PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, the Super Bowl and being among the missing

WiccanLiberal
02-07-2016, 03:09 PM
I have been absent from a great deal lately. I have been dealing with depression. There's a lot to be said for therapy. It took me a bit to find a good therapist and establish what I needed. My advice to anyone seeking to begin therapy is don't give up if your first few efforts don't find you a professional who can deal with the whole you. I am gradually feeling a little better over the course of many weeks. Still a lot of work to do but starting to see results helps motivate me to keep going. Right now fixing dinner and planning on watching the Super Bowl. Just watched the Kitten Bowl and smiled through that while working on some knitting.

jimnyc
02-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I have been absent from a great deal lately. I have been dealing with depression. There's a lot to be said for therapy. It took me a bit to find a good therapist and establish what I needed. My advice to anyone seeking to begin therapy is don't give up if your first few efforts don't find you a professional who can deal with the whole you. I am gradually feeling a little better over the course of many weeks. Still a lot of work to do but starting to see results helps motivate me to keep going. Right now fixing dinner and planning on watching the Super Bowl. Just watched the Kitten Bowl and smiled through that while working on some knitting.

That's what my wife is doing, watching the kitty and puppy bowls! :)

Trust me, I hear ya 100% with the depression stuff, been there and done that far too many times. It's good to hear that you found someone, and it sounds like you are coming out of the fog, as I would call it. Time spent on hobbies and other things you enjoy is the best remedy. Even TV shows that truly occupy your head, being with friends, knitting... I don't want to sound like a lecturer when you probably know 10x more about these things than I do!

Glad to see ya here!!! :)

WiccanLiberal
02-07-2016, 06:20 PM
My therapist advocates cognitive behavioral therapy. A big part of that is the idea of making an effort to do the "normal stuff" even if you don't really feel like it at first, Fake it till it begins to feel right again. It actually works pretty well.

Gunny
02-07-2016, 10:19 PM
I turned on the last couple of minutes. Y'all need to quit questioning me winning games. Two turnovers by Newton.. End of story.

Gunny
02-07-2016, 11:28 PM
And of course I have a commentary on all the commentary I'm hearing. :) This needling Cam about losing is BS. You win as team and you lose as a team. Why did they expect him to stand up there and give a hi-ho-cheerio? How the Hell do think he feels after the media's spent all season making him feel responsible? Now he's to blame.:rolleyes:

I can't speak for Cam, but I know I never once stepped on a field, mat court or in a ring to lose.

darin
02-08-2016, 02:29 AM
I am so sorry about that depression. Honestly that's no joke. You're strong and capable; do not forget to remind yourself, every day if need be, you are the boss of your mind - don't let your mind's affliction take over. You got this.

#prayers #betheboss