PDA

View Full Version : The DuffelBlog

Bilgerat
02-04-2016, 12:50 PM
This Blog is sort of like "The Onion"

But this entry, well it's awful close to the truth.

Coast Guard Mostly Saves Very Stupid People, Study Finds

Nearly 83 percent of mariner rescues since 1960 involved unrelentingly stupid behaviors and/or people, according to a recent study by the U.S. Coast Guard.

Though the service treats all search and rescue situations equally, most on-scene commanders will privately admit that a majority of the time “it was just some dumb bastard with no concern for personal safety,” according to the study’s authors.

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/02/coast-guard-saves-very-stupid-people/#ixzz3zDs2ckHQ

Elessar
02-04-2016, 01:19 PM

Nearly 83 percent of mariner rescues since 1960 involved unrelentingly stupid behaviors and/or people, according to a recent study by the U.S. Coast Guard.

Though the service treats all search and rescue situations equally, most on-scene commanders will privately admit that a majority of the time “it was just some dumb bastard with no concern for personal safety,” according to the study’s authors.

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2016/02/coast-guard-saves-very-stupid-people/#ixzz3zDs2ckHQ

I had a lot of those "You gotta be shittin' me cases" over the years! Quite a few with bad endings, too.

Gunny
02-04-2016, 01:20 PM

Y'think? How about we all run 25 miles off the coast in a 20 footer and try to hook some marlin? Never mind the MF-er don't fit in the damned boat. About as brilliant as the "Hurricane party". I like the buttheads that chase tornadoes too, btw.

Elessar
02-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Y'think? How about we all run 25 miles off the coast in a 20 footer and try to hook some marlin? Never mind the MF-er don't fit in the damned boat. About as brilliant as the "Hurricane party". I like the buttheads that chase tornadoes too, btw.

We had a guy in a 16 foot boat go 60 miles offshore to fish for albacore tuna, with only a cell phone for communication!

Gunny
02-04-2016, 08:01 PM
We had a guy in a 16 foot boat go 60 miles offshore to fish for albacore tuna, with only a cell phone for communication!

The thread title proves its point? :laugh: