PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Quits

Bilgerat
02-03-2016, 09:10 AM
In a rare show of common sense, Rand Paul announced on Wednesday that he is suspending his 2016 campaign for president.

"It's been an incredible honor to run a principled campaign for the White House," Paul said in a statement. "Today, I will end where I began, ready and willing to fight for the cause of Liberty."

Paul finished fifth in Monday's Iowa caucuses with 4.5 percent of the vote -- behind rivals Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Marco Rubio and Ben Carson.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-03-2016, 10:07 AM
In a rare show of common sense, Rand Paul announced on Wednesday that he is suspending his 2016 campaign for president.

"It's been an incredible honor to run a principled campaign for the White House," Paul said in a statement. "Today, I will end where I began, ready and willing to fight for the cause of Liberty."

Paul finished fifth in Monday's Iowa caucuses with 4.5 percent of the vote -- behind rivals Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Marco Rubio and Ben Carson.

If only about 3 or 4 more would show such good sense.
I hope to see some do just that after the conclusion of the next primary. -Tyr

NightTrain
02-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Good move on his part. He has a few good ideas and it was good that he got to espouse them on a national level.

This will help show a clearer picture of the support of the main candidates are.

Kathianne
02-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Huckabee, Paul, and maybe Santorum:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2016/02/01/santorum-reassess-presidential-campaign-after-poor-caucus-finish/79626048/

Bilgerat
02-03-2016, 10:53 AM
If only about 3 or 4 more would show such good sense.
-Tyr

From your lips ..............:salute:

jimnyc
02-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Adios, Rand!

Gunny
02-03-2016, 11:44 AM
I think he should have stayed. He's the litmus test for conservatives. He could be ANY 1930s Republican Congressman. You know .. back when Republicans were conservative?

If we're going to have a Bernie Sanders, we should have his opposite.

jimnyc
02-03-2016, 11:59 AM
I think he should have stayed. He's the litmus test for conservatives. He could be ANY 1930s Republican Congressman. You know .. back when Republicans were conservative?

If we're going to have a Bernie Sanders, we should have his opposite.

He could have stayed, but folks and candidates alike need to remain reasonable. Nothing wrong with him running, but at some point you have to know when to call it quits, when to no longer waste money. He simply never had a chance. Of course it's their money to waste, but I didn't see any victory for him, no matter how long he stayed in the contest. And not just Rand, IMO it's time for a few others to hit the light switch and call it a night.

Gunny
02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
He could have stayed, but folks and candidates alike need to remain reasonable. Nothing wrong with him running, but at some point you have to know when to call it quits, when to no longer waste money. He simply never had a chance. Of course it's their money to waste, but I didn't see any victory for him, no matter how long he stayed in the contest. And not just Rand, IMO it's time for a few others to hit the light switch and call it a night.

I'm only going to disagree to say this ... remaining reasonable doesn't mean I quit so your boy can get ahead. And I could say the same about Trump. He doesn't represent me nor any conservative I'm aware of. He represents Trump. This is all about him.

And I'm not saying Rand Paul had any more of a chance than his bonehead father did. I still got issues with that f*cker for pasting Ron Paul crap all over every telephone pole in SA that he was required to remove by law within 2 weeks of the election not 2 damned years.

And I WILL be right there to vote against the Dems. Doesn't mean I'm voting FOR Trump. I think he's a disaster. Just another lesser of two evils decision. So when do we quit settling for crap just because it's not the worst and vote for someone that actually represents us?

jimnyc
02-03-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm only going to disagree to say this ... remaining reasonable doesn't mean I quit so your boy can get ahead. And I could say the same about Trump. He doesn't represent me nor any conservative I'm aware of. He represents Trump. This is all about him.

And I'm not saying Rand Paul had any more of a chance than his bonehead father did. I still got issues with that f*cker for pasting Ron Paul crap all over every telephone pole in SA that he was required to remove by law within 2 weeks of the election not 2 damned years.

And I WILL be right there to vote against the Dems. Doesn't mean I'm voting FOR Trump. I think he's a disaster. Just another lesser of two evils decision. So when do we quit settling for crap just because it's not the worst and vote for someone that actually represents us?

How in the world did Trump get into this conversation? And how did he become "my boy"?

My point was that sometimes people need to rethink things, and not stay in races for the principle, as that principle will cost them a lot of money. But if they want to, that's a-ok with me. And if supporters want to spend money on someone with such little of a chance, I'm cool with that too. To ME, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kathianne
02-03-2016, 12:33 PM
How in the world did Trump get into this conversation? And how did he become "my boy"?

