PDA

View Full Version : Cruz apologizes to Carson

jimnyc
02-07-2016, 10:47 AM
I like both of these guys. I hope they can put this behind them and start working forward. It's possible that Cruz ends up the nominee, and I would be thrilled if he, or any of them, were to ask Carson to be the VP.

-----

Ben Carson said late Saturday that Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas approached him during an off-camera break at ABC’s Republican debate to apologize for his campaign’s conduct during the Iowa caucuses and requested a one-on-one meeting with him.

“He said he’s sorry that this happened and he wants to sit down and talk,” Carson said in an interview with The Washington Post. “He wants to discuss the whole thing and clear the air.”

The retired neurosurgeon said he mostly listened when his Republican rival approached him on stage but did agree to hear Cruz out in the coming days. They did not set a date.

“To be determined,” Carson said when asked where they may meet. “Doesn’t matter.”

Cruz’s conversation with Carson and his appeal for a private get-together is the latest turn in the ongoing drama between their campaigns since the caucuses, when Cruz’s supporters spread false reports that Carson was dropping out of the 2016 race.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/07/carson-says-an-apologetic-cruz-asked-for-a-meeting-at-debate/

Russ
02-07-2016, 01:02 PM
I like both of these guys. I hope they can put this behind them and start working forward. It's possible that Cruz ends up the nominee, and I would be thrilled if he, or any of them, were to ask Carson to be the VP.

Agreed. Carson might not bring a state with him to the ticket, and I'm not sure whether or not he would bring much of the black vote with him. But he would bring respectability and dignity.

jimnyc
02-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Agreed. Carson might not bring a state with him to the ticket, and I'm not sure whether or not he would bring much of the black vote with him. But he would bring respectability and dignity.

Brains. I think folks still respect smart people. It doesn't take but 10 minutes of listening to Carson before you understand how intelligent he is. Even better of you take the time to read his background. Most won't take that time though. That's why I think the amount of candidates hurt. If there were only 4 for example, from the get go, I think he would be performing much better. It's hard to "learn" about someone with 15+ candidates.