PDA

View Full Version : Me, on the page

Abbey Marie
02-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Yup

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/5/15/14/what-your-parents-think-when-you-dont-answer-your-20474-1273949774-12.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Yup

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/5/15/14/what-your-parents-think-when-you-dont-answer-your-20474-1273949774-12.jpg

I admit, it worries me when my 27 year old married daughter does not answer either her home phone or her cell phone.
I have been known to then call her husband-to find out whats going on!!
And I am not the hovering kind.
She thinks its funny until I scold her about it. Then she apologizes if she ignored the call
without just cause. Which she has admitted a few times.
She knows that I'd fight a tiger with a feather to defend her if that was the required weapon.--Tyr

jimnyc
02-07-2016, 03:35 PM
I usually think that the kid is just ignoring me, or the battery is dead because he watched too many damn videos or too much music!!

Kathianne
02-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Umm, my mom was like that. Me? Not so much, unless they don't call back within a few hours. I figure they're at a movie or work or some other place they have the phone silent or off.

Mom was very freaky though if we didn't pick up phone or leave a note on where we were.

NightTrain
02-07-2016, 09:55 PM
I have a policy that if I'm paying for that cell, my calls always get answered!

Otherwise, with my grown kids I just throw them a text and they get back as they can. I do the same thing... I catch up on texts when I have a minute, phone calls are usually reserved for important RIGHT NOW kind of things.

Jeff
02-08-2016, 07:31 AM
I have a policy that if I'm paying for that cell, my calls always get answered!

Otherwise, with my grown kids I just throw them a text and they get back as they can. I do the same thing... I catch up on texts when I have a minute, phone calls are usually reserved for important RIGHT NOW kind of things.

Same here NT, and sure enough they did as they pleased. They got them for Christmas and each had to pay the bill for January :laugh: My kids have figured out how to just work and pay your own way ( sort of ) Time to just collect said phones for a couple of weeks. :laugh:

SassyLady
02-10-2016, 11:59 PM
I used to worry ... now I just figure she's pissed at me for something if she doesn't answer text. Seriously, I know she's busy keeping up with her husband and three kids (two teenagers) and mother is at the bottom of messages to be returned.

We have system ... if not important ... leave a voice message. If important ... blow up the phone.

Kathianne
02-11-2016, 12:06 AM
I used to worry ... now I just figure she's pissed at me for something if she doesn't answer text. Seriously, I know she's busy keeping up with her husband and three kids (two teenagers) and mother is at the bottom of messages to be returned.

We have system ... if not important ... leave a voice message. If important ... blow up the phone.

Text is for emergencies and not. ;) Phone calls are for really catching up. They each call at least once a week. Now that the babies are 'talking' to some degree, seems the calls are increasing to talk to Grandma. I'm happy with that!

Jeff
02-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Text is for emergencies and not. ;) Phone calls are for really catching up. They each call at least once a week. Now that the babies are 'talking' to some degree, seems the calls are increasing to talk to Grandma. I'm happy with that!

Kat that is the one thing I can't stand. :laugh: Hell I can't hear real good as it is, so I you can imagine how hard it is to make sense of something only a Mamma can understand. :laugh: See phone calls to me are to spend a few just seeing how everyone is doing, than business, then hang up, never mind having to try and figure out what Jr. said. MY grandson's name is Chase and when I do talk to him on the phone it is usually a one sided conversation with me throwing a "really Chase" or " That is cool Chase " in once in a while. :laugh:

Kathianne
02-12-2016, 10:44 AM
Kat that is the one thing I can't stand. :laugh: Hell I can't hear real good as it is, so I you can imagine how hard it is to make sense of something only a Mamma can understand. :laugh: See phone calls to me are to spend a few just seeing how everyone is doing, than business, then hang up, never mind having to try and figure out what Jr. said. MY grandson's name is Chase and when I do talk to him on the phone it is usually a one sided conversation with me throwing a "really Chase" or " That is cool Chase " in once in a while. :laugh:

LOL! I love it! I tell a bit of story, stop. Wait for some 'chatter back,' then respond. The babies keep it going for a few minutes, sometimes laughing! I just love it!