My point was that sometimes people need to rethink things, and not stay in races for the principle, as that principle will cost them a lot of money. But if they want to, that's a-ok with me. And if supporters want to spend money on someone with such little of a chance, I'm cool with that too. To ME, it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I have to agree. If all but the top 4 were in until Super Tuesday, we'd have a much clearer idea where things are going.

Gunny
02-03-2016, 12:34 PM

Don't get yourself in an uproar, Jim, or I'll go find your sister. :laugh: You know I don't like Trump. It became about him because it's part of this election.

What I'm not going to do is spend the next 7 months in a running gun battle over who likes who. I don't expect you nor anyone else in the Trump camp to agree with me. Matter of fact, I'd respect any of you less for doing so just to shut me up. Allow me the same courtesy. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and think I spent 21 years ensuring you are entitled to yours.

Bilgerat
02-03-2016, 03:26 PM
And now, Santorum has pulled the pin

LongTermGuy
02-03-2016, 03:40 PM
And now, Santorum has pulled the pin

.......sure has...only Logical thing for him to do.

LongTermGuy
02-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Don't get yourself in an uproar, Jim, or I'll go find your sister. :laugh: You know I don't like Trump. It became about him because it's part of this election.

What I'm not going to do is spend the next 7 months in a running gun battle over who likes who. I don't expect you nor anyone else in the Trump camp to agree with me. Matter of fact, I'd respect any of you less for doing so just to shut me up. Allow me the same courtesy. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and think I spent 21 years ensuring you are entitled to yours.

...Sounds good there brotha Gunny I hear ya....and you know I like Trump as well as many others...So lets see how it all pans out in the end...

Gunny
02-03-2016, 04:06 PM

...Sounds good there brotha Gunny I hear ya....and you know I like Trump as well as many others...So lets see how it all pans out in the end...

Crap, Jim's brother Jeff is my best favorite goofball and I know he likes Trump. You see us arguing over it? Anyone doesn't want to agree with me, then don't. I just don't want to argue endlessly about the crap. Y'all got the reasons you like him and I got mine for not liking him. If anyone's waiting on me to think I'm wrong, I think I'm as about as wrong as any of you think you are.:laugh:

What I don't like is us turning on one another over a political race. We've all been around since 03 or something like that. When this election is over, we're still going to be here. What I'd like to see is a unified front on our part to put the lefties in the trash where they belong.

LongTermGuy
02-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Crap, Jim's brother Jeff is my best favorite goofball and I know he likes Trump. You see us arguing over it? Anyone doesn't want to agree with me, then don't. I just don't want to argue endlessly about the crap. Y'all got the reasons you like him and I got mine for not liking him. If anyone's waiting on me to think I'm wrong, I think I'm as about as wrong as any of you think you are.:laugh:

What I don't like is us turning on one another over a political race. We've all been around since 03 or something like that. When this election is over, we're still going to be here. What I'd like to see is a unified front on our part to put the lefties in the trash where they belong.

Oh ya...agree...as we all age.. we get wiser...:laugh:...Once were dead on this Earth..were dead..."nothing else"... will matter "here" anymore...Might as well make the best of it and enjoy our time...:thumb:http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/041/c/6/laughing_at_death_by_cameronart-d4paqcq.jpg

Gunny
02-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Oh ya...agree...as we all age.. we get wiser...:laugh:...Once were dead on this Earth..were dead..."nothing else"... will matter "here" anymore...Might as well make the best of it and enjoy our time...:thumb:http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/041/c/6/laughing_at_death_by_cameronart-d4paqcq.jpg

Just let me know if I get to put a round through rev's grape. He's getting on my last nerve.

LongTermGuy
02-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Just let me know if I get to put a round through rev's grape. He's getting on my last nerve.

:clap:...^^^...Ahh...he`s... alright...I feel we `all` should just put up with each other...:coffee:

and just Ignore "mentally" ...if possible..if possible...if possible...if possible...:laugh:

Gunny
02-03-2016, 04:49 PM
:clap:...^^^...Ahh...he`s... alright...I feel we `all` should just put up with each other...:coffee:

and just Ignore "mentally" ...if possible..if possible...if possible...if possible...:laugh:

I think people should quit getting away with excuses for bad behavior. And if a color is involved so be it. I didn't see a whole lot of white folk burning down Baltimore. Call it what it is. You act like a nigger you're a nigger.