PDA

View Full Version : I Got a New Weight Bench

Gunny
02-02-2016, 04:32 PM
And none of you can play on it. Considerations will be given if you can fix this 20 degree weather so I can play on the damned thing.

glockmail
02-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Got my own, inside a spare room, too lazy to use it.

Gunny
02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Got my own, inside a spare room, too lazy to use it.

Screw THAT. I haven't had one in a year and a half. I'm drooling at the prospect, and if I kill myself y'all will just have to miss me. Or not. :laugh:

Gf's just going to have to be mad too. It was on sale. You'd think being a female she'd appreciate that, huh? :laugh:

glockmail
02-02-2016, 05:08 PM
I'm not going there.

:gay:

Gunny
02-04-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm not going there.

:gay:

I want to know where my damned global warming is. If I get accused of it, give me the crap. I want to play on my damned bench without busting out 2 tons of cold weather gear.

jimnyc
02-04-2016, 10:25 AM
What kind? Last thing I bought was a Bowflex like 10 years back, which quickly turned into a fancy coat hanger and the bench was where my pants went after being folded. :)

Bilgerat
02-04-2016, 10:50 AM
I buy weights

I do 16 ounce curls everynight

Multiple reps!

Feel the burn! :laugh:

Gunny
02-04-2016, 12:37 PM
What kind? Last thing I bought was a Bowflex like 10 years back, which quickly turned into a fancy coat hanger and the bench was where my pants went after being folded. :)

It's a Marcy. And trust me, old as y'all think I am, I'm still strong. I have to get a bench that won't turn upside down on my ass if I put 200 pounds on it. Ain't nothing like the ass end of that bench going airborne on your ass. :laugh: It was on sale for $50 cheaper than the lamer bench with plastic weights.

I've never liked machines. Not since the mid-70s. I could bench press the entire rack on a universal. You put the much dead weight on me back then you better be able to get it off. :laugh: Only one I ever played with was the pull-down thingy. Otherwise I was dead weight the whole time.

jimnyc
02-04-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm the opposite, I always avoided free weights in fear that I would be found dead with the bar across my throat!! :laugh:

Gunny
02-04-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm the opposite, I always avoided free weights in fear that I would be found dead with the bar across my throat!! :laugh:

That's almost happened a time or two. Try getting your 4 years old daughter to peel off some weights while you're holding 325 pounds above your throat. And of course she screwed it up. Let's just peel all the weight off one side. :laugh: Damned goober. Apparently they weren't teaching gravity at that age. :laugh:

I couldn't even get mad at her. I shouldn't have had that much weight on the bar with no one home.

PixieStix
02-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Pardon me for butting in...but isn't it the weights that matter, I mean as long as the bench isn't broken down? I keep wondering about that.

I have a total Gym, does that count? Best exercise equipment I ever had.

hjmick
02-17-2016, 05:23 PM
OH! A weight bench... Not a weighty bitch...

For a second there I thought you were dating a fat chick...

Jeff
02-18-2016, 08:16 AM
I just go to the Gym, a great reason to get out at night for a ride " heading to the gym " buys a few hours of piece and quiet and I don't have to clean up the room either, work out, shower and then it's out to cool down. :thumb:

Gunny
03-30-2016, 05:41 PM

Gunny
03-30-2016, 05:47 PM
I just go to the Gym, a great reason to get out at night for a ride " heading to the gym " buys a few hours of piece and quiet and I don't have to clean up the room either, work out, shower and then it's out to cool down. :thumb:

Thing is, I rarely buy stuff for myself. Almost everything I have is something I know I will use. I used to work out at the base gym at lunch every day. When I got stuck on independent duty, no more base gym. I knew I'd use the weights, so I got a set.

Wish I could still lift them. I might end up having to heist Jim's Bowflex. :laugh:

Jeff
03-31-2016, 06:36 AM
Thing is, I rarely buy stuff for myself. Almost everything I have is something I know I will use. I used to work out at the base gym at lunch every day. When I got stuck on independent duty, no more base gym. I knew I'd use the weights, so I got a set.

Wish I could still lift them. I might end up having to heist Jim's Bowflex. :laugh:

I hear ya and it is nice having them right at the house, many a nights I just don't feel like riding up to the gym, but then I use the kids ( having teenagers that are big into sports is good at times :cool:) They don't have quite the weight I need but its a light work out, and any work out is better than none.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 02:35 PM
I hear ya and it is nice having them right at the house, many a nights I just don't feel like riding up to the gym, but then I use the kids ( having teenagers that are big into sports is good at times :cool:) They don't have quite the weight I need but its a light work out, and any work out is better than none.

I have an Olympic weight set and a NICE bench set up. Thing is, I remember when I had to have 2 Olympic weight sets. :laugh:

Gunny
06-25-2016, 11:58 AM
I have to wonder what some people are thinking. Was just watching World's Dumbest. There's video where apparently this guys got a cell and internet access and he's got the old school, 60's coffee can weight set in the background. :wtf:

And in case anyone doesn't know, we'd take old coffee cans and fill them with cement and put a piece of rigid pipe between them. Weight set.

jimnyc
06-25-2016, 12:04 PM
I have to wonder what some people are thinking. Was just watching World's Dumbest. There's video where apparently this guys got a cell and internet access and he's got the old school, 60's coffee can weight set in the background. :wtf:

And in case anyone doesn't know, we'd take old coffee cans and fill them with cement and put a piece of rigid pipe between them. Weight set.

Like 10 years ago I paid like $1,500 for a new Bowflex machine. I did use it like 3 times. Then those huge rubber extended pieces made for very cool coat hooks. And I used the bench for my shoes/sneakers. :)

I LOVE watching the World's Dumbest episodes, always makes me feel a little bit better about myself. :)

Gunny
06-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Like 10 years ago I paid like $1,500 for a new Bowflex machine. I did use it like 3 times. Then those huge rubber extended pieces made for very cool coat hooks. And I used the bench for my shoes/sneakers. :)

I LOVE watching the World's Dumbest episodes, always makes me feel a little bit better about myself. :)

Damn. You ARE lucky your wife kept you. I could build a gym for about $500. Crap, I do pullups on a tree limb.

And yeah, World's Dumbest is a total self esteem booster. It's like WTF were you even halfway thinking? :laugh:

jimnyc
06-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Damn. You ARE lucky your wife kept you. I could build a gym for about $500. Crap, I do pullups on a tree limb.

And yeah, World's Dumbest is a total self esteem booster. It's like WTF were you even halfway thinking? :laugh:

I watched the commercial too many times. "Just 20 minutes per day, 3 times per week" and I thought I was going to look like Lou Ferrigno! Didn't quite work out that way. Apparently you need to do other things besides those 60 minutes, and eating a shitload of pizza isn't one of them. :dunno:

Gunny
06-30-2016, 05:44 AM
I watched the commercial too many times. "Just 20 minutes per day, 3 times per week" and I thought I was going to look like Lou Ferrigno! Didn't quite work out that way. Apparently you need to do other things besides those 60 minutes, and eating a shitload of pizza isn't one of them. :dunno:

Diet is 75%. People don't get that. And the people selling this crap capitalize on it. When I was young it was universal machines. People spent a fortune on them. I never did the Boqflex thing because they won't just give you a price without an e mail address. Forget that. Learned that lesson long ago.