PDA

View Full Version : Global outrage over North Korea rocket launch

jimnyc
02-07-2016, 02:40 PM
So what does everyone think about this?

-----

Seoul (AFP) - North Korea hailed an "epochal event" but its latest long-range rocket launch Sunday sparked international anger and plans for talks on a US missile defence system for the peninsula.

Pyongyang's state TV announced the nation successfully put a satellite into orbit, "legitimately exercising the right to use space for independent and peaceful purposes".

Many others saw an exercise which clearly defied multiple UN resolutions -- a disguised test of a ballistic missile which could one day deliver a warhead as far as the US mainland.

The United Nations labelled the launch "deeply deplorable" and Japan termed it "absolutely intolerable". Even the isolated state's sole major ally China expressed regret.

The international community is still struggling to reach agreement on how to respond to Pyongyang's latest nuclear test -- of what it claimed was a hydrogen bomb -- on January 6.

http://news.yahoo.com/global-outrage-over-north-korea-rocket-launch-074851449.html;_ylt=AwrC1jEKVLdWWVIAiV3QtDMD;_ylu= X3oDMTBydWNmY2MwBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDBHNlYw Nzcg--

Gunny
02-07-2016, 02:47 PM
So what does everyone think about this?

-----

Seoul (AFP) - North Korea hailed an "epochal event" but its latest long-range rocket launch Sunday sparked international anger and plans for talks on a US missile defence system for the peninsula.

Pyongyang's state TV announced the nation successfully put a satellite into orbit, "legitimately exercising the right to use space for independent and peaceful purposes".

Many others saw an exercise which clearly defied multiple UN resolutions -- a disguised test of a ballistic missile which could one day deliver a warhead as far as the US mainland.

The United Nations labelled the launch "deeply deplorable" and Japan termed it "absolutely intolerable". Even the isolated state's sole major ally China expressed regret.

The international community is still struggling to reach agreement on how to respond to Pyongyang's latest nuclear test -- of what it claimed was a hydrogen bomb -- on January 6.

http://news.yahoo.com/global-outrage-over-north-korea-rocket-launch-074851449.html;_ylt=AwrC1jEKVLdWWVIAiV3QtDMD;_ylu= X3oDMTBydWNmY2MwBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM0BHZ0aWQDBHNlYw Nzcg--

It's attention time again Sushi whatever his name is? N Korea gets butt hurt every time someone else gets any of their delusional "bad boy" credit.

And you can nuke them, Jim. They only got like 2 cities and stupid enough to keep most of their military in both. Just make sure the wind's blowing west or SW when you do so the fallout goes over Russia or China.:laugh:

Since I'm not Hillary and am aware my server is unsecure I'll keep this to a minimum. If anyone thinks the Korean Peninsula doesn't have a few subs offshore at all times, somebody might want to inform them.

NightTrain
02-07-2016, 02:53 PM
I don't know why we just don't park a couple of Guided Missile Cruisers off the coast and use those launches as practice for our anti-missile defense buildout.

They're not supposed to shoot those off, so we might as well help them do the right thing.

Gunny
02-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I don't know why we just don't park a couple of Guided Missile Cruisers off the coast and use those launches as practice for our anti-missile defense buildout.

They're not supposed to shoot those off, so we might as well help them do the right thing.

I can give you a reason or two. One, cruisers require support ships. Subs may or may not be loaded with up to 7 nukes and can go 6 months without support or even surfacing. Now that's a used-to-be. No telling how many we have left after the current monarchy.

Two, guided missile cruisers ARE support ships. You can bet if you see one of those there's a carrier or two around. These peewees in the 3 World have no idea the firepower they're dealing with. If we'd just use it. They just like to wag their fingers at proven wimps.

The biggest problem N Korea has is nobody wants it. I'd rather be in Iraq than back on that rock. It's just not worth blowing the damned place up. Think about it .... WHAT exactly is N Korea's point? You can blow something up? Their minds have not progressed since WWII. They think having the biggest bomb makes you biggest guy on the block.

The rest of our enemies just buy their way into Wall Street and own most of our country. Who's making out?

Drummond
02-07-2016, 05:14 PM
I see N Korea as a long-term threat.

What they're doing may seem puny, primitive, compared to the real powers in the world such as the US. But unless someone has the capability of proving that N Korea cannot 'up' their game and make critical advances, especially with long-range technology, I say that the time must come when they are defeated as any possible threat to anyone. It may not be a question of 'if', but ultimately 'when'.