PDA

View Full Version : I've got to get more organized

glockmail
02-02-2016, 04:40 PM
I used to be pretty good at this before I bought my first house. It had a two car garage, a full basement, and a detached 40'x60' machinery barn. I filled 'em all up! Five cars, one pick-up, a small farm tractor, a lawn mower, rototiller, chain saw, air compressor, lots of garden tools, a drill press, lots of hand tools, cider and canning apparatus, probably about a thousand bottles and ball jars.

When we moved I held garage sales for three Saturdays straight, followed by trips to the dump. Got rid of tons of crap because we had to pay by the pound to move it all. I sold tons too, stuff my wife said would never sell, like my Carhart one-piece.

20 years later I'm back where I started with all the junk. Two homes, the big one 4100 square feet and a three car garage. It's full, and my power equipment is stored outside under cover. Plus I have another car at a buddy's garage, and a ton of tools over there.

There's not a lot of room at the other house, our vacation cabin, and I plan on retiring there. Depending on how things go I may be living there in two or three years. I'll have to enclose under the covered deck to make more storage space, but even then...