may have to hold my nose, but I'll still vote.

hjmick
02-02-2016, 05:39 PM
I'll vote for whoever is running against the 'rat. I may have to hold my nose, but I'll still vote.

I understand, I just can't do that. Odds are I'll vote for Gary Johnson again, should he garner the Libertarian nomination. As I told my liberal mom, I vote my conscience with no regrets. I like Johnson, have for years, damn shame he felt he had to leave the GOP...

glockmail
02-02-2016, 06:50 PM
I understand, I just can't do that. Odds are I'll vote for Gary Johnson again, should he garner the Libertarian nomination. As I told my liberal mom, I vote my conscience with no regrets. I like Johnson, have for years, damn shame he felt he had to leave the GOP...

You're enabling the 'rat. Vote for your dream candidate in the primary. In the general election, you just have to buck up like the rest of us.